Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

If this was real chargers social media team truly would be undefeated.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fake but funny anyways. The Chargers and injuries go together like jelly and peanut butter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:25:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fake but funny anyways. The Chargers and injuries go together like jelly and peanut butter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have a true franchise qb, mack had an insane resurgence. they have talent everywhere and they can't get out of their own way. it's insane.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#5]
His post game comments.

Dude is delusional.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

they have a true franchise qb, mack had an insane resurgence. they have talent everywhere and they can't get out of their own way. it's insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I blame the owner and it all rolls down from Spanos.

They've had the same GM since 2013 despite having a losing record.

How many other franchises keep the GM around having a losing record over a decade?

Not the coach. Every coach that goes in there is playing like Tanya Harding knee capped them during the interview process.

They've only had one GM with a winning record since the 80's. That is 4/5 since I was born and have had losing records.

The only way to fix the Chargers is to force an ownership change and that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

The NFL is much slower rolling than other sports leagues and takes a lot longer to force change and it better be for a good reason. Spanos won't lose control anytime soon.

Snyder was able to use the cheerleaders as an unsolicited sex group, change the team's name because of fake outrage, create a terrible front office workplace, and run a dilapidated stadium while holding off pressure for year and years.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:09:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Every coach in the NFL has had a game where they were losing by 56+ points early in the 4th quarter?

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Every coach in the NFL has had a game where they were losing by 56+ points early in the 4th quarter?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

63 points beats a lot of teams records for the most they've ever given up
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:24:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I did a brief search and the most the Packers have given up was 61 in 1980.

Not quite the definition of 'every coach' as Staley said
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:40:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Aiden O’Connell

3-4 W/L, 1,624 Yards, 9 TDs, 9 Turnovers

Bryce Young

1-11 W/L, 2,393 Yards, 9 TDs, 17 Turnovers

Aiden O’Connell

2023 4th Rd (135 overall)

Bryce Young

2023 1st Rd (9 overall)
2023 2nd Rd (61 overall)
2024 1st Rd (1 overall)
2025 2nd Rd
WR DJ Moore
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:45:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Carolina traded…

RB Christian McCaffrey
WR DJ Moore
2023 1st Rd (9 overall)
2023 2nd Rd (61 overall)
2024 1st Rd (1 overall)
2025 2nd Rd

In order to acquire…

QB Bryce Young
LB DJ Johnson
2024 5th Rd Pick via SF
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#12]
And folks get paid millions to make those decisions.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The NFCN is in a weird state. Lions will probably win it but they have lost 2 out of their last 3 games with both the Packers and Vikings on their heels.

Weird schedule where the Vikings play the Lions 2 out of their last 3 games. Should be more spread out throughout the season playing in your own division

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a Vikings fan and amazed at where their coach has them with all of their injuries. He has the team believing in themselves, they realistically shouldn't be in contention for the playoffs, yet they are.

The NFCN is in a weird state. Lions will probably win it but they have lost 2 out of their last 3 games with both the Packers and Vikings on their heels.

Weird schedule where the Vikings play the Lions 2 out of their last 3 games. Should be more spread out throughout the season playing in your own division

The Lions should be walking away with the division, but they're making it a race. There is something wrong with the Vikings schedule like you mentioned. They should play teams in their division once in each half of the season, not twice in the last 3 games.

As it is, the Vikings have a chance to win the decision, or miss the playoffs.  The last three games are Lions, Packers, Lions. Vikings win out and Lions continue to struggle, Vikings win division. I suppose it's even possible three teams from the north make the playoffs. If that happens, it's possible they all lose their first playoff game. Unless they play each other,of course
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#14]

he needs to go teach history then...ffs is he fired yet?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Well. I was not expecting to wake up to this. I did not even turn on the game or check scores. Now I want to watch the highlight vid.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well. I was not expecting to wake up to this. I did not even turn on the game or check scores. Now I want to watch the highlight vid.
View Quote

Check out that one handed pick 6 by Jack Jones.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Turned it off when it was 21-0.

