BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 232
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To break the ice off the truck this past time, I had to use the handle of a finishing hammer. 2" thick solid ice in most spots
View Quote

When I got my first car we were stationed in New Hampshire. My car wouldn't fit in the garage. I fondly remember having to dig my car out just so I could drive to high school. Not shovel the drive way, but dig out my car after a night snow storm dropped 18 inches on us.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

When I got my first car we were stationed in New Hampshire. My car wouldn't fit in the garage. I fondly remember having to dig my car out just so I could drive to high school. Not shovel the drive way, but dig out my car after a night snow storm dropped 18 inches on us.
View Quote

I lived in upstate Vermont on a farm for a few years when I was 18.  No garage.  No paved roads.  Plow came to end of driveway and left.  Except that time he got stuck cause our place was at the bottom of a hill with no running start.  Fun times.  Yeah, interesting times.  Lucky there was 4 young guys living in the house so we could help get at least one car to the top of the road and going.  

Oh my mean snow machine?  A 1967 Dodge Dart station wagon with a slant 6 motor.  I kept 200 pounds of salt/sand over the drive wheel.  Sometimes I even had a snow tire or two on it.  Depended on if anyone had changed tires and left usable ones in better shape than what I had at the tire shop I worked at.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Driving to my sister in laws house in Concord NH was the first time I had ever heard about "frost heaves"
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Driving to my sister in laws house in Concord NH was the first time I had ever heard about "frost heaves"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mr. Plow will find this interesting: they have little snow plows just for the sidewalks that aren't pushed; they're driven.

I'm watching the ATL-BOS game. Acuna is good at baseballing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Just cut on the Braves and BoSox.

So great to see live MLB.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
In our town the homeowner is responsible for sidewalk snow removal.

I live on one of the few streets without sidewalks, thank God

And yes, acuna is good at baseballing. I wish I was at home watching
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just cut on the Braves and BoSox.

So great to see live MLB.
View Quote

Isn't it though? It makes spring feel like it's actually here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In our town the homeowner is responsible for sidewalk snow removal.

I live on one of the few streets without sidewalks, thank God

And yes, acuna is good at baseballing. I wish I was at home watching
View Quote

I don't have sidewalks and live just outside the city limits in the county, so pedestrians get nothing from me.

And they just mercy ruled the end of the inning. 20 pitch innings and 5 or 7 inning games are good to go if both managers agree until St. Patty Day.

Abner Doubleday, Peace Be Upon Him, is spinning in his grave.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#9]
So after the Braves blew their 3-1 NLCS lead I removed myself from following baseball until the ST games began.

What the hell just happened?  BoSox just walked in a run then we go to the middle of the 1st?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So after the Braves blew their 3-1 NLCS lead I removed myself from following baseball until the ST games began.

What the hell just happened?  BoSox just walked in a run then we go to the middle of the 1st?
View Quote

For the first two weeks of ST if the managers agree they can end an inning after 20 pitches and have 5 or 7 inning games. I guess it's to keep players from getting tore up physically this early.

It's plain and simple Communism if you ask me.

The regular 9 inning games are good to go come April 1 with a winner, extra innings and everything.

I haven't heard if we're going back to 7 inning double headers and men already on base in extra innings though. I suspect we'll get that because Manfred sucks.

4500 fans (four thousand five hundred) only for Opening Day at Fenway.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For the first two weeks of ST if the managers agree they can end an inning after 20 pitches and have 5 or 7 inning games. I guess it's to keep players from getting tore up physically this early.

The regular 9 inning games are good to go come April 1 with a winner, extra innings and everything.

I haven't heard if we're going back to 7 inning double headers and men already on base in extra innings though. I suspect we'll get that because Manfred sucks.

My blood is already up and we have to talk about this shit today?  LOL  Makes me want to spit fucking nails thinking about how they're bastardizing my game.  

It's truly the last professional sport I though I could still enjoy but its slowly going another direction...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My blood is already up and we have to talk about this shit today?  LOL  Makes me want to spit fucking nails thinking about how they're bastardizing my game.  

It's truly the last professional sport I though I could still enjoy but its slowly going another direction...

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info kugelblitz

The only 2020 rule change I wouldn't mind seeing permanent is the Universal DH. I am sure that will be in the new CBA.

And I'm saying that as a guy who despised the DH until last season.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The only 2020 rule change I wouldn't mind seeing permanent is the Universal DH. I am sure that will be in the new CBA.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just hope there is a new CBA. It doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#17]
The talking heads just said that during ST games, if a pitcher is pulled the manager can put him back in later.

> God has left the chatroom.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The talking heads just said that during ST games, if a pitcher is pulled the manager can put him back in later.

