Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Do realize that there are also Chinese "advisers" walking around in Syria right now...

What this could do is force us to enact a No Fly Zone over the entirity of Syria and northern Iraq, and have us stopping Russian, Chinese, and Iranian shipments of weapons to the Assad Regime.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With what? The S400 can engage and dispatch the F16 before it even gets into range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a feeling a few Turkish F-16's are about to get a SAM in their pooper

I have a feeling a few Russian SAMs are about to get some Turkish F-16 missiles in their pooper

With what? The S400 can engage and dispatch the F16 before it even gets into range.

On what? Paper?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And might I add, fuck Putin, and fuck Putin lovers.

He thought he was the big bad kid on the block and got bitch slapped. Oh to the motherfucking well.

Russia isn't shit outside of it's nuclear forces. Any real military would smack them around the block and back again - if you think otherwise you're a fool.
View Quote

Yup Russia has 2 things that keep it borders secure. Nukes and General Winter. We are seeing all that they have to project right now in Ukraine and Syria.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

On what? Paper?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a feeling a few Russian SAMs are about to get some Turkish F-16 missiles in their pooper

On what? Paper?

LOL, oh you're one of those guys (if it's Russian it must suck).  Even US analysts agree it is one of the most capable air to air systems currently available.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I agree, Putin lovers suck.  The only thing worse is Erdogan lovers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He thought he was the big bad kid on the block and got bitch slapped. Oh to the motherfucking well.

Russia isn't shit outside of it's nuclear forces. Any real military would smack them around the block and back again - if you think otherwise you're a fool.

Also agreed. Erdogan is a POS... but I hate Russia more

The only problem is people here fall for Putin's bullshit, but not Erdogan's.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

hate to point out the obvious but the biggest kid on the block picked up his ball and went home and the goat fuckers seem to be doing just fine in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Seems like we haven't been doing so well our selves.

Let me know when we start kicking ass and taking names again and ill share your enthusiasm.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hate to point out the obvious but the biggest kid on the block picked up his ball and went home and the goat fuckers seem to be doing just fine in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Seems like we haven't been doing so well our selves.

Let me know when we start kicking ass and taking names again and ill share your enthusiasm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly true, but America doesn't need to. Turkey seems to be doing just fine
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Dailymail Article better info
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/25/19/2ECD4ED500000578-3333777-image-a-16_1448481572696.jpg

The highly advanced S-400 anti-aircraft system Russia has deployed to Latakia offers a massive 250mile wide strike range - allowing it to target a vast swathe of the Middle East (illustrated)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/25/19/2ECEBD4400000578-3333777-image-a-1_1448481386052.jpg

Tensions: Russia's S-400 anti-aircraft systems (pictured) are highly advanced and capable of striking jets travelling up to 250miles away

View Quote

Is there really a city in Turkey called "Batman"?  That's awesome!

Edit:  beat several times

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't stand Russia, but even I will go with them over Islamists, Chechens, etc. Erdogan is an Islamist piece of shit.  You need to rethink this.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
This Turkey shoot was a bad shot.  2 miles for an SU-24 traveling at 800mph is about 15 seconds. Turkey claimed to issue a few warnings, over how much time?

The shot took place over Syrian airspace, 5-8 miles away. The Cold War was full of flyovers for a lot longer than ~15 seconds.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Apples to Oranges. Russians have no rights to fly fighters into Turkey, just like Turkey would have no rights to fly into Russia. Syria on the other hand is different.

All sides can do whatever they want in Syria. That's the problem... No single entity controls the air or ground. Think of it like the thunderdome and it will be easier for you...

If Russia shoots down Turk F-16s over Syria, then so be it.

If Turkey blows up Russian SAMs in Syria, then so be it.

It's just how it works in the arena.

Small games right now, but if Russia keeps playing around and bowing up it will get fucking smacked. The big boys are in the arena now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a legal sense the Turkish F-16 have no more right to enter Syrian airspace than the Russian plane did entering Turk airspace, so if the Russians down a couple of Turk F-16's over Syrian airspace is it a good shoot?  
Apples to Oranges. Russians have no rights to fly fighters into Turkey, just like Turkey would have no rights to fly into Russia. Syria on the other hand is different.

All sides can do whatever they want in Syria. That's the problem... No single entity controls the air or ground. Think of it like the thunderdome and it will be easier for you...

Small games right now, but if Russia keeps playing around and bowing up it will get fucking smacked. The big boys are in the arena now.

Is Syria no longer a recognized sovereign nation recognized by the UN, NATO, the US and Turkey?  I'm just curious who's legal system is going to allow you to shoot at Russian targets inside of Syria since they are there at the request of the official Syrian government.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
LOL, oh you're one of those guys (if it's Russian it must suck).  Even US analysts agree it is one of the most capable air to air systems currently available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On what? Paper?

