RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP thinks positive thinking wins elections.

First, I've yet to see anyone on this board say they will stay home or vote for Hillary because they don't like Trump. Trump supporters keep implying that the board is full of these folks, but I've yet to see one. This is an example of the imaginary world die-hard Trump supporters inhabit.

Second, people who think Trump is likely to lose (like me) think that way because of the effect of recent demographic changes on the electoral college, not because of polls. If you acknowledge reality, you understood from day one that Trump has always had to draw an inside straight to win the presidency. The presidential race is not the place to get behind long-shot candidates. Like it or not, reality says the presidency is now won with middle of the road voters in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. Trump supporters blaming the polls, the media, and other likely Trump votes for the effect of demographic and systemic facts on Trump's chances is another example of their denial of reality.

And before you say, "well McCain and Romney lost, so that proves middle-of-the-road candidates can't win," McCain's and Romney's losses do not prove that. George W. Bush and his father before him were middle-of-the-road candidates. Reagan, who was elected 32 years ago, was the last semi-conservative president. Even he was big-government. The demographics of the electoral college have changed dramatically over those 32 years. Indeed, the voters who will decide this election weren't even old enough to vote then. McCain's and Romney's losses show nothing more than how far behind Republicans start in presidential elections now. Any Republican is a long-shot. Supporting presidential candidates that only appeal to the base in states the Republicans will anyway just doesn't make any sense.

In short, if Trump gets destroyed in the election don't blame the majority of Republican primary voters who voted against him.
PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

Those seven posters are SO powerful, that they can be responsible for Trump winning or losing the election?

Maybe you should have sent them flowers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First, I've yet to see anyone on this board say they will stay home or vote for Hillary because they don't like Trump. Trump supporters keep implying that the board is full of these folks, but I've yet to see one. This is an example of the imaginary world die-hard Trump supporters inhabit.

Second, people who think Trump is likely to lose (like me) think that way because of the effect of recent demographic changes on the electoral college, not because of polls. If you acknowledge reality, you understood from day one that Trump has always had to draw an inside straight to win the presidency. The presidential race is not the place to get behind long-shot candidates. Like it or not, reality says the presidency is now won with middle of the road voters in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. Trump supporters blaming the polls, the media, and other likely Trump votes for the effect of demographic and systemic facts on Trump's chances is another example of their denial of reality.

And before you say, "well McCain and Romney lost, so that proves middle-of-the-road candidates can't win," McCain's and Romney's losses do not prove that. George W. Bush and his father before him were middle-of-the-road candidates. Reagan, who was elected 32 years ago, was the last semi-conservative president. Even he was big-government. The demographics of the electoral college have changed dramatically over those 32 years. Indeed, the voters who will decide this election weren't even old enough to vote then. McCain's and Romney's losses show nothing more than how far behind Republicans start in presidential elections now. Any Republican is a long-shot. Supporting presidential candidates that only appeal to the base in states the Republicans will anyway just doesn't make any sense.

In short, if Trump gets destroyed in the election don't blame the majority of Republican primary voters who voted against him.
PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

my feelz are hurt
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not a political campaign manager
View Quote

This is not a surprise.

It's also not a surprise that you missed the little nugget which explains much of what Trump has been doing.

That there is a strategy which motivates his actions is now not in doubt.
Whether it is a winning strategy remains to be seen.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's exactly who i would blame

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

my feelz are hurt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

my feelz are hurt

Aw I'm disappointed I didn't make the list
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unsurprisingly, we're on the same side of things when it comes to gun rights. and I salute you for the good work you're doing.  

But once again, your OP is all about how defeatist are hurting Trumps chance in November....but you remain silent about what you're doing to help Trump in November other than voting and this whiny thread.

So.....maybe reevaluate how much weight you put on dumb comments online and consider getting out and doing something other than finding people to blame if he loses?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm also an NRA life member, teach new shooters (not monthly though), am a member of my state's most effective gun rights group, and have converted a number of previously anti-gun people to the 2A side.  I've been an active part of this world for 22 years so you can stow that keyboard commando language.  But honestly, all that crap is in the past and little is going to matter in November.  Voting matters.  If your participation in this effort consists of making declaratory statements on the internet that you're not voting for Trump, you're the target of my OP.  

