Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
So was this the equivalent of bringing a Waffle House hoodrat into a 5 star restaurant with a heart warming story line, that instead ended as predicted??
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF kind of debate is this we're having? You asked a question. I answered it directly.

I'll repeat my answer:

Because of the data, I'm fine with banning them. In light of the facts I think a ban may be appropriate. Why should they not be? Other than dog fighting (which is illegal), what traits to pits possess that other breeds of dogs don't do better and with a better safety record?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Answered above..
Asked above...
WTF kind of debate is this we're having? You asked a question. I answered it directly.

I'll repeat my answer:

Because of the data, I'm fine with banning them. In light of the facts I think a ban may be appropriate. Why should they not be? Other than dog fighting (which is illegal), what traits to pits possess that other breeds of dogs don't do better and with a better safety record?
What are you banning? How are you defining it? What do you hope to accomplish with the ban? How will your ban accomplish that? What side effects do you think your ban will have?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t want a government that would enact a ban of a breed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit dog for shit owner.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Will we have pre- and post-ban pitbulls?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
If that was my Husky I would have beat the living fuck out of that Pit !
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What are you banning? How are you defining it? What do you hope to accomplish with the ban? How will your ban accomplish that? What side effects do you think your ban will have?
View Quote
The idea would be to eliminate the existence of American pitbull terriers (maybe we should consider changing that to "purpose bred fighting dogs to include APTs" in the USA. The goal would be to reduce the hazards faced by society posed by APTs. If there are no more pitbulls then no one can be killed or maimed by pitbulls. I think the side effects will include trailer park tears.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you approve of a government that bans the private ownership of brown bears?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What about them?

There are millions of dog bites and attacks every year, all in varying degrees of severity from no injury whatsoever to death. By far, the vast majority of them are perpetrated by mutts. Mixed up, muttly, irresponsibly bred mongrels.

What's your point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about the non-lethal attacks? What about fatal non-human attacks.

If the statistics where more like you describe we wouldn't even have this thread.
What about them?

There are millions of dog bites and attacks every year, all in varying degrees of severity from no injury whatsoever to death. By far, the vast majority of them are perpetrated by mutts. Mixed up, muttly, irresponsibly bred mongrels.

What's your point?
My point is there is a big difference between scraps between most dogs and an altercation with a pit.

The majority might be mutts but the most damaging ones are from pits.

There was a post on Facebook by a pit rescue group. The dog in question was praised as being "so pretty" and "so sweet" that I would be a shame for her not to find a forever family.

But that family can't have any other dogs because she killed the last one.

To pretend they are no different than any other breed is some deep denial.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Simply pass a law that holds the owner criminally responsible for anything their dog does.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you REALLY comparing dogs to bears?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The idea would be to eliminate the existence of American pitbull terriers (maybe we should consider changing that to "purpose bred fighting dogs to include APTs" in the USA. The goal would be to reduce the hazards faced by society posed by APTs. If there are no more pitbulls then no one can be killed or maimed by pitbulls. I think the side effects will include trailer park tears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, eliminate the registered American Pit Bull Terriers? Or just dogs with certain features, and if so, which ones? Would people have to prove their dog isn’t a banned dog? How is this enforced?

Furthermore, why are only problems caused by these particular dogs your concern? Is a person less dead if they are killed by another breed? Why not address similar levels of damage with similar legal responsibility and culpability?

Lastly, do you suppose less savory elements of society (those most likely to own and produce problem animals) are likely to abide by enacted breed specific legislation? If the legislation works to eradicate this particular breed (as you so desire), what happens to the next breed they fixate on? Do you have a follow up plan?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#13]
pitiful
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not? It's a helluva lot more fair than comparing them to guns or humans.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not really. Wild animal vs. animal that’s been domesticated for thousands of years. In that respect, dogs are much closer to human than bears, although you could certainly pick another domesticated animal for comparison.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Comparing dogs to guns is dumb.

However....

A government that would enact and enforce a ban on particular dog breeds, will not hesitate to enact a ban on guns.

No conservative Government would allow it.

If you doubt this, look at the cities, states and nations that have breed-specific bans.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Meh.
Pete the dog from the Little Rascals was a pit and he never ate anyone.......
Pits are have 4 legs and a stronger bite but its no more dangerous than any other large , strong animal.

Dog show?
Take a walk and see what happens in nature, its far worse than some chewing at a dog show.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, eliminate the registered American Pit Bull Terriers? Or just dogs with certain features, and if so, which ones? Would people have to prove their dog isn’t a banned dog? How is this enforced?

Furthermore, why are only problems caused by these particular dogs your concern? Is a person less dead if they are killed by another breed? Why not address similar levels of damage with similar legal responsibility and culpability?

