Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

It's too bad we never got to see the Darth Jar Jar reveal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Doug Hutchison was a client of mine and was actually a super nice guy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Percy in The Green Mile.
Doug Hutchison was a client of mine and was actually a super nice guy.

I've heard that about him, but he plays a very believable asshole. I hope he made a shitload of money, because he earned it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15-backup.com/media/mediaFiles/81535/fAkApTFFSddHPUd-1775759.jpg

I watched Coming to America so many times as a kid, I can't see Cuba Gooding Jr. in any role without seeing that dumbass expression in every movie he's done.
View Quote

Holy shit, I didn't even realize that was him!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Every time people melt down about that (and it's an ARFcom thing), I always chuckle.

Upham wasn't a coward, he was a naive kid that broke. Up until he froze on the steps, he was braving intense machine gun fire, running ammo to the men....thrust into combat he was woefully unprepared for and had never encountered. He was not a person, really, he was a plot device meant to tell you that idealism gets destroyed in war.

He shoots Steamboat Willie in cold blood because when he realizes what he's done, he's no longer the idealistic kid that writes about the noble warrior.

Hating him is fundamentally misunderstanding the story. This wasn't subtle stuff, btw.
View Quote

I realize he was a plot device.

And he really revitalized the “new replacement with morals” plot device in war films.

Making a statement like, “Upham wasn’t a coward, he was a naive kid that broke.” Still screams coward to me.

While one of your team mates is screaming for you to help, and the sounds of a life and death struggle are unmistakable, you freeze on the stairs?  Coward.  Plain and simple.

He got better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And he really revitalized the "new replacement with morals" plot device in war films.

Making a statement like, "Upham wasn't a coward, he was a naive kid that broke." Still screams coward to me.

While one of your team mates is screaming for you to help, and the sounds of a life and death struggle are unmistakable, you freeze on the stairs?  Coward.  Plain and simple.

He got better.
View Quote

If you think warfare and human psychology/physiology is "plain and simple", it explains why you're offended at his character.

The filmmakers went to several lengths to show that EVERY soldier has a breaking point, from Ryan (who's shown breaking down crying in the crater, while his comrades continue to fight), to Miller's inability to control his nerves. And, that's based on countless personal diaries (reference Sledge's account of the gunnery sergeant who broke....was he a coward?). Upham was the weakest, not because he was cowardly (again since you ignored it, he displayed courage in running the ammo) but because he was a clerk who not only wasn't combat conditioned but selected out of desperation for a role he wasn't suited for.

You wanted the movie to be something it wasn't. It would have been a shitty film if everyone was gung-ho and always rose to the occasion.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Robin from How I Met Your Mother
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That dude played that part so well. You just came to absolutely loathe that prick. Apparently he is quite the stage actor and sings quite well too. Hars to believe after watching him in that role.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Swede.  

Hell on Wheels.
That dude played that part so well. You just came to absolutely loathe that prick. Apparently he is quite the stage actor and sings quite well too. Hars to believe after watching him in that role.

Yep. The bastard that just wouldn't die!

And Brad Wesley in Roadhouse. It ended perfectly for him and his #1.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Joffery from GoT.
View Quote

Good pick.  I'll go with this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Penelope Cruz   Blow
Winnona Ryder The Crucible
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]

FTB.

Neelix was an obnoxious shithead, but Kai Winn is a true villain.  Gul Dukat was a bastard but was frequently charming despite being an utter heel, Damar was a brute, Weyoun was just a symbol of the Dominion's oppression, the female changeling thing a self-deluded wannabe godling, but Kai Winn was a manipulative enemy who played both sides by playing diplomatic games.  She's the kind of duplicitous enemy the heroes have to tolerate because "rules", while she fucks everyone over for her own interests.

Much as I hate Burke, Carter J., and similar to others here found that hate extended to Paul Reiser in Mad About You, Kai Winn is possibly the worst.
-
Separate note in case he comes up: Ellis from Die Hard is the greatest douche in movie history, but he's not a villain, and worthy of hate like lots of these other characters.  He's just a superb douche.  He's so douchey that in subsequent viewings of Die Hard, his douchedom becomes almost sublime, and you go from hating him for fucking up the works to admiring the actor's craft for being able to portray such a monumental douche.  He's just such a douche.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd still slap this kid if i saw him for his roll in GOT.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Anything with this insufferable cunt.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Loved Brit comedies, but this gal gave me compulsions to do something I'd never do....slap a woman.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Our government appears to have quite a few of these.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Earl Holliman as a DI in the 1970 movie Tribes
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#18]

I haven't like that guy in ANY of his roles.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

FTB.

Neelix was an obnoxious shithead, but Kai Winn is a true villain.  Gul Dukat was a bastard but was frequently charming despite being an utter heel, Damar was a brute, Weyoun was just a symbol of the Dominion's oppression, the female changeling thing a self-deluded wannabe godling, but Kai Winn was a manipulative enemy who played both sides by playing diplomatic games.  She's the kind of duplicitous enemy the heroes have to tolerate because "rules", while she fucks everyone over for her own interests.

Much as I hate Burke, Carter J., and similar to others here found that hate extended to Paul Reiser in Mad About You, Kai Winn is possibly the worst.
-
Separate note in case he comes up: Ellis from Die Hard is the greatest douche in movie history, but he's not a villain, and worthy of hate like lots of these other characters.  He's just a superb douche.  He's so douchey that in subsequent viewings of Die Hard, his douchedom becomes almost sublime, and you go from hating him for fucking up the works to admiring the actor's craft for being able to portray such a monumental douche.  He's just such a douche.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

FTB.

-

Fucking Kai Winn.  I hate that bitch.

Gul Dukat was a great character.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]
David Schwimmer in anything.