Nah, I just have more trust in Western military tech.

I'm completely sure the S400 can be defeated by any country that knows what they're doing. It's not a blanket game changer.

Capable? Sure. Impossible to mitigate? Nope.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Why do I hope that Russia curb stomps Turkey?
View Quote
Because Turkey is only an ally due to their location during the Cold War

Lots of monitoring devices by NATO

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is Syria no longer a recognized sovereign nation recognized by the UN, NATO, the US and Turkey?  I'm just curious who's legal system is going to allow you to shoot at Russian targets inside of Syria since they are there at the request of the official Syrian government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a legal sense the Turkish F-16 have no more right to enter Syrian airspace than the Russian plane did entering Turk airspace, so if the Russians down a couple of Turk F-16's over Syrian airspace is it a good shoot?  

Doesn't matter apparently does it?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

here's my thought on what will eventually happen.

Since Russia is actually the only country that has permission from the Syrian gov't to fly over Syrian airspace, they will declare that ALL nations (except Russia) are no longer allowed to fly over Syrian airspace and will threaten to shoot down any plane that violates it.   Just where I'm thinking this is heading.

View Quote
Given what Turkey did I can't blame them

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like the Russians just blew up a bunch of Turkish trucks in Syria.

Mystery over who bombed Turkish convoy allegedly carrying weapons to militants in Syria
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do realize that there are also Chinese "advisers" walking around in Syria right now...

What this could do is force us to enact a No Fly Zone over the entirity of Syria and northern Iraq, and have us stopping Russian, Chinese, and Iranian shipments of weapons to the Assad Regime.
View Quote

By whos authority are we going to impose a no fly zone over another country?  We going to get a UN resolution to impose a no fly zone and form a coalition? We going to go remove the Russian air defense now that its in place? You going to remove the Russians from their naval base there? Good luck with that shit.

That ship sailed before russia got involved. Where is that red line again?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I can't stand Russia, but even I will go with them over Islamists, Chechens, etc. Erdogan is an Islamist piece of shit.  You need to rethink this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two pieces of shit in a shit fight. All around shit honestly

Still love seeing a country that was our enemy for decades, full of communists, and have had their agents and bullshit leftist ideas seep through our entire country at all levels get smacked around.

I'll say this: If it wasn't for the ideals that Russia / the Soviet Union espoused for almost a century, then we wouldn't have the pussies we have in power right now, and ISIS wouldn't be a problem...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
and at that point the med turns into a shooting gallery.  if the gutless wonder in the white house had any sense he would be telling turkey to chill. Assuming the west actually wants to hit ISIS then our interests and russias align in that respect. the only point of contention is we want Assad out and in the grand scheme of things that's retarded considering the other problems going on over there.

https://youtu.be/JMV_r4LjQIo
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since Russia is actually the only country that has permission from the Syrian gov't to fly over Syrian airspace, they will declare that ALL nations (except Russia) are no longer allowed to fly over Syrian airspace and will threaten to shoot down any plane that violates it.   Just where I'm thinking this is heading.

A strike on the SAM sights ought to fix that problem.

and at that point the med turns into a shooting gallery.  if the gutless wonder in the white house had any sense he would be telling turkey to chill. Assuming the west actually wants to hit ISIS then our interests and russias align in that respect. the only point of contention is we want Assad out and in the grand scheme of things that's retarded considering the other problems going on over there.

https://youtu.be/JMV_r4LjQIo
Again during the Cold War, airspace violations and warnings were SOP.  The violating aircraft would get lit up with active Radar and leave.  

The flight path Turkey claims was less than 2 miles, maybe 10-15 sec for an SU-24

Obama wants this shit

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By downing a plane by taking a cheap shot?  Putin just put up air defense and effectively threatens a pretty large swatch of turkish airspace. Lets see if the turks got the sack you think they do.. Go fly into that shit and engage the next SU that engages ethnics turks in northern syria and lets see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm completely sure the S400 can be defeated by any country that knows what they're doing. It's not a blanket game changer.

Capable? Sure. Impossible to mitigate? Nope.
View Quote

I still would not ask our flyboys to go into into it because turkey felt like showing its penis to the world.  Nothing is 100% but its a substantial threat to anything in the sky and i dont know any pilots who would just laugh them off.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This is the question the TV experts aren't answering.

I'm sure our military has better radar tracking of what actually happened that won't ever be released. The Turks have always been turds and we have put up with the shenanigans they pull for years just to keep access to Incirlik AB it has only gotten worse since the MB took over Turkish Govt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
wonder what was the flight path of the Turkish planes.  It is such a narrow piece of land that the Russians supposedly crossed.  How can the Turkish planes possibly maneuver and chase and shoot down the russian planes without going over the border to syria itself?  If the Turkish planes had an intercept course and heading at the Russian planes, they had to have crossed over to syria themselves.

