heat gun
/thread
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here’s a fun exercise for everyone.
Next time you’re driving, take notice of how many people leave dealership stickers, badges and license plate frames on their car. It’s damn close to 99%
View Quote

I painted my plate frames black, and removed the sticker.  My dealership stopped giving me the free once a week customer car wash because I did that.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
When I purchased my last car I asked the salesman to please remove all dealer logos. The sales manager overheard me and made some obnoxious comment like "its not like its a giant billboard." I don't think he intended for me to near that and i looked at him like and he apologized. I almost walked out.

Get that shit off my car.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought a new truck yesterday.  When I got home I noticed that dealer logo was stuck on the tailgate.  It was also crooked.  I wish I would have noticed it before I drove off because I would have had some fun telling them that I wanted my money back and they could keep their vandalized car.

Today I got a phone call asking me if I was satisfied with my car buying experience.  I told the woman that I wasn't happy that they stuck a metal logo on the tailgate.  She then told that in her 9 years of working there, she has never had anyone complain about the logo.  

There are billions of things that annoy me, but I find it hard to believe that I'm the first person that has complained about having something stuck to the paint on their new vehicle.

Pulling with my fingernails and some dental floss got it off without too much trouble, it would have been easier with two people.
View Quote

noooooooooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here’s a fun exercise for everyone.
Next time you’re driving, take notice of how many people leave dealership stickers, badges and license plate frames on their car. It’s damn close to 99%
View Quote

Cause most people dont give a crap about it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I worked for a Chevy dealer once that had a less  than stellar reputation with both the car buying public and the employees. I was driving a Pontiac at the time (1973) the tail end of the muscle car era. My car was a muscle car and had a license plate frame on it from,the premier Pontiac performance dealer at one time, Royal Pontiac. Despite their being out of business at the time the license frames were sought after.

So on the way to work one morning the rear axle started making noise, bad pinion bearing. A friend and I would switch off driving, he was a mechanic and I was in parts. So he took it into the shop and tore it down to replace the bearings. About the same time this went down there was a new car Porter, a real little weasel and smart ass. He came into parts and grabbed a box of license plate frames and headed for the shop.

Maybe a half hour later my friend calls over the squawk box “You better come out here now”. So I take off out there thinking the car has a bigger problem than we originally thought. As I get there I see my Royal frame is gone and one of the Chevy dealer frames is now on it. I’m not too happy at this point. I said “Where’s that kid at?” as he came out of the shop’s washroom.

I calmly said “Please put my Royal frame back on” to which he replied in a pissy voice “Mister (insert dealer name) said to put frames on every car in the shop” I said in a slightly agitated voice “It’s not his car, put it back on”. Well this went south very rapidly. His response of “I was told to do this and I’m not putting it back on!!” More words were exchanged, now I’m getting more pissed. He turns to walk away and I grabbed his arm and implied that it would be best for him to comply. I shoved him towards the trash can on wheels that the other removed frames were dumped. He dug my frame out, I literally stood directly behind him until he changed the frames.

When he finished I said “Give me that frame”, the one he just took off. He handed it to me, I took it and snapped it in half, handed it back to him him and said “Tell Mr. (dealer) to,shove this up his ass”.  I figured I’d get some shit over that but never heard a peep from,either,the service manager or those above him.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ordered a truck from ford. When it came in, I went to pick it up and refused to take "delivery" of it because they put their license plate brackets on the front and back, plus stuck a giant logo on the bumper.

I said take it off or pay me $350 a month to advertise for you.

They took it off. When they brought the truck back there was a distinct oval where they peeled the logo off. I told them that was unacceptable for a brand new vehicle, so they had their bodyshop guys buff it out.

Might be too late for you, since you drove it off the lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I ordered a truck from ford. When it came in, I went to pick it up and refused to take "delivery" of it because they put their license plate brackets on the front and back, plus stuck a giant logo on the bumper.

I said take it off or pay me $350 a month to advertise for you.

They took it off. When they brought the truck back there was a distinct oval where they peeled the logo off. I told them that was unacceptable for a brand new vehicle, so they had their bodyshop guys buff it out.

Might be too late for you, since you drove it off the lot.
Quoted:
My parents talk about a car they special ordered straight from the manufacturer with the dealer only doing delivery. Said dealer drilled holes in the tailgate to install their badge. Parents refused delivery and had manufacturer send another vehicle.

