Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Consoles are for wankers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine day 1 from Sony. I did the ray race multiple days on multiple sites trying to help my brother find one or find my daughter one. He got his and she's not that worried about it so I'll just buy her one when they're readily available. Fuck the shit they're pulling making things so difficult for everyone expect people with bots
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fucking bots have ruined all the releases this year. I was ready for the RTX 3070 launch and the November XBOX launch. In both cases the sites crashed right at release time and everyone spent 5 minutes refreshing only to have the site come back up and show OOS. I dont recall seeing even one person here or anywhere online confirm that they actually got one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The PS5 release has been a complete disaster. Lol. Such a shitshow, every single time there's a restock anywhere.

I'll wait til I can casually stroll into a store and buy one off the shelf. Maybe the disc drives won't sound like a dust-filled PS3 by then. I've seen too many videos to want to gamble.

Fucking bots have ruined all the releases this year. I was ready for the RTX 3070 launch and the November XBOX launch. In both cases the sites crashed right at release time and everyone spent 5 minutes refreshing only to have the site come back up and show OOS. I dont recall seeing even one person here or anywhere online confirm that they actually got one.

Yep. It seems most retailers don't have anything in place to fight bot usage. Some stores were doing order online, but local pick up only, which is sort of a preventative measure. But you're still competing with a metric shit ton of people, unless you live in some tiny town in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

CP2077 hasn't been optimized for the new consoles yet, you can play it on them and it runs smoother, but the full new gen release wont come until January IIRC. I'm playing it on PC anyway. I wish they would have made it playable across platforms so i could use either at any time.
View Quote

CyberPunk 2077 hasn't been optimized for any consoles yet. It's a complete clusterfuck. They're issuing refunds.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are several people here on arfcom with 3070s and even 3080s.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks OP

you made my kids’ Christmas morning.

-Mike
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I was able to order 2 today, 1 from Best Buy and the other from Walmart. I had to select a store in FL for my BB pick up since I'll be there for Xmas, as long as that goes smoothly I'll cancel the WM order that is supposed to come in January.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Plebes. I've been playing ps5 since launch day. Already maxed out prestige in the new call of duty (until the next season anyway) weeks ago
View Quote
Laughs in VR PC master race.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guys, the retailers just released more XBOX S/Xs and PS5s.

Walmart and BestBuy are adding inventory every few minutes in an effort to prevent the issues of the last few releases.

I got a Series X

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-series-x-1tb-console-black/6428324.p?skuId=6428324

https://www.walmart.com/ip/XB1-Xbox-Series-X/443574645

ETA: I almost got a Series X at around 3:10pm but the site kept crashing when trying to place the order. It screwed up my CC and I had to call the bank to release the hold, they were OOS and it was removed from my cart by the time I could try again. At 3:23ish I was able to get my order placed and confirmed.

ETA 2: My xbox is due by January 8th, after XMas, but better than even later.
View Quote

WalMart at least has a banner telling you the date and time. Best Buy doesn’t say. How do you know when Best Buy are going to list the PS5?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck that shit .. my son has to wait.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Had bestbuy xbox x at last step of checkout but then remembered I just got a 3060 rtx ti and that I prefer pc gaming.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I want an X, but I'm not really desperate for one.  I'd rather wait and maybe some kid who really wants one will have their Christmas made as a result.  I'll just get one when the craziness dies down a bit.

That said, if they had them actually in stores and I happened across one as they were brought out, I'd probably pick one up.  As I understand it though, basically every vendor is doing online sales only.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#13]
For those of you looking to get an edge on re-stocks:
https://github.com/jef/streetmerchant/

Notifies on in stock.  Recommend you run it from a VPN and have a separate pc or laptop up logged into the site's you'll buy from.   VPN in case sites like newegg temp ban your ip for too many refreshes.

1.  Be logged in, password handy in case it asks again for it

2.  Have cc info already saved on file at your store, best buy, newegg, whatever.

3.  Have cell phone ready in case verification code or emails get sent.

4. Monitor discord sites or twitch live feeds to get heads up on stock drops.

5.  Some luck!!

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I've only had my XB1X for about two years. It'll be awhile before I upgrade to a next gen. I just don't game that much anymore and most FPS games which is what I mostly play are so boring to me now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want an X, but I'm not really desperate for one.  I'd rather wait and maybe some kid who really wants one will have their Christmas made as a result.  I'll just get one when the craziness dies down a bit.

That said, if they had them actually in stores and I happened across one as they were brought out, I'd probably pick one up.  As I understand it though, basically every vendor is doing online sales only.
View Quote

And it’s total horseshit.  They are selling every fukin other thing in store.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only 2 that I know of that at least require store pickup are Best Buy and Target. I think it should help a little because at least the scalpers using bots probably aren't going to want to drive but so far.

Best Buy seems to announce their stock refreshes about a day in advance. I have not seen Target announce or have stock since launch day. Walmart has not officially announced their restocks from what I've seen other than a message on the page saying a specific time a few hours in advance. I almost got one about 3 weeks ago by refreshing and seeing "consoles will be on sale at XX time". Today I got lucky and refreshed around 2:30ish and saw the 3pm message.

I'm pretty sure Tuesday seems to be the day most vendors are getting stock, the last time I almost got one was a Tuesday. With any luck they'll get another batch out next week just before Xmas.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Got an Xbox Series X myself. Don't really want it though.  

Worth trying to flip? Delivery date is some weeks from now.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks OP

you made my kids’ Christmas morning.

-Mike
View Quote

Had one in my cart and was through checkout and just about to submit the order. Decided that I needed to buy some other things before an xbox. I hope you got the one I had, making a kids Christmas is much more important than me just wanting it to game
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My last game console was literally an Atari 2600.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Laughs at having to sell your soul to mark zuckerburg to play a game.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Trix are for kids, same with X-Boxes. The younger generations play games rather than all the better real life alternatives. The multiple exclamation points in OP's post tells you all you need to know about them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I can play Splinter Cell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that was money towards nightvision

I can play Splinter Cell

Heh heh, look at 'im, he ain't even got white phosphorus!

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Trix are for kids, same with X-Boxes. The younger generations play games rather than all the better real life alternatives. The multiple exclamation points in OP's post tells you all you need to know about them.
View Quote

Not even close dude...

SO far off the mark...

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm fine waiting for a PS5.

The only game that's out for it now that I want to play is the Demon's Souls remake, but since I already played the original on PS3 I'm not too worried about it.

XBOX is for kids and boomers who want to pretend they are gamers.

Plus I've got plenty to play on PC with Cyberpunk and WoW.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Couldn't resist the urge to try for this morning's Target restock (online order, local pick up only). Managed to get a PS5 disc version. Glad to be done with the hunt.

Now let's hope I don't have any launch version issues.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Got shipping notice today that my Series X shipped from Walmart. When I ordered it was showing expected by Jan 8th, but is now expected to be delivered by FedEx on the 26th. It's in MI, so it's very possible I could see it show up Xmas Eve.

ETA: Walmart says 12/26 and FedEx says 12/24, hope FedEx is right.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top