Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Recon Tanto from around 98 somewhere. Used it in Alaska to chop saplings down to make a smoke fire to keep the mosquitos off. It has the leather sheath.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, last pictures of the night.

The Bushman knives were all steel, one piece knives with a handle made from the steel blank and rolled up.  They had a pin hole in the back, so you could buy a pole from CS and make a spear from it.

Very cheap knives to buy, I guess from low manufacturing costs, but great steel.  The big one wasn't very sharp when I bought it new, but it took and excellent edge.  The later version, the mini, had an epoxy finish, and had been sharpened to a good edge.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:12:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Very nice.  The first Recon Tantos were sort of a stealth version of their regular tanto, with a subdued finish.  Later on, they called the Carbon V, epoxy coated, rubber hilt tanto the Recon Tanto as well.
View Quote

Yup, bead-blasted brass and steel with the Kraton handle material.  Personally, I like the looks of the first version better, but it's a YMMV thing.

edit - typo
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:17:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Bushman knives were all steel, one piece knives with a handle made from the steel blank and rolled up.  They had a pin hole in the back, so you could buy a pole from CS and make a spear from it.

Very cheap knives to buy, I guess from low manufacturing costs, but great steel.  The big one wasn't very sharp when I bought it new, but it took and excellent edge.  The later version, the mini, had an epoxy finish, and had been sharpened to a good edge.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Bushman_and_Minii_Bushman_jpg-2493341.JPG
View Quote

I was going to get one of those, and didn't for some reason.  Always thought it was a nice concept for an inexpensive stout knife.

OP - very nice collection of CS.

Enjoy seeing the contributions from other posters as well.

This has been a fun thread so far, always enjoy the trip down memory lane with vintage CS.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:20:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's my collection of not so retro Cold Steel products.

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]

The one bottom right of top pic is not CS, it was an unknown custom job
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the Bushman was 15 bucks or something like that when I bought it, with a decent sheath.  A steal, as it's a good knife, and sharpened up to a nice edge. It has a curve to the edge that slices through stuff like a hot knife through butter.

OK, one more.

CS made a few models in some sort of plastic, that's pretty strong.  I have the Delta Dart, which I guess is the poor man's version of the steel one, and the Executive Ice Scraper!  It was billed as a weapon you could have around if you weren't supposed to, and the ads talked about the nasty 3 inch long gash someone would get if hit in the face with it.  Or you'd have an ice free window, depending on what you used it for.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice, got one of the Safe Keeper push daggers, and is that the Gladius or such Roman short sword?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quite the tanto collection.  Is the big one the 12" version?

Got the first version of the Recon Scout too I see.  I now need to pick one of those up, after seeing you guys version.  They are not cheap, at 3-400 bucks, due to how few were made.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CS made a few rescue style knives.

The Land and Sea Rescues had a sheepfoot style blade, to be less likely to stab who you're trying to rescue.  The blue handle version is pretty rare, and I think was only offered for one or two years.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Land_and_Sea_Rescues_jpg-2493271.JPG

The Emergency Rescue Knife was a sort of manual switchblade, where you pushed up on the knob to get it open or close.  I would fiddle with my first one so much that I ended up breaking it, so had to plunk down for another:

[url]https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Emergency_Rescue_Knife___32NS_jpg-2493275.JPG[/img}

View Quote

I've got one of those out the front rescue knives I carried for a while.  My first SRK was the unpainted blade style and some wanker stole it- that knife had been all over with me and I still hope whoever stole it met an befitting someone who would steal another man's obviously well loved knife.  I've still got the Carbon V epoxy coated version that replaced it along with a Carbon V Recon Tanto that I've never figured out a use for.  There's also a Safe Keeper I carried in my boot for a while, a trail hawk and probably some others I'm forgetting off the top of my head.  I've still got one of their whitewood (?) bo staffs that I've beat the heck out of too.  

