BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 193
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The yankees were never fined for tech cheating, why does everyone keep saying this???  The yankees were fined because larry rothschild used the dugout phone to call the replay room to ask if a pitch was a ball or a strike.  It happened in 2016 and they were fined in 2017.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it. Allegations on something that's already been investigated and proved unfounded by MLB ("buzzers") who at this point has gutted the management of Houston and it would take no effort at all to roll out anything else that they found to suspend anybody else involved.

I've been on this site since 2012, an Astros fan since '86, and in the MLB threads here since 2015. All the true Astros fans I know of are pissed that the investigations aren't going on to other teams that have similar allegations, like the Rangers, Yankees (who were the first team to get bipped for tech sign stealing and continued into the 2017 ALCS as well), Brewers, Dodgers, Cards, Bosox, etc. We're pissed that ever since Crane bought the team and put in the best damn GM we've ever had, the media has been putting out nothing but hit pieces, with a few tongue in cheek "oh these guys are going to be good someday" articles like that July 2014 SI mag with Springer on the cover.

I'm no bandwagon fan, and fuck you for calling me one.
The yankees were never fined for tech cheating, why does everyone keep saying this???  The yankees were fined because larry rothschild used the dugout phone to call the replay room to ask if a pitch was a ball or a strike.  It happened in 2016 and they were fined in 2017.
Don't muddy up the Yankee hate with facts. In this thread we learn that all things evil are Yankee and all things Yankee are evil.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Don't muddy up the Yankee hate with facts. In this thread we learn that all things evil are Yankee and all things Yankee are evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it. Allegations on something that's already been investigated and proved unfounded by MLB ("buzzers") who at this point has gutted the management of Houston and it would take no effort at all to roll out anything else that they found to suspend anybody else involved.

I've been on this site since 2012, an Astros fan since '86, and in the MLB threads here since 2015. All the true Astros fans I know of are pissed that the investigations aren't going on to other teams that have similar allegations, like the Rangers, Yankees (who were the first team to get bipped for tech sign stealing and continued into the 2017 ALCS as well), Brewers, Dodgers, Cards, Bosox, etc. We're pissed that ever since Crane bought the team and put in the best damn GM we've ever had, the media has been putting out nothing but hit pieces, with a few tongue in cheek "oh these guys are going to be good someday" articles like that July 2014 SI mag with Springer on the cover.

Now you're seeing the light!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And don't forget: the Cubs are the NL version of the Yankees and the Yankees are the AL version of the Cubs.

Therefore,
All things evil = Cubs = Yankees

It's right in front of you in the form of a mathematical proof.

It's science.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And don't forget: the Cubs are the NL version of the Yankees and the Yankees are the AL version of the Cubs.

Therefore,

It's science.
View Quote
Fuck the Cubs.

Fuck the Yankees.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Good lord I love that man, no homo. It would destroy me to see him go to houston.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fuck the Cubs.

Fuck the Yankees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therefore,

It's science.
Fuck the Cubs.

Fuck the Yankees.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good lord I love that man, no homo. It would destroy me to see him go to houston.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
But if we somehow got him in Black and Gold, you and I could still be friends, right?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But if we somehow got him in Black and Gold, you and I could still be friends, right?
View Quote
Seeing him in a Braves uni is weird. Seeing him at the helm for another team, I dunno. I would be bitter. Treasured internet acquaintance, possibly.

Landing Wash would put you atop the NL, by default. That's just the way it go.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Astros preparing for the 2020 season like

https://media.giphy.com/media/Y5sbSR4HGspnG/giphy.gif
View Quote
We should all expect a new MLB team record for HBP
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Did y'all see the Astros' new team plane?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]
*Sensible chuckle*
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a vintage post card off of eBay. Some family came up to Detroit from Georgia in the 1955 to see the Tigers play. Old school Georgia folk who rooted for the Tigers because that's who The Georgia Peach played for. Now they all root for a team of carpet baggers who came from Milwaukee.

