BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems silly to withhold cruise control on the base model. It's almost like it's out of spite
View Quote

It's supposed to stop people like me from buying a base model.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It seems silly to withhold cruise control on the base model. It's almost like it's out of spite
View Quote

It's pretty clear the XLT is the model they want to sell. I also would have gotten XL if it had cruise control, it should have been at least an option.

I guess I will be going with the XLT, I guess I will at least get a couple nicer things. Fancier wheels, power locking tailgate, keypad, and bed storage compartment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's pretty clear the XLT is the model they want to sell. I also would have gotten XL if it had cruise control, it should have been at least an option.

I guess I will be going with the XLT, I guess I will at least get a couple nicer things. Fancier wheels, power locking tailgate, keypad, and bed storage compartment.
View Quote

Does the XLT have the keypad? I agree the XLT seems like the most sense but like I said earlier the closer it gets to Ranger pricing the less attractive it becomes to me. I’m not sure about the locking tailgate I guess that could be handy but it’s also another actuator to fail which seem more likely being it’s not inside the car.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Unibody sucks with all the salt here in Ohio in winter but I'd throw a ladder rack on this and make some money with it no problem.
View Quote

Unibody or frame wont make a difference, they will fail in the same amount of time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Also as with every vehicle manufacturer and especially domestics. I will wait several years for recalls and lawsuits for the bugs to be sorted out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Does the XLT have the keypad? I agree the XLT seems like the most sense but like I said earlier the closer it gets to Ranger pricing the less attractive it becomes to me. I’m not sure about the locking tailgate I guess that could be handy but it’s also another actuator to fail which seem more likely being it’s not inside the car.
View Quote

Yeah, I just looked its not listed on the build site, but it is shown on the image. Also this website has it listed as standard equipment on the XLT.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2022-maverick-order-guide.178/
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, I just looked its not listed on the build site, but it is shown on the image. Also this website has it listed as standard equipment on the XLT.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2022-maverick-order-guide.178/
View Quote

Looks like you gotta go for Lariat to get less noisy cab.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Looks like you gotta go for Lariat to get less noisy cab.
View Quote

ARFCOM - I want a bare bones truck for $20k

Ford - Here you go.

ARFCOM - No acoustic glass?  THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ARFCOM - I want a bare bones truck for $20k

Ford - Here you go.

ARFCOM - No acoustic glass?  THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!
View Quote

Im not ARFCOM, Im a suburban metrosexual who wants comfort and would probably buy a ridgeline
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Aftermarket cruise control is only around $200 (example here).
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Im not ARFCOM, Im a suburban metrosexual who wants comfort and would probably buy a ridgeline
View Quote

A fully optioned Maverick seems to be nearly 1/3 less than a top spec Ridgeline. There is certainly overlap and there will be cross shopping but someone who wants a more luxurious utility vehicle is probably going to buck up for the Honda.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A fully optioned Maverick seems to be nearly 1/3 less than a top spec Ridgeline. There is certainly overlap and there will be cross shopping but someone who wants a more luxurious utility vehicle is probably going to buck up for the Honda.
View Quote

Im just a poor swamp dweller on the baltic sea with vodka swilling psychopath for a neighbor, I cant afford a ridgeline :)
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]

We should be getting a Santa Cruz at our dealership by the end of the month.

I'll give you guys my first impressions.

(Unbiased, of course.)

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What does an auto parts store transport that it needs a 6-7 foot bed?
View Quote

auto parts stores hauling houses worth of drywall and plywood are a common occurrence in GDland.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agree that it's a dick move, prolly costs them $10, but around here anyway it's near impossible to use unless it's really early in the morning and no one else is out... any traffic and I seem to be the only one capable of using cruise as even if there is plenty of space the dumbasses on the road are speed up/slow down, speed up/slow down...

morons
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

agree that it's a dick move, prolly costs them $10, but around here anyway it's near impossible to use unless it's really early in the morning and no one else is out... any traffic and I seem to be the only one capable of using cruise as even if there is plenty of space the dumbasses on the road are speed up/slow down, speed up/slow down...

morons
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

morons

And I use it for almost my entire hour long commute save a few passes here and there. I'd really like to try some of the adaptive cruise controls available but they are almost always tied to the higher trim levels as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]
sorry late to the party - but unibody is not a truck.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And I use it for almost my entire hour long commute save a few passes here and there. I'd really like to try some of the adaptive cruise controls available but they are almost always tied to the higher trim levels as well.
View Quote

I had adaptive cruise control on a rental car. Serious must have feature. I'd take no other options but that if they offered it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I had adaptive cruise control on a rental car. Serious must have feature. I'd take no other options but that if they offered it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.  Just experienced it for the first time in a loaner car I had this week... it was great.  Makes highway cruising so effortless.  Sure, keep paying attention and all, but it is great not having to slow down and speed up... car just does it for you.

Sadly it's pretty much only offered in fully loaded cars... which I'm not likely to buy (new at least) because they get stupid expensive for what they are.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought my 2020 Ridgeline RTL-E for $39,500... it's top of the line. (There is the "Black Edition", which is just blacked out bits but all the same equipment).  Pricing out a Maverick Lariat with the 2.0L EcoBoost and AWD comes out to $35,510. Not bad, but not $13K less.

