Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Less than 20% of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer live one year.
http://pancreatic.org/pancreatic-cancer/about-the-pancreas/prognosis/
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
How many have the level of healthcare she has?
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
She never had lung cancer.  Im guessing her pancreatic cancer metastasized and took hold in her lungs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
something about that list seems fishy...
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ruth, walk into the light!
View Quote
She'll see it as just another Supreme Court Justice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
She looks frail as all get out, and cancer at that advanced an age.

Hking
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s across the board, too. Recurrent pancreatic cancer stats are pretty sobering.  Like xerxes2695, I’ve suspected that the lung tumor she had removed last year was a metastatic mass from pancreatic cancer. The pathology of that tumor hasn’t been publicly disclosed, AFAIK.

I strongly disagree with her ideology, but I don’t rejoice in what she’s going through with this disease.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Depends.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That bag actually looks heavy. I wonder what the hell she has in there.
If that pack contains personal items, looks like she might be planning for a lengthy hospice stay. If it's full of legal briefs/reading materials, then maybe not.

Could be telling...
Depends.
I see what you did there...
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can you imagine the amount of money that is being put into her health.
View Quote
Probably enough to run a small country for several years... Or feed and shelter the homeless for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
1: Fuck Fox News. I turn them on and all I get is “we will keep you updated on RBG’s health” before cutting to commercial. I’m thinking death soon until I came here to find the true story.

2: Fuck Cancer

3: She doesn’t look bad walking in some funky shoes.

4: We all know she won’t retire with a Republican in office. She not being replaced is probably her will to live now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kale
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I do not wish any ill upon RBG.  By all accounts she's a lovely person, albeit with really bad politics.  I do however wish she would retire.
View Quote
Agree   .

Spend what little time you have left with loved ones.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Hurry up  ruth...
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If she croaks next year I wonder if Cocaine Mitch will wait until after the election.
View Quote
He said if an R is in the WH and Rs control the Senate,  there is no reason to not confirm a new justice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How is she punishing the country? What is she doing that is worse than had she left under Obama and another Kagan or Sotomayor had been appointed to replace her for the next 3-4 decades?
View Quote
We're better off she hung on.  So "they" didn't get to replace her. She wasn't, it seems, the only one thinking Hillary had it in the bag.  OTOH, the sooner she is replaced, the sooner the court dynamics change.  I don't thnk we can count on retaining both the Senate and the Presidency but can hope.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#21]
yea... funny, i cant get a fkn MRI for my knee. a few hundred dollar image. i even offered to pay it

Quoted:
Can you imagine the amount of money that is being put into her health.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#22]
The radiation therapy, conducted on an outpatient basis, began Aug. 5, shortly after a localized cancerous tumor was discovered on Ginsburg's pancreas. The treatment included the insertion of a stent in Ginsburg's bile duct, according to a statement issued by the court.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#23]
The woman has had cancer 87 times including the worst of the worst and been cured every time by government doctors. She hasn't even lost her hair. What is the government withholding from the public in the way of cancer medicine?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I hope none of the shitbag liberal rubbed off on him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That’s across the board, too. Recurrent pancreatic cancer stats are pretty sobering.  Like xerxes2695, I’ve suspected that the lung tumor she had removed last year was a metastatic mass from pancreatic cancer. The pathology of that tumor hasn’t been publicly disclosed, AFAIK.

I strongly disagree with her ideology, but I don’t rejoice in what she’s going through with this disease.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. I wish she didn't have to go through it anymore
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I do not wish any ill upon RBG.  By all accounts she's a lovely person, albeit with really bad politics.  I do however wish she would retire.
View Quote
You know a tree by its fruit. IMHO no one who thinks the age of consensual sex should be 12 can be considered "a lovely person."
However, I also do not wish her ill but would very much like her off the SC.

Tomac
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Say what you will about RBG, but I'm glad the Justices have US Marshal protection.
View Quote
Huh. How did that work out for Justice Scalia?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
concur
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t want her to die.

I do want her to retire, right fucking now.    At this point, she is basically punishing the country for HER own poor judgment in not retiring under Obama, because she wanted Hillary to appoint her successor.
concur
And I thank the good Lord she didn’t retire under Barry O!
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 86, leans on U.S. Marshall after leaving NYC hospital for tests as another carries the three-time cancer survivor's bright purple backpack

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was seen leaning on a U.S. Marshall after leaving a New York City hospital for tests, DailyMail.com exclusive photos show.

The 86-year-old's hand was held by the Marshall as she walked up the stairs into a private residence on the Upper East Side after her appointment at the Howard Laboratory at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital on Thursday.

Ginsburg is a three-time cancer survivor, beating colon cancer in 1999, pancreatic cancer in 2009 and, most recently, lung cancer in 2018.

Ginsburg is the oldest sitting U.S. Supreme Court Justice and said it is her 'dream' to be on the Supreme Court for as long as former Justice John Paul Stevens, who served for 35 years. Ginsburg has served for 26 years so far.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/23/13/17609444-7387385-image-a-15_1566563741052.jpg

More
View Quote
Almost there. Say goodbye.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not that it is possible, I would love an honest answer from a conservative on the bench whether or not she can actually do her job still.
View Quote
Lol, every single one of them has a bigger allegiance to each other than the constitution.

None of them are your or my allies
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Keep in mind when we hear all the shrills coming from the left...she was well past age and should have retired while FBHO was president, she was even asked to do so. She chose not to and now instead Trump will choose her replacement. That's how it works.

This is why some of us here would like to see Clearance Thomas retire soon. Right now Trump can choose another conservative to replace him...wait till 2025 and all bets are off.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Dear God,

Please let her die, very soon.  Please, father.

Thank you,

Amen.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dear God,

Please let her die, very soon.  Please, father.

Thank you,

Amen.
View Quote
My dad wants her dead, too!
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fetal grindings
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Geezer can't even hold her head up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The woman has had cancer 87 times including the worst of the worst and been cured every time by government doctors. She hasn't even lost her hair. What is the government withholding from the public in the way of cancer medicine?
View Quote
Everything
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Kavanaugh is on the Court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If she dies any time between now and the election, the Democrats will not allow another judge to be nominated.
They will Kavanagh anyone between now and 2024 !
Kavanaugh is on the Court.
I was thinking of the way they tried to keep him off the SCOTUS
Don't forget, he is there by a very slim margin, the next time we may not be so lucky.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Keep in mind when we hear all the shrills coming from the left...she was well past age and should have retired while FBHO was president, she was even asked to do so. She chose not to and now instead Trump will choose her replacement. That's how it works.

This is why some of us here would like to see Clearance Thomas retire soon. Right now Trump can choose another conservative to replace him...wait till 2025 and all bets are off.
View Quote
I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand like you said, we could get seriously screwed if his health fails.
On the other hand, we have 2 new guys on the bench, possibly one or two more in the near future.
There is no one I would rather have mentoring and guiding these new justices than him. His dislike, and often disregard, of stare decisis, and his reliance on the the federalist papers in determinations to actually get it right, are exactly what gun rights need. It is an approach that may not seem natural to a new supreme court justice, I especially worry about this in regards to Kavanaugh.

At the moment he is the most staunchly pro-gun rights justice we have, and with a large wave of firearms related cases working their way up through the federal courts with Kennedy gone, him leaving and being replaced by an unknown would be a risky endeavor. It is a high risk game at his age, but the rewards of him staying may pay off in spades.

In any case, Ruth needs to get off the bench, right fucking now. It would certainly lessen the risk of losing a majority if he sticks around.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top