> God has left the chatroom.
View Quote

Also, they get to use cricket bat from the 4th inning on, because this isn't really baseball anymore so none of this matters.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard they're using Futurama rules for a few of the ST games.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I heard they're using Futurama rules for a few of the ST games.
View Quote

Blernsball rules make more sense at this point.

FUTURAMA | Season 1, Episode 5: Best Of Blernsball | SYFY

I love the idea of bringing back the Bullpen Carts, but I would totally dig replacing them with giant mutated Bullpen Spiders.

On the plus side, they just showed Wash, Make All His Coke Be Pure.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Didn't someone Steve accuse you of being an Orioles bandwagoner once? For some reason that sticks out in my head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the Padres? Still gonna band wagon them!! #teamTheRealManny

Didn't someone Steve accuse you of being an Orioles bandwagoner once? For some reason that sticks out in my head.

Lol if he did that’s fucking hilarious.

He was always on his ‘I’m the truest fans of true fans and you are all fakers’ type of shit, but then he crowned me a ‘true fan’ like I had never lasted an entire season with a shitty o’s squad.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Blernsball rules make more sense at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQF8rQaIjUE

I love the idea of bringing back the Bullpen Carts, but I would totally dig replacing them with giant mutated Bullpen Spiders.

On the plus side, they just showed Wash, Make All His Coke Be Pure.
View Quote

Back in the early 2000s, the Brewers still had their old bullpen cart they used around the service level. Still had the old 70s M logo hat on it too. I got to ride around in it a handful of times back in the day. No clue why they never found a reason to use it.

Edit: Found it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#23]
STL/Nats played 9 yesterday.

It ended up tied but they agreed to play the bottom 9th no matter who was leading to get some extra bats in.

I kinda like spring training rules.

We're taking about practice man. Practice.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Back in the early 2000s, the Brewers still had their old bullpen cart they used around the service level. Still had the old 70s M logo hat on it too. I got to ride around in it a handful of times back in the day. No clue why they never found a reason to use it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/303019/Papa_Cheese_jpg-1847022.JPG
View Quote

Dumb and Dumber, as presented by the Brew Crew

They've used it kinda.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Someone will need to well check Steve. The Yanks beat the Tigers today.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Stros come from behind in the 9th to win 7-6 over the Nats. Could have used that in game 7 2 seasons ago
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Mr. Plow will find this interesting: they have little snow plows just for the sidewalks that aren't pushed; they're driven.

I'm watching the ATL-BOS game. Acuna is good at baseballing.
View Quote

we have those sidewalk plows in our city
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I love watching Spring Training games on TV. It reminds me of a lazy summer time afternoon, without the full park cheering a screaming, and all of the play is during the day (for the most part). It's just beautiful in every way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I kinda like spring training rules.

We're taking about practice man. Practice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#30]
It would appear that the Diamondbacks are fixing to throw another season.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The dodgers old cart is parked on their suite level directly behind the press box.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I love watching Spring Training games on TV. It reminds me of a lazy summer time afternoon, without the full park cheering a screaming, and all of the play is during the day (for the most part). It's just beautiful in every way.
View Quote

Yeah, it’s good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

We’re just trying to figure out where to put Ozuna without the dh.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The dodgers old cart is parked on their suite level directly behind the press box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use of the Bullpen carts should be mandatory.

They should also have specialized carts like instead of using the Grounds crew John Deere Gator, they have a bullpen cart with a truck bed. Instead of using golfcarts around the stadium for staff, bullpen carts. Instead of company cars and buses to go to events and the airport, oversized bullpen carts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what happens when you make a Faustian deal with the Devil. Universal DH last year, no idea where to put him this year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's what happens when you make a Faustian deal with the Devil. Universal DH last year, no idea where to put him this year.
View Quote

Thing is Ozuna was a free agent and they signed him knowing it might be an issue.  Well, there have been worse LFers in baseball.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They should also have specialized carts like instead of using the Grounds crew John Deere Gator, they have a bullpen cart with a truck bed. Instead of using golfcarts around the stadium for staff, bullpen carts. Instead of company cars and buses to go to events and the airport, oversized bullpen carts.
View Quote

Let me see that uniform. Of course! Polyester!

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut up!
Shut up!
I don't see you trying to make things batter for baseball.
You know what?
Fuck you!
You just sit up there in Cleveland naysaying!
Everything I try to create you just pooh-pooh!
Fuck you!
Go fuck your-what?
What's so funny?
Fuck you!
My dreams are valid and when and when and when I become Commissioner of Baseball I'll make them all come true!
Shut up!
Just shut up!
Black shoes!
No domes!
Batflippers get sodomized with their own bat!
All you critics can go eat a dick!
Fuck you!
I'll drink beer from your skull, I swear I will.