This is the question the TV experts aren't answering.

I'm sure our military has better radar tracking of what actually happened that won't ever be released. The Turks have always been turds and we have put up with the shenanigans they pull for years just to keep access to Incirlik AB it has only gotten worse since the MB took over Turkish Govt.

The Turks have never been much of an ally. They seem to be protecting what Russia was bombing, ISIS or some other Turk supported  group

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a love for anyone.  Just bringing up what's fair, and this shoot down was total BS.

You have to realize how small of an area we are talking about, maybe 2 mile square area.  Turkey claims to have sent out multiple warning. Instead of ACK, the SU-24 is out of Turk airspace within seconds.  The Turks lock and shoot the SU-24 over Syrian airspace.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what many here totally forget. It's all about hating Russia so attacking Russian positions in Syria are perfectly ok.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
yer that's kinda cool

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool, I forgot there's a city named Batman.
yer that's kinda cool

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Still love seeing a country that was our enemy for decades, full of communists, and have had their agents and bullshit leftist ideas seep through our entire country at all levels get smacked around.

I'll say this: If it wasn't for the ideals that Russia / the Soviet Union espoused for almost a century, then we wouldn't have the pussies we have in power right now, and ISIS wouldn't be a problem...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only problem is people here false l for Putin's bullshit, but not Erdogan's.

I'm hoping for an eastern front style body count and cost.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter apparently does it?
View Quote

Do we follow the rules of law or don't we? Are we better than them or are we not?  Or are we no better than the 2 bit dictator we want to over throw?  Either we recognize international law or we don't.  I also think it matters if they put up a no fly zone and a way to enforce it. Then it sure as fuck is going to matter to the USAF as well when they are tasked with flying through that shit. Then again i dont think Obama wants to hit ISIS anyway so thats his out.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

here is the problem with that.. You know what Ivan will do.. You know he cant be trusted but you can trust he is not suicidal.. Jihadis are fucking suicidal and fanatical.. they have no interest in converting you or convincing you. they want to kill you. kill your children your family and salt the earth on which you stand.

You want this BS to turn into another Afghanistan? Last time i checked that shit is still going on 30 years later and we got a whole lot of dead Americans over it and a few extra holes and missing buildings in major US cities from assholes over there.

So pick a side or remember that when your kids or your grand kids are picking up the pieces of their dead children because some jihadi asshole blew him self up in the local Starbucks you chose this moment to say "fuck the commies" instead of supporting someone, any one, willing to bring the pain to those mother fuckers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Mystery over who bombed Turkish convoy allegedly carrying weapons to militants in Syria
View Quote
A Turkish convoy, which according to some reports was transporting weapons to terrorist organizations, has been hit by apparent airstrikes in northwestern Syria.

Makes you wonder which side Turkey is on.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A Turkish convoy, which according to some reports was transporting weapons to terrorist organizations, has been hit by apparent airstrikes in northwestern Syria.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it was "humanitarian aid."
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
here is the problem with that.. You know what Ivan will do.. You know he cant be trusted but you can trust he is not suicidal.. Jihadis are fucking suicidal and fanatical.. they have no interest in converting you or convincing you. they want to kill you. kill your children your family and salt the earth on which you stand.

You want this BS to turn into another Afghanistan? Last time i checked that shit is still going on 30 years later and we got a whole lot of dead Americans over it and a few extra holes and missing buildings in major US cities from assholes over there.

So pick a side or remember that when your kids or your grand kids are picking up the pieces of their dead children because some jihadi asshole blew him self up in the local Starbucks you chose this moment to say "fuck the commies" instead of supporting someone, any one, willing to bring the pain to those mother fuckers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but the world and politics aren't black and white. If it had to be, then it would be West vs. East to me. Simple.

Liberals, and leftist, marxist, and communist ideology got us where we are now, and have been, cumulatively more of a threat than ISIS to date.

If you think Russia wouldn't want us just as dead as ISIS does, and hasn't done more damage to this country over the years, then I'm sorry, you just don't get it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Every time I see the S400, I only see 4 tubes..  Wouldn't that mean that worst case you can just throw a 5th fighter in the air and you are good to go?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#34]
-new long range SAM systems in Latakia and Damascus
-more Russian fighter aircraft in the area
-more excuse for Russia to get involved in general
-Turkish proxies getting the shit bombed out of them in retaliation
-Turkey now viewed as the reckless drunk brother in-law of NATO

Wow that really was a smart move by Erodogan. If he wanted a no-fly zone in northern Syria then he's going to get the exact opposite. The only thing he accomplished was preventing a joint anti-ISIS coalition between Russia, France and possibly other NATO countries.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Every time I see the S400, I only see 4 tubes..  Wouldn't that mean that worst case you can just throw a 5th fighter in the air and you are good to go?

