Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
My blisters when I get them are worse than hers.  But I usually only get one or two from a stray ant that gets into my clothing in northwest florida.  I never get into nests any more.  I have just learned to be careful because they are everywhere.  Even my dogs know how to deal with them.  If they find a rotten pear on the ground, one of them will roll it on the ground to get the ants off so she can chew on the pear.  
I would strip that cop and cut his skin.  Those ants are also carnivorous and breaking the skin gives them a way to get at some food.  I would leave him tied there and come back in a week to bag the bones.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The ones in Alabama leave those blisters every time.
View Quote

SWGA as well. Vicious little fuckers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is she suing three years later?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe it was intentional, maybe it was just really bad luck but either way….fire ants sucks.

If you’ve never been in them, the bites aren’t terribly painful, maybe 10% of a bee sting at most, but they get on you and latch on by the dozens in a matter of seconds. They’re very small, very aggressive, and there’s like 7 billion in every hill lol. The bites swell up and fill with puss about the size of small pimples but clear up in a few days.

Some people are allergic to them and I can think of two times around here that people have died from their bites.

Their mounds look similar to the texture of saw dust and if you damage it, they’ll move it closer to your house as an act of vengeance lol. They get in meter bases, switch boxes, hide mounds under pine straw, etc.

If they were the size of cockroaches they would be the only legged creature in existence.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lol. Ants.
What this country has become
View Quote
The words of someone that has never been covered in fire ants.

I have. It's not fun. In fact, I've currently got a bunch of bites on both arms and legs, from getting into a nest a few weeks ago. Got hit about 15 times. I couldn't imagine 300+ on the face and upper torso.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#6]
When I was a little kid, I used to play Ultraman/Godzilla on those mounds, they're like crawling fire.

I imagine I'll have to deal with those soon, brother's in the hospital racked with cancer. Mom and I are gonna fly down to Houston, I'll be mowing a yard that hasn't been mowed in months.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Didn’t see the video, but if it shows that she was deliberately held in the pile as a means of “teaching her a lesson”, then that would be torture in my book. The pictures of her face and neck being covered like that are damning evidence, and to read that she was not given treatment for three days following is inexcusable. This seems like it was minor traffic violation that they escalated due to her not immediately bowing to their authority. “Regular people” don’t often come in contact with police, and I can understand if she was confused as to what they wanted her to do. Add a small child in the car, and it looks like these cops were way out of line here.

Fire ants are no joke. I’ve come across some huge piles at work, and they can easily contain hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of ants that can swarm over you astonishingly fast. Disturbing a pile triggers an immediate attack response and you’d better get clear…fast! Everyone who has spent any time outdoors if FL will recognize the “fire ant dance” of someone who has just stepped in a pile. It’s usually a mistake you only make once.

I always have a can of Amdro on hand at the house, and will immediately eradicate any nest I see starting to form. It can go from a small ring to a festering pile in only a week or two if you don’t treat it right away. I hate them with passion.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What’s up with “Malcolm X” (on the right) joining in on the news conference? Force of habit?
View Quote

My first thought. “WTF is with this dude?”

Maybe he’s her boyfriend
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure how it is ran in Texas, but here you are taken to jail when arrested and the Sheriff's Office takes custody of you. At that point; once youve cleared the jail nurse it is the SO's responsibility for treatment. Is it the same in Texas?  If it is; is she also going after the SO?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If they’re the same type of fire ants that are around here, she wouldn’t have to be in the nest very long.  If she was cuffed, she couldn’t get them off of her and if the cops didn’t do it pretty quickly she could easily have been bitten like the pictures show.  They might not hurt as bad as yellow jackets, but no one is going to sit there on purpose and get that many fire ant bites if they can help it.
View Quote

They’re not bites they’re stings, exactly like yellow jackets do.  I’d sue the fuck out of those pricks too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol. Ants.
View Quote

Lol.  I guess you’re from the north with no fire ants.  But you won’t post your locale so IDK. Lol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol.  I guess you’re from the north with no fire ants.  But you won’t post your locale so IDK. Lol.
View Quote

The few times I was bit by them were terrible.  I blistered worse than her and the bites last for weeks.  They itch like no other insect bite I’ve ever had too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Fire ants are no joke, I hunt hogs at night & am wary about the soft mounds I find with my feet. I wear 17" tall snake boots that help protect against ants too.