JFC if I ordered a truck from the factory and a dealer did that I would be fucking livid.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Weak rant

I still have the dealership emblem on my '69 Camaro. The dealership is still there but another name now.
View Quote
That's nice.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Cause most people dont give a crap about it.
View Quote
 They cover a bit of the stickers on VA plates.  So I remove them.  No reason to drive around with a pretext stop available to every cop in the state.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't see those here in California unless it's an out of state vehicle. Perhaps dealers are not allowed to stick any advertisements except license plate frames here?

Unless I get paid to advertise for them, it all comes off.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

JFC if I ordered a truck from the factory and a dealer did that I would be fucking livid.
View Quote

Yep!  FUCK YOU JOHN LANCE FORD!  For many reasons, I am glad they no longer exist!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
dental floss
heat gun
/thread
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]
My mom worked at a dealership and had a couple of stories of people ready to go drive their new car home only to see a tech sticking the logo on there and then telling them to keep it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I have never had a new or newer used car with a dealer tag on it when I got it. License plate holder frames only. I would just take them off and paint them black to cover the obnoxious white lettering and put them back on.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
it's just stuck on with some 3M tape.
View Quote

Some of that 3M tape could hold Godzilla to the floor.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dealer applied badges and license plate sorrounds/brackets are disgusting and are to be removed before I take delivery.
View Quote

Ever seent a Porsche or Mercedes with dealer logo emblems?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Dealer badges aren’t really a thing in Southern California. I see a few CarMax tags but almost every car around here is free of advertising. People are able to keep their cars super clean here because of the good weather. Not much rust, dirt, etc…
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#19]
FPNI.   Debadged my truck in the first week.

Which, is something you can't really do nowadays with all the mfgs stamping the sheet metal.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dealer applied badges and license plate sorrounds/brackets are disgusting and are to be removed before I take delivery.

I see ones with "Carmax" on them all the time!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#21]
The GD retard gene is strong in this thread.

The OP says he removed it in his first post. GD retards go on to tell him how to remove it.

OP posts a second time advising everyone who missed it the first time that he removed. GD super retards keep telling him how to remove it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When I purchased my last car I asked the salesman to please remove all dealer logos. The sales manager overheard me and made some obnoxious comment like "its not like its a giant billboard." I don't think he intended for me to near that and i looked at him like and he apologized. I almost walked out.

Get that shit off my car.
View Quote

He couldn't afford my ad fees for driving a billboard around town with his name on it
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#23]
It is actually one of my conditions when buying a new vehicle that there is no dealer logo on it. I've gotten some mega eye rolls on that one. My explanation is that I will agree to be a rolling billboard for the dealer for an additional $100/month reduction in payments. They just remove it of course, sparing me the trouble.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A hair dryer and its off in a couple of minutes.

Of all the stuff to get your panties in a twist over.
View Quote

Yeah, heat is the answer for anything adhesive.  It works wayyyy better than sawing away with fishing line or picking with your fingers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.   Completely gross.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow...either you're 3, or you've never purchased a car before? Seriously, that's pretty normal and has been since like the start of the automotive sales experience in the world. How are you only now finding out that dealerships do this?

Have you never driven on a public road behind a car before? If you have, you'd have seen this before.

Did you not notice the other cars that were sold from this dealer with a similar placard placed on the rear of their vehicles? Including the shit on their lot?

Of all the shit to get twisted over...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a new truck yesterday.  When I got home I noticed that dealer logo was stuck on the tailgate.  It was also crooked.  I wish I would have noticed it before I drove off because I would have had some fun telling them that I wanted my money back and they could keep their vandalized car.

Today I got a phone call asking me if I was satisfied with my car buying experience.  I told the woman that I wasn't happy that they stuck a metal logo on the tailgate.  She then told that in her 9 years of working there, she has never had anyone complain about the logo.  

There are billions of things that annoy me, but I find it hard to believe that I'm the first person that has complained about having something stuck to the paint on their new vehicle.

Pulling with my fingernails and some dental floss got it off without too much trouble, it would have been easier with two people.

Wow...either you're 3, or you've never purchased a car before? Seriously, that's pretty normal and has been since like the start of the automotive sales experience in the world. How are you only now finding out that dealerships do this?

Have you never driven on a public road behind a car before? If you have, you'd have seen this before.

Did you not notice the other cars that were sold from this dealer with a similar placard placed on the rear of their vehicles? Including the shit on their lot?

Talk about getting twisted.

What kind of low-rent dealer needs to force their shitty brand on their customers?  That's an immediate red flag.