View Quote
I'm sure they have more than 1 S400 there.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
-new long range SAM systems in Latakia and Damascus
-more Russian fighter aircraft in the area
-more excuse for Russia to get involved in general
-Turkish proxies getting the shit bombed out of them in retaliation
-Turkey now viewed as the reckless drunk brother in-law of NATO

Wow that really was a smart move by Erodogan. If he wanted a no-fly zone in northern Syria then he's going to get the exact opposite. The only thing he accomplished was preventing a joint anti-ISIS coalition between Russia, France and possibly other NATO countries.
View Quote

Hell, that was most likely his goal.  He is not interested in stopping ISIS.  He's working with the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood to bring down Assad.  That is his number one goal.  He hates Assad.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sorry, but the world and politics aren't black and white. If it had to be, then it would be West vs. East to me. Simple.

Liberals, and leftist, marxist, and communist ideology got us where we are now, and have been, cumulatively more of a threat than ISIS to date.

If you think Russia wouldn't want us just as dead as ISIS does, and hasn't done more damage to this country over the years, then I'm sorry, you just don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious how many planes Russian has hijacked over the last 40 years? How many suicide bombers they have sent into western cities in the past decade?  How many inocent civilians they have shot up in the name of God? In this fight the bad guys are the jihadis and we lack the balls to do what needs to be done to rid the world of them. I never said the world is black and white and i dont see how you can get that from my post. In this fight there is a clear more evil party here and they would cut your head off if given half the chance.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea they work in coordinated batteries.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obamas presidency is the natural conclusion of decades of Soviet Russian influence and subversion of the education and media establishments.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Multiple trucks. I have no idea how many trucks are normally deployed together. and not all missiles are the same. Those tubes fit all sorts of different missiles with different capabilities so who knows whats actually in them or the ranges they could actually engage.

I guess you got to look at the worst case scenario if you are looking at going through it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Drones, lots of drones

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

A regular S-400 battalion consists of at least eight launchers with 32 missiles and a mobile command post.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Multiple trucks. I have no idea how many trucks are normally deployed together. and not all missiles are the same. Those tubes fit all sorts of different missiles with different capabilities so who knows whats actually in them or the ranges they could actually engage.

I guess you got to look at the worst case scenario if you are looking at going through it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the one they quote as having a 250 mile range is the ABM missile, and the one they use for engaging air targets is much shorter ranged.

They also never mention radar horizons, so "lol" on 250 mile targeting solutions.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#44]
S-400s....yikes
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

On purpose, no.

When you're dealing with shitty 1970s cold war tech and drunk-ass operators, anything can happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh oh.

I am sure Israel is pleased with Obamas foreign policy plan right now.

Can't blame Putin for the show of force. Turkey  (with Zero's) blessings was providing a CAP for the FSA and now they have a great threat added to the region.

Our aircraft, plus civilian passenger craft are all in  peril anywhere near there now. Way to go zero.

FBHO

Do you really think they would fire on US aircraft operating in our normal areas. Hell no. Maybe if we decided to fly uncomfortably close to their air base...but otherwise they wouldn't dare. No way...

ETA- still FBHO tho lol

On purpose, no.

When you're dealing with shitty 1970s cold war tech and drunk-ass operators, anything can happen.

The S400 system was developed in, I believe, the mid-90s.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's my point. There will be growing pains and their second generation will be better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When/where have the s-400s been effectively deployed? Do they have any confirmed kills?

Patriot didn't either before Desert Storm.

That's my point. There will be growing pains and their second generation will be better.

They are a successive generation.. It's an advanced/improved version of the S-300 systems.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Here's some heavy Russian propaganda to read.

How Russia’s S-400 makes the F-35 obsolete.

http://in.rbth.com/blogs/2015/03/11/how_russias_s-400_makes_the_f-35_obsolete_41895
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A strike on the SAM sights ought to fix that problem.
And all out war with Russia. Suicidal for both countries.  

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.

Our total force military is a little over 2 million strong. So "no more than" our entire military force 5-to-10 times over isn't exactly something to shrug off. Turns out twenty million people is a LOT of fucking people.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think the one they quote as having a 250 mile range is the ABM missile, and the one they use for engaging air targets is much shorter ranged.

They also never mention radar horizons, so "lol" on 250 mile targeting solutions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 40N6 was meant to engage stand off targets like awacs and jstars and has its own active and semi active seeker. So i dont think they need to have a direct targeting solution on the intended target.

Lots of neat info on this page.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-S-400-Triumf.html
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here's some heavy Russian propaganda to read.

How Russia’s S-400 makes the F-35 obsolete.
http://in.rbth.com/blogs/2015/03/11/how_russias_s-400_makes_the_f-35_obsolete_41895
View Quote

We can always count on you.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top