I demand the immediate disbanding of the Atlanta Braves!
I demand that all Georgians immediately pledge undying loyalty to their TRUE baseball team.
I demand that Ted Turner be placed in the stocks for 7 days.
And finally, I demand that all a new movie portraying Ty Cobb's true heroism and greatness be produced and played 24/7 on all Turner networks for the next 7 years.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Every time an Astros batter gets HBP this year I'm calling bush league shenanigans. By the All star break I'll have all you fuckers believing the Astros are the real victims in the end and you'll show nothing but sympathy for them, and nothing but contempt for their assailants.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:40:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every time an Astros batter gets HBP this year I'm calling bush league shenanigans. By the All star break I'll have all you fuckers believing the Astros are the real victims in the end and you'll show nothing but sympathy for them, and nothing but contempt for their assailants.
View Quote
I see they play two against the Indians the last two games before the opener.  If they get thrown at during spring training, it is going to be a long year.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:47:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well the arguement could be made that they could have made 2-3 world series without the astros or red sox cheating against them.  I dont know the extent of the red sox cheating but the yankees would have won in 2017 and 2019 without the astros cheating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

If the trends of the decade behind us are any indicator of what the decade in front of us might look like, the Yankees will spend ungodly amounts of money without actually making it to a WS while the AL is somehow represented by smaller market teams for 4 years or so of the decade.
Well the arguement could be made that they could have made 2-3 world series without the astros or red sox cheating against them.  I dont know the extent of the red sox cheating but the yankees would have won in 2017 and 2019 without the astros cheating.
Which do you think constitutes a bigger advantage...

Having guys stealing signs and banging on trash cans?

Or having a team payroll that’s $85M above league average?

To put this another way, last year, the Braves had a payroll slightly above leave average, and the payroll of the Yankees exceeded that of the Braves and the Marlins combined.

Either everything is fair or nothing is. It’s not possible to cheat when playing against the Yankees.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Or having a team payroll that's $85M above league average?

To put this another way, last year, the Braves had a payroll slightly above leave average, and the payroll of the Yankees exceeded that of the Braves and the Marlins combined.

Either everything is fair or nothing is. It's not possible to cheat when playing against the Yankees.
View Quote
Red Sox payroll was higher than the Yankees and they still had to cheat to beat them.  Higher payrolls isnt exactly an advantage.  A young team under team control is cheap and can be much better than a $200m team of has beens.  Look at the Red Sox this past season, high payroll and they sucked.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
SO LA RUSSA USED VIDEO TO STEAL SIGNS IN THE 80s!?!?!?!?!?!?

i don't know if it's true and don't care, but using tech to get an 'illegal' advantage has been around for years and will be around for years to come.

like i said, i don't have a dog in the fight, and i'm not upset about the scandal. but the silence from around the league says way more than what's being reported.
View Quote
Wasn't Ol Tony with Boston during that championship season as some sort of advisor?
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ummmm, how many do you think there are?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize you must still be reeling from coming to terms with your team being branded as cheaters by pretty much everyone outside of your own fanbase (and even by a lot in your own fanbase as well) after being involved in a scandal so egregious some people have mentioned them in the same sentence as the 1919 White Sox, but you really should try and calm down.   I really was just talking about the Astros fans I personally know and I hardly think what is the case for a few dozen Astros fans applies to ALL of them.
Ummmm, how many do you think there are?
It’s hard to say now since the number went up in 2017.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cocaines a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Therefore,

It's science.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therefore,

It's science.
Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bless your heart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therefore,

It's science.
Bless your heart.
Just because you’re a Part of the evil brother @kugelblitz preaches about...it doesn’t make him wrong.

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I'm pretty sure that when it comes to the Cheating Houston Astros, we're all Steve now!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Therefore,

It's science.
View Quote
That is nearly indisputable. Nearly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Jose Altuve called Hinch and Luhnow "good guys."

Alex Bregman said "actions will speak louder than words."

Jeff Bagwell considers the sign-stealing "a blip on the radar."

Lance Berkman said "This is a clean organization. This is not a dirty organization."

