BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
My personal choice is and has been for some time:

First choice: SW model 60 (basically same as ruger) because I can carry a j-frame all the time in any clothing.  Pocket carry.

Second choice: G20. If I'm gonna have the clothing to cover the big bastard.

So if I had to choose one of yours I would go with the ruger because I can carry it easier all the time.

And yes 15 is much better than 5.  But I am more likely to throw the jframe in a pocket of anything I am wearing.

And I have made it through the first fifty years without having to get in a gunfight so the capacity and reloading ability means little to me.

I have had to pull a pistol and point it at someone three times in my life to protect myself.

Each of those three times having any gun was more important that having a high capacity pistol.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I am considering getting either a ruger sp101 in .357 magnum or a glock 19 in 9mm for CCW.

View Quote

Vote for which I should get and comment on why.

Poll inbound.

I rarely vote glock. But out of those two; the 19.

If I were to pick my first carry weapon over again? GLOCK30sf.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No brainer for me: I voted for the more powerful and reliable weapon.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I read somewhere that normal rate of gunfire in a fight is around 3-4 rounds a second. That means with an SP101 or J frame Smith you've got less than 2 seconds of outgoing fire during the fight. That Glock 19 might give you five seconds. Considering how long a split second can be when your life's on the line, I'd take those extra seconds.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top