Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you mean like the 37 times the house has voted to repeal obamacare?  Do you understand how our government works?

Those votes were meaningless and Boehner knew it would be. Boehner needed to use his powers in the house against all aspects of what is going on. He could offer legislation to repeal Obamacare but should have defunded it too. No money for the program means that it can't be implemented.

Boehner is weak. He is not Conservative. He fights real Conservatives in the party more fiercely than he fights anything that the democrats are doing. He is a back-stabbing son of a bitch that was more than likely very happy to see the IRS attacking Tea Party groups. Everyone that call themselves Republican need to understand this. He is as weak as GWB was and worse. GWB didn't sneak around behind closed doors and arm twist like this POS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
OP you present a great question,that deserves an even greater solution.I fully agree with you,the real United States of America needs to return,BUT HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????.Not only do we have too many misinformed people leading and representing/or misrepresenting us,and not to mention all of the misinformed sheeple around us,I don't see it happening.You forgot to mention the lifting of importation bans that would need to be lifted,so stuff from overseas,that hasn't been scrapped already to be imported back into this country,guns,parts kits,etc.It is truly ashame how the gun culture is being eroded away in this country,
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you mean like the 37 times the house has voted to repeal obamacare?  Do you understand how our government works?

Those votes were meaningless and Boehner knew it would be. Boehner needed to use his powers in the house against all aspects of what is going on. He could offer legislation to repeal Obamacare but should have defunded it too. No money for the program means that it can't be implemented.

Boehner is weak. He is not Conservative. He fights real Conservatives in the party more fiercely than he fights anything that the democrats are doing. He is a back-stabbing son of a bitch that was more than likely very happy to see the IRS attacking Tea Party groups. Everyone that call themselves Republican need to understand this. He is as weak as GWB was and worse. GWB didn't sneak around behind closed doors and arm twist like this POS.

So what should they do?  Every meaningful piece if legislation is a symbolic vote at this point.  Should the house just sit on it's hands and pass nothing then just because Reid and Obama won't allow anything remotely conservative through?
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Laws don't get repealed.  The right enacts right laws, the left enacts left laws, the average Joe gets to endure them both.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]

This is why ALL laws should sunset. It should require proactive action to keep them. Then without voting to keep them, the bubble of government is always contracting.

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is why ALL laws should sunset.  It should require proactive action to keep them.  Then without voting to keep them, the bubble of government is always contracting.    

I like this plan. It would also keep them busy arguing over everything that already exists. They'd be too busy to come up with new bad laws.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is why ALL laws should sunset.  It should require proactive action to keep them.  Then without voting to keep them, the bubble of government is always contracting.    

I like this plan. It would also keep them busy arguing over everything that already exists. They'd be too busy to come up with new bad laws.

Exactly.

It would create several automatic self-limiting features.  Trying to maintain a lot of government would consume a lot of legislative time.  They'd have their hands full.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Repeal Laws????? That would be logical and we will have none of that in government.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It's shocking how little people pay attention.

Oh, people are paying attention...  

and I thought congress appropriated money. I think your little chart needs a little more break down on exactly who was controlling the houses during any given year.
and yes they are all criminals who are complicit in the bankrupting of this nation.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#10]
They do it here on the local level quite often. Get involved in local politics man.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They do it here on the local level quite often. Get involved in local politics man.

Asking 'libertarians' to get involved in local politics, good one.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:

We've been very active in our local politics. Actually gotten a lot of us elected.  The problem is a lot of our problems aren't the laws at the local level.  Most of the problems come from mandates from the federal government. Hell, this past election cycle the libertarians got rid of the last vestiges of our blue laws.  

So now what?

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Good post. I wonder the same thing too. I get pissed off because it seems like many think these politicians are doing us some kind of favor for just holding ground with no renewal of a semi-auto ban. I feel I may never see the days of newer, affordable, and safer to use machineguns. I'd be happy with a repeal of the Hughes Amendment to start with.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#14]
When will the Right try to actually repeal some laws?

