BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You ever wonder why it has to be like this?

Pain and suffering in this world. I know it’s going away at some point but why did God allow it. I guess I’ll find out one day.

So many others in worse shape than me. My heart breaks for them.

Some of my own relatives too.

He has blessed me in so many ways yet I have to endure this.

Did satan cause it my Illnesses?
View Quote

I'm not religious, and I'm certainly no religious scholar.
That said, in answer to your question, look at JOB.
Maybe its a test?
Maybe.
I dont know, but I hope your pain ends.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

In a manner of speaking, yes.

Satan introduced sin (corruption) into the world.

All the chaos, corruption, pain and suffering are the natural result.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pain and suffering in this world. I know it’s going away at some point but why did God allow it. I guess I’ll find out one day.

Screen name checks out!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Done. Take care.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Praying
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I hear you brother. It’s hard to have hope these days in any good left in the world. It’s isolating, scary, and depressing. But we have God, and we have each other. Prayers sent for you and yours.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent.

Quoted:
[/b]

View Quote

True. God will use evil, including pain and suffering, to our own good and those around us. I've wondered many times why God was letting something happen. I later realized it was those periods were I've grown the most as Christian.

As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.
Genesis 50:20
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:58:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Hang in there man. I've often asked the same question as I've fought a degenerative lung disease since i was born. Some were put on this earth to be an example of how to fight for others.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:00:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there, brother. More prayers sent.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:00:15 AM EDT
[#10]
The present suffering will seem trivial when He takes us into eternal rest and joy.

Prayers sent for you to receive strength to endure.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:05:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Sent.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:10:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The present suffering will seem trivial when He takes us into eternal rest and joy.

Prayers sent for you to receive strength to endure.
View Quote

Yes.

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.  --Paul
Romans 8:18
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:11:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Years ago I watched my mother-in-law slowly die from leukemia.  Near the end she said, “I know I have the faith to be healed, but now I think I also have the faith to not be healed.”  How much does our faith mean to God if it’s only there when he’s buying it?

Praying for you, brother.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:15:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is my take on things in this life. Combines what we as humans have been able to figure out about God's creation.

My soul is with God. I fuck up regularly. I don't harbor grudges, I forgive people and I dont generally become angry with people.

To the best of our knowledge, it is literally impossible due to quantum mechanics that any other thing that has ever existed, or will ever exist, to experience what your life is like.

You can look at it secularly or religiously; Your life, is your's alone. If you believe in God, He set you on something no one else will experience. If you don't believe in a higher power, well science indicates it's still your's and your's alone.

Whether it's good, bad or meh, you are not helpless. God gave humans, believers and heathens(you know the people that built that frakin Pyramids) the tools we need to make it through life.

I don't know what is going on in your life, but God didn't make you a helpless creature. He knows you and believes in you.

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Hang in there man
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:19:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Prayers sent
Hang in there brother, whatever it is will get better.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:19:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you would I would appreciate some prayers tonight for my physical and mental well being.

I’m having a rough night. I wish Jesus would return right now.
View Quote

Sent.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Prayers
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

@BlackRifle76
We are suffering through, sometimes more, sometimes less (occasionally having contentment and joy - enjoy and appreciate that when you get it) towards the day when Christ comes back and sets everything right, and not to lessen the things we go through one iota, but the after will make this before, even the worst of it, seem small ball (that doesn't mean we don't suffer greatly, it means what comes after creation is redeemed is going to be that much more awesome for those who have realized they can't earn God's favor at all and believe that Jesus did what was required to make them right with God.

If you have believed in Christ, these things are promised you (if you haven't, you're in a pickle, you can't get yourself out of it, and christ died to save all who would believe he  died for them) ... If you have believed that, than hang onto this: we don't deserve good things - good things are a GIFT.  If you go through life on the idea that you always deserve better, you'll go insane and never learn to be content with the actually good things in this life.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:32:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Got it!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Sometimes I feel like going home but there's a reason I here, although I don't know what it is, so I'll keep trying to do what's right and live my life in a way that would please God.
Feel Like Going Home (demo)

Praying for you BlackRifle76
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[/b]

View Quote

Nope.  We did that, see Romans Chapter 5, where Paul compares Christ and Adam, discussing how sin entered the world through one man, Adam, and through the gift of one man, Christ (who is truly God and truly man) much greater grace resulted.

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned- - Romans 5:12

That doesn’t mean you caused your problems by your sin - just that sin entered the world through the first man, Adam, and the consequences impact all of his children, humanity.  It also doesn’t mean Satan caused it - the consequences of humanity’s fall hurts all of us, and does so unequally, but as Christ is clear in the gospels, it does not do so based on sin, but unjustly due to the fallen world.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Isaiah 26:3-4

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 4) Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

Psalms 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

I understand, OP.  Sometimes, you wonder if God hates you BUT then you remember what He has done for you!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:50:18 AM EDT
[#26]
If you are in norf idaho you can join me over here, we will get a bonfire going or go for a night ride on the rzr.  

Dear Lord watch over us this night and give us strength while we are down, Give us wisdom to see through this darkness and forever shine your light upon us.
 WE ask this in Jesus name.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:52:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I haven't been praying nearly enough for a while, but I'll say one for you.

Also, if you can find a Christian therapist who you connect with, I would definitely recommend it, as someone who's been on both sides of the table.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:52:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Need to talk?

Sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:57:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Praying for you man
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:58:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Praying for you, OP.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:58:17 AM EDT
[#31]
As a long term survivor of a very serious cancer I understand how prolonged treatment can wear on a person.  

But I think that suffering is like pleasure insofar as it comes from things outside and separate from ourselves.  