Every fire ant bite I get results in those pustulates. Horrible when I get a dozen. 300 like she got on her fave might kill someone. She probably needed an epinephrine shot plus Benadryl.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would have sued them before my ass was out on bail. You can look at someone and see they are covered in fire ants.
View Quote

Yep. I'd give her at least $2,000,000 by today's standard.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never seen fire ants leave those blisters before.
View Quote

You're joking right?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Those bites look like every time those little fuckers have hit me, both in number and blisters.
They are the yellow jackets of the ant world (at least down here).
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hope she wins, what was the point of holding her face down as the ants had their way with her.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope she wins, what was the point of holding her face down as the ants had their way with her.

Im not seeing where they held her face down. In the footage I saw, her head is up and moving around. I'm guessing the mound is under her since I didnt see an obvious one around where her head is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

“Misleading body cam footage?”

That’s a bold strategy Cotton.
View Quote

"misleading" probably refers to the little snippet of footage being shown by the attorney
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Nobody should be put in a situation that injures them.  And fire ants can really hurt.

But, am I the only one that sees a 5 o'clock shadow on her chin in the second photo?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Thats fucked up. She should get paid. The badge cam evidence is pretty clear. Look at them… I would like to see the whole video of the inccident though i dont know what could excuse this..
Lawsuit filed against Santa Fe Police
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No group ever recorded a song called "Fuck the Fire Dept."
View Quote
Ok  that got me . Lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#24]
One of my boys got in a fire ant nest last year. He went into anaphylaxis for a little bit but came out of it on his own.

I drowned that nest in gas and it burned for like 2 days.

Fuck fire ants.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Couple bites, whatever.  Being left there long enough for that to happen, nope.

100% on the site on the girl.  

They should do away with traffic police.
View Quote
Dude I drive my Charger at high speeds a lot and even I think thats retarded.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What's up with "Malcolm X" (on the right) joining in on the news conference? Force of habit?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lol. Ants.
View Quote
Has to be trolling. Look at the goddamn pictures. I hope she wins big.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
She was in a cell fkr 2 days before she received any medical attention

300+ bites when they stopped counting them

Her 9 year old was in her car when it was stopped and  another officer named in the lawsuit totalled it

The black guy is a retired Houston police Sargent with 28 years as a officer and civil rights advocate who siad that dept needs to have the DOJ go in and investigate
View Quote
Wait, presumably they moved her car out of the road and crashed it during?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#29]
They should have given her a copy of her statement on actual paper.  That way she wouldnt have had to pause so often while scrolling on her phone to read about her anguish.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wait, presumably they moved her car out of the road and crashed it during?
View Quote

The article says an officer hit her car since she was going the wrong way at a school and didnt initially stop (aka she wasnt doing anything) when told to do so (by one of the school police that was on foot?)
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Couple bites, whatever.  Being left there long enough for that to happen, nope.
View Quote

I doubt anybody here has ever held their hands behind their back, rolled facedown in the ants, and left the ants to do their thing uninterrupted.

That said, if we only have a few seconds of video, did the cops act to help her within seconds of realizing what was happening and the video clip end just before assistance was given?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Why is Montel Williams involved?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why is she suing three years later?
View Quote

Because the statute of limitations is three years?

@LawyerUp mentioned a new client who was trying to work with an attorney who wouldn't file and wouldn't decline the job.
Finally declined shortly before SOL would expire and referred them to John, who had immediate plans to file suit.

I think it was this one:
https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2024/05/03/the-most-ignorant-wv-cops-yet-exclusive-bodycam-lawsuit-inbound/
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is there video of the incident?
View Quote

But it's "misleading".
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is there video of the incident?
View Quote

If you listen to the PD, it’s, “misleading.”

They continue to not hold themselves accountable, which is why so many seemed to have turned their back on them.

I love the police, but to say a woman was treated with divinity and respect while allowing fire ants to continue to bite her is the bullshit that leads to the ACAB beliefs.

Just admit this shouldn’t have happened like this, but too many blue backers won’t.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, that's one way of looking at it.
View Quote

It is. It’s also a great point in why i personally love the ignore feature.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#37]
LIVE: Houston woman files lawsuit after claiming officers held her face down in a pile of fire ants

Lawsuit filed against Santa Fe Police
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you listen to the PD, it’s, “misleading.”

They continue to not hold themselves accountable, which is why so many seemed to have turned their back on them.

I love the police, but to say a woman was treated with divinity and respect while allowing fire ants to continue to bite her is the bullshit that leads to the ACAB beliefs.

Just admit this shouldn’t have happened like this, but too many blue backers won’t.
View Quote

Reading the article, before the site locked up laptop up, it’s more obvious that they are saying the footage shown at the press conference is misleading.

I need to see more then that little bit of footage to say if there’s wrong doing
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Those don't look like any fire ant bites I've ever seen.

Why did she wait so long to file the lawsuit?

Ha ha, those are just a couple lil ant bites.

She shouldn't have resisted.

