BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 topic:
How the government knows whats good for you to ingest, but not to own(firearms)
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then MJ should be un-banned?

Current status should be maintained?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, are you saying alcohol should be banned?

By your logic duh, herp derp.
Troll harder

Then MJ should be un-banned?

Current status should be maintained?

Legalize marijuana, keep meth and all the hard drugs illegal. Quite simple really.
For some so called freedom loving conservatives it's seems to be a difficult concept to grasp, why?
My guess is as good as the next guys...
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wonder how many white women were raped..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh shit! Oh shit! His daughter smoked ONE WHOLE JOINT!
Wonder how many white women were raped..

87 duh...
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[
Marijuana is a gateway drug by two mechanisms. One, increased at risk behavior while under the influence (just like with alcohol). Two exposure to other drugs while purchasing/using marijuana.

That you haven't seen an OUI involving drugs is shocking. It's rare that I investigate a DUI that doesn't involve drugs. its usually a combo of alcohol, marijuana and Rx meds. 1:3 teens right now are prescribed Rx drugs that may impair driving. I don't even want to know how many people are prescribed daily Xanax, Valium, narcotic pain killers, Ambien yet continue to drive. Or worse they take those with alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, meth, heroin and continue to drive.
View Quote

Probably as many people on gov approved drugs as there are on illegal drugs.

I had to tow a dumbass 3 times in 6 months a few years back-driving with prescription drugs.Never killed anybody,but was a pain in the ass because he didn't even know where he was at the time.OD'd twice-second time didn't make it.No illegal drugs.

Middle of farm country heremso alcohol is the favored drug.Pretty much know who the local potheads are,but they never bother anyone.I'm sure CA is way different.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Page 2 topic:
How the government knows whats good for you to ingest, but not to own(firearms)
View Quote

The gov is like your Mom and Dad and you are the child.They absolutely know what's best for you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The wind is changing direction, so McCain is changing his opinion. Don't worry he be for legalization right up until he isn't. Blind squirrel/nut etc

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck John McCain with a broken clock.
View Quote

Preferably the stand-up kind that the cuckoo pops out of.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No I think he's saying we allow alcohol why not MJ. I agree with him in that alcohol kills more people than the dumb stoners.

I personally don't smoke it and think it makes people stupid. People that I know that smoke it are all conspiracy theorists that constantly think the government is coming for them. I honestly think people working for the Fed would love nothing better than everyone be stoned. They I believe are the dumb bastards that the Fed lives off of.

Savage has said many times this is the plan to dumb down America, looks like it's working.

Conspiracy theorists you say? Sounds like half of GD

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a lot of sensible stuff comes out of McCain's mouth.  Guess lighting struck.

FPNI.

Alcohol is *FAR* more damaging than Marijuana could ever be. Having arrested numerous people for both MJ and Alcohol related crimes, I've never, not once, had to pull a dead family out of a minivan that got head-on at 60 MPH by someone that was stoned. Truth be told, I'd be surprised if someone were capable of going over twenty MPH without freaking out if they were stoned.

Drive drunk and you're fucking dangerous to everyone around you. Get stoned and drive and McDonalds and the Funyuns truck are threatened by you.

So, are you saying alcohol should be banned?

No I think he's saying we allow alcohol why not MJ. I agree with him in that alcohol kills more people than the dumb stoners.

I personally don't smoke it and think it makes people stupid. People that I know that smoke it are all conspiracy theorists that constantly think the government is coming for them. I honestly think people working for the Fed would love nothing better than everyone be stoned. They I believe are the dumb bastards that the Fed lives off of.

Savage has said many times this is the plan to dumb down America, looks like it's working.

Conspiracy theorists you say? Sounds like half of GD

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
See if I got this right. McLame says maybe we should legalize pot, therefore according to you, he is a drug addict. You don't mention any evidence that he is some kind of drug abuser, so I can only assume that he is a drug addict in your mind because he does not agree with you.

Perhaps you have some other proofs you can post so I can see it otherwise.
View Quote

What the hell are you talking about?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Marijuana is a gateway drug by two mechanisms. One, increased at risk behavior while under the influence (just like with alcohol). Two exposure to other drugs while purchasing/using marijuana.

That you haven't seen an OUI involving drugs is shocking. It's rare that I investigate a DUI that doesn't involve drugs. its usually a combo of alcohol, marijuana and Rx meds. 1:3 teens right now are prescribed Rx drugs that may impair driving. I don't even want to know how many people are prescribed daily Xanax, Valium, narcotic pain killers, Ambien yet continue to drive. Or worse they take those with alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, meth, heroin and continue to drive.
View Quote

Reason number two completely goes away with legalized MJ.  Furthermore I would speculate that more people would stay off the harder drugs since there is no longer just as much personal risk as there is for getting harder stuff.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not by a long shot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Libertarian?
Not by a long shot.

He also believes in queer marriage.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Reason number two completely goes away with legalized MJ.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reason number two completely goes away with legalized MJ.  

