BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two SBR MP5K PDWs and the truth is there is zero difference between the stock and the new sidefolding brace.......

https://www.sb-tactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/5_SBT5K_on_MP5K_Right_Folded_Web.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still FATF, but tax free SBRs and all the letters the FATF can handle until Trump is out of office!
I'd rather pay the 200 tax and be able use a real stock instead of using a sub standard instrument just to be in spite of.

Oh wait, I did pay the tax. Repeatably. Will do so again. Repeatably.

Don't like the tax but until they take SBR's and cans off the NFA, that is the way it will be done for me because I don't cheap out out of spite when it can save my life being more optimal
I have two SBR MP5K PDWs and the truth is there is zero difference between the stock and the new sidefolding brace.......

https://www.sb-tactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/5_SBT5K_on_MP5K_Right_Folded_Web.jpg
Agreed, I have multiple SBRs and an MP5K setup like above, no difference.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You always have been able to shoulder the brace...

Unless you built the thing with the idea that you can skirt the sbr law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question, what does this really mean in the practical use of AR pistols?  Am I clear to shoulder my shockwave?o  Does anybody know?

People do that?!?! I just wanted a short AR pistol to shoot one handed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The need to post the fucking letter.

Their stupid shit is just that stupid shit. Without the letter being published means nothing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still FATF, but tax free SBRs and all the letters the FATF can handle until Trump is out of office!
I'd rather pay the 200 tax and be able use a real stock instead of using a sub standard instrument just to be in spite of.

Oh wait, I did pay the tax. Repeatably. Will do so again. Repeatably.

Don't like the tax but until they take SBR's and cans off the NFA, that is the way it will be done for me because I don't cheap out out of spite when it can save my life being more optimal

On my AR15 there's an actual difference. Plus I can use a fore grip, something that you can't do to a pistol, and is a difference as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Huh... The shockwave I have looks pretty damn uncomfortable as a stock, but its good this retardation as been suspended for now.
View Quote
Keep in mind the new letter only applies to SB Tactical braces. 
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Their stupid shit is just that stupid shit. Without the letter being published means nothing.
View Quote
Sort of like the ATF's "no shoulder" open letter did.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So will that hold true for other pistol stocks like the Shockwave or Thordsen? Maybe I should email the ATF for clarification.
View Quote
The letter is only addressed to SB Tactical and does NOT cover the other braces such as the Blade or Tailhook.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not even the 25th yet......

They will post the entire letter. Many in industry have already seen it a while ago.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I have SBR's and pistols.

The beauty of the pistol is no paperwork needed when I travel.!!
Oh and I have 6 shockwave and one Sig brace.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The letter is only addressed to SB Tactical and does NOT cover the other braces such as the Blade or Tailhook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So will that hold true for other pistol stocks like the Shockwave or Thordsen? Maybe I should email the ATF for clarification.
Understood, but is it safe to assume that this covers other pistol braces as well? I'm not writing a fucking letter of clarification by the way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same principal would apply, though. No redesign has taken place with the use of a pistol brace.

(I built my pistol with a Shockwave, so that's my completely biased opinion on the matter.)
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Relax everyone.  I just sent an email to the ATF to make sure.  I recommend you guys do it too.
View Quote
Thanks for the reminder.  Done.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Serious question, what does this really mean in the practical use of AR pistols?  Am I clear to shoulder my shockwave?  Does anybody know?
View Quote
Easy man. Think this through. Shouldering a brace is where it all starts. One minute you're shouldering a shockwave, the next you're getting "Berzerker" tattooed on you're forehead.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh... The shockwave I have looks pretty damn uncomfortable as a stock, but its good this retardation as been suspended for now.
Can't say that makes any sense at all, then again this is the FTATF we are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
@MilitaryArms You referred to the (Shockwave) Blade and Tailhook as knockoffs in your Instagram post, would you mind elucidating on that?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.sb-tactical.com/resources/batfe-letter-reversal-opinion-use/