Unsurprisingly, we're on the same side of things when it comes to gun rights. and I salute you for the good work you're doing.  

But once again, your OP is all about how defeatist are hurting Trumps chance in November....but you remain silent about what you're doing to help Trump in November other than voting and this whiny thread.

So.....maybe reevaluate how much weight you put on dumb comments online and consider getting out and doing something other than finding people to blame if he loses?

I'm not focused on or thinking about what will happen the day after the election.  Although if Hillary wins I'll probably take a long, possibly permanent vacation from this site and the internet as a whole...I'll definitely be using my spare time to increase the productivity of my garden.  But now, these last few weeks are crucial, and what you see as whining I see as a gentle reminder that it would be nice if we could unite as much as the progressives do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is not a surprise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a political campaign manager

This is not a surprise.

It doesn't take a professional campaign manager to know that engaging in Twitter wars with journalists is a bad idea.

It's also not a surprise that you missed the little nugget which explains much of what Trump has been doing.

That there is a strategy which motivates his actions is now not in doubt.
Whether it is a winning strategy remains to be seen.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Guaranteed.
View Quote

If Trump loses, you can be certain that the people who run the Republican party will have their mouthpieces blame that loss on people whom they wish to marginalize.
Your hero will be one of those people. For a taste of what would happen to him, see the open letter published by former Cruz donor and supporter Robert Mercer.

The remnants of the "TEA party" will also be among those who get blamed as well.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth which will follow those attacks will be deafening.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not focused on or thinking about what will happen the day after the election.  Although if Hillary wins I'll probably take a long, possibly permanent vacation from this site and the internet as a whole...I'll definitely be using my spare time to increase the productivity of my garden.  But now, these last few weeks are crucial, and what you see as whining I see as a gentle reminder that it would be nice if we could unite as much as the progressives do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm also an NRA life member, teach new shooters (not monthly though), am a member of my state's most effective gun rights group, and have converted a number of previously anti-gun people to the 2A side.  I've been an active part of this world for 22 years so you can stow that keyboard commando language.  But honestly, all that crap is in the past and little is going to matter in November.  Voting matters.  If your participation in this effort consists of making declaratory statements on the internet that you're not voting for Trump, you're the target of my OP.  

My point is that you're focusing on placing blame on fellow gun owners on AR15.com instead of doing anything to help your guy win...which is a gigantic waste of time.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

my feelz are hurt
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PA452 Munsen

Sydney1629

Forker

Top Secret

RarestRX

Badfish1969

Polymorphous

my feelz are hurt
I was just recalling names off the top of my head.

Lists are bad and I don't want to get banned.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's up to the Trump campaign to unify the mess they made, not anyone else.

Every other campaign I've ever seen has done it, so it's not like this is unprecedented. It starts with not flipping the bird and not holding a grudge against everyone who wasn't 100% with you from the start.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk about defeatism. Most of Trump's ardent supporters on this board have just retreated into excuse making. It's the #nevertrumpers, it's the media, it's Hillary's vote counters. What's with all the excuse making? Making excuses before the contest happens is defeatist to me.

and also this.

Still calling names instead of trying to get people on board.

"Fuck you" is a great way to win people over.  

Science.

It's similar to what has happened in the gun debate.

Some people refuse to see logic or reason and just want to shit all over the argument by calling gun owners "stupid small-dicked rednecks."

To those people, I say "fuck you" and move on because it's not worth wasting my time.  They've seen the data that proves gun control doesn't work but they operate on emotion, not logic.

Now enter the Fuck Trump Brigade on ARFCOM.  You know what's at stake, you've been reasoned with multiple times, but you continue to post the same attacks against Trump and call his supporters retards, Trumpeteers, Mangoheads, etc. etc.  When we don't drop to our knees and beg you to vote for Trump, you say WE are being divisive.

If you were going to be "won over", it would have happened long ago when you found a way to stop letting your pride get in the way.  So, at this point, "fuck you" is just as effective as anything else I could say to you.

It's up to the Trump campaign to unify the mess they made, not anyone else.

Every other campaign I've ever seen has done it, so it's not like this is unprecedented. It starts with not flipping the bird and not holding a grudge against everyone who wasn't 100% with you from the start.