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
His lame attempt to connect with the fsa.
View Quote

this..he's pandering
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Libertarian?
Not by a long shot.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

FPNI.

Alcohol is *FAR* more damaging than Marijuana could ever be. Having arrested numerous people for both MJ and Alcohol related crimes, I've never, not once, had to pull a dead family out of a minivan that got head-on at 60 MPH by someone that was stoned. Truth be told, I'd be surprised if someone were capable of going over twenty MPH without freaking out if they were stoned.

Drive drunk and you're fucking dangerous to everyone around you. Get stoned and drive and McDonalds and the Funyuns truck are threatened by you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a lot of sensible stuff comes out of McCain's mouth.  Guess lighting struck.

FPNI.

drinking and driving isn't a real crime according to Libertarians.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Your point was that we were spending more with no results ...

You don't need the graph to disagree with the law ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We should just keep spending countless billions on the highly successful War On Drugs.

It's very profitable and guarantees jobs for lots of people on both sides of the law.

And we are soooooooo close to winning too!
Note-you may have to roatate the graph to achieve the results you want.

http://imageshack.us/a/img593/9043/svof.jpg

Stupid logic ...

by that reasoning we should legalize murder also ...

How does murder even compare???

Killing someone has exactlty what to do with what you decide to do with your own body?

Your point was that we were spending more with no results ...

You don't need the graph to disagree with the law ...

The whole point of spending money on a "war on drugs" is presumably to prevent people from using drugs. So when that doesn't work, sensible people stop and ask themselves: should we really be doing this?

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The problem is people "get both."  So when you imply you've never investigated a fatal collision involving marijuana impairement I wonder if you are just inexperianced or worse.
View Quote

Oh they do, do they?

I've never nailed anyone for being both drunk *AND* high in a fatality behind the wheel. Hell, I've never actually seen that in practice. In my experience, it's either one or the other and I've never actually seen with my own eyes a fatality that MJ was the specific cause of the accident. If you've worked one, by all means, post what you saw, and what the medical people told you, and case outcome because I'd love to hear it.

Your use of that logicbomb as a reason to keep the status quo is laughable at best. By that same logic, you shouldn't have a gun because people drink and shoot all the time and tend to do stupid shit, so it's the "Get Both" argument.

Now if you want to make the argument that weed is what caused an accident, you're going to have to do better than that. Upwards of twenty days after someone smoked MJ they can get nailed DUI if they got into an accident and their blood test (And there *WILL* be a blood test) comes back positive. Did the residual THC in their bloodstream cause the accident or just that they made a mistake? As it stands at the moment they're studying how much THC in the blood will be the legal limit, but at this time there's no set standard aside from zero tolerance.

Furthermore, even if they were actually stoned during the operation of the motor vehicle, they're still driving better than someone that's drunk.

And lastly, the numbers simply don't back up anything you're insinuating. Last time I checked there are just about as many potheads as there are drinkers, yet the proportion of DUI fatalities attributed directly to alcohol is a thousand times of that to accidents attributable to MJ.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPNI.

Well, like the broken clock being right twice a day, it works both ways.

They're WRONG about DUI.

If I had it my way, you get nailed DUI alcohol, you go down for attempted murder first offense, no parole, maximum sentence. Just my opinion. Flame away.

I got out of LE because I got tired of picking shattered children out of minivans that the piece of shit that killed them walked away from and got a light sentence. Well that and I got tired of getting exposed to TB (TB is ENDEMIC to the Somali population of Minneapolis as are bedbugs) and the job I have now pays significantly better, I don't have to wear armor, the benefits are better, and I don't have to get between domestics.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Libertarian?
View Quote

Maybe by your retarded definition, but not by any accurate one.

Not by a long shot.

McCain loves him some big government.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Umm...no.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
See if I got this right. McLame says maybe we should legalize pot, therefore according to you, he is a drug addict. You don't mention any evidence that he is some kind of drug abuser, so I can only assume that he is a drug addict in your mind because he does not agree with you.

Maybe because the thread title is "Doper" John McCain?

Seems anybody that is for decriminalizing a plant is automatically a doper,right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I've tried pot a few times. Didn't really like the feeling, it makes you lose your sense of reality and I hate that. The last 2 times I did it I started getting panic attacks (that made me feel closer to death than I've ever been before) so I quit.

But for the life of me I don't see a reason it should be illegal. Alcohol is far worse.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Same Arfcom pot thread, different day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Seems anybody that is for decriminalizing a plant is automatically a doper,right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ever hear of sarcasm?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

In between his Zero Cock Sucking, his support for Amnesty, his love for government regulation and making deals, his love for the Muslims Brotherhood, his desire to help start another War,  how would anyone find anything about McCain to admire.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did I make it in before all the dopers start sucking on McCains Cock?

View Quote

The statists* were sucking his cock before this.  It's an outreach.

*we're not supposed to call BS on control freaks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess not.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top