Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Back before cocaine's hay day in the 80's, at least around here, ether washed fish scale was everywhere - and if a guy knew a guy it was literally 'from jungle to you'.

but I digress
View Quote

"Fish scale" is the sorta pinkish flakey stuff and it's washed in ether? I know the fish scale is more desirable, but I didn't know it had anything to do with a particular solvent.

This thread makes me glad I never really did coke
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Legalize em both, let adults make their own decisions. Some will die. Some will fly.
View Quote

Cocaine was legal in the U.S. until 1914. Cocaine caused too much devastating addiction and mental health damage and nose bleeds.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But what will Colombia do?

View Quote

Import more hookers from Venezuela?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The government wants to cut out the Columbian Cartels.
View Quote

The only way that will happen, is if they cut them out the Pinochet way. Which happened in the 1970s in Chile.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That was my take on it.

I'm sure that Euros are in awe of the $12 fifths of Evan Williams when the visit here, just like any of us would boast about the $6 bottles of awesome local vodka in eastern Europe.

It's all relative.

Edit: how about those $11 bottles of Cuban Rum in Mexico? You're not getting anything remotely as good as that in the US under $25. It is what it is. It just so happens that Colombia and Peru make cocaine whereas we specialize in tobacco and whiskey
View Quote
I have always wondered if cubanos covet cuban cigars, or if they wished they had stuff from here. I know the russians would pay top dollar for levis, which i never understood; and that people at fast food places routinely swapped food with each other, which I understood completely LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cocaine was legal in the U.S. until 1914. Cocaine caused too much devastating addiction and mental health damage and nose bleeds.
View Quote

How long was it around before that?  Not talking about cocoa leaves and Aztekians chewing it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have always wondered if cubanos covet cuban cigars, or if they wished they had stuff from here. I know the russians would pay top dollar for levis, which i never understood; and that people at fast food places routinely swapped food with each other, which I understood completely LOL
View Quote

I saw a documentary about the first Mexican cartels. They would launder their drug money via truckloads of Levi's jeans Apparently they've marketed well to the point other countries consider them a luxury item. I had a Mexican national visit just 4-5 years ago asking me where was the best place to buy Levi's

I asked him: why do you want crummy pants?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Fish scale" is the sorta pinkish flakey stuff and it's washed in ether? I know the fish scale is more desirable, but I didn't know it had anything to do with a particular solvent.

This thread makes me glad I never really did coke
View Quote

If only Bill hadn't given Gene that compact chute for his birthday....eh?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wait till you realize how many alcoholics post in GD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad to see so many druggies on ARFCOM....

This will bleed over in to our country and infect more of us with the complacency of being addicted.

It’s Friday night, what are ya snorting
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bring back prohibition, solve dwi’s overnight
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Back before cocaine's hay day in the 80's, at least around here, ether washed fish scale was everywhere - and if a guy knew a guy it was literally 'from jungle to you'.

but I digress
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As long as they go back to refining with ether I am good with it.

but I digress

I read an article in micrograms the dea lab tech publication on how to purify cocaine. Apparently all it takes is turning it into either crack cocaine or freebase cocaine, then converting it back to cocaine hydrochloride with dilute hydrochloric acid.

All that stuff is easy to get. From the sounds of it freebase would be better than crack but either would purify it. Freebasing is what uses ether.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize em both, let adults make their own decisions. Some will die. Some will fly.

" Of all the nations of the world, the United States consumes most habit-forming drugs per capita. Opium, the most pernicious drug known to humanity, is surrounded, in this country, with far fewer safeguards than any other nation in Europe fences it with.. "it has been authoritatively stated that cocaine is often the direct incentive to the crime of rape by the negroes of the South and other sections of the country".  -Hamilton White

There wasn't a widespread problem with legal cocaine.  The regulation of cocaine was started as a racist thing, much like Michigan's pistol permit system.

ETA: I've never used cocaine, by the time I was old enough to consider it, it was cut with things like levamisole, and then opioids.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Columbia is the capital of South Carolina and the name of a space shuttle that disintegrated reentering earth’s atmosphere.  Colombia is a country in South America.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:20:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I hear the hotels in Cali and Cartagena are pretty nice....

Legal fish scale would be a pretty solid tourist magnet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hear the hotels in Cali, Cartagena, and Bogota are pretty nice....
View Quote

Ours in Bogota was nice.  Excellent service, too.  There is an area called Zona T that has some great restaurants and seemed safe, lots of night life.  The shoe shiners, fake jewelry sellers and pan handlers are pretty aggressive.  While waiting in Houston to board a flight, a Colombian native gave us advice to not wear any jewelry or talk on the cell phone in public.  Don’t take cabs or Ubers unless you request them, not ones just waiting around asking if you want a ride.  I guess it reduces the possibility of kidnappings.  Also, unlike Mexico, where I can get away with not speaking Spanish, English is extremely limited in Bogota.

