Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
When they searched his car, they used his keyfob to unlock it and doing so caused the parking lights to flash.

Gotta get him on something...
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
"going armed in terror of the public"

Sounds like an old Jim Crow law.

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

McVey???

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"law enforcement lights"
anymore  I just file that with
"bomb making supplies"=a bottle of Drano and some foil
"hate literature "= a WWII history book
"Police radio/scanner"= Old ass bearcat that is useless now

fuck the press they couldn't do a story without breathless exaggeration if their life depended on it

+1

I'm surprised that they even included the fact that the suspect was never a danger to AF1. I'm sure after an indepth media blitz, he'll turn out to be a member of one of those white Nazi supremecist Tea party Hitler militias, and he even owns a (gasp!) automatic assault machine gun.

If he had at least two boxes of ammo in the car, that would make it an "arsenal."

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Since the article sucks we need more info.  If he was someone packing his handgun to fly then the charge is BS.  If he pulled out his gun and aimed it at AF1 and said "I'm gonna kill you oblamamama!" them maybe, and I do mean maybe he could be charged.

But I'm no expert and the article sucked.

BTW just flew last week with a handgun and it was a non issue other than screwing with the TSA at Sea-Tac.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

some people have strobes as part of their car alarms

As do Vol firefighters, EMS, and SKYWARN people in some areas.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#9]
breaking news: last time Obama was here I was twenty miles away packing a gun.  It was a keltec 380 which at that range could or could not have any relevance to Obama being within the state borders. A policeman saw me carrying it and thought "look at that bazooka, Id arrest him if he was 18 miles from the president but since he is 20 Ill just keep an eye on him"  The public and the police officer were so terrified of me they pretended not to give a shit that I had a gun and pretended that only a fucking retard would possibly connect my firearm with the president being somewhere at some given time out of the range of my firearm.

Thank god nobody noticed my right wing terrorist militia pro reagan anti obama stickers on my back window. Swat team would have had to be called in for that one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Former Line Service (airport ground guy for those that don't know) guy here.

In my direct experience with Secret Service, airports, and presidents/ex-presidents, if this guy was ANY threat they would have dealt with him.   Its the local LEO's on scene that act all high and mighty running around staring at you with a hand on their damn gun.  Trying to prove to the S.S. that they are some rockin barney badass that will gun you down if you don't comply with their screams.   The S.S. guys are cool as shit till its business time.  They'll even work with you a bit if you can point out flaws to their planning.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#11]
For the record, it was not  I
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Is that really a law?  WTF does it actually mean?
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Test run for a false flag attack on the US president coming to a state near you!

Prepare to turn over your guns.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Was there signs posted stating "The Pres is here, don't bring your guns?"

I don't know about NC, but in FL its legal to have a firearm at the airport 'common areas' like parking lot and even the non-secure areas (anywhere outside of the TSA metal detector gates)

We don't have open carry, but we still have the ability to carry them in that area. Seems to me that unless you have some warning that the Presidents plane is nearby, you can't be charged with any 'crimes' related to the proximity of it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a gun outside of Airforce One.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#16]
What Bob said!

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#17]
omg did he have a .... ba ...ba... banana clip too?
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Fox is saying he had "formulas for rifle scopes" on a note in his car.  Nothing about an actual rifle yet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#19]
soooo, what crime was commited here????

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVey???

Anyone else thinking he is a liberal plant to make it look like right wingers are violent racist cooks?

This is just WAY too convenient, and then to not be able to stick anything to him but some pure BS misdemeanor charge...
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
McVey is charged with going armed in terror of the public, a misdemeanor.

WTF - never heard of that one.  Did they just make that one up?
No, it's a real statute on the books here in NC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fox is saying he had "formulas for rifle scopes" on a note in his car.  Nothing about an actual rifle yet.

yeah, but those scary formulas are useless without a pencil and calculator.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's the police/government, are you really surprised they dug up a bullshit charge to stick to the guy?
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#24]
They have his picture up on foxnews, he looks creepy as fuck.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:02:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd maybe guess  a range card (distance card, Spotting card,  MIL conversion chart, ect) typically used in long distance shooting?
i guess it would be hard to describe if you had never seen one before.

Fox has a longer article and Pic's, no link necessary its front page stuff . . . .
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:35:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

breaking news: last time Obama was here I was twenty miles away packing a gun.  It was a keltec 380 which at that range could or could not have any relevance to Obama being within the state borders. A policeman saw me carrying it and thought "look at that bazooka, Id arrest him if he was 18 miles from the president but since he is 20 Ill just keep an eye on him"  The public and the police officer were so terrified of me they pretended not to give a shit that I had a gun and pretended that only a fucking retard would possibly connect my firearm with the president being somewhere at some given time out of the range of my firearm.

Thank god nobody noticed my right wing terrorist militia pro reagan anti obama stickers on my back window. Swat team would have had to be called in for that one.

Two years ago, almost to the day Obama was on the campaign trail and at the local high school - right across the street from me.  We didn't realize what was going on until we were driving past it with 4 AR's, a bolt action .308, 5 handguns, and an AK in the trunk.  Yeah, good day for a range trip.

"Oh shit second" doesn't even begin to describe it.

The traffic cop waved us through...
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
oh teh noes. he gots a gun!!

