[#1]
Just blew through all the videos

Now I'm looking for the nearest icbm silo for sale

Thanks a lot
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, I'd build something more like what Luke's Uncle had.

View Quote
This right here.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah... its my silo. I haven't spent much time on this forum so I don't know what the rules are. If you guys want an AMA or something I'm good with that. Let me know.

GT
View Quote
Welcome to the site

Just finished Opening Part I and I'm already hooked.  I'll be binge watching for a bit

Don't take any criticisms around here to heart; if you read through a few threads you'll realize that opinions, bickering, condescending commentating, and trolling are a sport to GD.  They almost seem to thrive on it.  Nonetheless, there's a lot of good people here.  Please keep us updated on your progress
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
As someone who buys abandoned, condemned, vacant properties this turns me on to a whole new level lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm a bit surprised you guys didn't link to this video. :-)

Dressing Tactically.
View Quote
Lolol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool video. Naturally, I had to watch all of them. Looks like a fun project, but it seems unthinkable to even start it unless you plan to restore the actual silo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
That one long tunnel would make a nice gun range...
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Opening that vault door with all that water behind it was crazy, but awesome to watch.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Binge watched the whole thing, thought it was cool and an amazing project.
Hell, shit like this makes me put a couple bucks on the powerball...

I saw the bulkhead go up, did he ever say why he blocked off the missle silo without trying to see what he was working with?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#10]
So I've found myself wasting my entire Saturday away watching the series.  Thank you!

This shit is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Binge watched the whole thing, thought it was cool and an amazing project.
Hell, shit like this makes me put a couple bucks on the powerball...

I saw the bulkhead go up, did he ever say why he blocked off the missle silo without trying to see what he was working with?
View Quote
He said the silo was full of concrete chunks, gravel and a massive volume of water.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#12]
"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."  
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He said the silo was full of concrete chunks, gravel and a massive volume of water.
View Quote
Don't forget the theodolite!
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
How the hell is he the only person on this site that has a missle silo?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't stop watching either. On SE1 E16.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How the hell is he the only person on this site that has a missle silo?
View Quote
Probably because of the same reasons he has spent a fortune on this one and all of the goodies are gone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can't stop watching either. On SE1 E16.
View Quote
Yeah I just finished watching them all.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Example of very well off dude wasting his money & life

Drugs... - Check

Stripper... - Check

Missile Silo... - Check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7qliVpGEk0
View Quote
Right, so wasting how?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That one long tunnel would make a nice gun range...
View Quote
I thought the same thing. As soon as he said in the one video he wants to do a one lane bowling alley I was like, "NOOOOO GUN RANGE!!!!"

I'm curious if he's going to eventually do something with the silo itself. Seems a waste if not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#20]
At least if you burn money in a fireplace you get some radiant heat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Up through S1E20.  Why would you weld those elephant tusk tubes to the eight utility tubes going into the LCC before cleaning out the tubes?  You would have had a better chance to snake something down to clean out the tubes.

Having redundant vents for the septic system seems prudent.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#22]
S1E21 (Entry Portal) is great so far.  If you don't watch any others, watch this one.

EP20 - Rebuilding the Access Portal
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#23]
No concern about asbestos.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
EXACTLY.  "SALT" requirements stated that deactivated missle silos must be destroyed and rendered incapable of being easily reactivated.   However, totally removing a launch complex with a missle tube that is 150 feet deep is problematic, so most just had the surface stuff removed and backfilled.

The only surviving Titan launch site is in Green Valley, AZ, as a museum.  The lid over the silo is permanent fixed half-open, with a glass cover over the other half, revealing the deactivated missle sitting inside.  This allows Russian recon. satellites to confirm it's inactive status.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Might as well build a new bunker. Why the hell did the government demo them if they were going to sell them?
Probably a requirement of a nuclear missile reduction treaty.
EXACTLY.  "SALT" requirements stated that deactivated missle silos must be destroyed and rendered incapable of being easily reactivated.   However, totally removing a launch complex with a missle tube that is 150 feet deep is problematic, so most just had the surface stuff removed and backfilled.

The only surviving Titan launch site is in Green Valley, AZ, as a museum.  The lid over the silo is permanent fixed half-open, with a glass cover over the other half, revealing the deactivated missle sitting inside.  This allows Russian recon. satellites to confirm it's inactive status.
That and the fact they can buy a ticket and tour the facility inside and out...  

I think the only Silos that were not really wrecked are the Atlas E & F sites, because those missiles were deactivated & properties sold long before the SALT treaties.

The Atlas E sites are considered the most valuable as they are the Hardened Coffin (horizontal storage) which creates a large useful horizontal interior volume.  Most of the facility is underground - earth covered.

There are several in Kansas that were converted by their new owners to workshops and other uses after the Air Force

One of the Atlas F sites is the conversion to the Luxury Doomsday Condos with the former silo verticle space subdivided with different floors for each occupant...

New York (Plattsburg I think)

Question to the Silo Owner - Did you hire a few strippers for your "Mascots"?  If you survive the Russian Doomsday Machine (A.K.A. Dr. Strangelove) the women will have to be of a "highly stimulating nature"...
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:58:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I just watched 2 hours of vids, pretty interesting.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top