Didn't expect it to be THAT BAD when I got up this morning.

LOL
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Easton Stick. That kid picked the wrong sport.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#19]
This ones for H-K

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Of all the embarrassing things that happened to the Chargers last night, that might have been the most egregious.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How many other franchises keep the GM around having a losing record over a decade?

Not the coach. Every coach that goes in there is playing like Tanya Harding knee capped them during the interview process.

They've only had one GM with a winning record since the 80's. That is 4/5 since I was born and have had losing records.

The only way to fix the Chargers is to force an ownership change and that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

The NFL is much slower rolling than other sports leagues and takes a lot longer to force change and it better be for a good reason. Spanos won't lose control anytime soon.

Snyder was able to use the cheerleaders as an unsolicited sex group, change the team's name because of fake outrage, create a terrible front office workplace, and run a dilapidated stadium while holding off pressure for year and years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it.

Staley is just the low hanging fruit, and a lot of the criticism about him has been low IQ takes about 4th down calls rather than his crap defense schemes and other issues. The obvious problems with the Chargers pre-date Staley and they will continue long after he's gone.

The interesting thing about the Chargers is how many people think they have this tremendously awesome and talented roster. I admit falling into that trap, but when you look at it, it's not great. How many guys do they have that are top 10 at their position, and how many are actually available?

Herbert is damn good, but at the end of season 4, he will have 2 complete seasons, and one of those was him gritting through a painful chest injury.

Keenan Allen is really good, but he's about to be 32, and he's had one complete season in the last 5 years.

Slater is one of the better OTs in the league, but he played 3 games last year.

Mack is suddenly good again, but he's 33.

Derwin James has allowed an 80%+ passer rating when targeted in 4 of his 5 seasons. This year, it's 93.2 (ironically, this is Herbert's number for the end of the 2023 season). He hasn't had a complete season since 2018, and he missed all of 2020.

Ekeler has also only had one complete season in the last 5 years, and this year he's averaging 3.6 ypc.

These are the Chargers best players.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This guy gets it.

Staley is just the low hanging fruit, and a lot of the criticism about him has been low IQ takes about 4th down calls rather than his crap defense schemes and other issues. The obvious problems with the Chargers pre-date Staley and they will continue long after he's gone.

The interesting thing about the Chargers is how many people think they have this tremendously awesome and talented roster. I admit falling into that trap, but when you look at it, it's not great. How many guys do they have that are top 10 at their position, and how many are actually available?

Herbert is damn good, but at the end of season 4, he will have 2 complete seasons, and one of those was him gritting through a painful chest injury.

Keenan Allen is really good, but he's about to be 32, and he's had one complete season in the last 5 years.

Derwin James has allowed an 80%+ passer rating when targeted in 4 of his 5 seasons. This year, it's 93.2 (ironically, this is Herbert's number for the end of the 2023 season). He hasn't had a complete season since 2018, and he missed all of 2020.

Ekeler has also only had one complete season in the last 5 years, and this year he's averaging 3.6 ypc.

View Quote

Had they NOT drafted Herbert they'd be bears level bad right now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it.

It's been longer than that.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Of all the embarrassing things that happened to the Chargers last night, that might have been the most egregious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#25]
The game line for Bills - Cowboys is stupid.

Cowboys straight up is +110.
Cowboys -11.5 is +525.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems silly at first, but shit like this does matter.

Look at Tua's falling down practice / training.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I prefer this version of events.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#29]
As poorly as it is going for the Pats this year, the most points Bill has ever surrendered as a head coach was 47. The largest margin of victory was 35 set just this year (30 was the previous high). He has been a head coach for almost 30 years, 463 reg season games.

Staley just gave up 63 with a margin of 42. He has been a head coach for 3 years, 48 reg season games.

And he did so to the 5-8 Raiders who had a -57 PD and were tied for 28th in points per game (15.5) before last night.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#30]
NFL Network announced their broadcast crews for the Saturday triple header.

