Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Two more responded with "Enough, we get the point" type emails.

My response to them....

I just have one question to ask Mr/Ms *******? Will you bring this issue up and assist the people with expanding our Constitutional Rights?

The job of County Committee Members of the County Republican Parties is an elective position and the position is designed primarily to communicate between state party members and local Republicans.You have fellow local Republicans that are angry with the way the Party is doing things. Is it not part of your responsibilities to handle these issues? Should Republicans like myself and others leave the party?

Because so far Mr/Ms *******; we've followed what the Party wants. We elected Republicans into office so they can have majority control of the State and Federal Government. 

Should we as faithful party members get treated in a manner that befits something closer to the Democrats when it comes to 2nd Amendment Rights?I will remove from the list. But I want you to understand sir that is an issue across the State that many people feel needs to be corrected. They like I don't like being treated by the FL GOP in a rude manner. We've been faithful.... it is time for the Party to be faithful to those that put it in power.

I will remove you from the list sir. But please understand that your email and the list was made from the official RPOF Website.

Also I did inform you that I sent the list to friends. After that, what they do with it is out of my control.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome.  They don't like the sheep getting all uppity.  Need to keep hammering them.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome.  They don't like the sheep getting all uppity.  Need to keep hammering them.  
View Quote
Yup..... Some of the committee members I've spoken too say that some others are 100% Elitist Establishment GOPe RINO Types. One put it best.... some of them are "Bush Republicans". 

The best part is.... we're following FL GOP rules. We're going through our County Level Committee Members. That's their jobs. Their names and contact info is posted for all to see on the official Republican Party of Florida website.

If the FL GOP claims to be the party of Equality, Freedom, and Constitutional Liberty. Then we as Republicans need to make sure the party stands fast.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Got another good committee member on our side and found another that isn't.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the updates. Keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the updates. Keep 'em coming.
View Quote

Two groups we Floridians need to work with

http://www.floridaactionalerts.com/  

http://www.rlcfl.org/
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for those links.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Emailed, and forwarded on to a few friends
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#9]
The committee members have drawn their lines in the sand. Many will not side with us. Some will. Talking and setting up things.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Done
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#13]
You are doing awesome work brother. I am proud to call someone such as yourself an ally.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#14]
done.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Tagged
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#16]
The FL GOP is infested with Establishment Elitists. This is an uphill fight. We have three weeks left for committee and Sen. Steube still hasn't submitted the new bills that are going to come from SB-140. The next meeting for thw Judiciary Committee is Feb. 7 and not a single gun related bill is on the agenda. Not SB-140 nor anything else. 

The only thing on the Radar from his office is SB-610. It is a liability bill regarding businesses assuming the responsibility of liability for people when they ban concealed weapons from being carried on their property (ie Disney banning CCW will not be stuck with the bill if an attack happens.)

The was submitted on Jan 31. 

The most sickening one other than the usual Democrat pushed anti 2nd Amendment bills is HJR  291. It creates two classes of citizens in FL amongst gun owners. 

POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION (HJR 291, from Reps. Don Hahnfeldt, R-The Villages, and Robert Asencio, D-Miami): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional amendments must be approved by three-fifths of both the House and Senate — 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate — in order to be placed on a ballot, and then 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to become law.]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You are doing awesome work brother. I am proud to call someone such as yourself an ally.
View Quote
Going back to the den of sin next Tuesday to go after Red Light Cameras and also fight for Pro Gun Bills. 
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#18]
SB-140 is officially dead. Sen. Gred Steube broke the bill into eight separate bills  

SB 616
 - Authorizing a licensee to temporarily surrender a weapon or firearm if the licensee approaches courthouse security...; 
SB 618 - Concealed Carry in Airport Non Sterile areas. 
SB 620 - Concealed Carry in Legislature/Committee Meetings. 
SB 622 - Concealed Carry at K-12 and college athletic events not firearms related. 
SB 626 - Concealed Carry in meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district, etc.  
SB 640 - Concealed Carry into any career center, etc. 
SB 644 - Allows Open Carry of a Handgun for CWFL holders. 
SB 646 - Decriminalizes "temporary and open display." if carrying concealed lawfully.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I tried but it said too many addresses??
I may try tomorrow on a real comp
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I tried but it said too many addresses??
I may try tomorrow on a real comp
View Quote
Could be your provider also. Mine limits me to 40 emails every hour. Thanks fucking spammers. 
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Done
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Found my state House Rep and Senator and sent it to them too.

John Rutherford and Aaron Bean.
View Quote
 good luck with Rutherford, he wouldn't sign for suppressor for people in Duval had to go with trust
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Capitol update.

Meet with Alex Blair; Greg Steube's LA. Steube flat out will push for a vote in every committee meeting for every bill period. They will not stand by and allow this to be swept under the rug. 

The Emails to the County Level GOP Committee Members has been working. Blair said that the Party is taking notice of the anger directed at it because of this bullshit that the GOP keeps pulling. 