Lastly, do you suppose less savory elements of society (those most likely to own and produce problem animals) are likely to abide by enacted breed specific legislation? If the legislation works to eradicate this particular breed (as you so desire), what happens to the next breed they fixate on? Do you have a follow up plan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody gives a shit about features or dog shoulder things that go up. It's the combination of size and fighting mentality that make it so dangerous.

Look, here's the no-brainer here... Nobody has any protected right to own any kind of animal. If for some fucked up reason a  legislative body wanted to ban all dogs of all species then it would not be unconstitutional. You have no protected rights to them either enumerated or uneneumerated. Private ownership of animals is banned all the time.

Can dog breeds be specified by genetics? I don't fuckin know. But I guarantee this is a conversation that people well educated on the topic could hash out and figure out a way to solve.

Why is it so important to have pitbulls?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not really. Wild animal vs. animal that’s been domesticated for thousands of years. In that respect, dogs are much closer to human than bears, although you could certainly pick another domesticated animal for comparison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dogs, like bears, have no rights like humans do. Pitbulls have been "domesticated" in a manner far different than most dogs. They've been bred to fight other dogs. A sport that is illegal here anyway.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nobody gives a shit about features or dog shoulder things that go up. It's the combination of size and fighting mentality that make it so dangerous.

Look, here's the no-brainer here... Nobody has any protected right to own any kind of animal. If for some fucked up reason a  legislative body wanted to ban all dogs of all species then it would not be unconstitutional. You have no protected rights to them either enumerated or uneneumerated. Private ownership of animals is banned all the time.

Can dog breeds be specified by genetics? I don't fuckin know. But I guarantee this is a conversation that people well educated on the topic could hash out and figure out a way to solve.

View Quote
Because it’s not the government’s place to regulate such things. Legislation enacted “for safety and the children” doesn’t ever work as intended and is knee jerk, feel good, useless tripe.

FWIW, I am a person well educated on the topic.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Pitbull attacked another dog.

Other dog is alive and well and was treated on the spot as per the article.

I have concluded that the pitbull in the video was indeed a fake chinese knockoff of a real pitbull.

I have seen the chinese at a few dog shows here in the US taking pictures. I thought it was for their new menu but apparently they are cloning our dogs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Fudge
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Your dog may be awesome. I doubt it, but maybe.

That doesnt change the fact that pibbles are responsible for the overwhelming percentage of serious dog bites (requiring medical attention or causing death). They were bred for strength and aggression. Full stop.

Guns and pit boos is a terrible comparison. My gun does not have free will and cannot spontaneously shoot someone. You're the one using gun grabber logic here.
View Quote
I am no fan of pits, but I'd much rather the whole "full stop" stuff go away instead.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Dogs, like bears, have no rights like humans do. Pitbulls have been "domesticated" in a manner far different than most dogs. They've been bred to fight other dogs. A sport that is illegal here anyway.
View Quote
Many breeds have been bred to fight other dogs. So?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why do all these busybodies spend SO much time worrying about the dogs that other people choose to own?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus, when are we going to end that fucking breed?  Useless fucking animals
This x100.

You do not love dogs if you think a pit is a good dog.
I love my pitbull.  She is the best dog I have ever seen, loyal smart well behaved.

Most people who hate pitbulls have never owned one, just like most people who hate guns.
Why do all these busybodies spend SO much time worrying about the dogs that other people choose to own?
Because PBTs are not appliances. They indeed are often problematic for others. And often times, the good folks who own them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A former employee of mine was let go, partly due to his inability to control his damn dog, or leave the fucking thing at home. I have my dogs at my shop, because it's my fucking shop. I told him on multiple occasions that my GSD does not like other males in his area, and definitely doesnt like pitbulls. I think it's because around here they are the ones always getting aggressive at dog parks, and being the resident overwatch, my boy doesnt like anyone getting too rowdy.

I told him to leave the dog at home multiple times, but then, wtf does he do? Shows up with him anyway.