From what I've gathered from the trump supporters, and really from him as well, is that they don't need our votes to win and it's our job to come to them on our own not their job to influence us to do so.

With a lot of the Trump supporters I can only picture Ricky Bobby saying "if you don't chew big red then fuck you!"
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You're the ones who picked a long-time pillar of the NYC Dem establishment, who can't figure out how to shut the fuck up for more than a day at a time even though he has a very good brain and says lots of things, as a candidate this time.

Even Yeb would have been both a better candidate and a better President than Mango Messiah.
View Quote

Another one who can't read.

I picked Cruz for the primary.

That being said.  It is now either Hitlery or Trump. The liberaltarian douche or any of the wanna-be Bernouts are NOT going to be elected.

But go ahead and keep attacking the one who isn't totally against your freedoms

What a bunch of dumb-asses

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Those seven posters are SO powerful, that they can be responsible for Trump winning or losing the election?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

If I had only known my awesome power to sway public opinion, Almost Human would be starting Season 2.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe trump will lose but I will happily eat crow.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At this point, they have to keep up their shtick because they've been so critical of Trump since the beginning.

If he wins, they look incredibly stupid.  If he loses, they are vindicated.

It comes down to personal pride.
View Quote

When Trump wins, and after he's sworn in as President, the usual gang will keep on bitching about him. The #NeverTrump thread will become GD's little slice of Glenn Beck and Mark Levin heaven.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If Trump loses, I will place the blame directly on the shoulders of the #NeverTrumpers and #GOPe types.

We all held our noses and actually supported the last two cycles' shitty candidates.

Yeah we may not have turned out in record numbers, but we didn't actively campaign against them or outright support the other candidate.

Fuck you guys, I despise you even more than the libtards
View Quote

Fucking spare me. Trump's biggest flaw is that he is Trump. Undisciplined, incoherent, and inconsistent. I thought Gingrich was the king of campaign fuckups, but DT has him beat
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When Trump wins, and after he's sworn in as President, the usual gang will keep on bitching about him. The #NeverTrump thread will become GD's little slice of Glenn Beck and Mark Levin heaven.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point, they have to keep up their shtick because they've been so critical of Trump since the beginning.

Well if he pushes for raising the minimum wage, single payer healthcare and touch back amnesty of course people are going to bitch.  Those people are conservatives, those who will continue their blind support are what's called RINOS.  When you support liberal policies that means you aren't a conservative.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If Trump loses, I will place the blame directly on the shoulders of the #NeverTrumpers and #GOPe types.

We all held our noses and actually supported the last two cycles' shitty candidates.

Yeah we may not have turned out in record numbers, but we didn't actively campaign against them or outright support the other candidate.

View Quote

This sums up my feelings on the matter, I just wished they would stfu until after the election and some of those trolls are paid by Hillary or Soros to post here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A LOT of us supported Cruz. But when it came time to play ball he let his butt hurt get the best of him, he can go fuck himself for it.

Not a surprise many traditionally Cruz voters are abandoning him like our family is.  If he's lucky he will keep his Senate seat, but he will never be president after the stunt he pulled.

And no...voters won't say "we should of voted for Cruz" if Hillary wins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't, and here's why: Cruz isn't the nominee. STOP OBSESSING ABOUT CRUZ!

I swear I've never seen people so focused on the last campaign at the expense of the current one.

The Trump folks like reminiscing about the good old days in the primary when they still had the MSM in the tank for them... it was more fun I'm sure.

If Hillary wins this Fall I'm convinced the first thing out of Trump and his supporters mouths will be "f*cking Cruz!"

A LOT of us supported Cruz. But when it came time to play ball he let his butt hurt get the best of him, he can go fuck himself for it.

Not a surprise many traditionally Cruz voters are abandoning him like our family is.  If he's lucky he will keep his Senate seat, but he will never be president after the stunt he pulled.

And no...voters won't say "we should of voted for Cruz" if Hillary wins.

