Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/12/2019 1:26:07 PM EDT
Sure, they kill enemy, but they're basically playing a video game.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they die with their weapon in their hand?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Only if they pilot a Raven.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe all drone pilots are actual pilots first. I know my BIL who was deployed to the stan twice, bombing the  hajis in his F-16, did a deployment to Creech.

He's worthy.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not a Valkyrie, I can't make that determination.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#5]
They can simulate entering Valhalla from a trailer....
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, they can get bronze stars and PTSD so....
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]
What, like if someone bombs their office?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#9]
For every BattleAxe swinging berserker, there were 20 Remfs providing logistics to make the Warrior life possible.   Did They get to go to Valhalla?

Did the wenches and thanes get to go?

I don’t know the mythology.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Same as an artillery or Missile crew
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I hold a part 107 uas license and am going to Heaven.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Is that the strip club outside of Creech?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Have to die in battle
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#14]
They can get in, but they probably won't be able to get on the golf course.  Would need a member.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have to die in battle
View Quote
So you’re saying there’s hope!  
They’ll be droning each other’s trailers within the next decade.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Why not? those tables in the great hall aren't gonna wait on themselves...
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#17]
So Field Artillery need not apply?

That's ok.  I intend to get into the Green Lands if at possible.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#18]
An interesting side note:  The response to an IFE, physiologically, is exactly the same whether flying an unmanned or manned aircraft.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Im pretty sure you gotta die in combat
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They can simulate entering Valhalla from a trailer....
View Quote
They can enter Valhalla, but only from a couple thousand miles away and looking into Valhalla through a monitor!
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Only if their monitor crashes.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a haphazard guess, but it wouldn't suprise me if UAVs took out more enemy fighters in oef/oif than all small arms combined.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#23]
What about BB stackers ?

Nobody's getting killed without ordnance
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For every BattleAxe swinging berserker, there were 20 Remfs providing logistics to make the Warrior life possible.   Did They get to go to Valhalla?

Did the wenches and thanes get to go?

I don’t know the mythology.
View Quote
Wenches yes, but there is a very limited number of openings for food servers and the like.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dying in battle would imply having a weapon in their hand, in direct contact with the enemy. It's the dying-in-battle part that's the requirement for admission. And possibly those that have been in that sort of battle and die of old age.

Having a heart attack from too much KFC in a container at an Air Force base, nope, doesn't qualify.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I should have written in the OP that I'm thinking in terms of their trailer getting hit by an enemy drone strike while they're striking enemies with their drones.  So, kinda?

But I guess this means that the thread, and poll, are fatally flawed.  Sigh.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Chosen by Odin, half of those who die in combat travel to Valhalla upon death, led by valkyries, while the other half go to the goddess Freyja's field Fólkvangr. In Valhalla, the dead warriors join the masses of those who have died in combat (known as the Einherjar) and various legendary Germanic heroes and kings, as they prepare to aid Odin during the events of Ragnarök.

So short answer... No
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Only if they have blue eyes.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Valhalla doesn’t exist.

And making the video game parallel is dumb.

Their actions still end human life. If anything, if ANYTHING I dare say it takes more nerve to be a drone pilot because of how detached it is.

Like.....two groups of humans in the same weather, on the same land, with similar risks at least have some form of kinship even if they are killing each other.

But slurping a coffee while shooting a Hellfire up someone’s ass is hardcore, cold blooded. Like no disrespect but I could not do that. Like emotionally it seems too much like playing God.

So they are better people than me

Jeffrey Epstein didn’t commit suicide
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#31]
How long before those things just pilot themselves?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#32]
MORSE MYTHOLOGY IS STUPID SPATAN MARKED BURIAL IS MORE PRACTICAL

you only get your name on the tombstone if

1. a woman who died in childbith

2. A man who died in combat

very simple - so , a female drone pilot could get a marked tombstone but not for flying a drone
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Same as an artillery or Missile crew
View Quote
I've always wondered how the "Drone pilots are inferior because they can't see their enemy or they're evil because they can't be sure it's the enemy" crowds feel about artillery guys who basically hear a number over the phone and then blow up the spot associated with that number.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Not just die in battle but you must be killed in/during an actual battle.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Valhalla doesn’t exist.

