User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"I didn't think we could lose."

And your favorite characters are spot on. Just wait until you get to "I am that guy"

You'll LOVE that scene.
View Quote

Amos had all the good quotes, except the button pushing quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That last season though...
View Quote

Stop it
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:14:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Season 5 was worse.

Click To View Spoiler

Edit Season 4 bullshit
Click To View SpoilerEdit 2 Season 3 Bullshit.

Click To View SpoilerEdit 3 more season 5 bullshit

Click To View Spoiler

Edit 4:
A gimpy White guy is a crime boss in Baltimore. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif Come on man. https://i.imgur.com/pNXvWz4.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Season 5 was worse.

Click To View Spoiler

Edit Season 4 bullshit
Click To View SpoilerEdit 2 Season 3 Bullshit.

Click To View SpoilerEdit 3 more season 5 bullshit

Click To View Spoiler

Edit 4:
A gimpy White guy is a crime boss in Baltimore. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif Come on man. https://i.imgur.com/pNXvWz4.gif

Well holy fuck dude
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

When an actor from the core cast gets MeTooed, and Amazon decides to end the story three seasons early, it's hard to carry on.

But I'll give them this: the ending was rushed, but it wasn't a forced hack job like the end of the BSG reboot was. BSG, Firefly, and The Expanse are all among my favorite series. The only SW component consistently better was Andor.
View Quote

Think he was found innocent
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Nobody mentions it - but the scene  with hot reporter Chick Monica Stewart returns to the Roci and was told it's too dangerous by the new XO guy. (Who himself had not yet actually gone through the gate),  and her answer...
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:31:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you haven't seen it,  Altered Carbon is a good sci-fi as well. Joel Kinnaman is perfect in season 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The expanse ruined scifi for me.. it went so above and beyond when i tried watching others after it, it was just basic and boring.

If you haven't seen it,  Altered Carbon is a good sci-fi as well. Joel Kinnaman is perfect in season 1.

@Aerospace_Money  I watched that at the same time, it was awesome, I even was ok with the second season.  but that first season was sweet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely amazing show, caused me to then read the books (all) after watching... now rewatching it with the Lady.

TV show Naomi... arrogant, selfish, shitty communicator, frequently betrays/endangers her crew/humanity... space that bitch!

Book Naomi was amazing, brilliant, believably heroic, team player and frequently MVP. Loved the character!

Books are worth the read.

TV show is top 5 scifi ever for me... probably #2 after B5.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The novels are also worth a look.

Though it does feel like they rushed to the ending there a bit.
View Quote

Seeing as how they got cancellable by scifi and picked back up by Amazon,  i have no doubt they were already living on borrowed time. Its frankly amazing they avoided fireflys fate.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When an actor from the core cast gets MeTooed, and Amazon decides to end the story three seasons early, it's hard to carry on.

But I'll give them this: the ending was rushed, but it wasn't a forced hack job like the end of the BSG reboot was. BSG, Firefly, and The Expanse are all among my favorite series. The only SW component consistently better was Andor.

Innocence doesn't matter once the #metoo mob gets on your ass, and the studio jettisons you just cuz.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#10]
The Expanse : Delta V : Slingshot racers slow down.

I should watch the whole series again.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cara Gee

It is a great show, they should have airlocked Naomi in the first few eps though.
View Quote

Agreed. Idk when but I started skipping all her parts like wtf this chick is so annoying. It really kind of killed the show for me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The hardest of hard Sci Fi.

It's great.

PS: https://propstoreauction.com/auctions/catalog/id/412
View Quote

Should I bid on this for my sim pit?

