User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The automotive world

You mean junk budget cars that people with poor credit get approved financing for?

View Quote

Some people actually work for a living.... and aren't paid what they are worth.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not even sure what the point of a sedan is anymore.

There's not much it does better than a CUV and even so only marginally.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
They focus on what sells, same as any other business.

I see a hell of a lot more sportages than optimas.   More explorers than taurus.   More rav4s than camry.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuck CUVs and fuck most SUVs as well.

Sedans or trucks for me.

As long as I can anyhow.
View Quote

This.  Just because "the masses" like something, doesn't mean it is actually good.

Almost half the country votes democrat.... Just because they chose democrat doesn't mean it is the best choice.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fixed it for ya, but you're correct the Sedans are going the way of the dinosaurs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The CX5 is Mazda’s prime model.

Ford only makes 2 cars, the Mustang and the Fusion

Sedans are dead meat.

Fixed it for ya, but you're correct the Sedans are going the way of the dinosaurs.

Fusion production ended in July.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some people actually work for a living.... and aren't paid what they are worth.
View Quote

@heavymetal762
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

i believe the fusion is done after this year.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My 2019 Kia Sportage is a great vehicle. Can carry 4 adults comfortably (can squeeze 5 in the middle if needed), plenty of leg and head room. I get 32 MPG on the highway. I would buy another one no question, but I have my eyes on the Kia Sorento. Bigger, better, with way more horse power.

My Sportage.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We are just one major terror attack to push oil back to $100/barrel and bring back small compacts and sedans.
View Quote

Or Biden getting elected!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Porsche doesn’t make an SUV but they do add interiors and tweak existing VAG offerings. Of course I’m a purist and think a real Porsche has to have cylinders in multiples of 6.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When Porsche made an SUV, the automotive world changed.

Porsche doesn’t make an SUV but they do add interiors and tweak existing VAG offerings. Of course I’m a purist and think a real Porsche has to have cylinders in multiples of 6.

Yes, I meant to say CUV. My mistake.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Now, we have CUV, with the same capacity without the sliding doors..

View Quote

You'll never be a minivan door gunner without the sliding door!

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Bring back the AMC/JEEP Eagle. My body is ready.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, cause Kia dictates the automotive world.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The way I see them, "crossovers" and CUV's are really just the station-wagons of today.

When I lived in Europe as a kid, station wagons were everywhere, and are ultimately a very practical vehicle.  All the benefits of a sedan, but with extra cargo space.  Crossovers and CUVs are exactly the same thing, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really,really,really don't like crossovers. They are just everything I hate about the state of frumpy,no standards for anything,lowest common denominator current culture in vehicular form.

I can't stand them either, but you and I are obviously in the minority these days. "The people have spoken", and all that.

The way I see them, "crossovers" and CUV's are really just the station-wagons of today.

When I lived in Europe as a kid, station wagons were everywhere, and are ultimately a very practical vehicle.  All the benefits of a sedan, but with extra cargo space.  Crossovers and CUVs are exactly the same thing, IMO.

Agree. Initially, manufacturers found a way to market the "utilitarian" uses of a station wagon without calling it a station wagon. Sold like crazy. And it wasn't a minivan.

Now an additional driver of CUV development is crash/safety standards. Cars/sedans have to be built up so much now for side impacts it makes it feel like rolling around in a tank. The taller CUVs allow larger window openings, better view, less cramped, etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate SUVs. As soon as the kids were driving on their own, I ditched em for good. Trucks and Mustangs for me and the wife
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

definitely
View Quote

first they came for the coupes... then they came for the sedans..
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah, cause Kia dictates the automotive world.
View Quote

Ford's building how many new cars that aren't Mustangs?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't stand them either, but you and I are obviously in the minority these days. "The people have spoken", and all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really,really,really don't like crossovers. They are just everything I hate about the state of frumpy,no standards for anything,lowest common denominator current culture in vehicular form.

That's the reality.

The guys who say they want stripped base model trucks, the guys who say they want traditional family sedans, and the guys who say they want manual transmissions in things that aren't sports/muscle cars all have one thing in common: They aren't/weren't actually buying those things new.

The people who buy new are the only people that get a vote on what gets built. Nobody else's opinion matters.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Truth!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Literally everyone I know owns SUV's, CUV's, and trucks.

I am the last person to own a two door car.

I want to buy a new two door performance car, but my current options are limited and shrinking by the model year.
Truth!

you guys will have to be driving a Camaro yo..
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

you guys will have to be driving a Camaro yo..
View Quote

I've test driven several Camaros. I don't like them.

Plus I keep hearing rumors that GM is killing it off in the next few years.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, came here to post this.