One of my college roommates had one of the fancy expensive (especially for back then) tantos, one of the upper tier katanas and one of the Trailmasters with the stag handles.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:41:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've got one of those out the front rescue knives I carried for a while.  My first SRK was the unpainted blade style and some wanker stole it- that knife had been all over with me and I still hope whoever stole it met an befitting someone who would steal another man's obviously well loved knife.  I've still got the Carbon V epoxy coated version that replaced it along with a Carbon V Recon Tanto that I've never figured out a use for.  There's also a Safe Keeper I carried in my boot for a while, a trail hawk and probably some others I'm forgetting off the top of my head.  I've still got one of their whitewood (?) bo staffs that I've beat the heck out of too.  

One of my college roommates had one of the fancy expensive (especially for back then) tantos, one of the upper tier katanas and one of the Trailmasters with the stag handles.
View Quote

Ooo, the Trailmaster with the stag handle, and brown leather sheath is a treat.  Those are 400-600 dollar knives now, depending on condition.  The first generation Trailmasters had this little notch at the end of the edge, and go for more.  I'll show that when I post my Trailmaster pics.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:37:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Man.  I got all excited and ran down into the basement to grab an old knife I've had since at least highschool.  Probably earlier.  But, turns out it's not a Cold Steel like I thought.  So it doesn't count but I wanted to include it anyway.  SOG used to make good shit.  This has held up to abuse.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137867/IMG_20220817_220843306_jpg-2493159.JPG
View Quote

Hattori, like most of CS's good shit.  You can still buy Hattori stuff that is patterned after SOG knives, starting at around $500 and going up from there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
CS was a great marketing company that sold knives. I went to their ventura parking lot sale about 15 years ago and learned they made nothing in house.
I once saw a shipment of CS swords being imported withOUT the CS logo. I guess they added that on in ventura.

Still got the carbon-v usa made tanto.
View Quote

So is Fällkniven - like CS, they chose Hattori to make most of their stuff.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:59:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Growing up in the 80's, I spent many an hour looking over Solider of Fortune and Guns and Ammo magazines, deciding on what all to buy once I actually had any money, and could buy a gun.  

I always liked this Cold Steel ad, where some dudes are playing poker by looks of it, and Cold Steel tanto is there to save the day for the guy in the sport coat.

https://www.devonbuy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/cold-steel-ad-small.jpg

When I finally had some money, early 90's, I started buying and collecting Cold Steel stuff, and have a decent collection by now.  I'll post pictures of what I have in this topic, and feel free to add your own pictures of vintage, Japan or Carbon V era CS stuff.

Here's the first Cold Steel knife I bought, a magnum tanto, with a 9 inch blade.  Cost I think 120 bucks in 1990, which was about 1/6th of a month's take home pay as an E-3 in the Army.  Beautiful knife.  Thought about packing it along with me to Saudi Arabia, but bought an SRK instead.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Magnum_Tanto___13M_jpg-2492978.JPG

Here's the SRK.  This is one of the first generation ones, where the blade is parkerized , as the later ones had an epoxy coating to them.  This is the one I took over for fun and games in the desert, and while re-installing the Emir of Kuwait back onto his throne, this knife opened many an MRE and ammo pallet.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/SRK___38C_SRK_jpg-2492980.JPG

When I got back, I used some of my 100 dollar a month combat pay I'd earned, and bought this push dagger, the Terminator!  Same one that was used in Platoon, though I had fewer scars than Tom Berringer, and would have actually used it on Charline Sheen:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Terminator_jpg-2492981.JPG

View Quote
I bought an SRK as a PFC. Over 15 years later I still have it on my chest rig. That’s some badass Japanese steel.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 4:33:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep, that's the Trailmaster, their Bowie knife.  Most likely in their Carbon V steel, though some were stainless and Made in Japan.  Awesome knife.  Be sure to oil it up, as it will rust if it gets wet.
View Quote

I can very lightly see USA on the blade under the cold steel logo. Very faint but it’s there.

It’s oiled now. Very hefty piece. It’s gotten me interested in finding other Bowies to get. I Have the Spyderco Respect bowie as well. Just sort of researching. A Puma bowie is on the list to get.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:08:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Great thread   !  

I always had an obsession with the Peace Keeper series..

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2XCjFf-iVLs/maxresdefault.jpg[/qute]

Came to post this.
Mines in the kydex sheath.
Non black blade.
Wanted the Tai pan ...but was to cheap

Got the trainer version of it as well.( Peace keeper)
Handle  always seemed short.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Got this the same time as the CS Peace maker..35$ ..prolly circa 06' or 7.
Also bought a knar TDI back then.