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/412/lot/132196?url=%2Fsearch%3Fkey%3Dflight%2Bdeck%2Bchair%26xclosed%3Dno%26sc%3D400
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep. That and amazon just dumped it. but then again they do that with all their shows.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#14]
First few seasons were epic
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
First few seasons were epic
View Quote

Yep, I was waiting for some big reveal on the alien planet where the molecule originated, like something from Aliens or something, and then it was like it never happened.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep, I was waiting for some big reveal on the alien planet where the molecule originated, like something from Aliens or something, and then it was like it never happened.
View Quote

They never went to where it originated. They went to a planet where some of the tech was. There were / are many such worlds
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Season 1 and 2 are great TV...once you get to the giant orb it falls of a cliff into an unwatchable mess.

Strong female syndrome takes over about that time and the writers room turned into ..how to build a plot around their message.

The female " minister" just became unbearable...why is she here? Oh, she can write a good speech and put the men in their place with her enlightened world view.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Miller is one of my favorite characters in sci fi
View Quote

I'll give you that...once he finds his true love the entire story is pretty much over.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I need to watch this.  Does anyone know if it is streaming free anywhere?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Cara Gee

It is a great show, they should have airlocked Naomi in the first few eps though.
View Quote

Seconded.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#22]
It was overall really good. I binge watched the first 3 seasons right away. Then I slowly finished season 4. The final season took me a bit because I was losing interest. The final season definitely felt rushed. At least they were able to finish it up somewhat. Some shows get canceled and end and you never get to see anything again and it’s a big letdown….Kinda like stargate universe.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's on Prime.

@Bravo_Six
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Season 4 was nothing but a 10-episode Star Trek away mission.  That could have been better.

And yes, they rushed the ending.  

And yes, ANY other actress besides the one that played Naomi would have been better.

Otherwise an outstanding series.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Why do they insist on picking unattractive women for so many roles, Naomi and that woman that played Chani in Dune.  Seriously, that's the best they can do?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Username checks out.

https://i.imgur.com/EoVpaJl.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cara Gee

Username checks out.

https://i.imgur.com/EoVpaJl.gif

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#27]
The books are great
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I felt like it was two different series with the same characters.  The first one was the space virus, the second the political stuff.  It's like they just completely dropped the space herpes thing and it's origins and the aliens and suddenly it was space pirates and terrorists.

Kind of pissed me off.
View Quote
Space herpes  
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The only thing I don't like about that show is naomi. She deserves to be airlocked.
View Quote
I believe the term is "spaced" and yes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's on Prime.

@Bravo_Six
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on Prime.

@Bravo_Six

@Ronnoc

Perfect!  Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I believe the term is "spaced" and yes.
View Quote

The Belters sure did like to blow lots of people out of airlocks.

I have a few issues with that fictional universe and The Belters are a big one. It doesn't make any sense to me that they are so fucking dumb. They are in an environment where being dumb will kill you very quickly and horrifically.

I suppose they need some faction to drive the plot forward by doing crazy things like trying to sneak through the Ring Gate and neither the Martians or the UN would ever be expected to make stupid mistakes...
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The Belters sure did like to blow lots of people out of airlocks.

I have a few issues with that fictional universe and The Belters are a big one. It doesn't make any sense to me that they are so fucking dumb. They are in an environment where being dumb will kill you very quickly and horrifically.

I suppose they need some faction to drive the plot forward by doing crazy things like trying to sneak through the Ring Gate and neither the Martians or the UN would ever be expected to make stupid mistakes...
View Quote

They're not supposed to be dumb from my understanding of what readers of the books have said.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They're not supposed to be dumb from my understanding of what readers of the books have said.
View Quote

Well, having read some (not all) of the books. They seem pretty dumb to me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#36]
very good series. I've only seen season 1 though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Needed at least one more season
View Quote

The last season was a huge disappointment for me...having read all the books, they skipped A LOT of important plot points.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The last season was a huge disappointment for me...having read all the books, they skipped A LOT of important plot points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Game Of Throne series closer team apparently.  Not quite that bad... not quite.  They fucked up GoT series ending so bad I just dropped all interest.  But I could rewatch the Expanse.   Especially when AI gets to the point of being able to say "restart the Expanse series , and erase Naomi's image and audio from all scenes after season 2.   And her son too"
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Game Of Throne series closer team apparently.  Not quite that bad... not quite.  They fucked up that series ending so bad I just dropped all interst.  But I could rewatch the Expanse.   Especially when AI gets to the point of being able to say "restart the Expanse series , and erase Naomi's image and audio from all scenes after season 2.   And her son too"
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, the ending felt forced and way to quick. Great show otherwise, Best sci fi since Firefly.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So...you haven't spent a whole lot of time in Africa I guess?

