User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed... a corkscrew for EDC???  If you are spontaneously opening THAT many wine bottles on a regular basis, a dedicated corkscrew will work a lot better and should be on your person.

Takes up a lot of room on an EDC tool for no benefit whatsoever.  No thanks.
View Quote

A spontaneous bottle of wine with your significant other while traveling is exactly why I love the corkscrew.  Do you ever have to undo knots, because it can be used for that as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I use the scissors on my Wave quite a bit.  It's handy for cutting zip ties.
View Quote

And fingernails.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Victorinox Fieldmaster + Knipex XS Cobra pliers FTW
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A spontaneous bottle of wine with your significant other while traveling is exactly why I love the corkscrew.  Do you ever have to undo knots, because it can be used for that as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed... a corkscrew for EDC???  If you are spontaneously opening THAT many wine bottles on a regular basis, a dedicated corkscrew will work a lot better and should be on your person.
Takes up a lot of room on an EDC tool for no benefit whatsoever.  No thanks.

In your case, I can see it.  For me, that would be at most, a once every decade or so use, so I wouldn't care to carry one every day for that extremely rare (and frankly, not terribly important) event.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Small and compact multitool vs a full size one.  Get both!  Or in my case I have three of these because my kids end up getting them.
View Quote

Can you put one up against something common to compare size?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can you put one up against something common to compare size?
View Quote

Sorry no ability to do that directly without a paid account.  You could find it easily on YouTube though.  The difference in size is dramatic but the pocket sized juice is extremely capable for everyday and outdoor tasks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In your case, I can see it.  For me, that would be at most, a once every decade or so use, so I wouldn't care to carry one every day for that extremely rare (and frankly, not terribly important) event.
View Quote

Once a decade, it sounds like you need to start carrying a juice so you create opportunities to use your tools.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have managed to go thru two S2’s over about 10:years of work.  They only good thing about them is they fit in your pocket.  I did buy a nylon belt sheath for the second one to keep it from rubbing a hole in my jeans.   They get loose pretty quick.  The knife needs sharpened a lot.  I retired both and currently run a Victorinox Spirt X on my belt.  No regrets.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Original Wave and Second Gen Wave for the win!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have managed to go thru two S2’s over about 10:years of work.  They only good thing about them is they fit in your pocket.  I did buy a nylon belt sheath for the second one to keep it from rubbing a hole in my jeans.   They get loose pretty quick.  The knife needs sharpened a lot.  I retired both and currently run a Victorinox Spirt X on my belt.  No regrets.
View Quote

Haven’t had the pleasure to use the Spirit X, but that is more comparable with a Wave than an S2.  No doubt, those bigger blades are better for repeated use.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Leatherman has decided, from now on, only to make multitools that are not as good as this one. It was a tough call, but all future models will be shittier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For us who don't know, why is this the one to move on?

Leatherman has decided, from now on, only to make multitools that are not as good as this one. It was a tough call, but all future models will be shittier.

Rofl
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You don't always have a truck full of tools handy.  I've fixed plenty of things with my OG Leatherman when no other tools were available or handy. I always travel with one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't really understand those things. They don't do anything well. Just go get the right tool for the job out of the truck.

I watched a guy fuck with his for a few minutes in the middle of a job trying to pull a recoil off a machine that went down. He had one bolt out in the time it took me to walk to the truck and grab a socket set.

You don't always have a truck full of tools handy.  I've fixed plenty of things with my OG Leatherman when no other tools were available or handy. I always travel with one.

Maybe you don't.

If we are on a job, my truck is nearby.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use the scissors on my Wave quite a bit.  It's handy for cutting zip ties.
View Quote

Huh.  I've never tried that.  I know I tried to cut off Irish pennants on uniforms, and it was useless.  Knife worked better.
I always just used the wire-cutters for zip-ties.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Damn, can't recall, will have to check it at home (yeah, can't carry at work, on a three-letter-agency campus, on a military base...

ROCK6
View Quote

Thanks for taking a look. I bought a 365 XL a couple months ago and haven’t picked up a holster for it. That looks like what I’m looking for.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Fuck joe Biden. Name a better multi tool with a better lifetime warranty.

I edc a wave plus
View Quote
and i use the warranty

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The small size and tool selection make this one of the best combos Leatherman made.  It is one of the only ones with a corkscrew and as a wine drinker I have needed that tool quite often.  At the very least this tool will be a collector’s item and it will only go up in price.
View Quote

Kidding right? I actively avoid knives and tools with a corkscrew.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like you need to drink more wine. :p
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

The profile and pocketability of the juice is a major part of its desirability.  The corkscrew may not be all that interesting to you unless you drink wine or work with cordage, but it doesn’t negate the rest of the tools.  There is no multitool that I love every tool it has, but sometimes they are all I have at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Only time I've used the corkscrew on mine is to remove dirt from the open end of tent poles - never used it on on a cork...

Like someone else asked, is there a 2A-friendly multitool company?
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck leatheman
And benchmade
And Joe Biden
View Quote

Yes.  I thought that was the correct answer before clicking.

Link Posted: 10/23/2022 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#21]
$80 for a Juice? That's insane, even considering inflation.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
$80 for a Juice? That's insane, even considering inflation.
View Quote

You will pay more for a used on EBay.  Supply and Demand.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top