Vikings Bengals: Chris Rose, Jason McCourty, Steve Wyche
Steelers Colts: Rich Eisen, Kurt Warner, Jamie Erdahl
Broncos Lions: Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
NFL Network announced their broadcast crews for the Saturday triple header.

Vikings Bengals: Chris Rose, Jason McCourty, Steve Wyche
Steelers Colts: Rich Eisen, Kurt Warner, Jamie Erdahl
Broncos Lions: Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins
View Quote

Back-to-back-to-back standalone nationally televised games featuring backup QB vs backup QB.

THREE in a row.

That has to be a first, right?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they did something similar with Matthew Stafford when he broke each of his collar bones in back to back seasons.

Terry Bradshaw went to him and told him he needs to learn how to get tackled.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Guys get held like that on almost every single play, though.
View All Quotes

Parsons literally gets held like that on every play, though.

He’s got the most QB pressures AND his blocker is rarely called for holding. It’s extremely impressive.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How do you get beat 3-0 then turn around and possibly break the single game scoring record the very next week?

Entering this season there were 3 games in history with 70 pts scored by a team. And those were all 60-80 years ago. Flirting with a 2nd one this season.

Artificially increasing offense and scoring via rules changes and officiating is ruining football. The NBA is unwatchable and boring because it’s nothing but rec ball running up and down the court jacking up 3s and alley oops. Teams went from averaging 85 pts to routinely putting up 120. The NFL isn’t far behind at this pace. It’s turning into college football, which is boring.

I blame the average American who has the attention span of a gnat.

View Quote

Bullshit. College football is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#36]

it’s not Johnny Jolly, but it ain’t far off either.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fucking finally.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Cowboys -11.5 is +525.

View Quote

I’m a huge Dallas fan and that’s dumb.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loathe the Eagles and I wonder why this stuff wasn’t coached before, but I respect Hurts for trying to improve.

I assume they’ll do the same to the other idiots who fumbled during this game and the previous Dallas/Philly game? Or am I giving that huge bitch Sirianni too much credit?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBZ6gqSXQAAXSg1?format=jpg&name=medium

You could have fired them LAST year after that disastrous game against the Jags and had Payton run your program.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#43]
First project for whoever the new GM is:

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You could have fired them LAST year after that disastrous game against the Jags and had Payton run your program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBZ6gqSXQAAXSg1?format=jpg&name=medium

Missing the boat on Sean Payton just to end up with Bill f'ing Belichick is a real thing that might happen. lol

Although, there's should be lots of interest in Belichick, and if NE is smart, they should want trade value for him.

LAC fans should be just as interested in who gets the GM job. Whoever gets it will be starting the game on hard mode.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I loathe the Eagles and I wonder why this stuff wasn’t coached before, but I respect Hurts for trying to improve.

I assume they’ll do the same to the other idiots who fumbled during this game and the previous Dallas/Philly game? Or am I giving that huge bitch Sirianni too much credit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had the same number of fumbles against Dallas in their first game.  The only difference being in the first game they had a horseshoe up their ass allowing them to recover all of them. They then went on to win by the skin of their teeth despite horrifically favorable officiating. It was obvious to anyone that knows football and has even a trace amount of objectivity that the Eagles had some serious problems long before these embarrassing back-to-back losses.  I wouldn’t be shocked if Sirianni only recently figured that out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Back-to-back-to-back standalone nationally televised games featuring backup QB vs backup QB.

THREE in a row.

View Quote

Why are the Broncos and Lions starting their backups?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cowboys -11.5 is +525.

Ok, it makes more sense with this news.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Even worse than the beating they took at the raiders was the 6-0 win at New England with Herbert starting, IMO.

Funny that the Bengals didn't quit after Burrow went down, likewise for the Vikings, Colts, Browns.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THREE in a row.

They aren’t.  The Chargers and Raiders did.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
First project for whoever the new GM is:

View Quote

Now fire the owner.

At least they have Herbert
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top