Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If I lived in Canada and could only have a 5 round magazine for my modern sporting rifles, that would probably throw off my grouping too. What's metric for minute of angle?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, that went from zero to nuked pretty fast!

View Quote
So much potential before locked.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Got-any-unfriendly-range-fudds-/5-2144937/
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't care what other people do at the range.  I only spoke to guy after I was picking up .30-06 brass.

He noticed that I was shooting a .30-06 and that's when I said that I was also shooting a .222.

I showed him a .222 round and the rest happened.

I never bothered the guy; I never showed him a target; I never criticized his shooting ; I never argued with him and I did not show him any of of my guns.

I only related what happened as an example of range idiocy.  In fact I go out of my way to be quiet and diplomatic at the range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You seem like a nice enough guy in your other threads.  I have seen you extend some awesome generosity here.  But from the outside looking you have just not painted a good picture.

I wasn't there and I won't judge.  Just saying your point appears to simply be a losing proposition.

Glad you had a great time at the range.  Hope the other guy did too.
I don't care what other people do at the range.  I only spoke to guy after I was picking up .30-06 brass.

He noticed that I was shooting a .30-06 and that's when I said that I was also shooting a .222.

I showed him a .222 round and the rest happened.

I never bothered the guy; I never showed him a target; I never criticized his shooting ; I never argued with him and I did not show him any of of my guns.

I only related what happened as an example of range idiocy.  In fact I go out of my way to be quiet and diplomatic at the range.
Bingo. People are revealing and projecting their own dislikes onto the situation and OP.
In other words their feels caused them to get triggered.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This guy gets it.

Was the guy with the Tavor standing or shooting from a bench? Was he firing rapidly? Bringing the rifle up from low ready and firing as soon as he was on target?

You're not giving us anything to work with here, OP.

I'm sure you understand that defensive training isn't about tiny groups.
View Quote
I don't know.  I wasn't watching him shoot.

I just saw his target because it was next to mine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
A grapefruit pattern at 25 meters is a pretty deadly shooter against humans.  What’s the problem?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I get that some of you make some huge serious event out of going to the range to compete against yourself in getting the smallest possible group, but some of us like to go to the range and fire off a couple rounds to have fun. I don't understand why he was going off about bench shooters, but it's equally as odd that you approached him to brag about your carefully orchestrated target shooting session.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Only accurate rifles are interesting.
View Quote
I don't know Mini 14s chunking brass forty five ft down the firing line can make for an interesting range session.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bingo. People are revealing and projecting their own dislikes onto the situation and OP.
In other words their feels caused them to get triggered.
View Quote
Pot meet kettle
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A grapefruit pattern at 25 meters is a pretty deadly shooter against humans.  What’s the problem?
View Quote
It's really poor shooting--for someone with such opinions on benchrest shooters and the great Gale McMillan
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This guy gets it.

Was the guy with the Tavor standing or shooting from a bench? Was he firing rapidly? Bringing the rifle up from low ready and firing as soon as he was on target?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't worry about other people's targets anymore. I'm no pro but when I go to the range I definitely shoot better than 95% of the people there. As long as they're on paper I'm happy.  Honestly most of them are probably just happy to make noise and be on paper too. I'm shooting for me, not to impress some stranger next to me.
This guy gets it.

Actually, neither of you get it.
OP is wasting time responding to people who aren't thinking and are letting their emotions drive their responses.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I get that some of you make some huge serious event out of going to the range to compete against yourself in getting the smallest possible group, but some of us like to go to the range and fire off a couple rounds to have fun. I don't understand why he was going off about bench shooters, but it's equally as odd that you approached him to brag about your carefully orchestrated target shooting session.  At 75 feet, a huge group the size of a fist will do just fine.
View Quote
I did not approach him to brag.  I never showed him a target and all I showed him was a single cartridge.  And actually he was the one who approached me.

He found one of my cases and brought it over.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I did not approach him to brag.  I never showed him a target and all I showed him was a single cartridge.  And actually he was the one who approached me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get that some of you make some huge serious event out of going to the range to compete against yourself in getting the smallest possible group, but some of us like to go to the range and fire off a couple rounds to have fun. I don't understand why he was going off about bench shooters, but it's equally as odd that you approached him to brag about your carefully orchestrated target shooting session.  At 75 feet, a huge group the size of a fist will do just fine.

You have told no less than 3 stories in this thread, all with a different series of events.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Lord. People here cannot fucking read.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You have told no less than 3 stories in this thread, all with a different series of events.
View Quote
Wrong.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The parody thread is already down in flames.
Mods on point today
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm no. His story has been consistent. You are the one making up different versions of what he said.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was at the range today zeroing BMR 60.  I was zeroing it at 25 meters because a 25 meter zero will get you close at 200.

Shooting next to me was a guy with a Tavor.  He had an scope mounted on the Tavor and he was shooting grapefruit sized groups at 25 meters.

