User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

TS, please stop smoking the Purple Kush... It does weird things to you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I always consider 'the blaze' one step up from WND.

Anyway.. IN.

This.

Smoking the what?

How would you know what it does?

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That will never happen.  Even if they try it will still be there.  

In any event, trying to ban a plant that grows wild in all 50 states is .  Treat it like ETOH and move on.

For harder drugs, the current WOD tactics are not working. It is well past time to try something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway.. IN.

How about the Washington Post?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/04/17/state-seizes-11-year-old-arrests-his-mother-after-he-defends-medical-marijuana-during-a-school-presentation/

I question what they had for probably cause on the warrant.

More believable.

But I like it when reporters leave their opinions out of news articles.

That will never happen.  Even if they try it will still be there.  

In any event, trying to ban a plant that grows wild in all 50 states is .  Treat it like ETOH and move on.

For harder drugs, the current WOD tactics are not working. It is well past time to try something else.

The WOD will never be won. It is like emptying the ocean with a teaspoon.

However, burglaries related to drug usage I dont see going down. Heroin junkies will never hold a stable job, and will need to resort to other means to support their lifestyle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
The most intelligent thing we could do with the WOD right now is stop enforcement against darkweb markets.  Cutting inner city street gangs out of the drug equation would almost certainly make things a whole lot safer.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The WOD will never be won.
View Quote

And will unfortunately never be stopped.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The WOD will never be won.

Too much money on all sides.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
People need to feel safe.  So it's okay for them to do this.  

It's strange, but I'm getting to the point where the only "bad guys" I fear work for government.  In over 4 decades of life, the only gang members, crooks, and criminals I've EVER had to deal with work for the government.  They're the only people who've ever used the threat of violence to steal my money.  They're the only people who use coercion to make me obey them.  

I guess that's why I don't like stories like these.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

War on drugs wins again.

We should ban alcohol as well, while we're at it.  That will surely work.

People need to feel safe.  So it's okay for them to do this.  

It's strange, but I'm getting to the point where the only "bad guys" I fear work for government.  In over 4 decades of life, the only gang members, crooks, and criminals I've EVER had to deal with work for the government.  They're the only people who've ever used the threat of violence to steal my money.  They're the only people who use coercion to make me obey them.  

I guess that's why I don't like stories like these.  

Agree 100%

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do you have evidence the article is false?  Doesn't seem far off from the real derp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

in for the shameless cop apologists to tell you its in the name of freedom, if they can remove the dick from their mouth for that long.

in for the shameless cop basher who believes any story that's posted on the internet.

Do you have evidence the article is false?  Doesn't seem far off from the real derp.
Thanks for remind us that everything on the internet is true...

After reading the article, left me with about 20 questions.  Basically who ever was the reporter, sucked.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:26:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
She had contraband. If she did not I bet she would still have her kid.
View Quote

Hopefully something more serious than pot.  Anyone that takes someone's kid over some weed deserves to be executed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a question. Aren't kids supposed to be accompanied by their parents or guardians when they are being questioned by LEO? Or was he questioned by CPS and they passed the info along to the PD? But still, questioning an 11 year without representation is now ok?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate weed but this really seems messed up!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Poor kid was probably injected with 12 marijuanas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You probably have an accent and ask for unsweet tea.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't lose a wink worrying about cops and feds.

I worry about hood rats and the political leaders.

I'm about 50/50.
I'd expect that, given where you came from.  

The cops around here are too busy relaxing and dealing with the regulars to bother with little old me.

I'm more worried about the cops here than back home.

You probably have an accent and ask for unsweet tea.  

Dag-gum Yankees!

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:33:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd go into my home, fuck them.  They beat me up the it's sue baby sue time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:12:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Smoking the what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway.. IN.

This.

Smoking the what?

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:13:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:19:15 AM EDT
[#16]
The WoD sucks and needs to end, but it sounds like the cops did it by the book.

It seems weird that a pro-medical mj activist would leave a state where recreational mj is legal.   She's probably regretting that right now.  

If mj ever becomes legal, I may partake, but until it does its just too damn risky to fuck with currently.    
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Almost anything can be probable cause these days.

View Quote

Honestly, the fact that the woman is a mj activist and has apparently indoctrinated her child into spouting her rhetoric was probably enough.    If your'e going to do illegal things, don't drag your children into it.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:27:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Poor kid was probably injected with 12 marijuanas.
View Quote

that is enough to OD an adult male, you monster!