No, fuck you!

There, I said it.

Let me calm down.

No, I'm good now. I'm back in control.

You're out of the band.

Ben too.

Okay, you're back in.

But Ben isn't.

Also, fuck you.

And Ben.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Shut up!
Shut up!
You know what?
Fuck you!
Fuck you!
Go fuck your-what?
What's so funny?
Fuck you!
My dreams are valid and when and when and when I become Commissioner of Baseball I'll make them all come true!
Shut up!
Just shut up!
Black shoes!
No domes!
Fuck you!

No, fuck you!

There, I said it.

Let me calm down.

You're out of the band.

Ben too.

Okay, you're back in.

But Ben isn't.

Also, fuck you.

And Ben.

View Quote

You are like a discount version of Steve.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut up!
Shut up!
You know what?
Fuck you!
Fuck you!
Go fuck your-what?
What's so funny?
Fuck you!
Shut up!
Just shut up!
Black shoes!
No domes!
Fuck you!

No, fuck you!

There, I said it.

Let me calm down.

You're out of the band.

Ben too.

Okay, you're back in.

But Ben isn't.

Also, fuck you.

And Ben.

Steve is just an overpriced version of me.  He's a Honda Civic at Ferrari prices.

You're not out of the band, but you're on Double Secret Probation, so you better watch yourself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I actually do a little work for a change and all hell breaks loose.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I actually do a little work for a change and all hell breaks loose.
View Quote

that'll teach you
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Shut up!
Shut up!
You know what?
Fuck you!
Fuck you!
Go fuck your-what?
What's so funny?
Fuck you!
Shut up!
Just shut up!
Black shoes!
No domes!
Fuck you!

No, fuck you!

There, I said it.

Let me calm down.

You're out of the band.

Ben too.

Okay, you're back in.

But Ben isn't.

Also, fuck you.

And Ben.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut up!
Shut up!
You know what?
Fuck you!
Fuck you!
Go fuck your-what?
What's so funny?
Fuck you!
Shut up!
Just shut up!
Black shoes!
No domes!
Fuck you!

No, fuck you!

There, I said it.

Let me calm down.

You're out of the band.

Ben too.

Okay, you're back in.

But Ben isn't.

Also, fuck you.

And Ben.

you forgot brown gloves.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#45]
The Tigers laid the smackdown on the Pi-rats asses today.

Greg Amsinger is predicting the Pi-rats will lose 113 games this year. I think he's finally starting to make a lot of sense.

Willi Castro is hitting .600 with 2 homes and 5 RBI so far in Spring Training. Not a bad start to follow up his 2020 RoY worthy season (had the Fake News Baseball Media not been in the tank for the Communist Chinese).
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Greg Amsinger is predicting the Pi-rats will lose 113 games this year. I think he's finally starting to make a lot of sense.

Willi Castro is hitting .600 with 2 homes and 5 RBI so far in Spring Training. Not a bad start to follow up his 2020 RoY worthy season (had the Fake News Baseball Media not been in the tank for the Communist Chinese).
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

you forgot brown gloves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut up!
Shut up!
You know what?
Fuck you!
Fuck you!
Go fuck your-what?
What's so funny?
Fuck you!
Shut up!
Just shut up!
Black shoes!
No domes!
Fuck you!

No, fuck you!

There, I said it.

Let me calm down.

You're out of the band.

Ben too.

Okay, you're back in.

But Ben isn't.

Also, fuck you.

And Ben.

you forgot brown gloves.

It wasn't an exhaustive list, you foul lump of slimy cock hammers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate to break it to you Steve, but the Kittens beating the Bucs is no great feat. I could probably get nine guys from my neighborhood and give the Pirates a run for their money and we're all middle-age dad-bods.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I hate to break it to you Steve, but the Kittens beating the Bucs is no great feat. I could probably get nine guys from my neighborhood and give the Pirates a run for their money and we're all middle-age dad-bods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far this spring, The Tigers have visited defeat upon the Philadelphia Phillies and the Shittsburgh Pi-rats.

Pennsylvania is also the state which usurped the will of God and The Voters by sending Ho Xiden to the White House.

It is now clear to me that God has chosen The Tigers to be his instrument of justice upon the deceivers who lead lambs unto the slaughter.

Those who speak ill of God's instrument, speak ill of God. Those who oppose The Tigers oppose God.

My logic is flawless. You must obey the will of God. You must submit to The Tigers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Also, my Mac autofills Shittsburgh.
Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top