When I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's, station wagons were everywhere. IIRC, CAFE standards and then the oil crisis killed them. Someone with better memory can correct me if I'm wrong. It seemed like every other family had one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Does this have anything to do with the optima being replaced by the k5 for 2021?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fusion production ended in July.
View Quote

I stand corrected, thank you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

i believe the fusion is done after this year.
View Quote

I've been educated on this, you are correct.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My 2019 Kia Sportage is a great vehicle. Can carry 4 adults comfortably (can squeeze 5 in the middle if needed), plenty of leg and head room. I get 32 MPG on the highway. I would buy another one no question, but I have my eyes on the Kia Sorento. Bigger, better, with way more horse power.

My Sportage.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312/DSCF3253_JPG-1652068.JPG
View Quote

CVT or gears?  @littlepony
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are just one major terror attack to push oil back to $100/barrel and bring back small compacts and sedans.

We are currently oil independent.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Interesting.

Wife and I, mostly me, have been researching our oldest daughters first car. Have been eyeing the Seltos or Sportage.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My Sportage.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312/DSCF3253_JPG-1652068.JPG
View Quote

But, but just look at it.  It has no aesthetically pleasing aspects anywhere on it.  It's booooorrrriiiinnnnggggg.

This just joined my family.  

It makes a statement.  That statement may be I'm really loud and ridiculously fast and the old guy inside is probably going through some mid-life crisis or compensating for something, but at least it's statement.  That Sportage is just on the sidelines taking notes.  No offense...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Well... so long as Hyundai keeps making the Genesis or a similar replacement, oh well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Laughs in F250
View Quote

Laughs in F350.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Give me a 500hp AWD family sedan with a manual transmission then we can talk, otherwise 0FG
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I would prefer a big old Cadillac. A trunk you can fit guns,fishing gear and outboard motor in with room to spare.  
Rides like floating in the air can't feel chuck holes or protesters.
Man the good old days
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I hate crossovers.  If sedans go away, that just means I’ll never buy a new car in the future.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They should just bring back real wagons. (Or at least offer them in the US, in the case of things like the Mazda 6.)

ETA:

Quoted:
Agreed, that they're just about the most practical vehicle ever...perhaps with the exception of the crew cab pickup (depending on where you live).

To me, the best overall config would be a ute. Too bad they are even dying out in their home country.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fuck CUVs.

But most modern sedans are garbage too.   Would take a hatchback over most any one of them.

Stupidest thing the auto industry did was to kill off the station wagon.  Mid sized station wagons would kill it.   And shooting brakes are about as sexy as it gets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck CUVs and fuck most SUVs as well.

Sedans or trucks for me.

As long as I can anyhow.

Fuck CUVs.

But most modern sedans are garbage too.   Would take a hatchback over most any one of them.

Stupidest thing the auto industry did was to kill off the station wagon.  Mid sized station wagons would kill it.   And shooting brakes are about as sexy as it gets.

Subaru labels the Outback as a CUV, but it's an AWD wagon...

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My work parking lot is 99% SUVs; Pilots, RAV4s, Explorers, Highlanders, Tiguans, etc.   They all look the same to me.  Only cars in the lot are my GTI and another guy’s 7-Series BMW.
View Quote

Only quoted this post because BMW is listed in it....

My take is the Crossover is just another name for a station wagon...just more hip in todays world.  I admit they are not the same but very similar in capabilities with the exception of ride height if you need to jump a curb.  I would prefer the wagon and I would have gotten one of these if they would have imported them in the US.....  

EDIT....I should have read one more post before I hit the quote button...the station wagon / CUV was mentioned....

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I would really love to have a wagon like this.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Subaru labels the Outback as a CUV, but it's an AWD wagon...
View Quote

A lifted wagon. An Outback is a lifted Legacy; they used to make Legacy wagons. The difference was in the suspension, and some assorted styling bits.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#42]
cuv
I'm still upset everyone got rid of wagons.
My daily driver work car is an AWD wagon I'm keeping as long as it lasts. I just hope there are better wagon choices when I need a new car, maybe by then Mercedes will let us leave the A45
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#44]

The silver one would be cool with an eco boost swap.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#45]

4x4 302 bronco/pinto
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I’m a fan. I’m 6’6” and don’t fit in many sedans outside of an old Buick. Add some car seats for little ones and that cuts even more options.

More vehicles that I fit in and handle better in crappy weather is only a plus for me.

*although when going fast and taking turns, I haven’t  driven anything better that a police package Taurus. Also never driven anything nicer ......

But fuck getting in and out of that thing. It will hurt a young mans neck and back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Bring back wagons!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

CVT or gears?  @littlepony
View Quote

gears

next gen gets 2 different 8 speeds

@ErikS
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#49]
My favorite wagon of all time.

image hosting sites" />
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#50]

That’s pretty bad-ass. Back when cars were about style and not about compliance to .gov regs and wind tunnel numbers.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top