They shouldn't say that. It's horrible grammar.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This sums up my feelings on the matter, I just wished they would stfu until after the election and some of those trolls are paid by Hillary or Soros to post here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Playing devil's advocate, people thinking like this calling for others to stfu yet create and participate in threads as such that just fan the flames failing to STFU themselves

In short, you want to bitch, whine and blame anything but Trump for his fallacy without your bullshit being called out and don't want others to create threads calling a spade a spade

Reminds me of another well known member who crashed anti-Trump threads months ago claiming that they were just attempts to "stir shit up" while he himself was the very example of stirring shit up by doing such.  When I very plainly questioned him to admit such I was told I got an "internet point"

Do I get another internet point here?

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well if he pushes for raising the minimum wage, single payer healthcare and touch back amnesty of course people are going to bitch.  Those people are conservatives, those who will continue their blind support are what's called RINOS.  When you support liberal policies that means you aren't a conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's odd that so many RINO GOPe'rs in the party are actively opposing their nominee. You know, the RINOs that don't vote against anything Ohole brings, funded Ohole-care, and are just hunky dory about millions of illegal aliens and, I presume, Sunni terrorists crossing into the US via Mexico. The RINOs sound just like the Democrats, and they are #NeverTrump. Hhhmmmm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
The Electoral College determines elections.

Trump needs to do really well in the swing states. I don't think he has the numbers currently to win.

I make predictions for a living. The data do not point toward a Trump win.

Stating current facts is not being defeatist. It is making an accurate assessment of the situation as it stands today.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blame the morons who voted for him in the primary. Responsibility where responsibility is due.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's odd that so many RINO GOPe'rs in the party are actively opposing their nominee. You know, the RINOs that don't vote against anything Ohole brings, funded Ohole-care, and are just hunky dory about millions of illegal aliens and, I presume, Sunni terrorists crossing into the US via Mexico. The RINOs sound just like the Democrats, and they are #NeverTrump. Hhhmmmm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously there are two types of RINO, them, and you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The feeling is kind of mutual.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If I had only known my awesome power to sway public opinion, Almost Human would be starting Season 2.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PA452 Munsen

Sydney1629

Forker

Top Secret

RarestRX

Badfish1969

Polymorphous

FUCK I loved that show.  Fox executives can all get aids for canceling it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

my feelz are hurt

No worries. I would never hit the report button.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Can you recall a modern candidate as supportive as the 2nd Amendment as what we have now? I can't.

And if that doesn't impact you enough to GOTV, might as well go back to brushing that high horse in hopes for November.

Hell. You live in a battleground state.

TLDR: OP is right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Second, people who think Trump is likely to lose (like me) think that way because of the electoral college and demographics, not because of polls. If you acknowledge reality, you understood from day one that Trump has always had to draw an inside straight to win the presidency. The presidential race is not the place to get behind long-shot candidates. Like it or not, reality says the presidency is won with middle of the road voters in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. Trump supporters blaming the polls, the media, and other likely Trump votes for the effect of demographic and systemic facts on Trump's chances is another example of their denial of reality.

And before you say, "well McCain and Romney lost, so that proves middle-of-the-road candidates can't win," McCain's and Romney's losses do not prove that. George W. Bush and his father before him were middle-of-the-road candidates. Reagan, who was elected 32 years ago, was the last semi-conservative president. Even he was big-government. The demographics of the electoral college have changed dramatically over those 32 years. McCain's and Romney's losses show nothing more than how far behind Republicans start in presidential elections now. Any Republican is a long-shot. Supporting presidential candidates that only appeal to the base in states the Republicans will anyway just doesn't make any sense.

Can you recall a modern candidate as supportive as the 2nd Amendment as what we have now? I can't.

And if that doesn't impact you enough to GOTV, might as well go back to brushing that high horse in hopes for November.

...And the duped choose to remain duped.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Playing devil's advocate, people thinking like this calling for others to stfu yet create and participate in threads as such that just fan the flames failing to STFU themselves

In short, you want to bitch, whine and blame anything but Trump for his fallacy without your bullshit being called out and don't want others to create threads calling a spade a spade

Reminds me of another well known member who crashed anti-Trump threads months ago claiming that they were just attempts to "stir shit up" while he himself was the very example of stirring shit up by doing such.  When I very plainly questioned him to admit such I was told I got an "internet point"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can have all the points ZFG!
He sucks as a candidate, he's been a liberal his whole life but the entire field sucked as far as electability in the general. I voted for Cruz but as it stands now we get Trump or Hillary, you don't have to like it but it's a fact.