The dog is a fucking tank, and literally tackles people when he's excited, using his mouth and all to play bite, etc. That dog is going to hurt someone or get shot for his bullshit, all the while the owner is going to be in the background saying "staaahp" softly with no real influence over what the dog wants to do.
View Quote
If that dog attacked an employee or customer at your place of business, guess who pays for it (in more ways than one?)
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Because it’s not the government’s place to regulate such things. Legislation enacted “for safety and the children” doesn’t ever work as intended and is knee jerk, feel good, useless tripe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently not on genetics if you think pitbulls are closer to humans than they are bears.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep ban them and arrest the owners..............oh, wait, I’ im a hypocrite, I’m against assault weapon bans and confiscation because they arent bad in the hands of responsible people, I must unknowingly be an idiot
View Quote
The difference is you can actually control who a weapon kills.... not so much with the fuck breed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd stick that filthy mutt with my EDC, rip its stomach open and then kick the shit out of the owner
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Apparently not on genetics if you think pitbulls are closer to humans than they are bears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Because that’s exactly what I said. Suuuure.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The difference is you can actually control who a weapon kills.... not so much with the fuck breed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep ban them and arrest the owners..............oh, wait, I’ im a hypocrite, I’m against assault weapon bans and confiscation because they arent bad in the hands of responsible people, I must unknowingly be an idiot
You can only control it if you wield it.

And thus, the argument for banning them. It’s a stupid argument regardless of what you’re wanting to ban.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If I may answer this...
I'd say in that situation, if the dog was trained to attack on command and the owner gave such a command and the dog followed it and killed someone then, yes, the owner is directly responsible and 1st degree murder is likely appropriate.

But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a breed of dog that has been consistently bred for it's aggression and fighting prowess (in a sport that is universally banned in this nation) that is suddenly expected to be docile. Yet when it kills or mames someone the owners are inevitably shocked because "he's never done that before."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus, when are we going to end that fucking breed?  Useless fucking animals
This x100.

You do not love dogs if you think a pit is a good dog.
I love my pitbull.  She is the best dog I have ever seen, loyal smart well behaved.

Most people who hate pitbulls have never owned one, just like most people who hate guns.
One huge difference. Guns don’t kill people
If a trained attack dog was taken home by his handler, and then given the command to attack the handler's wife, and she died...

...who should be held responsible for her death?

Should the dog be put down?
If I may answer this...
I'd say in that situation, if the dog was trained to attack on command and the owner gave such a command and the dog followed it and killed someone then, yes, the owner is directly responsible and 1st degree murder is likely appropriate.

But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a breed of dog that has been consistently bred for it's aggression and fighting prowess (in a sport that is universally banned in this nation) that is suddenly expected to be docile. Yet when it kills or mames someone the owners are inevitably shocked because "he's never done that before."
Well stated.

Pit-Apologists...  how can you not see why this is different than an inanimate object? (gun, vehicle, hammer, frame nailer, etc... )
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Neither large nor intimidating in appearance.

This isn’t a “why won’t they just get something cute and mostly harmless” thought exercise.

This is asking you to pick the next badass dog breed they fixate on. Remember the characteristics they’ll choose. Of all the breeds out there with the characteristics they want (that they haven’t already gone through), the pit is the most benign.
View Quote
No need to fixate on a different breed because the number of deaths by mauling will drop 70%.
I’ll go ahead and play your game though,  Rottweiler.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No need to fixate on a different breed because the number of deaths by mauling will drop 70%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither large nor intimidating in appearance.

This isn’t a “why won’t they just get something cute and mostly harmless” thought exercise.

This is asking you to pick the next badass dog breed they fixate on. Remember the characteristics they’ll choose. Of all the breeds out there with the characteristics they want (that they haven’t already gone through), the pit is the most benign.
If a ban truly does work, you don’t think they’ll just give up on dog ownership altogether, do you?

And they’ve already gone through Rottweilers. Try again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Pitbulls are the Democrats of the dog world, ignorant slobbering violent assholes who hate anyone that's not a Pitbull/Democrat piece of shit, and even some who are. They attack for no reason most of the time, there's no sense at all to their attack and no real skill, just pure mindless murder befitting the mental midgetry they personify.

And their owners, much like those who own Democrats (Soros etc) are usually holier-than-thou dipshits who take secret glee in their mutt's violent tendencies.

But they do have one saving grace, chickens love feasting on the dead carcass, last one I shot fed 'em for several days and the eggs were especially rich for a week, must have been the extra protein.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is an ignorant statement.  A gun won’t jump up by itself, chase you down the street and then bite you until you are dead, just for the fun of it.

I’ve never owned a pit, but I did have two pitbulls try to attack my daughters when they were toddlers.  It happened at a park in Lakewood CO when we were just walking through.  The pits charged out of nowhere and if it had not been for bystanders and a nearby Animal Control Officer, it would have ended badly for us.  I wasn’t carrying that day but have everyday since.

FPBs
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do you own a pitbull?

I doubt it.  Probably just repeat stuff you read on the internet, like a gun grabber.
View Quote
The “just like a gun grabber” defense is an apples to hand grenades comparison.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey man, why is your handle "Cincinnatus," yet your avatar is the bust of Caesar Augustus?