Becker knife and tool combat bowie 7 .
Tge sheath was meh...knife is great. Dunno bout the newer ones after the company got bought out.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#20]
These aren’t from way back.  But are Cold Steel. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#21]
This one goes back to early 90’s.  I carry it to this very day . Made in Japan. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I still have the DVDs in which I believe the gentleman's name is Lynn Thomas would slice up meat with samurai swords in his videos.
View Quote

You forgot about the thick bundles of ropes.

I missed out getting a Sai-Mai Trailmaster.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No Pentagon?

View Quote

The Pentagon is made by SOG.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Growing up in the 80's, I spent many an hour looking over Solider of Fortune and Guns and Ammo magazines, deciding on what all to buy once I actually had any money, and could buy a gun.  

I always liked this Cold Steel ad, where some dudes are playing poker by looks of it, and Cold Steel tanto is there to save the day for the guy in the sport coat.

When I finally had some money, early 90's, I started buying and collecting Cold Steel stuff, and have a decent collection by now.  I'll post pictures of what I have in this topic, and feel free to add your own pictures of vintage, Japan or Carbon V era CS stuff.

Here's the first Cold Steel knife I bought, a magnum tanto, with a 9 inch blade.  Cost I think 120 bucks in 1990, which was about 1/6th of a month's take home pay as an E-3 in the Army.  Beautiful knife.  Thought about packing it along with me to Saudi Arabia, but bought an SRK instead.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Magnum_Tanto___13M_jpg-2492978.JPG

Here's the SRK.  This is one of the first generation ones, where the blade is parkerized , as the later ones had an epoxy coating to them.  This is the one I took over for fun and games in the desert, and while re-installing the Emir of Kuwait back onto his throne, this knife opened many an MRE and ammo pallet.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/SRK___38C_SRK_jpg-2492980.JPG

When I got back, I used some of my 100 dollar a month combat pay I'd earned, and bought this push dagger, the Terminator!  Same one that was used in Platoon, though I had fewer scars than Tom Berringer, and would have actually used it on Charline Sheen:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Terminator_jpg-2492981.JPG

View Quote
I have the ones on the top and bottom. I have had them for over 30 years. I still carry them occasionally.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What is the Pentagon?
View Quote

My bad. They are SOG

Bad ass knife though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Fun trip down memory lane.  Thank you!

I worked in a knife store at one point as a kid, and always liked these knives.  Super durable and not crazy expensive.  What’s not to love?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a "sterile" Recon Scout from the 1991-1992 Gulf War era - still new.  I should dig it out for photos.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I've had a few, the only one left is a Carbon V Trailmaster I got at a pawn shop back in the day. First pic is as received, second is after my first re-handle attempt (which I think came out pretty good, I do love Desert Ironwood):

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I had one of the Cold VG1 San Mai III Outdoorsman knives. I sold it and wish I hadn’t.
View Quote

Me too, ended up buying one from Ebay.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a tanto just like yours I bought at Ranger Joe's outside of Ft. Campbell.  Took it to the GW1.  It has some pitting from the leather scabbard getting wet (who knew it rains in the desert?) but is otherwise in good shape.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great thread   !  

I always had an obsession with the Peace Keeper series..

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2XCjFf-iVLs/maxresdefault.jpg[/qute]

Came to post this.
Mines in the kydex sheath.
Non black blade.
Wanted the Tai pan ...but was to cheap

Got the trainer version of it as well.( Peace keeper)
Handle  always seemed short.
View Quote

Both are awesome knives:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Very nice.  Even the Taiwan era CS knives were very good.  My understanding is that after it became too expensive to have them made in Japan, CS tried China, and the quality wasn't enough for them, so off to the ROC.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a "sterile" Recon Scout from the 1991-1992 Gulf War era - still new.  I should dig it out for photos.
View Quote

Those are very nice.  They have the parkarized finish compared to the epoxy coating on the later ones.  I need to pick one up.