Joy and grace come from within.  

Personally, I am at my 'best' when I am alone and suffering.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:04:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I’ll pray for you brotha!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:05:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Prayers for you brother!

“Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”
??Romans? ?5:3-4? ?NIV??
https://www.bible.com/111/rom.5.3-4.niv
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:09:44 AM EDT
[#34]
PSALM 23:2

...:He leadeth me beside still waters...

You know the Book, Chapter, and Verse.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I was awoken the other night by a sound, It sounded like rain on a tin roof. I am next to my window that i always keep open and I hear the sound of the cheap fan blowing on medium speed. It's 3 am
 As I lay there much like every other night awakened by whatever sound happens to bump in the night I begin to think about my Bronco, I have to go put a tarp over my seats. Shit!  Then I heard the sound of a can fall, like a beer can or a soda pop can, It must be windy. A warm breezy night with a little rain.
  I got up and threw some pants on and fumbled for my crocks...I gotta go out and cover my rig. But when I got outside there was no breeze,no rain. It was a skunk! A fucking little bastard skunk had been tearing through the garbage bags and had made a huge mess. Little bastard.
  I didn't want to startle the family awake so grabbing any number of weapons that surround me was not on the top of my list. But What? Shit, it's 3am and this asshole is making a huge mess.
Then I noticed the box on the outside patio table. It was the new shocks that came from UPS earlier for my truck. So I grabbed one and from the second story I waited for him to pop out...I took aim,...and bombs away!!!
  Knocked the shit for a loop, It was a direct hit on the noggin. I dropped it so it was like a topedo.  He Thanked me by spraying the side of my razor and stinking up my room just above.

OH SHIT!!!!!  He is back Right Now!!!!!!!!!   just heard the crumpling....stand by
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#36]
prayers for peace and strength
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:27:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was awoken the other night by a sound, It sounded like rain on a tin roof. I am next to my window that i always keep open and I hear the sound of the cheap fan blowing on medium speed. It's 3 am
 As I lay there much like every other night awakened by whatever sound happens to bump in the night I begin to think about my Bronco, I have to go put a tarp over my seats. Shit!  Then I heard the sound of a can fall, like a beer can or a soda pop can, It must be windy. A warm breezy night with a little rain.
  I got up and threw some pants on and fumbled for my crocks...I gotta go out and cover my rig. But when I got outside there was no breeze,no rain. It was a skunk! A fucking little bastard skunk had been tearing through the garbage bags and had made a huge mess. Little bastard.
  I didn't want to startle the family awake so grabbing any number of weapons that surround me was not on the top of my list. But What? Shit, it's 3am and this asshole is making a huge mess.
Then I noticed the box on the outside patio table. It was the new shocks that came from UPS earlier for my truck. So I grabbed one and from the second story I waited for him to pop out...I took aim,...and bombs away!!!
  Knocked the shit for a loop, It was a direct hit on the noggin. I dropped it so it was like a topedo.  He Thanked me by spraying the side of my razor and stinking up my room just above.

OH SHIT!!!!!  He is back Right Now!!!!!!!!!   just heard the crumpling....stand by
View Quote

Uhm......
It's entirely possible that you missed the plot of the thread.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:35:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Praying for you!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:36:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Another prayer sent your way.  I admire your having the courage to ask.  I’m too darn cowardly and proud to ever ask for help.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:43:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Hang in there friend.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:44:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Prayers up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Prayers for you brother.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Uhm......
It's entirely possible that you missed the plot of the thread.

And you could be right, I tend to miss alot of things I guess. I am not a self centered turd like most people that we meet. I tend to give more to others than I do for myself honestly.
 In this thread that BlackRifle started, he is actually not in a good way and I can fully relate. When I get there I really think best not to compound my thoughts with more of the same.
I can be very self destructive, more so than most. I am a fucking mess. And dealing with the massive helping of shit that seems to dish out endlessly by a world full of thoughtless fucks who can't for
one damn second walk in anyone else's shoes or give one courtesy is enough to put me well out over the edge. I distance myself. I can relate. If there was anything that I could possibly offer BlackRifle right now, I would do it.

Anyways, The skunk was indeed back.  He got popped with a healthy air rifle.  Tomorrow he gets the .410    If he would just go away and leave me alone then I would have no issue with him. Although he is a suspect at this time in the disappearance of a favored chicken. I still have no evidence.  I need a quality trail cam.

Sometimes shit seems really overwhelming. wish I could help.   just never quit!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:54:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you feel that you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, you are not alone.  I prayed for you, and for all of us.  More of us will need to stand up and help carry that weight.

The following Jordan Peterson speech answers this question in a way that resonates with me deeply: We suffer due to our awareness of our limitations, but these limitations are necessary for any of our choices to have meaning:
https://youtu.be/MLp7vWB0TeY

This lecture covers a lot of related topics.  The first two thirds mostly establish some insights about the first several stories of Genesis.  When you read deeply into them, they illustrate how the underlying motivation for evil comes from handling the problem of limitation and suffering in an improper, resentful, destructive, and hateful way.

Later on, he argues that we overestimate our moral goodness, and that the entire fate of the world depends on us improving ourselves in this area.  His argument is a bit broader and less explicitly Christian than this, but essentially, the answer is to follow Christ more closely and carefully.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Take every thought captive for Christ.  Rest in the Lord's peace. He didn't give us the spirit of fear.  Praying for you tonight.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:57:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Done.

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Thank you all I’m feeling better.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:41:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Prayer sent.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:47:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#50]
He will never leave you or forsake you.

He never allows more than you can bare.

Jesus came into this world to show us how it’s done.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top