Quoted:
Still downloading, so {HOLY FUCK WHY IS THERE NO SHRUG EMOTICON}
View Quote

I received a nice bump in drone damage
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dunno what's going on with BL and CFC right now so that might make things very, very interesting.
View Quote

It's a long story. Short of it is not friendly. They where always neutral so no real reset but the CFC took all the moons back they had given BL. I think the arrangement was they gave them money moons and access to cheap caps in exchange for being able  to call  them in certain situations. BL lost a few corps for a little bit, one came back the other scampered off to PL, looks like they've picked up a few new corps lately though. CFC has been camping BL's staging of late in X-7, how successful that's been I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's a long story. Short of it is not friendly. They where always neutral so no real reset but the CFC took all the moons back they had given BL. I think the arrangement was they gave them money moons and access to cheap caps in exchange for being able  to call  them in certain situations. BL lost a few corps for a little bit, one came back the other scampered off to PL, looks like they've picked up a few new corps lately though. CFC has been camping BL's staging of late in X-7, how successful that's been I'm not sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dunno what's going on with BL and CFC right now so that might make things very, very interesting.

Sounds like what I got from Elo. I've always hated Goons, so I'm fine with that situation whenever I get back rolling on PVP. I'm surprised BL. never officially aligned with PL honestly...
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sounds like what I got from Elo. I've always hated Goons, so I'm fine with that situation whenever I get back rolling on PVP. I'm surprised BL. never officially aligned with PL honestly...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since I've been around all I've seen or heard is tension / rivalry between the two, been a few high profile incidents where  one baited the others caps.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Since I've been around all I've seen or heard is tension / rivalry between the two, been a few high profile incidents where  one baited the others caps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds about right from when I was still flying with them. Occasionally we might ring the batphone if we tackled something we couldn't kill, hotdropped PL on some fools at least once if I remember. But yeah, that description sounds right.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally had time to join up with my corp again.  Now based in BNI controlled space... finally

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Finally had time to join up with my corp again.  Now based in BNI controlled space... finally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk1Keqalp_U
View Quote

Not bad...  This game really needs formations though...
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Vargur Killmail

We traded my $32 million isk ship for his 1.6 billion isk ship at our bubble camp today

His Pod

That was an expensive ratting run for him

There was also a wayward capsule pilot with a ton of implants who took a wrong turn

It helped my Isk efficency

My destroyed Thorax
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Vargur Killmail

We traded my $32 million isk ship for his 1.6 billion isk ship at our bubble camp today

His Pod

That was an expensive ratting run for him

There was also a wayward capsule pilot with a ton of implants who took a wrong turn

It helped my Isk efficency

My destroyed Thorax
View Quote

You guys mostly run T1 stuff I hear? My buddies have yet again stagnated on EvE so I might try and go back to BL. Almost tempted to go over to the EvE University and be like a Top Gun instructor, training newbs.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You guys mostly run T1 stuff I hear? My buddies have yet again stagnated on EvE so I might try and go back to BL. Almost tempted to go over to the EvE University and be like a Top Gun instructor, training newbs.
View Quote

Mostly.  This was a gate camp of about 20 mostly T1 ships.  We have specialized fleets with more advanced ships for specific goals and sometimes we end up with T2s in the kitchen sink gate camps or roams we run.  We just took over all of Catch so we're still sorting everything out right now.

ETA

By "we" I mean Brave and not the entire HERO Coalition.  Other corps have other doctrines and run various ships.  That's one of the things we're trying to sort out.  Thankfully I'm just a pilot and don't have to deal with the diplomatic, economic, and doctrine headaches (which are numerous right now)
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mostly.  This was a gate camp of about 20 mostly T1 ships.  We have specialized fleets with more advanced ships for specific goals and sometimes we end up with T2s in the kitchen sink gate camps or roams we run.  We just took over all of Catch so we're still sorting everything out right now.