I was taught to be polite and respectful to dUh bLeW and this never happens to me.

Am I missing any so far?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Another one that should come out of the police pension fund.

Completely preventable by not being fucking dickheads and showing just a hair of human compassion.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Reading the article, before the site locked up laptop up, it’s more obvious that they are saying the footage shown at the press conference is misleading.

I need to see more then that little bit of footage to say if there’s wrong doing
View Quote

There’s always the truth in the middle, but didn’t like what I saw in her snippet, and reading she wasn’t given treatment for days. Why was she still in jail at all?

I’ve seen enough to say this shouldn’t have happened the way it did.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I like the follower of the Nation Of Islam and their great ideology.

Never seen fire ants leave those blisters before.
View Quote

Looks like Herpes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

They try to keep that kind of music in the closet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Those don't look like any fire ant bites I've ever seen.

Why did she wait so long to file the lawsuit?

Ha ha, those are just a couple lil ant bites.

She shouldn't have resisted.

I was taught to be polite and respectful to dUh bLeW and this never happens to me.

Am I missing any so far?
View Quote

Nope you’re as 1 sided as ever.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#46]
$10,000 per bite.

And another $1,000 per bite for each day she was untreated.

And fire the cop that did that...and open him, and the department, to a criminal investigation.

Pure torture.

If I grabbed a strange woman and forced her face-first into a fire ant mound, I would get tried in criminal court...and then civil.  The uniform should not prevent individual accountability.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There’s always the truth in the middle, but didn’t like what I saw in her snippet, and reading she wasn’t given treatment for days. Why was she still in jail at all?

I’ve seen enough to say this shouldn’t have happened the way it did.
View Quote

This is why I asked how custody is handled there. If she is at the county jail then the Sheriff's Office would be responsible for her medical treatment while she is in custody.  When it comes to why was she in jail. I'm guessing she couldnt meet the terms of release set by the magistrate or whoever handles that post arrest.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#48]
KPRC 2's Rilwan Balogun spoke with Santa Fe ISD Police Chief Ruben Espinoza via Zoom. Espinoza was a sergeant with the school district and at the scene of the arrest.

According to Espinoza, Rogers appeared to be attempting to cut to the front of the area where parents drop off their students, and she behaved erratically when he attempted to warn her against it.

A short time later, Rogers was apprehended by different officers, and she drove off the road onto grass attempting to get away after they turned on their lights, Espinoza said.

“She turned her vehicle into a bus driveway where students are dropped off by the bus,” Espinoza said. “That location [is] at the front of the school is very close to where kids are being dropped off. I could tell she was determined not to stop, so my fear was... that she was going to run over someone near the school. So, I used my vehicle to stop her vehicle from doing that.”

After officers stopped her vehicle, Espinoza said Rogers was being erratic and noncompliant when she was put into handcuffs. At this point, he says the events that took place in the video don’t tell the full story.

He also clarified that there was no visible ant pile on the area of the ground where Rogers was placed.

Body Camera footage from Santa Fe ISD police department.
Body Camera footage from Santa Fe ISD police department. (Santa Fe ISD Police Department)
“The video that y’all were provided by her attorneys does not show a complete, accurate description of the event,” Espinoza said. “In the video, you can clearly see there is no pile of ants that was observable, that I could see at that time. During this whole time, she’s noncompliant.”

He added that he told officers to put Rogers in the police vehicle seconds after she was heard saying she was being bitten, but she resisted again. After the video cuts, Espinoza says officers told Rogers to calm down, at which point she agreed and was lifted without further incident.

“The description of the ants only lasted seconds, and it only lasted as long as it did because she was noncompliant. She would’ve been lifted off the ground sooner if she had quit resisting at that time.”

Santa Fe Police Chief Walter Barun could not be reached for comment, but Santa Fe City Manager Alun Thomas has spoken out in support of the officers involved. He added that he was satisfied with the internal investigation into the officers’ behavior during the incident.

“We have a process in place and certain standards we expect our officers to meet,” Thomas said. “When officers fall short of those standards, appropriate action is taken against them.”

Thomas said city policy prevented him from commenting further on the case or the lawsuit.
View Quote

A bit more info  

Quote source
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Fire Ant mound induced double post
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#50]
What happened before this also sounds like it'd be interesting. She was driving but the cop, on foot, pounded on the window and drew his weapon (threatening lethal force for a traffic violation?). She was presumably stopped and approached by officers on foot, but why?  And why so aggressive off the jump, assuming this is accurate.

Per the lawsuit, Rogers was driving with her son when an officer started yelling at her to stop. Court documents said Rogers panicked because officers pounded on her vehicle and pointed their gun at her
View Quote
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top