Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/15/2024 2:03:11 PM EDT
I live in a pretty nice subdivision next to a large community park, with hike & bike trails & a lake just off my cul-de-sac. Quite, safe, happy neighborhood.

However last night I had so much bass bumping & rattling my windows & doors, I figured some hood rats must have showed up & were throwing a block party in our quiet cul-de-sac.  Picked up discrete carry gun, go outside...  No one around.

Realizes the big bass bumping & thumping was coming from WAY far away at the concert pavilion. Across the lake & a fair bit away.

Now I'm coming back from the  cycle shop, and notice huge barrels & cones blocking off a major road.  Stopped to ask the orange vested Good Ol' Boy worker what was up.  Repaving? Maybe some bicycle or half marathon?

Nope - tells me there is going to be a gigantic "Juneteenth" party & concert...  Asked Good Ol' Boy if his safety vest was Kevlar lined. We laughed.

So... What are likely Odds on Gunfire occurring at said Huge "Juneteenth" Concert & Park Party?

I'm going with "Two" gunfire incidents on the betting square intersecting with 4 regular fights over weaves, past child support, who is the real baby daddy and one just because it is hotter than hell.

Oh, and bonus is I'll get hours more bass thump thump thump thump until late in the night, ... courtesy of my city & county tax dollars.

There have been several other concerts held at the venue (mostly 4th of July, Memorial Day & Veterans Day) - and I've never even remotely thought "gunfire & chaos"  would be likely or expected.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
100%
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
87% chance of gunfire. Have you retained an attorney for post riot lawsuit against the city for allowing this?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
100%
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
100%

Needs moar poll
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be shocked if there wasn't.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you lay in sand bags to catch stray bullets coming into the house?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Twerk winds will roll thru your neighborhood like mustard gas
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I live in a pretty nice subdivision next to a large community park, with hike & bike trails & a lake just off my cul-de-sac. Quite, safe, happy neighborhood.

However last night I had so much bass bumping & rattling my windows & doors, I figured some hood rats must have showed up & were throwing a block party in our quiet cul-de-sac.  Picked up discrete carry gun, go outside...  No one around.

Realizes the big bass bumping & thumping was coming from WAY far away at the concert pavilion. Across the lake & a fair bit away.

Now I'm coming back from the  cycle shop, and notice huge barrels & cones blocking off a major road.  Stopped to ask the orange vested Good Ol' Boy worker what was up.  Repaving? Maybe some bicycle or half marathon?

Nope - tells me there is going to be a gigantic "Juneteenth" party & concert...  Asked Good Ol' Boy if his safety vest was Kevlar lined. We laughed.

So... What are likely Odds on Gunfire occurring at said Huge "Juneteenth" Concert & Park Party?

I'm going with "Two" gunfire incidents on the betting square intersecting with 4 regular fights over weaves, past child support, who is the real baby daddy and one just because it is hotter than hell.

Oh, and bonus is I'll get hours more bass thump thump thump thump until late in the night, ... courtesy of my city & county tax dollars.

There have been several other concerts held at the venue (mostly 4th of July, Memorial Day & Veterans Day) - and I've never even remotely thought "gunfire & chaos"  would be likely or expected.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

This needs a bingo board.

I'll take 1 shooting, 2 stabbings, 10 twerkings, and 3 weave removals.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Set up a skrimp stand and profit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#12]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Paul Wall is playing tonight, odds of gunfire are pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Just 13%er things. I would anticipate at least 200 - 500K in property damage, 1-2 counts of grand theft auto, 30 cases of assault, 2-5 cases of attempted rape, and innumerable counts of petty theft.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Population size?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#16]
The People of ARFCOM demanded it & thus a Poll was added !

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Glock switches involved  yes, bump stocks no
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did you lay in sand bags to catch stray bullets coming into the house?
View Quote

No, I moved all my ammo cans to the wall, so I got an awsome work out and limited ballistic protection for stray incoming bullets.

