Page / 557
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
200 1st!
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, I'd rather lose than have someone say I ran a college defense...

View Quote
It's too easy for an NFL QB to beat man coverage.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'd rather lose than have someone say I ran a college defense...

Then you play a hybrid man-zone that always keeps Kelce doubled.  That's why the DCs get paid, to come up with schemes that work.  Just throwing up your hands and saying "nothing will work!" is lazy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#4]

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING!

Dude was cleared to play, then decided not to right before the game. Then he had a full bye week. Then he didn't even practice this week.

Shit don't add up.

Edit: Awww snap. Josina Anderson in fucking shambles right now.

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Then you play a hybrid man-zone that always keeps Kelce doubled.  That's why the DCs get paid, to come up with schemes that work.  Just throwing up your hands and saying "nothing will work!" is lazy.
View Quote
Holding the Non-Contender to 19 is a pretty good job.  Broncos offense sucked hard last night.  It's hard to win when you score zero.  Yeah, Kelce was open all night, but no one else really was. With a good QB like Mahomes, it's kinda pick your poison.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Holding the Non-Contender to 19 is a pretty good job.  Broncos offense sucked hard last night.  It's hard to win when you score zero.  Yeah, Kelce was open all night, but no one else really was. With a good QB like Mahomes, it's kinda pick your poison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except the WR corps of the Chiefs has been pretty bad.  They had two weapons, Pacheco and Kelce.  Period.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Man coverage is for college teams.  Kelce has enough experience to find the gaps in the zones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Man coverage is for college teams.  Kelce has enough experience to find the gaps in the zones.

This is certainly a take.

Quoted:

It's mostly up to receivers to beat coverage.

Sure, a QB can try to displace defenders by looking away from their targets and they might have the opportunity to "throw a receiver open," but the receivers have to be able to do their part.

Last season, the Chiefs ate zone coverage when Kelce and JuJu were on the field, but things were tougher when they faced man.

Now JuJu is gone, Kelce has two lingering leg injuries, and the WR room mostly sucks.

It doesn't help that Mahomes has been in a bit of a slump the past few weeks, but even when he's on, there's often just nowhere for him to go with the ball.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Mary Kay Cabot, over at Cleveland.com, is reporting that Watson has a "rotator cuff contusion". He could "miss multiple more games" and won't play until he is "pain free".

Then goes on blabbering about how his contusion is "more than just a run-of-the-mill bruise". Calling it a "deep contusion" that "functions more like a strain".

I bet he's getting plenty of shoulder massages for his bruise.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mary Kay Cabot, over at Cleveland.com, is reporting that Watson has a "rotator cuff contusion". He could "miss multiple more games" and won't play until he is "pain free".

Then goes on blabbering about how his contusion is "more than just a run-of-the-mill bruise". Calling it a "deep contusion" that "functions more like a strain".

View Quote

Imagine if every NFL player refused to play unless they were completely “pain free.”

Every week the majority of the league would be out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Imagine if every NFL player refused to play unless they were completely "pain free."

View Quote
The dude straight up skipped practice. Not limited participation... He is marked straight "DID NOT PARTICIPATE" all week long. And it has been 13 days since he decided minutes before kickoff not to play because it "didn't feel right".

Mother fucker, don't church it up Dirt. You are straight silent quitting on your team with your "deep" bruise.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Imagine if every NFL player refused to play unless they were completely "pain free."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lazy ass should have worked at my job.

Always hurting but still lifting and driving.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Tinfoil hat time: I think Andy Reid is toying with us, experimenting with his WR group to see what/ who works, and what doesnt NOW, so that hes prepared and ready LATER.

I will not put anything past the Chiefs, and I have the utmost respect for Reid and Mahomes, theyre ballers. Even as a lifelong Bills fan, I can see and respect that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The dude straight up skipped practice. Not limited participation... He is marked straight "DID NOT PARTICIPATE" all week long. And it has been 13 days since he decided minutes before kickoff not to play because it "didn't feel right".

Mother fucker, don't church it up Dirt. You are straight silent quitting on your team with your "deep" bruise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate this for the guys on the team that want to play ball and win. Theyve got a bunch of guys Id love to see the Bills get, but if theyre in it for the max money and not the competition, the Bills could never afford them
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What’s the deal with this?