Coco leaves are sold everywhere.  I guess people chew them for a “pick me up” like we drink energy drinks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:19:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cocaine used to be in Coca-Cola.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Eric Clapton - Cocaine ( HD )
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Im scared to do any current coke because of the shit is been cut with.... bring on the pure stuff!!!
View Quote

I'm scared to experiment with any form of coke primarily because I heard of regular people (not street people) getting hooked on it and having a rough time getting off it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There are parts of Columbia that are wooded jungles and roughly 70F year round. You could live in a tent and do blow everyday for like $150/month!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going, baby.  That's all there is to it.  I'm fucking going.

There are parts of Columbia that are wooded jungles and roughly 70F year round. You could live in a tent and do blow everyday for like $150/month!

Is that really true? Is it safe in that part?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry if the truth hurts, but the lack of unadulterated products from Colombia is one of the reasons why modern music sucks and has pretty much died. Just sayn.
View Quote

Is that really true?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One of the smartest guys I ever worked with (like genius level), said having sex while high on coke was unbeatable. I'll take his word for it.
View Quote

Sounds like it can lead to a heart attack.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#25]
What is more poisonous for humanity, cocaine, coal or oil?' Petro publicly queried before adding: 'The war on drugs has failed'

Well the war on coal and oil is going to be lost too but I like the way he used it to turn the knife.

I knew the war on drugs was lost when I went to the drug store to buy parapectalin. A anti diarrhea and vomiting med that had per the bottle a quarter gain of opium.

That stuff would stop the dry heaves or vomiting in its tracks. Similar to the nasty  but potent paregoric which was even more effective.

We could buy pot or anything else on the street but could not buy anti diarrheal meds without a prescription.

I’m sure that unadulterated Cocaine is safer than all the backyard meth and that scary ass fentanyl  that people are dying from by the thousands.

Cocaine should probably be legal the only reason it’s not legal is there is more money to be made if it’s illegal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Hmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I should travel to Columbia
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad to see so many druggies on ARFCOM....

This will bleed over in to our country and infect more of us with the complacency of being addicted.

Yeah I get that....
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He had his moments though...he built housing for the poor and blew up their government once
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he came back from the grave, he'd give it away for free, out of spite.  Pablo was not a nice fellow.

He had his moments though...he built housing for the poor and blew up their government once

Pablo was the equivalent to Stalin. Gave away to the poor not because he care, but to build his base of power.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Idk if it's safe, but there are absolutely areas that maintain an almost constant 70 degrees year round. My wife wants to buy a second house in Mexico, so I started reading about other countries...parts of Colombia looked pretty nice on Narcos...I discovered that there are indeed those temperate areas.

Regardless, it's Latin America. If you're white, you pretty much need to live in a gated ex pat community or downtown in the monied districts if you want safe.

If you wanna live in a tent and do coke all day, Id imagine that personal safety is NOT your primary concern
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Pablo was the equivalent to Stalin. Gave away to the poor not because he care, but to build his base of power.
View Quote

All mobsters do that stuff...I was just making a joke about him blowing up the government building as a community service
Edit: I think it was the national courthouse or something, though he blew up all sorts of shit. I think he hired some ex Palestinian bomb expert at one point...
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I saw a documentary about the first Mexican cartels. They would launder their drug money via truckloads of Levi's jeans Apparently they've marketed well to the point other countries consider them a luxury item. I had a Mexican national visit just 4-5 years ago asking me where was the best place to buy Levi's

I asked him: why do you want crummy pants?
View Quote

Holy shit.

I used to watch the Levis plane take off and land at Aguadilla, P.R. back in the early 80s.  The plane was flown by two guys right out of central casting- hawaiian shirts, raybans- no shit.

I thought years later they were Air America, but never considered they actually might be freighting real Levis.  I thought they were just transporting money/coke/whores/guns.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#32]
There are going to be a whole lot of tourists OD’ing or having heart attacks.

I know a bunch or people and had a bunch of friends who ruined their life with that shit, only a few with pills. More with booze though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Idk if it's safe, but there are absolutely areas that maintain an almost constant 70 degrees year round. My wife wants to buy a second house in Mexico, so I started reading about other countries...parts of Colombia looked pretty nice on Narcos...I discovered that there are indeed those temperate areas.

Regardless, it's Latin America. If you're white, you pretty much need to live in a gated ex pat community or downtown in the monied districts if you want safe.

If you wanna live in a tent and do coke all day, Id imagine that personal safety is NOT your primary concern
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@speedracer422

That's a bummer. I'd rather assimilate with the regular people there.

A person can't live in a tent there, do coke all day, and also be safe?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There are going to be a whole lot of tourists OD’ing or having heart attacks.

I know a bunch or people and had a bunch of friends who ruined their life with that shit, only a few with pills. More with booze though.
View Quote

Ruined their life due to money spent, harming their health, harming family relations, or all three?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@speedracer422

That's a bummer. I'd rather assimilate with the regular people there.

A person can't live in a tent there, do coke all day, and also be safe?
View Quote

Idk man. I'm sure you'd be perfectly safe in an indigenous town, right until the point you inadvertently disrespect the local brujo, or someone who desperately needs money decides to find out if you're worth anything to some gringos up north, or you get bit by an AIDS monkey
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top