People in places where being dumb will quickly kill you somehow make it to adulthood all the time...even though they are uneducated and often just plain dumb.
View Quote

No I haven't spent a lot of time in Africa. Or any time there.

It just seems to me that Belters would have massive incentive to be as intelligent as possible given that they are literally surrounded at all times by sophisticated equipment and they would probably have access to considerable educational resources.

Unless there's something somewhere I didn't read that said that the UN imposed restrictions on educating Belters akin to punishing people who taught slaves to read.

African cultures are the product of their environment combined with a variety of other factors. Better culture would be a product of it's environment and in my view that environment. With a completely different set of priorities compared to Africa or North America for that matter would probably produce very alien varieties of humans.

There's a few pretty serious plot holes in their reality like a lot of science fiction universes. One being that the United Nations seems to have been able to maintain an awful lot of power over the Belt despite practically everyone there hating their guts.

Also! Don't mix up your focus drugs and your party ??.

The Expanse: Interrogation scene but K. Lopez takes the wrong pill
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Naomi was fine until they ruined her in the last season
"I'm a hard as nails smart engineer until I randomly become a weepy bitch for four episodes to slow the plot."
View Quote

Better in the books, there was some of that but so much more also so it wasn't such a big deal.

She was hot in the show until she got that stupid tit tattoo
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"How about now, im free now" is the best line in in history
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"How about now, im free now" is the best line in in history

Amos had so many good lines and scenes in the books too.

"Yes, and our job is not to escalate that.  Put all this shit away.  Sidearms only.  Bring clothes and sundries for us, any spare medical supplies for the colony.  But that's it."

"Later," Amos said, "when you're wishing we had this stuff, I am going to be merciless in my mockery.  And then we'll die."

"We don't want to get in a gunfight," Holden warned Amos as they began moving again.

"Yeah," Amos said.  "But if we're in one anyways, it'll be nice to have guns."

From the short story The Churn that tells some of Amos's backstory:
There was a long second where the five thugs stared at the knife on the floor at Amos's feet, and he stared back at them. The emptiness in his belly was gone. The hollow space behind his sternum, gone. His throat had stopped hurting.

"Who's next?" he said, flexing his hands, his face in a grin he didn't know he had.

They came in a rush. Amos spread his arms and welcomed them like long-lost lovers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Amos had all the good quotes, except the button pushing quote
View Quote

Well except for Christine's.

She had some absolutely stellar lines.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It’s pretty awesome.  I think my favorite characters are Chrisjen Averasala and Amos Burton and the Roci.

ETA: Oh yeah, as someone posted below, Miller was awesome.
View Quote

Man, I saw the thread title and I thought “I’m jealous.  I’d love to re-watch the Expanse fresh again for the first time.”
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#47]
My wife gave me a ration of shit every time I watched it, with the intro.  She'd laugh and say "are you watching your Emo show again?   Listen to that intro!  Sheeiiitt".  And then walk out of the room mocking'-singing it...

Which pissed me off and made me laugh at the same time.   And then every time she'd enter the room it'd be a fucking Naomi scene.   *Sigh*

TBH - it was kinda EMO....    And Awesome!
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ask that in the Expanse subreddit.  Getting reported for hate speech is the least crazy thing to get back in reply.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

and completely abandoned the arc they started
needed two more seasons at least
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#50]
How much damage do you think I can do to you in two minutes? Because I'm guessing it's a lot.
Page / 3
Top Top