As of now Trump is saying the right things regardless of what he'll do, we know what she will do.
Quit talking shit about the only person at this given moment that has a chance to stop her, it's not productive.The only people that seem to give a shit what he tweets is the bought MSM, media matters trolls and Hillary supporters.

Quick question, do you think this group visits ARFCOM and what type of comments do you think they would make?

Media Matters for America: This organization is a "web-based, not-for-profit … progressive research and information center" seeking to "systematically monitor a cross-section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation." The group works closely with the Soros-backed Center for American Progress, and is heavily funded by Democracy Alliance, of which Soros is a major financier.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He sucks as a candidate, he's been a liberal his whole life but the entire field sucked as far as electability in the general. I voted for Cruz but as it stands now we get Trump or Hillary, you don't have to like it but it's a fact.

As of now Trump is saying the right things regardless of what he'll do, we know what she will do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you say he's "saying the right things," are you referring to his recent AWESOME Tweets about the possible affair between Joe and Mika?

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Second, people who think Trump is likely to lose (like me) think that way because of the electoral college and demographics, not because of polls. If you acknowledge reality, you understood from day one that Trump has always had to draw an inside straight to win the presidency. The presidential race is not the place to get behind long-shot candidates. Like it or not, reality says the presidency is won with middle of the road voters in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. Trump supporters blaming the polls, the media, and other likely Trump votes for the effect of demographic and systemic facts on Trump's chances is another example of their denial of reality.

And before you say, "well McCain and Romney lost, so that proves middle-of-the-road candidates can't win," McCain's and Romney's losses do not prove that. George W. Bush and his father before him were middle-of-the-road candidates. Reagan, who was elected 32 years ago, was the last semi-conservative president. Even he was big-government. The demographics of the electoral college have changed dramatically over those 32 years. McCain's and Romney's losses show nothing more than how far behind Republicans start in presidential elections now. Any Republican is a long-shot. Supporting presidential candidates that only appeal to the base in states the Republicans will anyway just doesn't make any sense.

I think he means nominee not candidate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Okay.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When you say he's "saying the right things," are you referring to his recent AWESOME Tweets about the possible affair between Joe and Mika?

View Quote

Do you know it's false?

He's better then her on every damn issue but that's just my opinion. Which policy of hers has you carrying her torch?

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
That's a fair statement, but it isn't representative of the posts on this board that represent outright sabotage of the campaign.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think trump will lose, I'll vote anyway, waste of time in Ny but it's the principle. If my saying that makes an adult man distraught he needs to toughen up.

That's a fair statement, but it isn't representative of the posts on this board that represent outright sabotage of the campaign.

LOL WUT?

The only guy 'sabotaging' Don Trump at this point is Don fucking Trump.

Good grief.  Are you people for real?  Are you watching the same fucking election that everyone else is?

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Libs have the opposite attitude because they know that the media and academia are working in their favor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

COMMON GROUND.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I was under the impression that it was DU trolls and paid shills that post about how "it's over, Hillary is gonna win" because the posts are so over the top and imply there is no use doing anything but staying home and crying.  And now here we are arguing about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If Trump loses, it's Trump's fault, and it is the fault of those who voted for him in the primaries.  

Blaming anyone other that him and his supporters is nothing but denial.  There is no force that undermines him other than his own incompetence.

Trump became the leader of the Republican Party, and he and his supporters decided to NOT attempt to unify the Party after his nomination.  Instead, he continued to attack and alienate large blocs of his own Party.

You tell someone to fuck off, and then whine when they won't support you?  

Wake up and take responsibility for what you've done.  This falls squarely on YOUR shoulders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Trump loses, it's Trump's fault, and it is the fault of those who voted for him in the primaries.  

Blaming anyone other that him and his supporters is nothing but denial.  There is no force that undermines him other than his own incompetence.

Trump became the leader of the Republican Party, and he and his supporters decided to NOT attempt to unify the Party after his nomination.  Instead, he continued to attack and alienate large blocs of his own Party.

Wake up and take responsibility for what you've done.  This falls squarely on YOUR shoulders.

WHAT A TWISTED LOGIC!!!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Exactly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Well said by someone who demonizes Trump in nearly every post on the subject!

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

LOL WUT?