ETA

By "we" I mean Brave and not the entire HERO Coalition.  Other corps have other doctrines and run various ships.  That's one of the things we're trying to sort out.  Thankfully I'm just a pilot and don't have to deal with the diplomatic, economic, and doctrine headaches (which are numerous right now)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Lol. So I was literally high fived into BL again when my buddy re-appeared and was bro-mad that I was ditching already. Long story short I had to try to not look like a jackwagon with Elo having just offered me any my other friends a spot, because I couldn't afford to cause major drama with the guy who was my Best Man, and for whom I am returning the favor.

So back to our original plan aparently, which is making isk (somehow he has a plan for mining or production to aparently make isk, but we'll have to see aboot that), and then war-deccing nooby carebear corps. Problem is that we are all rusty on PVP, and on the process of selecting a noob corp to try and womp on with only 3 guys. I suspect the scheme will not go very well, but I owe it to him. Any solid tips on fingering a good carebear corp to war dec? Hoping to get a group that actually forms up and maybe fights, or at least one stupid enough that we can get a few kills on any idiots that decide to mine or mission run. Further goal might be recruiting to pull some newer guys in and mentor them, which is ultimately what got us into PVP many years ago.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol. So I was literally high fived into BL again when my buddy re-appeared and was bro-mad that I was ditching already. Long story short I had to try to not look like a jackwagon with Elo having just offered me any my other friends a spot, because I couldn't afford to cause major drama with the guy who was my Best Man, and for whom I am returning the favor.

So back to our original plan aparently, which is making isk (somehow he has a plan for mining or production to aparently make isk, but we'll have to see aboot that), and then war-deccing nooby carebear corps. Problem is that we are all rusty on PVP, and on the process of selecting a noob corp to try and womp on with only 3 guys. I suspect the scheme will not go very well, but I owe it to him. Any solid tips on fingering a good carebear corp to war dec? Hoping to get a group that actually forms up and maybe fights, or at least one stupid enough that we can get a few kills on any idiots that decide to mine or mission run. Further goal might be recruiting to pull some newer guys in and mentor them, which is ultimately what got us into PVP many years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Pretty sure that wardec'ing newbie corps isn't going to be a money maker on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that wardec'ing newbie corps isn't going to be a money maker on a regular basis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

The wardeccing wasn't the money making part. I honestly have no idea what his scheme supposedly was, but I have a feeling it isn't going to work how he thinks it is. The newb pew was supposed to be for short term lulz, but considering how much fun I had back in the Muninn blob days in BL, I doubt it will be long before I end up there anyways. Just trying to not get my best friend all butthurt at me, and I understand his feels because this venture was supposed to be us all together, not me off in BL and part timing with my alt.

In other news, we got a list of everyone's character names? Maybe a private channel? I'd at least like to add you to watchlist and throw some FUAROCKs out as appropriate. My main's name is same as my ARF account name
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

With only 3 guys I'd skip the wardec.  I'm not sure what all of you can fly, but if you want to PvP for isk I'd go with faction warfare or find some unprotected miners in null and do a hit and run.

ETA

ARFCOM is the channel name.

I play as Ale Space
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#15]
With three guys, fit up a bunch of frigates or cruisers and go to low sec.
Wardeccing high sec bears yields gate and station camps, and running locators, not fighting.
You could always dec marmite, but fuck, you end up doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#16]
This exercise is solely because we wanted to do something together with the three of us. Two of us are high SP, flying everything that's T2/T3 (except caldari, blegh). My other friend dropped Eve way before us due to $$$ and is way behind on SP. I think I'm around 70 mil between the hulls and T2 variants all at Lv5, etc. Just knocking on Cap ship's doors if I had iskies for the skill books.

Like I said I'll give it a go for my friend but he knows I'll probably go to BL with my main. On the alt we can mine and losec pew pew all we want when BL isn't doing ops. I'll get in the pub channel here in a few, gotta bust World's Collide out real fast in me Paladin
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This exercise is solely because we wanted to do something together with the three of us. Two of us are high SP, flying everything that's T2/T3 (except caldari, blegh). My other friend dropped Eve way before us due to $$$ and is way behind on SP. I think I'm around 70 mil between the hulls and T2 variants all at Lv5, etc. Just knocking on Cap ship's doors if I had iskies for the skill books.