Exactly!  100K bail
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:38:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No - they made it up a long time ago
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:39:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
"Going armed in terror of the public?"

sounds like a "gotcha" NC law.

Also... is NC an open carry State? I'll bet it is. Or else they would have charged him with unlawful carry of a weapon or whatever NC's version of that is.

Yeah, NC is an open carry state.  

"Going armed in terror of the public" is the BS gotcha law in NC that people get charged with when they don't really have anything to charge them with.  I guess there could be appropriate uses of the charge, but it does get used as a gotcha catch-all.

That said, if the guy intended harm to the POTUS, I hope he gets put away.

Conversely, if he was an unlucky innocent, I hope it gets cleared up soon.

So I guess they'll call in the mind readers and let us know.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:41:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
how much you want to be it is a pellet gun.

5 Pmags.  It was a real gun IMO,

Takers?  IM me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Let's see.  Spotted in an airport parking lot, with a handgun, as Air Force One was departing?  Just how close was he to be a threat with a handgun?

Well in hollyweird . . . .
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Guilty of keeping and bearing arms in the first degree.

Reckless crawling/attempting to walk.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:45:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This story is full of WTF?

I find it hilarious that the board LEOs (God Bless them) never, ever, get into these threads and go "wtf?" even when it's obviously a blatant, bullshit, lets lock him up and then figure it out deal such as this.  Hell, I ALMOST would expect a few of the more liberty loving to at least say something like "well, with the info at hand it would appear that this is really bullshit, especially filing such a useless, catchall charge".  Says alot IMO.

Well thay could be waiting to get all the facts.  LE is funny like that . . . .
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"law enforcement lights"
anymore  I just file that with
"bomb making supplies"=a bottle of Drano and some foil
"hate literature "= a WWII history book
"Police radio/scanner"= Old ass bearcat that is useless now

fuck the press they couldn't do a story without breathless exaggeration if their life depended on it

+1

I'm surprised that they even included the fact that the suspect was never a danger to AF1. I'm sure after an indepth media blitz, he'll turn out to be a member of one of those white Nazi supremecist Tea party Hitler militias, and he even owns a (gasp!) automatic assault machine gun.

If he had at least two boxes of ammo in the car, that would make it an "arsenal."

We need to start submitting some hoax tips on these fuckers.  Teach them a lesson.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:49:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Since the article sucks we need more info.  If he was someone packing his handgun to fly then the charge is BS.  If he pulled out his gun and aimed it at AF1 and said "I'm gonna kill you oblamamama!" them maybe, and I do mean maybe he could be charged.

BTW just flew last week with a handgun and it was a non issue other than screwing with the TSA at Sea-Tac.  

The probablity of hitting any plane with a HG is NIL,  so no charge should stick EVEN IF he did that.

Now a .50 caliber - we all know they'll take down planes like RPGs
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:50:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As silly as it sounds - they actually would,  It would be funnt funny if it wasn't so sad.

E: noted above
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:51:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The probablity of hitting any plane with a HG is NIL,  so no charge should stick EVEN IF he did that.

DEaglez shoot da BMG, yo.

Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:52:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Former Line Service (airport ground guy for those that don't know) guy here.

In my direct experience with Secret Service, airports, and presidents/ex-presidents, if this guy was ANY threat they would have dealt with him.   Its the local LEO's on scene that act all high and mighty running around staring at you with a hand on their damn gun.  Trying to prove to the S.S. that they are some rockin barney badass that will gun you down if you don't comply with their screams.   The S.S. guys are cool as shit till its business time.  They'll even work with you a bit if you can point out flaws to their planning.  

Smart for SS  - they have a job to do,  Glad to hear the ego doesn't get in the way,
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:54:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So his DOPE card or like calculations were in his car so they were handy when they hit the range.

BTW - a lot of you'd make good defense lawyers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
soooo, what crime was commited here????

The one requiring 100K bond
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:56:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVey???

Anyone else thinking he is a liberal plant to make it look like right wingers are violent racist cooks?

This is just WAY too convenient, and then to not be able to stick anything to him but some pure BS misdemeanor charge...

Nah - but follow the story to be certain.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:56:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda scary sounding for a misdemeanor

ha..  try getting a "Interfering with government operations" ticket for taking photographs with a camera phone of 7 LEOs surrounding a drunk.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which have been classified as WOMD.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:57:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They have his picture up on foxnews, he looks creepy as fuck.

Prolly is . . . . IMHO
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVey???

Yes, in fact that was one of the first things that ran through my mind.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 2:01:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

DEaglez shoot da BMG, yo.  

Then he is GUILTY.  First we have the trial and then we hang' em
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 2:02:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

ha..  try getting a "Interfering with government operations" ticket for taking photographs with a camera of 7 LEOs surrounding a drunk.  

As long as you aren't in the way, that's 100% legal.  And they'll arrest you anyway
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 2:03:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVey???

Yes, in fact that was one of the first things that ran through my mind.

Nah - they aren't that smart
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So, terrorism is a misdemeanor now?
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

ha..  try getting a "Interfering with government operations" ticket for taking photographs with a camera of 7 LEOs surrounding a drunk.  

As long as you aren't in the way, that's 100% legal.  And they'll arrest you anyway

Yeah, you're right...  Wasn't in the way, it was on a public sidewalk, took 15 steps back when they told me to, people were walking on the sidewalk in between myself and the officers, and yet I was the one who gets arrested.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top