Having traded a 2017 Tacoma SR5 on the Ridgeline, my impression is that the RL is much more "luxurious", too. It's like the Lexus/Acura of midsize trucks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I bought my 2020 Ridgeline RTL-E for $39,500... it's top of the line. (There is the "Black Edition", which is just blacked out bits but all the same equipment).  Pricing out a Maverick Lariat with the 2.0L EcoBoost and AWD comes out to $35,510. Not bad, but not $13K less.
View Quote

You're comparing the Maverick's MSRP with the street price of your Ridgeline.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

morons

believe me I'm a fan and try and use whenever I can, but if it's not in the  cards not like my foot gets tired..
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Not having cruise control on the base model is a real downer and a major fuckup by Ford. My Durango didn’t have cruise and the 50 mile trip to work got old real fast.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

morons
View Quote

Long stretches of empty road in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not having cruise control on the base model is a real downer and a major fuckup by Ford. My Durango didn’t have cruise and the 50 mile trip to work got old real fast.
View Quote

And it never occurred to you to install cruise control yourself?

"Yeh, that not having a Christmas tree air freshener is a real downer and a major fuckup by Ford. Guess I'll have to buy something else instead..."
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I played around with the builder...is there no single-cab option?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Anybody considering the Hybrid ?

Thinking about replacing 2006 Prerunner with 300K
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

"Yeh, that not having a Christmas tree air freshener is a real downer and a major fuckup by Ford. Guess I'll have to buy something else instead..."
View Quote

I considered it. Like most other aftermarket stuff, it was garbage.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah it sucks. The other reason I require it is to stop me from getting more speeding tickets. Last time my cruise control broke I got a ticket going down a hill where I had picked up some speed. Cost me $300.
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly I’d never heard of anyone doing that on newer vehicles.
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope welcome to my pain.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah it sucks. The other reason I require it is to stop me from getting more speeding tickets. Last time my cruise control broke I got a ticket going down a hill where I had picked up some speed. Cost me $300.

Nope welcome to my pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope welcome to my pain.

I got a ticket going downhill with my cruise control set at 80. They got me at 82 in a 75...in VA.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I ordered a new Maverick last Saturday. a loaded out Lariat, we'll see if it comes. The dealer said they were only to make 6.600 for the first batch--- whatever that means. This truck looks good on paper, [ I'm retired ] and will be a grocery-getter. I also just sold a  2021 Tundra for more than I paid for it..with 6,000 miles on it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I ordered a new Maverick last Saturday. a loaded out Lariat, we'll see if it comes. The dealer said they were only to make 6.600 for the first batch--- whatever that means. This truck looks good on paper, [ I'm retired ] and will be a grocery-getter. I also just sold a  2021 Tundra for more than I paid for it..with 6,000 miles on it.
View Quote

Hybrid or Ecoboost?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm curious about the lead time and your impression on this.  Keep us posted?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I wonder if the base hybrid is even available in Lariat trim....
View Quote

Yes, it’s available on all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#40]
The option levels are super dumb. Was looking at one woth a hard bed cover for the wife as a commuter/grocery getter/Lowes and Home Depot garden supply vehicle. Looks like a Rav4 makes more sense and they don't nickel and dime you after you pay the Toyota tax.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#41]
The fact that Ford is beating Toyota and Honda to the hybrid pickup truck is surprising. I'm definitely interested in seeing how this thing does in the real world. Hopefully there's enough interest that they expand on the options for this thing. Making an AWD hybrid or  single cab could be an option further down the line.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Why There’s No AWD Hybrid Version of the Small Truck — Yet

AWD is coming, they are still working out the details of mating it to their homegrown electric motor that debuts in the Maverick.

Also, side note, the EcoBoost 2.0 either recommends or requires Premium fuel (not clear on the Ford website).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Anybody considering the Hybrid ?

Thinking about replacing 2006 Prerunner with 300K
View Quote

I will be getting the hybrid to replace a car. I already have a Ranger for off road stuff. I was considering getting a newer car but I will go with this instead.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

AWD is coming, they are still working out the details of mating it to their homegrown electric motor that debuts in the Maverick.

Also, side note, the EcoBoost 2.0 either recommends or requires Premium fuel (not clear on the Ford website).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448063/Capture_JPG-1979329.JPG
View Quote

The 2.0 will run just fine on 87, although you do get a small HP and torque bump on 91/93. The user's manual of the Focus ST mentioned it was something around 10hp between the two.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448063/Capture_JPG-1979329.JPG
View Quote

That’s just for maximum performance, 87 is fine. All the ecoboost engines are like that.

There are many 93 only tunes available for them and it makes a substantial difference.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm curious about the lead time and your impression on this.  Keep us posted?
View Quote

I  will, just hope to get it, I'm not sure it will be here this fall. It looks good on paper,, we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly didn't know they made aftermarket cruise until this thread. Never saw it before.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now that I've heard of it, I assumed this was true as well lol.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Just watched TFL's youtube video on the truck.

For the question of ride height between 4x2 and 4x4 they had the specs in the video. 8.3" for the 4x2 and 8.6" for the 4x4.
Page / 20
Top Top