Hence why they will push for a vote period. Steube wants a record to challenge GOP members that campaign on pro 2nd Amendment stance and then turn their back to it.

So one of two things will happen. The bills will pass committee and make it to the floor or GOP turncoats kill it in committee and we go hard on them.

Oh, I'm also pushing for repeal of red light cameras. 
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Emails to the County Level GOP Committee Members has been working. Blair said that the Party is taking notice of the anger directed at it because of this bullshit that the GOP keeps pulling. 
View Quote

People forget that at the state-level, citizens don't get involved too much.  A couple emails does work.  Like moving the refrigerator out from the wall in a roach-infested house

Calling right before the committees' meetings should help, too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Red Light Camera Repeal killed in the Senate.

Senator George B. Gainer (R) voted with Senator Kevin Rader (D) to kill the repeal. Senator Dorothy L.  Hukill (R) was absent since she's battling cancer and Senator Dennis Baxley (R) and Senator Darryl Ervin Rouson (D) voted in favor of repeal.

ATS, the Arizona  Camera company had 24 lobbyists speaking against repeal.  The League of Florida Cities pushed to kill the bill since their golden goose would die.

Tried fellas.... sorry. I know it isn't pro gun news but I was hoping for a small victory.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Senator George B. Gainer (R) voted with Senator Kevin Rader (D) to kill the repeal. Senator Dorothy L.  Hukill (R) was absent since she's battling cancer and Senator Dennis Baxley (R) and Senator Darryl Ervin Rouson (D) voted in favor of repeal.

ATS, the Arizona  Camera company had 24 lobbyists speaking against repeal.  The League of Florida Cities pushed to kill the bill since their golden goose would die.

Tried fellas.... sorry. I know it isn't pro gun news but I was hoping for a small victory.
View Quote

Well shit.

Appreciate the effort.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

People forget that at the state-level, citizens don't get involved too much.  A couple emails does work.  Like moving the refrigerator out from the wall in a roach-infested house

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its an uphill battle. The best I think we'll get this year is the correction to SYG since it is a crumb to throw to the 2nd Amendment voters and it is Marion Hammer's pet project. 
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I emailed Gainer. He is in his first term and ran unopposed in the primary and general. It would be nice to see him have an opponent next time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I emailed Gainer. He is in his first term and ran unopposed in the primary and general. It would be nice to see him have an opponent next time.
View Quote
He used to be a County Comissioner for Bay County. How was his record there?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He used to be a County Comissioner for Bay County. How was his record there?
View Quote

I'm not in his district, just saw his election results on google. If we allow these bullshit cameras here, speeding cameras are next. Just ask Europe.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#31]
All the tips on contact methods and protocols for following up are appreciated. Thanks all
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I know he’s new to the legislator but Cord Byrd didn’t work to get this done? Maybe he did and I just don’t see it.  He’s a gun trust attorney for Gods sake.  Only met him once but seemed very much on our side.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I know he’s new to the legislator but Cord Byrd didn’t work to get this done? Maybe he did and I just don’t see it.  He’s a gun trust attorney for Gods sake.  Only met him once but seemed very much on our side.
View Quote
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Representatives/details.aspx?MemberId=4632&LegislativeTermId=87

None of the Pro Gun Bills have been submitted by him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Celia is mad.

she doesn't like all these e-mails.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Done.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#36]
TTT
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Hit again.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I received one reply so far:

We do not work for the Senate or House.   You need to send your emails to them. 

Typical pass-the-buck response.  

My reply:

I understand that, but shouldn't you have the fortitude to hold our Republican Legislators' feet to the fire?

There are a variety of ways to do that in ways that do not undermine the conservative movement, such as public speaking engagements, demonstrations, proposing new conservative candidates to "primary out" the establishment candidates, and suggesting these actions to your members.

It's past time the rank-and-file members of our party begin to play an activist role in reclaiming our rights, as opposed to contently sitting on the sidelines while our legislators conduct themselves as the "democrat-lite" party.

I trust you will consider my assertions carefully.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#39]
More traffic:

When I am being spammed with 10 identical emails a day, it's more than asking for help.   It's annoying.  

While I agree with you. And would love more information to know how we can help.   Just please stop spamming my email box. 

My reply:

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you personally, but perhaps you now have an appreciation for how disgusted we are with our elected officials' failure to do their job.

We've been trying to get Open Carry, Campus Carry, and other pro-Second Amendment reforms passed for YEARS, and every legislative session, our Republican majority kills them.

If you are tired of dealing with these emails, have the Flagler County Young Republicans start writing, emailing, and calling Tallahassee to demand that these bills get a floor vote in both chambers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I struck a nerve:

How about you all send 1 email educating us on what we can do to help.   Rather than 35 emails saying the same exact thing.     

We want to help you.   Not argue.  