When the analysis of polling data point in that direction.  

I think some states stand a better chance of successfully going rouge on the issue than the nation does.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It's shocking how little people pay attention.

Oh, people are paying attention...  

Bipartisanship wins again!
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, my post was PRIMARILY regarding gun laws, or does your reading comprehension suck as bad as your attitude?

Yeah I understand pretty well how the fucking government works.

You mean like the AWB which was allowed to expire under GWB and the GOP Congress?  

Yes, that was a win, recovering lost rights is a win, as opposed to defense.

We can score another win if the Undetectable Firearms Act is allowed to sunset in December.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
By the "right" do you mean republicans?

Not gonna happen.

Collapsible stock AR15s, with flash suppressors sill illegal?
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

First reply.  Fuck the RNC.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Never.

The shift is so far to the left all they do is try to stall or compromise and go along with statists.

It is unlikely the right will ever have national power.

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I am curious how many people in this thread were around when we had 90% income tax rates in this country.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

First reply.  Fuck the RNC.

No doubt you prefer Sebelius. Not surprising.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh they get involved. getting demorats elected by the under 30 retards. Like Co. and Obama.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Laws don't get repealed. Once enacted we the people are stuck with it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#24]
One way to repeal a law  is to use the liberals play book against them.

We portray suppressors as a safety device.
We show old guys who have damaged their hearing permanently,

We explain that it quiets the awful noise that neighbors of ranges, and bird watchers and hikers endure in the woods.

Call it the noise pollution control act or something.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am curious how many people in this thread were around when we had 90% income tax rates in this country.

Not many.  The Cold War is some vague concept to most of them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 5:37:48 AM EDT
[#26]
To repeal any existing laws is anarchy. Just ask the statist fucks here who wear and trumpet the shiny "R" on their chest & shout "Anarchy!" at nearly any notion of a rollback of the current bloated mamma pig that so many of them depend upon as their sole means of income. Full control ain't just for the leftists. A bloated .gov pays, for far too many of them. Tick, tock.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

I think there's a difference between allowing a law to sunset and actually introducing a bill that would repeal unconstitutional laws.

It seems that a lot of the things that we don't like are federal regulations on imports that the executive controls.

Link Posted: 5/19/2013 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Link Posted: 5/19/2013 7:23:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Laws generate revenue .Gov loves revenue.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

I think there's a difference between allowing a law to sunset and actually introducing a bill that would repeal unconstitutional laws.

It seems that a lot of the things that we don't like are federal regulations on imports that the executive controls.

So they are still illegal? Congress has also failed to send anybills to the senate to abolish the affordable care act?   Huh... Didn't know that

Link Posted: 5/19/2013 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Laws generate revenue .Gov loves revenue.

Let's be fair.  

Laws generate a lot more then just revenue.  They buy special interest votes and get candidates elected, secure government jobs, expand government agencies and departments, justify government salaries, benefits, and pension plans.  Then lets not forget the law profession.  Laws create complexity which necessitates more lawyers, judges, and courts.  This complexity guarantees that citizens will need lawyers and bureaucrats to navigate the law. Finally, let's not forget law enforcement and the penal system, because in the end laws make MORE criminals.  

To say laws "only" raise revenue is ignoring all the trickle down benefits.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2013 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what should they do?  Every meaningful piece if legislation is a symbolic vote at this point.  Should the house just sit on it's hands and pass nothing then just because Reid and Obama won't allow anything remotely conservative through?

Maybe you missed the part in red. How about some special investigations. Cut funding. The House and the Speaker have enormous powers. Boehner has so far refused. I heard someone call one of the talk shows the other day. He had contacted Boehner about forming an Investigative committee to investigate one of the scandals and the answer was that we did not have the money. Really? We are talking $5mil to $10mil, that's it. The truth is that he does not want to be called out in the press for doing his job. He is no friend to us.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top