Always wondered.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep. Look at how dangerous they are...

Here is a pie chart of the fatal dog attacks on humans in the US since Jan 1 2008https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/dbrf-20130525_jpg-724214.JPG
View Quote
Looks like my pug is gonna hafta up her game a wee bit...didn't even make the pie!
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not triggered in the least, just amused by how emotional you all get about other people's dogs.

Is your desire to kill ALL of these dogs because of hatred or fear?

It's hilarious.
View Quote
I have admired many of your posts over the years, but today, I find your condescension distasteful.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks like my pug is gonna hafta up her game a wee bit...didn't even make the pie!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Look at how dangerous they are...

Here is a pie chart of the fatal dog attacks on humans in the US since Jan 1 2008https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/dbrf-20130525_jpg-724214.JPG
Get a doll. A baby doll. Beat your dog over the head with it and have it steal her food every day. Make her hate that fuckin doll with every fiber of her pushed-in, bug-eyed, face. Then have an actual baby and leave it lying next to her food dish. You could make pug history.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well bred Pit.  Displays all the characteristics of the breed.  Probably should have gotten best in show.
View Quote

Bravo.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Your GSD has dog aggression? But its the pitbulls fault?

You said a lot of words but I fail to read about a bad pit in your post, only a dog aggressive GSD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A former employee of mine was let go, partly due to his inability to control his damn dog, or leave the fucking thing at home. I have my dogs at my shop, because it's my fucking shop. I told him on multiple occasions that my GSD does not like other males in his area, and definitely doesnt like pitbulls. I think it's because around here they are the ones always getting aggressive at dog parks, and being the resident overwatch, my boy doesnt like anyone getting too rowdy.

I told him to leave the dog at home multiple times, but then, wtf does he do? Shows up with him anyway.

The dog is a fucking tank, and literally tackles people when he's excited, using his mouth and all to play bite, etc. That dog is going to hurt someone or get shot for his bullshit, all the while the owner is going to be in the background saying "staaahp" softly with no real influence over what the dog wants to do.
Your GSD has dog aggression? But its the pitbulls fault?

You said a lot of words but I fail to read about a bad pit in your post, only a dog aggressive GSD
In the dogs own house? I have a border collie that runs up to random people and rolls over to have his belly rubbed but will fuck you up in his house.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you DO support banning and confiscation?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hey man, why is your handle "Cincinnatus," yet your avatar is the bust of Caesar Augustus?

Always wondered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always wondered.
They looked very similar.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have admired many of your posts over the years, but today, I find your condescension distasteful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not triggered in the least, just amused by how emotional you all get about other people's dogs.

Is your desire to kill ALL of these dogs because of hatred or fear?

It's hilarious.
Post after post of people screeching about how pit bull owners are all garbage, and you have a problem with MY tone....

I am sorry if you don’t recognize the overly emotional nature of all these “kill them all!” Posts.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

But but, its the owners not the dogs... Right, pitbull apologists?
View Quote
my brother owns 2 staffordshires.  not pits, but basically pits.

the one he's owned since she was 8 weeks old is the kind of dog you'd want watching your kids if you were away.  powerful, alert, gentle, and imperturbable.

then his GF adopted a rescue that had been neglected, couldn't find an owner, and was due to be put down.  sweetest dog in the world, but you can tell that fighting is in her bloodline.  it's the only way she plays with other dogs--bites leg, bites neck, bites ears, goes back to legs.  very careful bite control--she's clearly just playing--but it's absolutely compulsive.  and she never got a day's training in how to fight.

i love both of those dogs, but i'll never own a pit myself for exactly that reason.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Put any pit bull down that shows any inkling of aggression and isolation from kids mandated by law. Must be in a full muzzle and halter in public or near any kids.

We have had several pits and mixes, the above should be required to own one of the unpredictable tickets. I would add Akita also, I don't have experience with the other crazy types.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#50]
My sister adopted a pit who had the littler removed from the mother because she, the mother of the puppies started killing her own puppies

My sister took in the whole litter

and they were cool little dogs. They would even play fight as puppies

Her dog is 1 years old now and last time I seen it it was lunging at my daughter who was trying to be friendly with it but couldn't even get close enough for her to pet it. The dog was lunging and snapping her teeth at my girl which my sister explains as the dog is very protective of my sister and does this towards anyone.

It wasn't trained to be this way in fact she's getting it trained to NOT act this way but it seems it was hardwired behavior from birth that it's going to have to try to unlearn

I'll try finding out how the other puppies turned out but hers was exactly what I would of expected from the breed and cannot be around people unless its leashed and kept from arms reach
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top