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#19]
the gofundme for her (link in the original article) has her side

On March 24, cannabis oil activist Shona Banda‘s life was flipped upside-down after her son was taken from her by the State of Kansas. The ordeal started when police and counselors at her 11-year-old son’s school conducted a drug education class. Her son, who had previously lived in Colorado for a period of time, disagreed with some of the anti-pot points that were being made by school officials. "My son says different things like my ‘Mom calls it cannabis and not marijuana.’ He let them know how educated he was on the facts,” said Banda in an exclusive interview with BenSwann.com. Banda successfully treated her own Crohn’s disease with cannabis oil.
After her son spoke out about medical marijuana, police detained him and launched a raid on Shona Banda’s home. "Well, they had that drug education class at school that was just conducted by the counselors… They pulled my son out of school at about 1:40 in the afternoon and interrogated him. Police showed up at my house at 3… I let them know that they weren’t allowed in my home without a warrant… I didn’t believe you could get a warrant off of something a child says in school.” Banda continued, "We waited from 3 o’clock until 6 o’clock. They got a warrant at 6 o’clock at night and executed a warrant into my home. My husband and I are separated, and neither parent was contacted by authorities before [our son] was taken and questioned.”
"They subsequently conducted a raid and then called me when the raid was over letting me know that there was a list of items they took on my kitchen table, I was allowed to go home, and [an officer] gave me his word I would not be arrested in person or at work and that charges would be given to me in a postcard in the mail. I have not been charged with anything at this point, but I have a hard time believing that it’s OK for them to interrogate my child without parental consent for hours,” said Banda. A report by The Human Solution International notes that officers found 2 ounces of cannabis and an ounce of cannabis oil during the raid.
Banda then described the actions that the State of Kansas began to take in an effort to take her son from her, "On the 24th, he was taken into custody. That was on a Tuesday. He was taken out of town Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Friday we had a temporary hearing… and temporary custody was granted to my ex. Now the only reason why temporary custody was granted to my ex is because the judge said something to the effect that the amount of cannabis found in my home was going to possibly be felony charges and it was pointless letting the child return home to his mother.” She believes that the state is trying to take her son away and said, "The state is trying to deem it to where [Shona's ex-husband] is not fit and I’m not fit and they’re trying to take custody of our child.”
"For him to have spoken up in class I can’t be upset about because he hears me daily on the phone talking with people, encouraging people to speak up and speak out. We did have the talk about how it’s not OK to bring this up in Kansas, because it’s a different state [than Colorado]. It’s very confusing for a child,” said Banda, noting how difficult it can be for children to understand how something could be considered legal medicine in one state and contraband in another.
Authorities have yet to charge Banda with a crime, and her next custody hearing is set to take place on April 20.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I believe it's going to depend on what the child told the police.  If he told the police that his mother had drugs in the house then they're out of luck.  If they obtained and executed a warrant based on the child's views then it's far more complicated.

Let's have a little hypothetical scenario.  Say you're in California and there's a discussion about gun control.  Your child espouses the views he was taught regarding those weapons.  Is that probable cause for a search warrant ?  If they find an "illegal" weapon after executing the warrant, similar to the "contraband" found in this woman's house, what then?  Again, depending on what the child told police during questioning, which will be a can of worms in and of itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

As long as drugs are against the law in the state and the mother keeps illegal drugs in her home and her minor is advocating using illegal drugs in school.

You have not got a fucking prayer or a leg to stand on.

I believe it's going to depend on what the child told the police.  If he told the police that his mother had drugs in the house then they're out of luck.  If they obtained and executed a warrant based on the child's views then it's far more complicated.

Let's have a little hypothetical scenario.  Say you're in California and there's a discussion about gun control.  Your child espouses the views he was taught regarding those weapons.  Is that probable cause for a search warrant ?  If they find an "illegal" weapon after executing the warrant, similar to the "contraband" found in this woman's house, what then?  Again, depending on what the child told police during questioning, which will be a can of worms in and of itself.

In CA it isn't, but don't let that stop your infantile droolings.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:31:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I doubt it, that's like...

"The three year old kid in the wagon across the street said crack pipe and pointed at your house sir, step aside"  

I would think a bit more than an adolescent claim would be necessary to warrant a warrant
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they don't enter the house w/o the warrant. Three hours later they have the warrant issued by a judge on probable cause. Find two ounces of cannabis oil, which is illegal in Kansas where she now is.

Sounds like they followed that pesky constitution and states rights stuff.

Eta: charges need not be filed as they build their case.