I guess they want your email address to give out a copy of the letter....
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#21]
MAGA you never Trump homos.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
That sounds.... discriminatory.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Great now when I get back from Vacation this new ruling just cost me a whole lot of money, Now I can order the AK Pistol, Scorpion, MP5 and several AR pistol builds that i have been holding off on because i was gonna wait lil longer so I could sbr them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tomorrow I'll write the ATF and let you all know when I've successfully fucked this up
View Quote
Be sure to ask about the shockwave blade. I have yet to receive a reply from them regarding using another persons shoulder if I'm standing behind them in a bear hug. It's like they don't take me seriously.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#25]
As easy as a new letter of interpretation was made to make it "ok" to shoulder an arm brace.......another letter of interpretation can be made to make it "not ok" to shoulder an arm brace.  That's the shitty think about these letters of interpretation.....the ATF can change them as many times as they want.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That sounds.... discriminatory.
View Quote
Well, not really. I believe the ATF is in the process of reviewing some of the other brace options. If you look at the Blade's original design submitted to the ATF for approval, it was made from a flexible material like the SB Brace and included an arm strap. What they went to market with was a hard plastic stock that doesn't ship with the strap. If you look at the SB Tactical brace, it's flexible, is clearly designed to go around the arm and includes the strap. The ATF places considerable importance on the strap. The only problem is, the strap infringes on SB Tactical patent, which is why they don't include it in the packaging. 

I get the sense there's a LOT more going on behind the scenes that what we have visibility into.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good thing I never gave a shit in the first place
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Little side question since I will probably get a pistol now. If I get the upper first, and have other AR's does that constitute constructive possession? PSA had a really nice sale on the 10.5 uppers but that's all I want to spend right now, but do plan on getting a pistol lower pretty soon. No SBR would be made but would owning that alone put me at some risk?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
lol

I'm sure there are some stamp collectors out there writing angry letters to the ATF right now.
View Quote
Its sad that your right.

To bad there are some that hate freedom
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Trump MAGA!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Little side question since I will probably get a pistol now. If I get the upper first, and have other AR's does that constitute constructive possession? PSA had a really nice sale on the 10.5 uppers but that's all I want to spend right now, but do plan on getting a pistol lower pretty soon. No SBR would be made but would owning that alone put me at some risk?
View Quote
Only been covered 87,000,000 times, but yes - you should get a stripped lower at the same time or before then.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here.  And where I live, that was some dangerous shit alright
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#35]
87% of everything on the internet is bullshit. ~ Albert Einstein
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I use a shockwave blade on my CZ Scorpion, my shoulder is fucked up and the blade helps me stabalize the pistol. Nice to be able to use it for it's intended purpose!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#37]
With the ATF, their stance is reversed until they decide to reverse it again...
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Well shit there goes my last excuse not to have the Evo Scorpion yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I just read the letter and its wishy washy at best.  It says if you incidentally, sporadically, or situationally? use it on your shoulder your ok.  What if you shoulder it more than sporadically or you intend to shoulder it every time(not incidental)

FATF
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Shit, now ima need to build a AR pistol. Maybe with an echo trigger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well shit there goes my last excuse not to have the Evo Scorpion yet.
View Quote
One of the best firearm purchases I have made in a while. Do it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just read the letter and its wishy washy at best.  It says if you incidentally, sporadically, or situationally? use it on your shoulder your ok.  What if you shoulder it more than sporadically or you intend to shoulder it every time(not incidental)

FATF
View Quote
Just don't write a fucking letter K.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#44]
so I have a psa 9mm pistol I can use as an arm brace

great I was holding off

thanks ATF

I have 4 dogs so I hope they dont get well.......
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I dunno.  Sounds great for SB Tactical.  But reading this from: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/foghorn/atf-its-legal-to-shoulder-an-ar-15-pistol-equipped-with-an-sb-tactical-arm-brace/

With respect to stabilizing braces, ATF has concluded that attaching the brace to a handgun as a forearm brace does not “make” a short-barreled rifle because in the configuration as submitted to and approved by FATD, it is not intended to be and cannot comfortably be fired from the shoulder.

If, however, the shooter/possessor takes affirmative steps to configure the device for use as a shoulder-stock — for example, configuring the brace so as to permanently affix it to the end of a buffer tube, (thereby creating a length that has no other purpose than to facilitate its use as a stock), removing the arm-strap, or otherwise undermining its ability to be used as a brace — and then in fact shoots the firearm from the shoulder using the accessory as a shoulder stock, that person has objectively “redesigned” the firearm for the purposes of the NFA.

I think we were better off with the ambiguity.  Now it sounds like more constructive intent is on its way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#46]
OST
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Unless there is a spy drone hovering overhead my property, i will do want i want
View Quote
They have them in Texas for environmental surveillance. Do you have a pond or a creek? If yes you may have a drone circling you now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#49]
LOLOLOLOL
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question, what does this really mean in the practical use of AR pistols?  Am I clear to shoulder my shockwave?o  Does anybody know?

Your internal thought processes and what you broadcast on the internet. Where you become a dumbass is when you post your internal thought processes on the internet in a way that could be considered evidence.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top