Like I said I'll give it a go for my friend but he knows I'll probably go to BL with my main. On the alt we can mine and losec pew pew all we want when BL isn't doing ops. I'll get in the pub channel here in a few, gotta bust World's Collide out real fast in me Paladin
View Quote

Swing by Catch.  We'll give you plenty of content

Brave: More fun per hour
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

With only 3 guys I'd skip the wardec.  I'm not sure what all of you can fly, but if you want to PvP for isk I'd go with faction warfare or find some unprotected miners in null and do a hit and run.

ETA

I play as Ale Space
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

I play as Ale Space

3 is plenty if you're not terrible, it just isn't even vaguely profitable and the lulz per hour are very low unless you're an epic smack-talker.
If you can't break their station tank you're not really accomplishing much...

lancecriminal86,
I was where you are back in late '09 except I had ISK coming out of my ears.
This game is 10% what you're doing, 80% who you're doing it with and 10% where you're doing it.
I suggest taking buddies and finding either Germans or Russians to antagonize.  
Serbs will do but they're usually skilled and ruthless so beware.

BTW, I was killing stuff with Torp Ravens before it was cool.  Don't rule out the missle boats unless it's based on looks then that's completely valid.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#19]
We had a sit down last night, and I think we decided that for the three of us, we are going to start off as a noob-friendly training corp, with a midterm goal of some Faction Warfare. When we all started off as noobs, it was the fact that we got adopted into a corp full of helpful old dudes who would pull us through missions, teach us about tanking and fitting, skills, etc that resulted in us sticking around for as long as we did before. We want to maybe head to where new characters start (possibly Amarr space) and look for guys that aren't obvious spais or corp hangar theft scam alts. Here's a rough layout of what I was thinking last night as far as goals:

1) Get our name out there, currently thinking Reddit post or similar and adding us to a list of noob-friendly corps. Whenever someone posts "looking for noob corp" we can hop in and see if they'd fit in. We want to make ourselves accessible too, ie Facebook chat, texting, whatever. Us guys have jobs, but we want to be able to help out even if we aren't in game so we don't log in and find they left because nobody else was on. Also need to make some relationships with other corps as they move up, or want to do things we don't really offer. Maybe try to tie in with BRAVE or others who are looking for pew pew pilots so we can hand them a boot-camped pilot instead of a raw recruit tard.

2) Set up some links and guides for them like a welcome package. One of my other projects is a Mk12 clone build guide, so between existing blogs and youtube vids I think we can compile a nice, handy list to walk them through. Not reinventing the wheel, just want to add in some thoughts based on our personal experiences.

3) Get them so they can ISK on their own up through lvl 4's. This way they can replace their frigate and cruiser losses without being depressed they lost their only ship. If they can run Lv4's, they can learn/equip for ratting, wormholes, incursions, whatever.

4) Start building basic PVP skills and instincts. This will include watching local, using your D-scan to look for ships within 1Au even in missions (like hisec gankers), cloak/decloak/docking etc mechanisms, overview settings, aligning, comms, etc. I figure we do some dry run stuff in hisec, maybe instigate some wars or make others wardec us. Literally thinking boot camp mindset.

5) When we get some numbers up and have them in a position to sustain their own ISK and replace losses, we join FW. This way there are opportunities for them to have good fights in frigs and cruisers without getting megablobbed by HACs, and without losing sec status ideally.

Like I said, this is all being done as a project among friends. My buddy really wants to do something together instead of just joining another corp or alliance, and I kind of owe it to him to give this a shot. I prefer not to half-ass things, so if we're doing it then I want to do it right. If things go well, maybe we look at some of the non-CFC blob alliances or just stick with FW hardcore. Otherwise, I'll go back to exploring my BL. or other options and get back into pew pew. The only issue is that trying to get at least 10hrs or so a week in may be tough based on real life schedules, babies, family dinner, etc. I guess we'll see how it pans out!
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We had a sit down last night,
View Quote

Have you considered just joining an established FW corp? You can still work with the newbros. I mean for that matter, you could hook up with Ale Space and his brave friends, they're probably rolling in noobs that could benefit from your experience? Or are you dead set on setting up a corp?