What was the probable cause?

A kid saying his mom has/uses drugs. Would that be enough?

I doubt it, that's like...

"The three year old kid in the wagon across the street said crack pipe and pointed at your house sir, step aside"  

I would think a bit more than an adolescent claim would be necessary to warrant a warrant

you realize how many wet dreams you are stepping on?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#22]
So much drama over a plant...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:33:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you work for some other reason?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TO PROTECT AND SERVE !!!

For pay checks and pensions.......

Do you work for some other reason?  

All the Big Macs and Chicken Nuggets he can eat?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:36:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hopefully something more serious than pot.  Anyone that takes someone's kid over some weed deserves to be executed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She had contraband. If she did not I bet she would still have her kid.

tough guy spill on aisle 4
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:37:48 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/eQNXxPi.gif

Now don't make fun of the special kid, he didn't have to take Civics.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:55:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yep. Some people need to read the article. They were getting a warrant. They aren't going to let her in. There MUST be more to the story, since they had enough PC to get a warrant. Granted, she has videos saying how she makes the THC oil and admits to continuing its use.

2 oz of THC oil is what they found.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are free to leave but not free to enter you home? How does that work?

Keeping her from destroying evidence. I won't speculate openly,but I certainly wonder exactly what the son might have said during his "debate".

She should have stayed in CO.

Yep. Some people need to read the article. They were getting a warrant. They aren't going to let her in. There MUST be more to the story, since they had enough PC to get a warrant. Granted, she has videos saying how she makes the THC oil and admits to continuing its use.

2 oz of THC oil is what they found.

Serious question. If she was home at the time could they come to her house and ask her to leave because they are getting a warrant? Did they just assume she wasn't home when they arrived pre warrant to stop her from entering when she did come home. I'm guessing they at least knocked on the door during that time to see if she was home.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:34:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

As long as drugs are against the law in the state and the mother keeps illegal drugs in her home and her minor is advocating using illegal drugs in school.

First:  Garden City KS  

Second: Kansas Public School system.  

Lastly: I can see your hypothetical scenario happening right here in Kansas, probably to somebody like me.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:40:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
...They Tell Her Something Outrageous — and It’s Because Her Son Spoke Up in School.

Picture this: You pull into your driveway, hop out and find half a dozen police officers and social workers who, without having a warrant, bar you from your own home.

Banda’s 11-year-old son had argued in favor of marijuana at a school anti-drug presentation, and so the school called the state child protection agency.

Banda repeatedly asks whether police have a warrant, and they repeatedly admit they do not — but they stake out her property and refuse to let her enter.

The police several times tell her, "You’re free to leave at any time.”

Now Banda could lose her child, and temporary custody has already been granted to her ex, she said, even though no criminal charges have been filed against her, the Post noted.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/18/woman-comes-home-to-find-cops-surrounding-her-house-they-dont-have-a-warrant-but-they-tell-her-something-outrageous-and-its-because-her-son-spoke-up-in-school/
View Quote

Feel safer yet? - TS
View Quote

I think there is probably more to this.

Are we living in the age of dawning police state? Yes.  Are social workers generally a bunch of liberal busybodies that would like nothing more than to kidnap children? Yes.  All that said I doubt this happened how what you posted makes it seem.

I think it probably happened because the kid said very loudly and publicly that his mother was a pot head and got stoned all the time at home.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Stupid kid, stupid mom, meet stupid law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Stupid kid, stupid mom, meet stupid law.

They pulled my son out of school at about 1:40 in the afternoon and interrogated him.

ETA:  Stupid or not, I have a problem with this.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:05:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

On March 24, cannabis oil activist Shona Banda‘s life was flipped upside-down after her son was taken from her by the State of Kansas. The ordeal started when police and counselors at her 11-year-old son’s school conducted a drug education class. Her son, who had previously lived in Colorado for a period of time, disagreed with some of the anti-pot points that were being made by school officials. "My son says different things like my ‘Mom calls it cannabis and not marijuana.’ He let them know how educated he was on the facts,” said Banda in an exclusive interview with BenSwann.com. Banda successfully treated her own Crohn’s disease with cannabis oil.

After her son spoke out about medical marijuana, police detained him and launched a raid on Shona Banda’s home. "Well, they had that drug education class at school that was just conducted by the counselors… They pulled my son out of school at about 1:40 in the afternoon and interrogated him. Police showed up at my house at 3… I let them know that they weren’t allowed in my home without a warrant… I didn’t believe you could get a warrant off of something a child says in school.” Banda continued, "We waited from 3 o’clock until 6 o’clock. They got a warrant at 6 o’clock at night and executed a warrant into my home. My husband and I are separated, and neither parent was contacted by authorities before [our son] was taken and questioned.”

