Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Picked up a bottle of Stagg Jr.  126.4 proof.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is just my personal tastes:
Makers 46 is def better than standard Makers, but with a bit more spice.
BT is damn good for the price, but a step down from Blantons
Elijah Craig 12 is another really good for the price, but haven't seen an age stamped "12" in awhile, they all say "small batch" now.
Another vote for Double Oaked if you go Woodford, unless you don't care for the smoky oak flavor.
I never got into 4 Roses line, many love it, I just like others more.
Bulleit makes great Rye at a great price, but the Bourbon hits me as harsh/burn.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up on both the Bulleit and BT. I may try them both some time, but don’t think it will be my next purchase. Ive never been a huge Rye fan as most that I’ve tried have been fairly harsh. So I’m thinking the Woodford Double Oak will be the one I go in for. Unless I see something else that causes me to change my mind. I’ve been looking up a lot of different reviews and I for sure want to try the Double Oak WR, and the For Roses single barrel. There were two others (the names are escaping me right now) that I want to give a go as well.
However, Blantons has been pretty much the “Standard” I’ve heald all my other bourbons to. So far, none have come close. It’s the only one that I will actually crave the flavors from. I do need to also get another whiskey glass my Glencairn-style Glass got knocked to the for a while back and broke. So I’ve just been using a regular straight walled “Whiskey” glass I got for free from Fireball whiskey. (Let’s jist say, how little I drink and how full our liquor cabinet is with stuff I’ve bought just to try. My wife isn’t a fan of me buying new stuff lol, so she’d probably frown on the new glass purchase hahahaha)
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the stagg jr.  I love that stuff and think it's honestly pretty easy to drink for the proof.

I also think makers 46 is a huge improvement over standard makers.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked up a couple bottles today to try out!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Good choices!
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good choices!
View Quote
I couldn’t decide, so I got both! LoL

I wants some Elija Craig as well, but also a couple others I wanted to try they didn’t have.

*Edit*

So I just tied both. While I don’t have any tasting notes right now. I tasted both bottles tonight against Blanton's Single Barrel. I have to still say Blantons is Still my favorite. Between the two bottles initially, I think I liked the Woodford Double a little better than the four roses. The Four Roses had a little longer burn time. It was still good in its own way and I’ll give both another go soon. That was just my initial impression.

*Edit Edit*

Okay, so I went back and had a little more of each, and now, despite the longer burn time I think I like the Four Roses flavor profile I got this 2nd time. LoL I think I’m going to have to give them both more time for me to make my final decision on which one I like better. I still really enjoy my bottle of Blantons though. LoL
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

All I have is SR. I'm headed for the Kansas border

what didnt you like about the kavalan? I think it does taste "young" but their line up has a diversity to it few others do. Glenmorangie is the only other distiller that comes to mind
View Quote
It's been a while since I've had it again, but I just remember it tasting very medicinal.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 6:17:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top