Post photos of it if you get around to it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've had a few, the only one left is a Carbon V Trailmaster I got at a pawn shop back in the day. First pic is as received, second is after my first re-handle attempt (which I think came out pretty good, I do love Desert Ironwood):

https://i.imgur.com/wIfbLbF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kvGoAqu.jpg
View Quote

That's one of the first generations models - see the little notch at the end of the edge, by the hilt?  Later models don't have that, I believe to reduce manufacturing costs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#35]
16-year-old me stabbed myself in the top of the leg right above the knee with a Recon tanto like yours.  I learned not to play with knives while sitting down.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Let's talk Trailmasters!

If the tanto line established Cold Steel, then their Trailmaster cemented their place as delivering awesome knives.  The Trailmaster came out late 80's I believe, as I remember longing for one, that was 200 bucks or such on display in a gun store during that time.  Big Bowie knives were popular then, probably from Michael J. Crocodile Dundee's big version in the movie.  Gerber also had a nice one, that I also own and will post a picture about later.

The first generation of Trailmaster had a notch forward of the hilt - not sure why, probably just for looks.  Later version eliminated this, probably for cost of manufacturing.  The steel was Carbon V, with a nice finish polish, and a brass hilt.  Sheaths were either leather or nylon - CS would mix between the two seemingly year to year or even in the same year, I guess using what they could get or what was cheaper at the time.  I like their nylon sheaths for everything except the tantos, which just need a true leather sheath to look like the high class knives they are.

This one is actually a factor second, which I didn't know when I bought it, and neither did the seller, which I believe as he gave me 100 bucks back from the 300 dollar price when I showed him the 2.  On this early model, it's hand etched into the back of the hilt, and actually looks sort of neat, compared to the later ugly 2 stamped into the very back on the handle.  I've gone over it with a magnifying glass trying to see what made it a 2, and didn't see anything.  Sometimes it was just the finish didn't turn out like they wanted - the vintage CS were very high quality and with high standards.  

Attachment Attached File

Next up is a black coated Trailmaster, made in the USA.  These models came out later, for a lower cost version than the highly polished ones.  Later on, CS offered a Japanese made version in stainless steel, which I don't currently have, though I'm bidding on one in EBay.

Occasionally you see a version that was made for the movie, Flight of the Intruder.  Production was I belive 1000, and the knife has a serial number on it.  They had the 9" blade, but in a subdued finish, much like the first Recon Tantos, and a solid rubber (I think) handle, not the textured one.  I've bid on a few before, and they get bid up to 800-1000 bucks, based on condition.

Attachment Attached File

While not called a Trailmaster Jr. or such, the Recon Scout was a 7-1/2" version of the Trailmaster, instead of the 9".  It's probably more useful and certainly more handy than the huge Trailmaster.

There were 3 versions of the Recon Scout - the first version had a parkarized blade, and no markings on it.  It's called a sterile version, and was from 91-92 time frame.  I'm not really sure why CS made this version - the idea I guess is that without markings, if it's lost in enemy territory, no one will know who was there, or some super secret squirrel concept.  

After those, the next versions were similar to the above black Trailmaster - an epoxy coating.  Then later on CS came out with a Recon Scout in Japanese stainless, which is the version I have.  Cost me close to 400 bucks, and that was a decent price as I've seen them up to 450.  Beautiful knife.  While the black epoxy ones cut and handle the same, they just don't have the look of the highly polished steel color ones.

Attachment Attached File

Family picture:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Twistmaster!  Cold Steel always came up with some good names for their knives.

These were cheap at the time, pocket folding knives.  Carbon V steel, so would rust if you didn't oil it once and awhile, but would take and keep a good edge.  The locking feature was, as the name implies, a twist aspect of the knobed ring.  Simple, solid, and probably cheap to make.  Sort of slow to get out of your pocket and open and lock, so more utility knives than whip and slash defensive knives.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's one of the first generations models - see the little notch at the end of the edge, by the hilt?  Later models don't have that, I believe to reduce manufacturing costs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/wIfbLbF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kvGoAqu.jpg

Now I've learned something, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#39]
My best friend and I killed A LOT of carp with their bushman spear/knives in the late 1990s. Those were the days.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Can't remember what I bought next, so the rest of my collection will be in no particular time order.

Let's go with tantos for now, the heart of the Cold Steel knives.