But damn it - I just put a new roof on after the hail stones, and I don't want to have leaks due to bullet holes from "mostly peaceful" concert goers...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for reminder. Gotta keep my eyes peeled for Juneteenth ATV rideouts, street takeovers, and other criminal antics “celebrations of freedom” this weekend.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Hopefully, none.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I think somebody is more than likely getting disrespected...then it will hit the fan.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Like Greekfest at Jones Beach!
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I want video. Go get a good spot to record the festivities.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like Greekfest... anywhere.
I remember Colin Flaherty talking about how he had the idea for his first book "White Girl Bleed A Lot."
He said he wasn't sure if the types of incidents he was reporting on happened often enough to warrant an entire book.
So, he asked people to send in links to stories, videos, etc, so that he could see what was out there.
As soon as he did, so many stories came pouring in that he knew it was going to take more than one book.
I believe he had a third book in the pipeline when he died.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#27]
100 %

It's a stupid Holiday meant to divide races. Developed by the ever-loving Dumbocrats. The same people who started the KKK.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#28]
At least half the people at the local Juneteenth party are white LGBTQ types.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#29]
What time it get be gettin dark out there?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Have you made a range card yet?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn’t be found anywhere near that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
87% chance of gunfire. Have you retained an attorney for post riot lawsuit against the city for allowing this?
View Quote

Some chance that gunfire will be away from the concert, so 87%.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
At least half the people at the local Juneteenth party are white LGBTQ types.
View Quote

True.

If you live in a nice area, it will be a bunch of virtue signaling, white liberals, making themselves feel better. Then again, if public transportation is nearby, expect it to get interesting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Depends. You in Pearland OP?

If so, nothing will happen. Maybe a small fight but it won’t even be World Star worthy.

In Houston proper? Probably.

It’s it’s a surburban there will be more white people than blacks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Find you a perch overlooking the festivities and hang a game cam.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Honestly, there are so many Juneteenth events happening today that the odds are probably pretty low. A lot more of them go off without incident than not.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#38]
It will be as peaceful as Altamont.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#39]
When there is doubt, there is no doubt.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If so, nothing will happen. Maybe a small fight but it won’t even be World Star worthy.

It’s it’s a surburban there will be more white people than blacks.
View Quote

The Wells Fargo Juneteenth celebration is going on tonight at Miller Outdoor Theater.  Considering we nearly got in a fight the last time we were there (Houston Symphony in the Park, a bunch of years ago), because asking people in the seats to be quiet during the performance is a bridge too far for ghetto hamplanets, I'll sit this one out too.

Haven't been back to Miller since then.  I'm sure the denizens are even less behaved now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#41]
WHRILSTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I just went through my community calendar for the second time and I don't see any Juneteenth on it.

Will the banks be closed?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just went through my community calendar for the second time and I don't see any Juneteenth on it.

Will the banks be closed?
View Quote

Juneteenth is officially a Federal Holiday ...

No USPS mail...

Banks will be Closed...

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Look on the bright side.  You're on a the other side of a large body of water.   Slim chance of anyone swimming over your way.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
100 %

It's a stupid Holiday meant to divide races. Developed by the ever-loving Dumbocrats. The same people who started the KKK.
View Quote

Juneteenth was mainly a Texas holiday until the libs made it nationwide . It has always been celebrated in the county I live in , which had a very large slave population at the time the news spread that they were free . But yeah , making it a fed holiday is stupid .
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, Yogi?
View Quote

"I don't think the ranger's going to like that"
Boo Boo
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Hunting over bait.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The Wells Fargo Juneteenth celebration is going on tonight at Miller Outdoor Theater.  Considering we nearly got in a fight the last time we were there (Houston Symphony in the Park, a bunch of years ago), because asking people in the seats to be quiet during the performance is a bridge too far for ghetto hamplanets, I'll sit this one out too.

Haven't been back to Miller since then.  I'm sure the denizens are even less behaved now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If so, nothing will happen. Maybe a small fight but it won't even be World Star worthy.

It's it's a surburban there will be more white people than blacks.

Nobody misses you, karen
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top