If you guys do get a corp rolling, and you want, let me know who and where and I'll talk to my CEO about deccing you guys for some pew.
It'd be a good way to generate content for both our corps.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Have you considered just joining an established FW corp? You can still work with the newbros. I mean for that matter, you could hook up with Ale Space and his brave friends, they're probably rolling in noobs that could benefit from your experience? Or are you dead set on setting up a corp?

If you guys do get a corp rolling, and you want, let me know who and where and I'll talk to my CEO about deccing you guys for some pew.
It'd be a good way to generate content for both our corps.
View Quote

Not a bad idea.  BNI is always accepting new people, our SP requirements are nonexistent, and if you want to fight you're in the right place
We run training fleets through a channel called Brave Dojo and answer all the new bro questions.  Fly Brave

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, we're set on the "running our own corp" bit. I've taken it upon myself to help map out the reality of making it happen in the meantime! So if you guys know of legit dudes that need to learn the basics that's what we're going for, like if you are in a leet pvp group and you have a noob friend that can't join. I'd like to be able to churn out competent pilots that can feed into a decent PVP group and not get called out for being a fuckstick. I think that's at least a good goal.

We're currently in Ammatar/Amarr space. It looks like Amarr Faction is getting monkey stomped right now in FW, but then again joining the winning team is a wuss way out. IMO. So our headquarters is not a solid thing yet, kind of trying to pick a good spot where we can recruit noobs and still access missions and lo-sec.

And yeah, I'd love to set up some hisec "war games" at some point. I'm looking at this as a chance for myself to stop sucking and learn to at least be a decent FC, so it's learning for me too. I don't know if BRAVE or anyone does joint roams with randoms or not, but that might also be an avenue to introduce newbies to PVP. I still want to go back to BL. someday, but someone brought up a good point that you can't have an alliance built on one FC (Elo Knight), especially since both of us have the same IRL time constraints. It's probably better off that we do this as it should be more flexible on the schedule and sustainable with my marriage
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, we're set on the "running our own corp" bit. I've taken it upon myself to help map out the reality of making it happen in the meantime! So if you guys know of legit dudes that need to learn the basics that's what we're going for, like if you are in a leet pvp group and you have a noob friend that can't join. I'd like to be able to churn out competent pilots that can feed into a decent PVP group and not get called out for being a fuckstick. I think that's at least a good goal.

We're currently in Ammatar/Amarr space. It looks like Amarr Faction is getting monkey stomped right now in FW, but then again joining the winning team is a wuss way out. IMO. So our headquarters is not a solid thing yet, kind of trying to pick a good spot where we can recruit noobs and still access missions and lo-sec.

And yeah, I'd love to set up some hisec "war games" at some point. I'm looking at this as a chance for myself to stop sucking and learn to at least be a decent FC, so it's learning for me too. I don't know if BRAVE or anyone does joint roams with randoms or not, but that might also be an avenue to introduce newbies to PVP. I still want to go back to BL. someday, but someone brought up a good point that you can't have an alliance built on one FC (Elo Knight), especially since both of us have the same IRL time constraints. It's probably better off that we do this as it should be more flexible on the schedule and sustainable with my marriage
View Quote

The bold part is going to happen no matter what.

FW is rarely a bad thing.  Small gang warfare is the best warfare in Eve.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol that's true. Mainly setting guys up that won't show up in a fail fit, blabber on comms, who can focus on primaried targets, etc. In lesser alliances back in the day this was a problem, so many times we would lose because guys just couldn't understand what primary meant. And there were always those jackasses who showed up in a drake because "thats all I got". That's why I loved BL., these were never problems. You fit the prescribed fits, you followed orders, and Elo delivered victory.