My iron-sighted Garand groups were much better.  And just for fun I fired my Anschutz .222 at the same target.  With the Anschutz, I had a five shot group with one large hole.

As I was leaving, I showed Mr Dope, a .222 round and he went off on a long harangue about bench rest shooters.  I just shook my head and left.

I honestly think that a talented baseball pitcher could achieve a better group at 25 meters than Mr Dope with his Tavor.

Picture of the range today.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20180908_143745-665520.jpg
View Quote
I don't beleive that is your range.  There is no snow.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well being Canadian it's always a high percentage
View Quote
Everyone in this story is Canadian so I'm going with "when assholes collide".
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP is wasting time responding to people who aren't thinking and are letting their emotions drive their responses.
Quoted:

Lol. Bro. Switch to decaf.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Lol troll thread
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why not just mind your own business?  Instead you tried to show boat tight groups.......at 25m?  Lol

You are right there was an idiot at the range.......doesn’t sound like it was the guy with the tavor
View Quote
That's kinda harsh.  At 25m, a properly sighted Tavor should be able to turn in groups AT LEAST under 2 inches, worst case.

Grapefruit sized is 5-6 inches, give or take.   That's a pretty large dispersion, if the operator is shooting from a rest.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Umm no. His story has been consistent. You are the one making up different versions of what he said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consistent by consistently adding different events in to each post?  Yea, reallllllllllllllllll consistent.

Quoted:
I was at the range today zeroing BMR 60.  I was zeroing it at 25 meters because a 25 meter zero will get you close at 200.

Shooting next to me was a guy with a Tavor.  He had an scope mounted on the Tavor and he was shooting grapefruit sized groups at 25 meters.

My iron-sighted Garand groups were much better.  And just for fun I fired my Anschutz .222 at the same target.  With the Anschutz, I had a five shot group with one large hole.

As I was leaving, I showed Mr Dope, a .222 round and he went off on a long harangue about bench rest shooters.  I just shook my head and left.

I honestly think that a talented baseball pitcher could achieve a better group at 25 meters than Mr Dope with his Tavor.

Picture of the range today.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20180908_143745-665520.jpg
Quoted:

Don't know.

But the full extent of his idiocy needs to be carefully explained.

I showed him a .222 round and he said that he heard that it was an accurate caliber.  I replied that Gale McMillan set a world bench rest record with the .222 back in 1973.

Then the little twerp went full retard by saying that bench rest shooters aren't real shooters etc.

I didn't answer him.  I just walked away and left him to wallow in stupidity and ignorance.
Quoted:

I never showed him my rifles.  I only showed him a single cartridge.  And that's all it took for him to go crazy.

I do not bother anyone ever at the range. I am also polite and I never argue with anyone.  Not even an idiot who knows nothing at all about shooting and who has no respect.
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Grapefruit size group under no stress? What will that group look like under severe stress?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#24]
If someone were to slap $10k cash on a table in front of me and say it's all mine if I can explain who Gale McMillan is, I'd be none the richer. I'd probably say she's lead singer from a '70s folk band.

Somewhere out there is another shooter, telling a very different version of this encounter.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Grapefruit size group under no stress? What will that group look like under severe stress?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably a better hit ratio than professionally trained LEO have been able to historically achieve (less than 30 percent last time I checked).  What kind of grouping should one be going for?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread has gained legs!
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#27]
OP, ignore the idiots bashing you. It seems that mocking some guy who bashed bench rest shooters while being a piss-poor shot hit them right in the feels- a little close to home it seems.
It's emotion- not facts. It's like watching a bunch of leftists attack someone who stated they support a border wall.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This.

Here's the thread:

https://i.imgflip.com/2hioky.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was expecting a much better tale.
This.

Here's the thread:

https://i.imgflip.com/2hioky.jpg
End thread.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Let me get this right..

Op watches his shooting neighbor. Noticed he doesn't get the same groupings as a bench rester. proceeds to insult his shooting neighbor by bragging how even his ancient firearm is better then him shooting a new rifle. Comes onto Arfcom hoping to find other accuracy snobs.  Ops shooting neighbor continues to practice with his firearm and have a good time without jackassery bothering him anymore.

Sound about right?

View Quote
yep don't forget the part where  he's bragging about his 25m zero is better than some random dude's zero
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP, ignore the idiots bashing you. It seems that mocking some guy who bashed bench rest shooters while being a piss-poor shot hit them right in the feels- a little close to home it seems.
It's emotion- not facts. It's like watching a bunch of leftists attack someone who stated they support a border wall.
View Quote
I really don't even get why you're trying to white knight the OP on this one.  Talk about emotions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
You keep going on and on about emotions and everyone being emotional all the while your the only one in this thread being emotional and name calling. Lol projecting like a mofo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Glad we’re not the only nation with idjits.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
yep don't forget the part where  he's bragging about his 25m zero is better than some random dude's zero
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me get this right..