Got any specifics for them, Miami_JBT ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Let me pen something up
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Let me pen something up
View Quote

Cool.  I told him I'd get back with him within 48 hours.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Done
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Let me pen something up
View Quote

Thanks man! Keep up the good fight!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Let me pen something up
View Quote

I don't mean to rush you, but do you have anything?  I don't want to leave this guy high and dry.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I struck a nerve:

How about you all send 1 email educating us on what we can do to help.   Rather than 35 emails saying the same exact thing.     

We want to help you.   Not argue.  

Got any specifics for them, Miami_JBT ?
View Quote

The role of the County Level Party and it's committee members are to voice the issues common Republican Party members have with the party itself. Since 1996, the State of Florida has been under FL GOP control. Yet we are still grouped together with States like California, New York, and New Jersey. Alabama is on the cusp of Constitutional Carry and Georgia is too. Both States that border our own have both Open Carry and Campus Carry. Yet we are one of the few states that have neither. Forty five states have Open Carry. FORTY FIVE STATES.

Even Vermont, the home State of Bernie Sanders has Constitutional Carry. What's that you might ask? It is permit less carry of firearms for self defense. Both openly and concealed. The People don't need  government permission slip to exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights. And that is done in the home state of Bernie Sanders yet we here in Florida are barred from exercising those same freedoms.

What can you? Contact the Governor's Office, contact the Senate President's Office, contact the Speaker of the House's Office, and contact State level Party Officials in Tallahassee. Push the point that we the people and base of the party are tired of being left in the back of the civil rights movements towards self defense. If the GOP is the Party of Liberty, Freedom, Constitutionalism, and true Equality then why is our party preventing the passage of true pro 2nd Amendment Legislation?

I ask that you help push this issue at every GOP function. At every meeting with elected officials. Make sure that if our Republican Members in the Legislature want party support then they need to actually do work that expands the rights and liberties the party professes to support and protect.

Have the FL GOP voice support for the following bills in the House and Senate.

THREATENING VIOLENCE (SB 88, from Sen. Greg Steube, R-Sarasota): Would criminalize the act of threatening to use a firearm in a violent manner, under penalty of committing a second-degree felony.  

* STAND YOUR GROUND (SB 128 / HB 245, from Sen. Rob Bradley, R-Fleming Island, and Reps. Bobby Payne, R-Palatka and Jason Fischer, R-Jacksonville): Would shift the burden of proof in a criminal case where a defendant claims immunity under Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law by requiring the prosecutor, not the defendant, to prove at a pre-trial hearing why the defendant shouldn’t be granted immunity from prosecution. In the amended Senate version, if the self-defense claim is unsuccessful, evidence presented at the pre-trial hearing would be inadmissible at trial.  

* DECRIMINALIZES "TEMPORARY AND OPEN DISPLAY" (SB 646, from Steube): Providing that a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm who is lawfully carrying a firearm does not violate certain provisions if the firearm is temporarily and openly displayed; authorizing each member of the Florida Cabinet to carry a concealed weapon or firearm if he or she is licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm and does not have full-time security provided by the Department of Law Enforcement, etc. 

* OPEN CARRY (SB 644, from Steube): Would allow for the open carrying of handguns by the state’s 1.7 million concealed weapons permit-holders and would allow those permit-holders to carry guns in elementary and secondary schools, public college and university campuses, airport passenger terminals, legislative meetings, meetings of municipal, county, school or special district boards, and career centers. 

* GUN BAN LIABILITY (SB 610, from Steube): Would make a private “business, organization, or entity” that bans concealed weapons liable for any injury or damage caused by a person or animal, if the incident “could reasonably have been prevented” had the permit-holder not been required to be disarmed. 

* GUNS IN COURTHOUSES (SB 616, from Steube): Would allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in to courthouses and temporarily surrender and store the gun at a security checkpoint.  

* GUNS IN AIRPORTS (SB 618 / HB 6001, from Steube and Rep. Jake Raburn, R-Lithia): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in passenger terminals and non-“sterile” areas of airports, which are locations outside of security checkpoints.  

* GUNS IN LEGISLATIVE MEETINGS (SB 620, from Steube): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of the Legislature, which include formal sessions and committee hearings.  

* GUNS ON CAMPUS (SB 622 / HB 6005, from Steube and Rep. Scott Plakon, R-Longwood): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns on public college and university campuses. [Steube’s version is different in that it also clarifies guns would still be banned from any K-12, college or university athletic event “not related to firearms.”]  

* GUNS IN GOVERNMENT MEETINGS (SB 626, from Steube): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of any municipality, county, school district or special district.  

* GUNS IN CAREER CENTERS (SB 640, from Steube): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in career centers.  

* POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION (HJR 291, from Reps. Don Hahnfeldt, R-The Villages, and Robert Asencio, D-Miami): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional amendments must be approved by three-fifths of both the House and Senate — 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate — in order to be placed on a ballot, and then 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to become law.]  

END OF GUN FREE ZONES (Senate Bill 908 / House Bill 803, Sen. Dennis Baxley and Rep. Don Hahnfeldt) The end of gun free zones that strip the rights the of public from being abe to defend themselves in legally accessible spaces.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Awesome.  Sent.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top