This beauty was my next tanto - an early model, when most still had the brass hardware.  I read later this was a special run for a knife catalog company, and is called the Special Ops Tanto.  Has a serial number on it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Special_Ops_Tanto___13_jpg-2493011.JPG

The Recon Tanto is a 7' tanto, in Carbon V.  The early models had a fabric sheath like this one.  Bought this one used, but it's never even had the handle wrapper taken off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Recon_Tanto___13RT_jpg-2493015.JPG

View Quote

I have that exact Tanto (the top one with the stainless steel hardware). I carried it in my Army days briefly but realized it was too nice for that 11B shit. I also lost a mini Tanto that I had attached to my LBE attached upside down
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Folding tantos!

The first versions had a belt clip, made of plastic, and was molded as part of the handle.  This wasn't a good design, and lots of clips were broken off.  A year or two later, CS changed the design to have a separate metal clip, held in place by 3 bolts, and it worked a lot better.

I have a bunch - 2 x 5" versions, 4 x 5" versions, and a 3" version.  CS made them in three patterns - smooth edge, serrated, and half and half.  

A couple are the fancy Gunsite ones, with the crow (err, raven!) emblem, and some sort of false edge on the top, which looks nice but does nothing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My best friend and I killed A LOT of carp with their bushman spear/knives in the late 1990s. Those were the days.....
View Quote

They were great knives for 15 bucks or whatever they cost.  The early ones were pretty dull from the factory, I guess to cut costs, but would take a very sharp edge, and due to the curve of the blade, it slices as it sticks, so a big cut in whatever you're running it into.

CS started making lots of similar spear points - one was called the Board Sticker or some such, and good ole Lynn was in a video stabbing some wild hog with it or such.  Sort of comical, yet more up close and personal with a wild boar than I'd like to be.

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have that exact Tanto (the top one with the stainless steel hardware). I carried it in my Army days briefly but realized it was too nice for that 11B shit. I also lost a mini Tanto that I had attached to my LBE attached upside down
View Quote

Ahh man, the Mini Tantos were pretty rare, and the early ones with brass go for top dollar now.  I don't have a mini so need to find one.  Even on Ebay they don't come up very often.

I hear ya about the too nice for MOS 11 series.  I didn't use my Magnum Tanto for Army stuff - the SRK was tailor made for that.  Had that upside down on my right side LBE harness for Desert Storm, and it opened up many an MRE for me.  Managed not to lose it and it's still sitting in a place of honor in my safe.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I was at one of the Soldier of Fortune Conventions in Vegas when a guy (not me) sliced off a finger during one of the Cold Steel demonstrations.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105421/Bushman_and_Minii_Bushman_jpg-2493341.JPG
View Quote

Yes! Those were so good. I had a few of them back in the late 90's. I remember blowing an entire weeks pay on cold steel shit when I was in high school....actually probably more than a week. I used a broom handle for the spear part and cut a little notch in the top with an angle grinder to help hold the unlucky carp on. The next time I see my folks I'm going to dig through their shed and see if it's still there. That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was at one of the Soldier of Fortune Conventions in Vegas when a guy (not me) sliced off a finger during one of the Cold Steel demonstrations.
View Quote

Yuck!  You mean with bone too, or just a nasty cut with lots of meat?  Do you remember how it happened?  Was he chopping down on something and got his finger in the way?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes! Those were so good. I had a few of them back in the late 90's. I remember blowing an entire weeks pay on cold steel shit when I was in high school....actually probably more than a week. I used a broom handle for the spear part and cut a little notch in the top with an angle grinder to help hold the unlucky carp on. The next time I see my folks I'm going to dig through their shed and see if it's still there. That would be awesome.
View Quote

It would be.  Hope you find it, polish any rust off, and put a razor edge back on it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Somewhere along the way, Cold Steel wanted to make a throwing star, and did they!  It's the biggest and heaviest one I've seen, and would pack far more of a wallop than the cheap ass 8 sided ones I loved as a kid.  But then again, it doesn't have all the fancy Oriental characters on it, like the cheap ones do, so what good is it?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#49]
And I thought I had a large ridiculous Cold Steel collection.

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Dibs on these two !

Forgot all about the star..

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top