Their actions still end human life. If anything, if ANYTHING I dare say it takes more nerve to be a drone pilot because of how detached it is.

Like.....two groups of humans in the same weather, on the same land, with similar risks at least have some form of kinship even if they are killing each other.

But slurping a coffee while shooting a Hellfire up someone’s ass is hardcore, cold blooded. Like no disrespect but I could not do that. Like emotionally it seems too much like playing God.

View Quote
that is why only combat veterans with injuries or purple hearts should be allowed to fire the hellfiresoff the drones  WE have the busted up bodies & hard brains to kill the enemy & enjoy it.

just let me sit outside snd smoke camels call me in I come in push the button watch the boom , go back outside pick up still lit cig
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m just happy they let us wear flight suits like the real pilots
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
MORSE MYTHOLOGY IS STUPID SPATAN MARKED BURIAL IS MORE PRACTICAL

you only get your name on the tombstone if

1. a woman who died in childbith

2. A man who died in combat

very simple - so , a female drone pilot could get a marked tombstone but not for flying a drone
View Quote
Burials are not practical.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I believe all drone pilots are actual pilots first. I know my BIL who was deployed to the stan twice, bombing the  hajis in his F-16, did a deployment to Creech.

He's worthy.
View Quote
Airforce drone pilots are. Most army drone pilots are not - this is one of the reasons that the air force is so pissed about the army's drone program.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Valhalla doesn’t exist.

View Quote
Everything up to that last sentence is just stupid.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#40]
What valor in pushing a button hundreds or thousands of miles away?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Chosen by Odin, half of those who die in combat travel to Valhalla upon death, led by valkyries, while the other half go to the goddess Freyja's field Fólkvangr. In Valhalla, the dead warriors join the masses of those who have died in combat (known as the Einherjar) and various legendary Germanic heroes and kings, as they prepare to aid Odin during the events of Ragnarök.

So short answer... No
View Quote
Women who died a noble death also go to Fólkvangr. Valhalla is a sausage-fest...
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

that is why only combat veterans with injuries or purple hearts should be allowed to fire the hellfiresoff the drones  WE have the busted up bodies & hard brains to kill the enemy & enjoy it.

just let me sit outside snd smoke camels call me in I come in push the button watch the boom , go back outside pick up still lit cig
View Quote
Text message alert while you're out at Chipotle.  Ahmed Ahmed targeted. Press Y to confirm. Or swipe right.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Just happen to have an overwatch drone pilot and a 3rd group soldier here reading this with me and you would not believe their reaction.  Need not say anything else.  I do not believe a reply from either would answer that question.  MAGA
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just happen to have an overwatch drone pilot and a 3rd group soldier here reading this with me and you would not believe their reaction.  Need not say anything else.  I do not believe a reply from either would answer that question.  MAGA
View Quote
MQ-9 guy?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Valhalla doesn’t exist.
View Quote
You dont know that
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Of those who die in actual battle, Only the chosen slain go to valhalla.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Absolutely!

There is, however, a tiny catch.

To enter Valhalla a drone pilot and the sensor systems operator have to:

Ride on the drone into battle, just like the men of Germany's Sonderkommando "Elbe" and the Imperial Japanese Special Attack Units during WWII; and
Either do a controlled dive into the target; or
If there is sufficient explosives onboard, emulate this warrior:

[youtube]3edi2Wkr5YI?t=26[/youtube]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I like this line of thinking. They should for real make Terminators that play like Call of Duty and like give retired vets medical or otherwise to have a second chance at Charlie/Haji/Ivan. Shit allow smoking and blast Journey and Van Halen like the old arcades in the day.

Not a joke. We should do that
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You dont know that
View Quote
Yes I do
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes I do
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top