I've bought 6 vehicles from dealers and not a single one glued any of their shit to the vehicles.  The license plate holders all got removed and tosed in the trash when the license plates were put on the cars.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet your fun at parties.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#28]
When I ordered my 2015 Mustang I told them under no circumstances are they to put a dealer logo anywhere on it. They didn’t.  

OP, just be glad they weren’t like the old metal chrome logos from the ‘60’s and early ‘70’s.  They were rivet on.  Yep, two holes drilled and riveted.  
Some guys restoring cars are actually putting these old school logos back on their cars. You can buy reproduction Tasca Ford and a few others.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. I tell them to remove the badging before I pick up the car.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah not cool.  No stickers or logos and do not put a license plate bracket on the front.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#31]
The day I bring a car home, I remove the dealership stickers and license plate frame.

Here in SC, if they put a plate on the front I won’t buy the car.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I specified in the contract that no dealer advertising other than license plate frames were to be affixed to my vehicle.

View Quote

This is the way.

When we got our Outback, at a dealership in CO, they tried to sell us one with Eyesight (forward camera, auto braking, adaptive cruise, etc).  I said to my wife in front of the salesman, "If you need to plow through a bunch of BLM protesters I don't want the fucking car telling you you can't."  The kid tried so hard not to laugh, wife just gave me a wife look.  We don't have Eyesight.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Heat gun and fishing string, pretty simple to remove.
View Quote

This. Twisting the fishing line to slowly tighten around works well, after some light heat.

I fucking hate those things, and I also toss the dealer ad license plate frame right away too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Leave it on and write or paint the word “SUCKS” underneath it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Bet the same tards with the "I'll charge you for advertising" are the same people saying they should be paid as employees if they use the self checkout somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#37]
So you actually get a good enough of a deal on a vehicle that you go ahead and buy it.  But yet you won't help others looking for a good deal too?
Nice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Learned after my first new car to tell them no plates or stickers, only license plate frames which I take off as soon as I get home.
I also make sure to tell them multiple times no plates or stickers.
They used to drill holes in the trunk to attach their name many moons ago.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Plus if you expire let's say May 31st, if you do it June 1st you get a free month.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#40]
About a decade ago I bought a new Tacoma TRD Off-road. Had to be ordered and made it clear that if on delivery day it had any dealer emblems or decals on the paint I’d refuse it. Dealer understood the assignment and put a window decal on the back window and that was it. Out of respect for them honoring the agreement I waited a whole 24 hours before scraping it off.

Know a dentist who took delivery of a Porsche GT3  RS and the dealer had put a decal right on the rear bumper. He still hasn’t removed it and it blows my mind that they’d stick a decal on something that expensive and that he wouldn’t care.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Vandalism!

You’ll call that vandalism, but I bet you’re cool with them drilling holes in front bumpers to install front license plates.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#42]
I bet OP still writes checks at the grocery store.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I did remove it.  My problem is that it was there in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This it's not like they used J B WELD  OP

You can remove it

I did remove it.  My problem is that it was there in the first place.

Apparently that’s hard for these people to figure out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I've dealt with those before. I know that I'm fussier than 90% of car buyers, but that would be pretty low on my list of things to be "that guy" about.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#45]
When buying my last vehicle I made it very clear when it arrived on their lot not to put their logo/sticker on it. I'm not advertising for them.

They didn't put it on.

For the vehicle prior to this one they didn't listen and put it on. I made them remove it be accepting the vehicle.

They're so fucking tacky I can't stand it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#46]
oh no the dealer put sticker on their car, which they sold to you.

Might as well total loss the car now
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#47]
My sales guy ripped mine off the car and stuck it on an adjacent light pole that was adorned with them as he handed me the keys in the parking lot stating “you don’t need this on there, I hate these things.”

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
oh no the dealer put sticker on their car, which they sold to you.

Might as well total loss the car now
View Quote
Do you put the stickers on?

More like the vehicle I purchased from them. Them selling it to me doesn't make them special.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can see being pissed if it was fresh off the truck and you told them upfront you didn't want a dealer sticker on it.
View Quote

I think I'd be at least as upset about it being crooked.  And, frankly, so should the dealer, since that's sending a message about the care they take when working on cars ... and not a good one.

That said, I don't like providing free advertising either.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
dental floss
heat gun
/thread
View Quote
This is how I debadged my Audi A6. Then had to buff the shit out of the paint. That german paint must be impregnated with Tiger tank armor!
Page / 4
Top Top