As far as my losec/solo experiences, I hate dying lol. I tended to prefer the larger coordinated fleets in BL, but I had a LOT of fun in small 0.0 gangs with my Vagabond. 2x Vagas, a ceptor, Sabre, maybe a nanoCane. We had some good fights that way, even against blobs because we could pick off the scouts and others when they became uncoordinated while trying to hunt us. Looks like maybe I need to get myself familiar with the Stabber?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#25]
One of the things that drove me to be less active in Eve are people that play KillboardStats Online.
Nothing wrong with a good K/D ratio but it gets treated like it's the last word in effectiveness far too often.
Occasional ship losses are part of doing business.

When I was helping destroy alliances in early 2010 we'd specifically look for guys with both a good K/D ratio but not very good not very good small gang stats (tag along killers) and single them out for hunting.

What was even better was when they'd use their Facebook accounts for both real life and Eve stuff, especially if they were visibly emotional about everything.

The other players we'd focus on were the significant others of alliance leaders or alliance leaders themselves on ratting alts in their own "private" ratting/plexing systems.

Obviously we'd ferret out their super-secret PVE alts and hammer them too but I'm not going to go into how we pulled off those shenanigans since I'm still making money with that trade secret.

We frequently succeeded at chasing down people who would run to lowsec, nullsec and even w-space a few times.

Remember the opening scene of The Way Of The Gun when the loudmouth girlfriend gets punched in the nose?
That was a good metaphor for how we fought an asymmetrical campaign.
We might get stomped but the alliance leadership had to live with the metaphorical girlfriend with a broken nose.

Some of what my corp did was pretty upsetting to our targets beyond just in-game losses and we invested a ton of prep and research time for each kill in most cases.
The PERSEC/OPSEC implications very seriously freaked people out as much or more than the in-game kills, especially since we never ever used corp spies or awox methods.
Not smack talking and generally being polite seemed to really upset them too.

FW is nice because most of that intel cycle and decision loop is useless due to the pace of things.
Another nice thing is that most experienced FW players don't get all shitty to their corp mates over every single lost ship.
The best thing about FW is that the neutral alt douchebaggery is kept to a minimum.
The two things I hate more than anything are station games and neutral alts.

So the real question is now that I have Gallente and Amarr Dreadnought V along with Capital Laser and Capital Hybrid skills to V, what should I do?

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One of the things that drove me to be less active in Eve are people that play KillboardStats Online.
Nothing wrong with a good K/D ratio but it gets treated like it's the last word in effectiveness far too often.

When I was helping destroy alliances in early 2010 we'd specifically look for guys with both a good K/D ratio but not very good not very good small gang stats (tag along killers) and single them out for hunting.

What was even better was when they'd use their Facebook accounts for both real life and Eve stuff, especially if they were visibly emotional about everything.

The other players we'd focus on were the significant others of alliance leaders or alliance leaders themselves on ratting alts in their own "private" ratting/plexing systems.

Obviously we'd ferret out their super-secret PVE alts and hammer them too but I'm not going to go into how we pulled off those shenanigans since I'm still making money with that trade secret.

We frequently succeeded at chasing down people who would run to lowsec, nullsec and even w-space a few times.

Remember the opening scene of The Way Of The Gun when the loudmouth girlfriend gets punched in the nose?
We might get stomped but the alliance leadership had to live with the metaphorical girlfriend with a broken nose.

Some of what my corp did was pretty upsetting to our targets beyond just in-game losses and we invested a ton of prep and research time for each kill in most cases.
The PERSEC/OPSEC implications very seriously freaked people out as much or more than the in-game kills, especially since we never ever used corp spies or awox methods.

FW is nice because most of that intel cycle and decision loop is useless due to the pace of things.
Another nice thing is that most experienced FW players don't get all shitty to their corp mates over every single lost ship.
The best thing about FW is that the neutral alt douchebaggery is kept to a minimum.

So the real question is now that I have Gallente and Amarr Dreadnought V along with Capital Laser and Capital Hybrid skills to V, what should I do?

View Quote

Lol play docking games of course!

So Reddit was surprisingly helpful actually. Got some solid suggestions as follows:

1) We're going straight to FW as just us for now. As we get in there, we will ideally build a reputation and garner some interest.