Denver goes after him & pays him, then restructures & cuts him just so somebody else can pick him up cheap?
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hate this for the guys on the team that want to play ball and win. Theyve got a bunch of guys Id love to see the Bills get, but if theyre in it for the max money and not the competition, the Bills could never afford them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't recall any franchise QB sitting out despite being cleared to play.

Rodgers kept playing with a fucking fractured leg bone
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony Romo returned to a game with broken ribs and a punctured lung and had a double digit comeback win on the road against a team that would finish 13-3.

Watson won't play because of a bruise.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guaranteed contracts are the death of the NFL
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have no idea what he has left in the tank, but I think he needs 1-2 postseason sacks to punch his ticket to Canton. The Chiefs are probably the best place for him to get that opportunity... if they can find space for him.

Quoted:

What’s the deal with this?

Denver goes after him & pays him, then restructures & cuts him just so somebody else can pick him up cheap?
View Quote

It's complicated.

My understanding is he wanted money, and the Chiefs needed cap relief, he got cut, and Denver was the highest bidder.

I think the theory was Denver needed depth and veteran talent to fill in while they were getting new guys like Nik Bonitto online.

I think the reality just didn't work out. Clark probably wasn't reliable enough for Denver's needs, their young guys are doing okay, and Clark probably has a bunch of reasons to want to GTFO. There are a lot of problems with that team, and Clark probably decided he didn't want to stick around.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 2:40:17 AM EDT
[#22]
This ‘Broncos watch party’ Halloween display captures the pain of another brutal season
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Per The Athletic, they were fired for a “professionally unethical romantic relationship”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that was quick... For both of them. A few months each. I await some hopefully entertaining news.

Edit: Roth didn't even make it a full 3 months.

Per The Athletic, they were fired for a “professionally unethical romantic relationship”

That happened to a natipnal VP and a regional HR director in a company that I worked for in the late 90's. They are married to this day. Gotta be at least 25 years between their ages.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#24]

That's pretty good.

Needs more horse skeleton..
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Here you can see that this entire report is Jefferson's agent talking to Schef:

"If the Vikings are unable to remain competitive, Jefferson would be expected to consider the reality that he and the organization did not come to an agreement on a long-term contract extension before this season. The deal likely would have made Jefferson the highest-paid non-quarterback offensive player in NFL history, and his price is not expected to drop.

As competitive as Jefferson is and as much as he would like to be there for his team, he will have to ask himself whether a return this season is worth the risk of long-term injury if the Vikings have fallen out of the playoff race."
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Kirk Herbstreit and Al Michaels on Amazon TNF were the worst announcing duo I’ve heard this season.

NBC said “hold my beer.”

For #10 USC @ #21 Notre Dame in prime time, here is the announcing duo NBC selected:

- Jason Garrett

- Chris Collinsworth’s son
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vince Young once refused to re-enter a game with the Titans. He was pulled for shitty play & then the back-up got hurt. Young told Jeff Fisher "no thanks" & took off his shoulder pads.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Browns haven't allowed an opening TD Drive all season.

McCaffrey ties the record for most consecutive games with a touchdown on their opening drive.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#33]
The Sunday night game tonight.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh look. The 2007 Dolphins showed up for the first quarter…….
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Attachment Attached File

I was hoping to make a plus money value bet on the Dolphins to win, but Vegas still has them as a -170 favorite to win SU.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/A0D0B0E1-027C-48D5-A683-5CAF00B395A2_jpe-2992798.JPG

I was hoping to make a plus money value bet on the Dolphins to win, but Vegas still has them as a -170 favorite to win SU.
View Quote

That's because it's tied at 14 now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Burrow just made the most incredible scramble ending in a completion.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Burrow just made the most incredible scramble ending in a completion.
View Quote

And then he throws a pick. Chase was clearly pushed off the ball but whatever.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I mostly root for upsets.
Then I feel like life isn't fair because my teams mostly lose.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Browns tie it up at 10-10.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#42]
And they just picked Purdy to prevent a score
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I want to believe.
But the Browns are well, the Browns.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And they just picked Purdy to prevent a score
View Quote

Great!
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Browns bringing the D today
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Fantasy Football fucks up my football rooting...

Ive got Purdy in one league, and Aiyuk in another, but Im pulling for the Browns to win
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#48]
FGs aren't going to cut it against the 49ers unfortunately
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I want to believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to believe.

Even with the lead, I still don't believe they'll win.  Purdy is playing bad and the Browns D is playing very good.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Watching vikes and bears game.

At least the bears are playing with some heart.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top