"They subsequently conducted a raid and then called me when the raid was over letting me know that there was a list of items they took on my kitchen table, I was allowed to go home, and [an officer] gave me his word I would not be arrested in person or at work and that charges would be given to me in a postcard in the mail. I have not been charged with anything at this point, but I have a hard time believing that it’s OK for them to interrogate my child without parental consent for hours,” said Banda. A report by The Human Solution International notes that officers found 2 ounces of cannabis and an ounce of cannabis oil during the raid.

Banda then described the actions that the State of Kansas began to take in an effort to take her son from her, "On the 24th, he was taken into custody. That was on a Tuesday. He was taken out of town Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Friday we had a temporary hearing… and temporary custody was granted to my ex. Now the only reason why temporary custody was granted to my ex is because the judge said something to the effect that the amount of cannabis found in my home was going to possibly be felony charges and it was pointless letting the child return home to his mother.” She believes that the state is trying to take her son away and said, "The state is trying to deem it to where [Shona's ex-husband] is not fit and I’m not fit and they’re trying to take custody of our child.”

"For him to have spoken up in class I can’t be upset about because he hears me daily on the phone talking with people, encouraging people to speak up and speak out. We did have the talk about how it’s not OK to bring this up in Kansas, because it’s a different state [than Colorado]. It’s very confusing for a child,” said Banda, noting how difficult it can be for children to understand how something could be considered legal medicine in one state and contraband in another.

Authorities have yet to charge Banda with a crime, and her next custody hearing is set to take place on April 20.

View Quote

That's too ironic, someone is shitting in her fruit loops and laughing about it
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

in for the shameless cop basher who believes any story that's posted on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
in for the shameless cop apologists to tell you its in the name of freedom, if they can remove the dick from their mouth for that long.

Hey, this is GD, you can't get away with saying that..........
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Search warrant affidavits in Kansas are open records as of last year's legislative session.

http://www.kansas.com/news/article1147508.html

I imagine there will be more in the affidavit with little details about past history, CI buys, etc...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:46:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
TO PROTECT AND SERVE !!!

For pay checks and pensions.......

View Quote

We are going to have to add this to the end of our new mission statement.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#38]
My lawyer would be there so fucking fast he would  make Superman look like he was using a walker.

I would set my phone to video and record my retirement payment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's too ironic, someone is shitting in her fruit loops and laughing about it

Haha good catch!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Anyway.. IN.
View Quote

i consider it on par with "naturalnews.com"

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Those officers are absolute fools allowing CPS to use them as props for bluffing.

Get between somebody and their child, you best make your peace with whatever comes next, because you don't know what it will be.
View Quote

its theblaze.com

you probably got 10% of the information of what happened
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they don't enter the house w/o the warrant. Three hours later they have the warrant issued by a judge on probable cause. Find two ounces of cannabis oil, which is illegal in Kansas where she now is.

Sounds like they followed that pesky constitution and states rights stuff.

Eta: charges need not be filed as they build their case.

and why wasn't that included in the article?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My lawyer would be there so fucking fast he would  make Superman look like he was using a walker.

View Quote

LOL

your lawyer would tell you to not say anything and call him from your jail cell if arrested. and if you were he would show up at your bond hearing to plea "not guilty" for you after you cut him a check. then at your arraignment he would tell you why you should plead guilty unless you have another check to cut him for a trial.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You wouldn't be retiring then.

What would you sue for?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#45]
If your in the process of getting a search warrant for a residence you can stop people from entering the location to preserve any possible evidence.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the story is true, the mother needs get a mean as hell lawyer to tear the school system, child protection services and police dept who responded new assholes and sue for good amount money too!

Why?

Pathetic advocating something illegal is not illegal....
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Story coming up on Fox and Friends now...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the story is true, the mother needs get a mean as hell lawyer to tear the school system, child protection services and police dept who responded new assholes and sue for good amount money too!

Why?

That is the chilling part.  I wonder exactly what the kid said.  Did he say "pot is cool and should be legal, cause my mom smokes it"?  If she did, the cops don't have much choice if called.  

The law in Kansas requires teaches to report illegal drug use if they know about it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#49]
lol  go around back. go in home.. ignore that crap.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Top Top