Op watches his shooting neighbor. Noticed he doesn't get the same groupings as a bench rester. proceeds to insult his shooting neighbor by bragging how even his ancient firearm is better then him shooting a new rifle. Comes onto Arfcom hoping to find other accuracy snobs.  Ops shooting neighbor continues to practice with his firearm and have a good time without jackassery bothering him anymore.

Sound about right?

None of that happened, learn to read jesus fucking christ.

Fluffy go edit the OP otherwise these retards will pile up and make discussion impossible
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If someone were to slap $10k cash on a table in front of me and say it's all mine if I can explain who Gale McMillan is, I'd be none the richer. I'd probably say she's lead singer from a '70s folk band.

Somewhere out there is another shooter, telling a very different version of this encounter.
View Quote
Something like this:

" You should have seen this guy at the range, he was bitching at everybody there, got all upset when I did a double tap, and started some tirade about some fucking world record holder..... Then he took out his flip phone to take a picture of the range, from the parking lot."

Relax man. I know his shity plastic Gun triggered you. I'm sorry that happened. But it's going to be ok. I promise.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Was at a 100 meter outdoor range, test firing a USGI M16A2 kit build I had completed recently. I put about 300 rounds of LC through it fast, and for giggles decided to see what sort of groups I could get with it at 100.

The guy in the next lane was shooting an HK bolt action and going on to his buddy about what a bargain his $2000 Night Force scope was, and how he paid more to have it mounted than that redneck spent on hisAR (he pointed at me, he didn't think I could hear him).

Time came to check targets, his group would have been OK for 10gauge  birdshot. My groups were damned good for irons on surplus parts, about an inch and a half including flyers. Big mouths buddy asked him why I had kept my bullets so close together. Dude got huffy, packed his shit and left. As he was packing I told him it looked like something went wrong when he mounted the scope.
View Quote
You quick shot a inch and a half 300 round group with iron sights at 100 meters with surplus ammo, and it was the flyers that pushed the group to inch and a half moa
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#36]
aren't tavors inaccurate once they get warm or am I thinking another gun?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Fluffy go edit the OP otherwise these retards will pile up and make discussion impossible
View Quote
I did read, he said the dude grouping was grapefruit and he had a 5 shot group in one hole
jesus fucking christ
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fluffy,
Don't worry about the haters....some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining.
View Quote
OP is the one complaining about some random dude at the range having fun, whose groups weren’t as good as OP’s zero target.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I did read, he said the dude grouping was grapefruit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did read, he said the dude grouping was grapefruit
Did you read the rest where he never said jack about group sizes to the guy?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
A watermelon, of course!
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
*Tavour
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm just glad that some of you dont shoot at my range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
aren't tavors inaccurate once they get warm or am I thinking another gun?
View Quote
G36
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Classic
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm just glad that some of you dont shoot at my range.
View Quote
I'm just glad I'm not Canadian.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't worry about other people's targets anymore. I'm no pro but when I go to the range I definitely shoot better than 95% of the people there. As long as they're on paper I'm happy.  Honestly most of them are probably just happy to make noise and be on paper too. I'm shooting for me, not to impress some stranger next to me.
This guy gets it.

I'd argue that YOU'RE not getting why OP is getting shit on so hard (at least in part).

There are a lot of guys that ONLY shoot from a bench with perfect conditions. They ONLY care about tiny groups. It's possible that the guy OP ran into was saying THOSE people aren't "real shooters" (and I agree to some extent since those people are almost always FUDDs). I'm not saying OP is one of them but his post could easily be interpreted that way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sounds like fluffy was acting like a fudd and bothering someone by showing off his toys.

Typical old man at the range behavior.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't even care about the range interaction, but do you have any pics of the .222?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'd argue that YOU'RE not getting why OP is getting shit on so hard (at least in part).

There are a lot of guys that ONLY shoot from a bench with perfect conditions. They ONLY care about tiny groups. It's possible that the guy OP ran into was saying THOSE people aren't "real shooters" (and I agree to some extent since those people are almost always FUDDs). I'm not saying OP is one of them but his post could easily be interpreted that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy gets it.

I must have missed the page where op mocked the guy for his groups and called anyone except bench shooters as not being a "real shooter".

Or maybe the guy found the .222 casing and made an unintelligent remark about people who enjoy an activity differently from himself like OPs posts say.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#50]
This thread is weird.

1. OP has a brief incidental conversation at the range.
2. During that encounter the subject of the 222 Remington's reputation for accuracy is casually mentioned by the idiot stranger.
3. OP affirms the idiot's assertion that the 222 is indeed considered accurate, and for good reason: back in the day, it was a world record holding cartridge.
4. Idiot goes on mini tirade about bench rest shooters and shows his ass.
5. OP departs

What is wrong here?

Wait. This is like reverse Fudd-ishness! The guy with the fancy tactical shit throws a fellow shooter under the bus, just like the infamous Fudd what says "who needs more than a 30-30 and a 22, hurr durr..."

Fun story, OP.
Page / 3
Top Top