Good grief.  Are you people for real?  Are you watching the same fucking election that everyone else is?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think trump will lose, I'll vote anyway, waste of time in Ny but it's the principle. If my saying that makes an adult man distraught he needs to toughen up.

LOL WUT?

It should be a safe assumption that most members of a gun board would at minimum have resigned themselves to voting for the candidate running against HRC.  Based on the language in this thread and others that is not a safe assumption. So spare me your false indignation.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I did find it very telling that you edited this part of my comment out

Quoted:

Quit talking shit about the only person at this given moment that has a chance to stop her, it's not productive.The only people that seem to give a shit what he tweets is the bought MSM, media matters trolls and Hillary supporters.

Quick question, do you think this group visits ARFCOM and what type of comments do you think they would make?

Media Matters for America: This organization is a "web-based, not-for-profit … progressive research and information center" seeking to "systematically monitor a cross-section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation." The group works closely with the Soros-backed Center for American Progress, and is heavily funded by Democracy Alliance, of which Soros is a major financier.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're going far beyond my point:

If you're going to talk shit and create threads such as OP in point, which ironically is bitching about other threads asking them to STFU yet still visiting said threads and continuing arguments, beating a dead horse, etc. then you need to first practice it yourself.

Shut up about it and stop creating idiotic threads like this would help your ideals.  I know, mind breaking idea.

Simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It should be a safe assumption that most members of a gun board would at minimum have resigned themselves to voting for the candidate running against HRC.  Based on the language in this thread and others that is not a safe assumption. So spare me your false indignation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL WUT?

Gun owners, including most members here I suspect, were far more comfortable with the idea of Mitt Romney than they are with Trump.

That in itself should tell you how odious a candidate Trump is...

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said I'm a RINO, or even Republican? You ain't no Karnak.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#45]
LOL.....Bless you heart.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let the butthurt flow
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Op don't forget Zero got reelected despite a disastrous first term. Underestimate the stupidity of the American voter at your peril.
View Quote

Best post of the day.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Guys, WTF?  I've been web surfing since around 1999.  The nation, and the gun / conservative groups I identify with, have gone through some tough times since then.  9/11 obviously, but also the dark days of the AWB, the uncertainty of whether AWB would actually sunset, years 2004-2007 of the Iraq War, Sandy Hook, and multiple critical elections (some won, some lost).  

Throughout all those tough times that I remember in part through the lens of reading stuff people write on the internet, I've never seen so much defeatism from so-called American Men as what I see now.  From reading this and other boards, apparently its all over. Hillary will win because polls, and even if the polls change voter fraud is guaranteed. It's pitiful: take away the endorphins from your guy being in the lead, and people just can't handle the uncertainty.  The problem is, it's not just venting, people are now trying to convince others that Trump doesn't have a chance.  It's a weird, creepy social dynamic in play and I'm calling out about a third of the active posters in GD, including some of the site staff.  

Sure, some of you are Mobys or GOPe operatives with your own motives, but some of you guys are just mentally defeated.  It's pitiful.  Do you like the thought of recruiting more people into your "Trump's gonna lose and we're all screwed" club?  Are you looking forward, the day after the election, to being able to reference an internet post you made months ago "predicting" a Hillary win?  Do you draw comfort from being on what you think is the safest path towards...towards what?  Being right on the internet?  

All you defeatists should man up, for your own sake and the sake of your kids who are taking lessons from you.  If you think it's so hopeless that you're not even going to bother to vote on election day, at least have the courage to stay home in silence and be alone in your fear, instead of running away yelling that other people should join you.  

View Quote

I've seen this before OP.  I was once a member of a Long Island gun owners site and then one day came the election battle between andy cuomo and carl paladino.   paladino was somewhat similiar to trump, shooting from the lip and all and we had the same arguments there as we are here.  many members laughed and scoffed at crazy carl.  the rest is history.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm going to vote. I think there is a good chance Trump won't carry all 50 states. I also don't think he is the second coming of Christ. Not much to get all hyped over.
View Quote

Just not sure about Hawaii.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA452 Munsen
Sydney1629
Forker
Top Secret
RarestRX
Badfish1969
Polymorphous

You guys like to make list, It reminds me of other groups, that like to make list of people they did not like.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top