Good franchise.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lance Berkman said "This is a clean organization. This is not a dirty organization."

Good franchise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good franchise.
It always has been a good franchise until Beltran and Cora showed up with their cheating ways. They temporarily corrupted the vulnerable young minds of the most talented team in baseball thinking that they needed to gain an edge. The cancer is gone from the clubhouse now and they will get back on track. 6 months from now it'll be business as usual and we can all focus on hating the Yankees.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#31]
And the Yankees will sweep The Twins, again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It always has been a good franchise until Beltran and Cora showed up with their cheating ways. They temporarily corrupted the vulnerable young minds of the most talented team in baseball thinking that they needed to gain an edge. The cancer is gone from the clubhouse now and they will get back on track. 6 months from now it'll be business as usual and we can all focus on hating the Yankees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good franchise.
It's not like it's an either/or proposition. Hate the Yankees or bust your balls.

This is GD. We can get do both.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
How many times to the Twins play them this season? 12 or so?
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Jessica Mendoza is sad the Mike Fiers blew the whistle on the Astros sign stealing scam.

So we're going to have a A-Roid in the ESPN booth with Pro-cheating Jessica Mendoza and Matty V on Sunday nights?

Ugh!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Jessica Mendoza is sad the Mike Fiers blew the whistle on the Astros sign stealing scam.

So we're going to have a A-Roid in the ESPN booth with Pro-cheating Jessica Mendoza and Matty V on Sunday nights?

Ugh!
View Quote
Dont forget Mendoza is also employed by the Mets.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Either everything is fair or nothing is. It’s not possible to cheat when playing against the Yankees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

If the trends of the decade behind us are any indicator of what the decade in front of us might look like, the Yankees will spend ungodly amounts of money without actually making it to a WS while the AL is somehow represented by smaller market teams for 4 years or so of the decade.

It's a capless sport. Owners should quit being cheap.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Bless your heart.
View Quote
I wondered where you went.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regular season hurts less than the inevitable playoff drubbing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Yanks would have been swept by the Dodgers and lost 4-2 against the Nats.

See, my argument on what would have happened carries as much validity as yours.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#41]
The Astros have announced the hiring of Al Lynch to manage the club.

Welcome to Houston Al! *wink wink*

Link Posted: 1/20/2020 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Astros have announced the hiring of Al Lynch to manage the club.

Welcome to Houston Al! *wink wink*

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319933/FB_IMG_1579479827658-1241309.jpg
View Quote
Works for me!
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#43]
How are yinz spending your MLK Day? Me, I'm in the ER agsin. My.mom keeps falling and she needs to see a neurologist and this way she won't need to wait weeks to be seen.

FML.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How are yinz spending your MLK Day? Me, I'm in the ER agsin. My.mom keeps falling and she needs to see a neurologist and this way she won't need to wait weeks to be seen.

FML.
View Quote
I went to the dermatologist and had some spots zapped from my face with cryotherapy.  I now can tell everyone that I was attacked by snow bees.  Since the spots have blistered and look like bee stings.  Old people problems and too many bad sunburns as a kid.

Now I'm going to relax for a bit, then go out and clean up the snow plow ridge at the alley entrance. Otherwise my day is gravy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg
Small market teams don't have the revenue to spend money like the Yankees.

The MLB is not competitive.

The Kansas City Royals and the Plight of the Small-Market Baseball Team
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

FML.
View Quote
Man, you can't catch a break on the parental front
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FML.
Don't I know it.

It's like Jesus said, "life ain't just strippers and burritos."
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Felix Hernandez to the Braves.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#49]
This is the last year of Molina's contract, and he has just stated he will not play for another team, if the Cardinals are looking to move on on 2021 he will retire.

I predict a one year contract and he'll retire on his terms at the end of 2021. It will truly be an end of an era. Thats two years away and Im already sad thinking about it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#50]
2006 NLCS Gm7: Molina's homer in 9th puts Cards up

I remember where I was when I this happened. Sports bar in the college town I went to school with.
Page / 193
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top