Woody Harrelson.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you think warfare and human psychology/physiology is "plain and simple", it explains why you're offended at his character.

The filmmakers went to several lengths to show that EVERY soldier has a breaking point, from Ryan (who's shown breaking down crying in the crater, while his comrades continue to fight), to Miller's inability to control his nerves. And, that's based on countless personal diaries (reference Sledge's account of the gunnery sergeant who broke....was he a coward?). Upham was the weakest, not because he was cowardly (again since you ignored it, he displayed courage in running the ammo) but because he was a clerk who not only wasn't combat conditioned but selected out of desperation for a role he wasn't suited for.

You wanted the movie to be something it wasn't. It would have been a shitty film if everyone was gung-ho and always rose to the occasion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he really revitalized the "new replacement with morals" plot device in war films.

Making a statement like, "Upham wasn't a coward, he was a naive kid that broke." Still screams coward to me.

He got better.

Agree, the film had some issues, but that wasn't one of them.  You can still not like the Upham character though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Skyler, Walter White’s wife in Breaking Bad. Everything about her reminded me of my ex.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Swede.  

Hell on Wheels.

Heyerdahl is a very prolific sci-fi actor and his fathers cousin is Thor Heyerdahl, Captain of the Kon-Tiki.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Honestly who the fuck stands up like that
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Marton Paul Csokas. He’s the actor that played Guy de Lusignan in Kingdom of Heaven. I hate that mother fucker.
View Quote

Killed the poor little whore in The Equalizer. Hated him.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I can make an argument that he was the good guy in the movie.

For me it is Dr. Smith from the old Lost in Space TV show. I absolutely hated him as a kid and wondered why they didn't just fry him with a laser gun or something.
View Quote

I hated that lying ass sneaky slimey scumbag with a passion!!!! I hoped that'd pack up and leave whatever planet they were on while he was asleep outside on the ground!!! Another fuckin retard I despised was Fuckin Gilligan!! What a " Fuck Up " that shitbag was !! The castaways could have been rescued how many times but weren't because that Fuckwad screwed up something at the last minute!!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Here's one:

Danny McBride in 'This Is The End'.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Another one-T-Bag on Prison Break. I can't watch anything with that actor in it without seeing that pervert.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
2- Cpl Upham that fucking lame ass REMF coward
View Quote

Good one, not even killing that SS scumbag in the end redeemed him.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I haven't like that guy in ANY of his roles.

View Quote
Damn me too... especially after Fury!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#31]

I have to admit I greatly appreciated her acting talent!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I fucking loathed the Indian piece of shit in Parks & Rec.  Him and his scumbag loser friend.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#33]
CSPAN.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Ooohhh, I really enjoyed watching her skull get opened up in Contagion!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bob. Villa.

I want to punch him in the throat just for living. Not really sure why.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marton Paul Csokas. He’s the actor that played Guy de Lusignan in Kingdom of Heaven. I hate that mother fucker.

Yep. Another fucking reason to hate him!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Every single character in Better Call Saul except the receptionist who once worked for the DMV and head cheese in charge of the big fancy law firm, Hamlin?

Everyone else on that show is just...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Some of y'all are mixing actor and character together.

Hating a character is different than hating the actor because of politics or bufoonery.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Pretty much all the ones on CSPAN
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#42]

IIRC Lore Sjoberg's book of ratings had Scrappy Doo as the solitary F, because any time he was tempted to assign an F, he had to ask "is this as bad as Scrappy Doo?"

http://brunching.com/scooby.html

Scooby-Doo
Is it just me, or is there something eerie about Scooby? He's not anthropomorphic, exactly, he just speaks English. With a canine accent. It's as if trying to force his tortured vocal cords to form sounds that no loving God ever intended. Was he the result of some madman's blasphemous experiments in creating life? Are the ghosts he's chasing really the ghosts of his own inhuman mind? Should I get out more? B

Scrappy-Doo
Speaking of inhuman. I just want to get this twisted little bastard out of the way so that I can go back to ignoring him. The more astute readers among you may have noticed that I haven't yet gone so far as to give anything an actual "F." That's not out of any kind-heartedness on my part, it's just that every time I got ready to give one out, I would ask myself, "is it really that bad, compared to the verminous, soul-tainting badness of Scrappy-Doo?" And now, at long last, I have my chance. Prepare yourself, oh encephalitic hound. F! Hahahahahaha! It feels good!

Fred
Man. Post-catharsis, I'm feeling pretty charitable toward the entire rest of the animated gang. Heck, I could probably give Quick-Draw McGraw a passing grade at this point. However, objectivity is in order. Fred's dull. He's one bland blond. He's a six-foot yawn in a cravat. His big thought every episode is "let's split up," and he apparently takes fashion tips from Mr. Howell. C-
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Every single character in Better Call Saul except the receptionist who once worked for the DMV and head cheese in charge of the big fancy law firm, Hamlin?

Everyone else on that show is just...
View Quote

mike is a badass. youre crazy

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#44]

That was a great adaptation that movie.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#45]
"The Bruce" in Braveheart
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#46]

I can't stand this fuker.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Pretty much everyone involved in Cannibal Holocaust - the film student characters, and also much of the actual cast & crew.

Mostly for showing atrocities in Africa and saying they were "fake" when they used real footage, and then of course there's the turtle scene.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Some of y'all are mixing actor and character together.

Hating a character is different than hating the actor because of politics or bufoonery.
View Quote

If a role is played well enough it makes you see the actor as the character. See my comment about the pervert from Prison Break.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I've found that the most hateable characters aren't usually the villains, but are the cowards or the fence sitters.

Upham, Ike from Tombstone, Robert the Bruce's dad, Wilkins (Adam Baldwin) in The Patriot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#50]

She should've never survived the skydiving accident.
Page / 6
Top Top