2) I'm going to try and build some guides and shtuff that will be all sesame street for the new guys, maybe set up some bloggy stuff. I hate "bloggers" but it has its uses here.

3) Ditching missions as initial focus, ISK should be made through FW. I just need the details on how to turn the LP into ISK. Also Incursions as an option.

4) Offering replacement frigs/modules: We can easily buy a pile of frigates for the newbs to lose in PVP. Using my Paladin I can stock the corp hangar with free mods from mission looting.

5) Focusing on timezone and trainer/rookie ratio. I'll need to look around and see if we can find guys who maybe want to step back from large 0.0 ops, and might like FW. Looking to collect some Top Gun instructors, not just rookies. I figure we can't be the only ones whose IRL schedule keeps them from the big ops, but still want to kill shit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So Reddit was surprisingly helpful actually. Got some solid suggestions as follows:

1) We're going straight to FW as just us for now. As we get in there, we will ideally build a reputation and garner some interest.

2) I'm going to try and build some guides and shtuff that will be all sesame street for the new guys, maybe set up some bloggy stuff. I hate "bloggers" but it has its uses here.

3) Ditching missions as initial focus, ISK should be made through FW. I just need the details on how to turn the LP into ISK. Also Incursions as an option.

4) Offering replacement frigs/modules: We can easily buy a pile of frigates for the newbs to lose in PVP. Using my Paladin I can stock the corp hangar with free mods from mission looting.

5) Focusing on timezone and trainer/rookie ratio. I'll need to look around and see if we can find guys who maybe want to step back from large 0.0 ops, and might like FW. Looking to collect some Top Gun instructors, not just rookies. I figure we can't be the only ones whose IRL schedule keeps them from the big ops, but still want to kill shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You going to Amarr FW?
I have an alt in Amarr FW that can fly assault frigs and has the best roleplaying name EVAR.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
SNIP

You going to Amarr FW?

View Quote

I think so. The 3 of us are already in Amarr/Ammatar space, and I don't think Amarr are doing so hot. Plus I believe some of CFC/Reddit's guys are in Amarr so hopefully there is a chance things will turn up. In the short term it will be good practice for us, and hopefully expose us to some more rookies looking for a corp, or for some vets who want to step back and help train. Incursions on the side in the Paladin do sound tempting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, I have been reading this thread for awhile and comprehending about every 12th word, so I fired up a new trial.   (I played once for a couple weeks many years ago.)

What...have...I...done....

I spent all day on the tutorials and am about to log on to finish up some more.  It is an odd feeling, knowing I am in an universe I understand about 1% of.

I really liked the exploration paths with data, archaeology and gas discovery.  I am going to train up some exploration ships and give it a go.  The 1% is kicking in again- I know there are vast hordes out there in space, just waiting for my smiling noob face to warp in.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, I have been reading this thread for awhile and comprehending about every 12th word, so I fired up a new trial.   (I played once for a couple weeks many years ago.)

I spent all day on the tutorials and am about to log on to finish up some more.  It is an odd feeling, knowing I am in an universe I understand about 1% of.

I really liked the exploration paths with data, archaeology and gas discovery.  I am going to train up some exploration ships and give it a go.  The 1% is kicking in again- I know there are vast hordes out there in space, just waiting for my smiling noob face to warp in.  
View Quote

Be sure you get in the in-game channel.
Several of us are quite willing to help.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Welcome.... just wait to you start heading out into null space and the blood starts pumping while you're playing cat and mouse with a fleet of ships

Join the ARFCOM channel if you want to BS with us.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, if you decide you want to try/learn some PVP as well, I'm part of a small startup corp that's going to be like a boot camp, focusing on PVP and survival in EVE. You can always do some Faction Warfare so you can learn to fight properly, and we'll do some 0.0 roams and stuff to show you the mechanisms involved in setting up quick safes, scanning, etc. Poke me in the publick arfcom chat if you have any general EVE Q's.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the advice and offers of training- I will fire up the arfcom channel next time I am on.  It would be good to see if this game fits my play style with some more advanced folks.

I have a bunch of skills queued so I can do a bit more next time I am on.  I spent some time today learning the ropes of probe scanning.  My goal was to find an anomaly with relics or data.  There was a bit of a learning curve and I had to get used to yanking the star map around but I did finally track down a data site!

Then I found that my Civilian Data Analyzer wasn't up to the task and I'd have to cool it another 8 hours to get some skills up so I can use a "real" one.  Gah!  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thanks for the advice and offers of training- I will fire up the arfcom channel next time I am on.  It would be good to see if this game fits my play style with some more advanced folks.

I have a bunch of skills queued so I can do a bit more next time I am on.  I spent some time today learning the ropes of probe scanning.  My goal was to find an anomaly with relics or data.  There was a bit of a learning curve and I had to get used to yanking the star map around but I did finally track down a data site!

Then I found that my Civilian Data Analyzer wasn't up to the task and I'd have to cool it another 8 hours to get some skills up so I can use a "real" one.  Gah!  
View Quote

The hardest skill for you to train right now isn't an in-game skill.
It's the skill of patience with your in-game training.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol yup. While other RPG's involve grinding for the EXP and the $$$, EVE the XP comes with time but you need the ISK to support the usage of whatever you train and for buying skill books. If anything all that waiting time is your window to grind down the ISK you will need to take advantage of whatever you are training for, be it a new ship hull, new guns, better fitting skills, or hacking. It also helps you appreciate the differences as you bump skill levels. An example, at Logistics 4 you would need to receive two cap transfers to stay cap stable, but with Logistics 5 you only need 1. That's a very noticable difference when running logistics in a major fleet fight!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exploration is an excellent way to start out. You can start earning quite a bit of isk early.
Also, if you get into gas, or are interested in Wormholes, shoot me your in game name and I can hook you up with my corps recruiter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#37]
We got our new corp up, pretty sure it's Chaos Imperium. At least it's not a trading company name lol. When I get home tonight, I'll get everything set up and plop the pub chat channel in here and ARF channel in game.

If you're bored, returning, or want to change gears we are going to give Faction Warfare a go. We'll be a pretty small group so it should be more closely knit for those guys that are learning PVP and EVE in general. If you're US evening/late TZ we could use some peeps, and certainly some guys to help on the instructor end.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We got our new corp up, pretty sure it's Chaos Imperium. At least it's not a trading company name
View Quote

Imperium, Emporium, it's almost a trading company name.

Best of luck, I'd really like to try FW sometime, but I can't spend as much time with my own corp as I should, let alone an alt in someone elses.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 3:47:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

We will say hello in our own special way when you come down our chain!
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing says "welcome" like a T2 blaster in the face, amirite?  :)

Onyx
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Onyx
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onyx

Or a bunch of tech 3 cruisers dry humping you!
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onyx

I kept wondering why people in the arfcom channel were inviting me to lowsec for "punch and pie".  

Everyone in the channel has been very helpful with advice, offers and a generous wad of ISK to get started.

Hopefully I will be ready for some fun soon.  I am getting pretty comfortable running missions, but am in no way prepared for PvP or defending myself if I get jumped so I may need a bit of battle school down the road.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I kept wondering why people in the arfcom channel were inviting me to lowsec for "punch and pie".  

Everyone in the channel has been very helpful with advice, offers and a generous wad of ISK to get started.

Hopefully I will be ready for some fun soon.  I am getting pretty comfortable running missions, but am in no way prepared for PvP or defending myself if I get jumped so I may need a bit of battle school down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onyx

If you can fly a frigate with a mwd and a long or short point you're ready for pvp. Don't be scared, jump into the deep end. Otherwise you'll get bored.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not even safe in highsec if you've got a nice expensive ship as some people found out today.

Not that I condone suicide ganking
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#45]
suicide ganking is my crack. I love seeing people cry. The tears are wonderful.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Super? I just got mine.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I will never get a super. I have zero desire to be an article on The Mittani.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not to mention having to train an alt for it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For some of us that's not a problem.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Bump.

I'm getting the itch to re-up my account...
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top