Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I DuckDuckGo........does that count?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did the bible say about teaching a man to fish google?

I DuckDuckGo........does that count?

See, you can teach an old dog man new tricks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

See, you can teach an old dog man new tricks.
View Quote

It's tough but it can be done!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If this is true then Michigan has taken California's title as the most fucked up freedom hating state.

Congratulations on your new title Michigan!

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If this is true then Michigan has taken California's title as the most fucked up freedom hating state.

Congratulations on your new title Michigan!

View Quote

via Imgflip Meme Generator" />
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright, I'm out.  I'm going to Home Depot now to get all the garage paint I need to take up to the new home and property over the weekend.

I'll scope out the local action, but if I don't ever log in to ARFcom again...

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Check out that guys Twitter account.
View Quote

GD is using material from delusional Berniebots again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So, they handed him a ticket for expired tags. You can't prove what he was ticketed for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They handed him a ticket,  fine, summons, whatever it's called.  Dude was PISSED and was not being quiet.

So, they handed him a ticket for expired tags. You can't prove what he was ticketed for.

You nailed it... The tags on his shopping cart were obviously expired.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Alright, I'm out.  I'm going to Home Depot now to get all the garage paint I need to take up to the new home and property over the weekend.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4e65ca1a5fd8bb871540cd436a7ab67e/tumblr_owdll4RSOH1snghrzo1_400.gif

View Quote

Buy a light bulb also........they are essential.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Cliff notes.........I don't Twitter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loony Bernie bot.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope.  Nowhere near the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYWFQH7VXwo
View Quote

If you read the poster above, it's stated that he was arrested for having open warrants.

I find it amusing that the eagle-eyed OP was 50' away and cannot tell us which agency it was.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Loony Bernie bot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loony Bernie bot.

Yeah, I ended up googling it since VooDoo ordered me to.

If LEO's are doing this in Michigan eventually we will all hear about it more and more........but I believe the OP saw what he saw and thought it was a ticket for buying mulch.

Could he be wrong.....sure, but maybe not.

ETA:  We were told early on the fines would be primarily for large gatherings and obvious violations of social distancing that reached "serious" levels............so we'll see........
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you read the poster above, it's stated that he was arrested for having open warrants.

I find it amusing that the eagle-eyed OP was 50' away and cannot tell us which agency it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Nowhere near the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYWFQH7VXwo

Do you always make a habit of commenting before actually reading the thread?

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://kdvr.com/news/man-arrested-in-front-of-daughter-at-brighton-park-for-allegedly-violating-social-distancing/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They handed him a ticket,  fine, summons, whatever it's called.  Dude was PISSED and was not being quiet.

I guess that could be true but the dude was yelling stuff like "all this because i came to get some goddamn mulch" and "gotta get out of the house some damn time" and the like. Admittedly I couldn't hear the officer near as good cuz he wasn't raising his voice as loud.  Again, I could be wrong (happened once before) but I heard the $1,000 number, plus the other shit the guy was pissed and yelling about, and then him losing it worse after getting handed a ticket looking piece of paper... seemed pretty clear cut.  If I'm wrong I'll certainly feel bad about it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If LEO's are doing this in Michigan eventually we will all hear about it more and more........but I believe the OP saw what he saw and thought it was a ticket for buying mulch.

ETA:  We were told early on the fines would be primarily for large gatherings and obvious violations of social distancing that reached "serious" levels............so we'll see........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loony Bernie bot.

I still believe OP is making this up or didn’t see what he thought he saw.
However-there’s a thread right now about cops in MS harassing church goers, there’s been irrelevant to this instance but still noteworthy examples of police actions around the country in this thread.  
Most departments have those suckasses wh o WILL do what they’re told when it comes to enforcing crackdowns. Whether they’re in an at will Dept sucking some mayor or sheriffs ass, or doing it to get ahead, there is that element in police work.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://kdvr.com/news/man-arrested-in-front-of-daughter-at-brighton-park-for-allegedly-violating-social-distancing/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Well at least I now know why all the parks I go to are vacant.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Heard back from Utica Police :

Mr. ---------, your witness is unreliable no such incident exist, as such their is no information for release.

I hope that the holiday finds you well.

Sean Coady
Chief of Police
View Quote

@ConcernedCitizen
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@ConcernedCitizen
View Quote

Not surprising, considering OP said it was Macomb County.

I'll withhold judgement until we hear back from that department.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I still believe OP is making this up or didn’t see what he thought he saw.
However-there’s a thread right now about cops in MS harassing church goers, there’s been irrelevant to this instance but still noteworthy examples of police actions around the country in this thread.  
Most departments have those suckasses wh o WILL do what they’re told when it comes to enforcing crackdowns. Whether they’re in an at will Dept sucking some mayor or sheriffs ass, or doing it to get ahead, there is that element in police work.
View Quote
I most definitely believe that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4e65ca1a5fd8bb871540cd436a7ab67e/tumblr_owdll4RSOH1snghrzo1_400.gif

View Quote
Cops aren't even out in our town.  They are all hiding in teh station....I mean sheltering in place....I mean staging in a central location to respond if needed at an incident.  Think violent felony or car accident.

@DarkStar
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@ConcernedCitizen
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mr. ---------, your witness is unreliable no such incident exist, as such their is no information for release.

I hope that the holiday finds you well.

Sean Coady
Chief of Police

@ConcernedCitizen

Well I'll be damned!  Would the sheriff have to report it to Utica Police?  Now I'm doubting my sanity.  It was SOOOOO clear that was what was happening.  Sorry if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well I'll be damned!  Would the sheriff have to report it to Utica Police?  Now I'm doubting my sanity.  It was SOOOOO clear that was what was happening.  Sorry if I'm wrong.
View Quote

I'm a bit confused here...

Are the Utica Police and the Macomb County Police the same entity?

Here the County Sheriff's office is separate from all of the city police departments.  We have separate departments for city, county, and state police.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Our dumbass Governor Karen won't even let landscape supplies like mulch, top soil, plants to be delivered to your fucking driveway.

Where they will be NO DIRECT CONTACT with other people.

She is a stupid fuck beyond description yet the people in my dumbass state voted her in easily.

Our legislature just voted down her attempt to increase the stay at home order for ANOTHER 70 days (copying Governor Coonman's order).

That would have extended it until roughly the END OF JUNE.

Good bye Michigan economy if she did that.
View Quote

I just got back from delivering 5 yards of mulch to a customer. Ohio beats Wolverines again.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I just got back from delivering 5 yards of mulch to a customer. Ohio beats Wolverines again.  
View Quote

Can you get me 3 five foot Nigra Arborvitaes and deliver them up here to me........I am close to the border!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Utica is the municipality, Macomb is the county. Its possible the county guys went into the city to enforce it, because they technically have overlapping jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Would the sheriff have to report it to Utica Police?
View Quote

Probably not.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The tickets will all get dismissed....its a publicity statement for people to stay the fuck home.

View Quote

Law enforcement actions should not be conducted for such purposes
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Probably not.
View Quote

Is it common for Sheriff's of a County to go into cities or towns and issue tickets for stuff like this when there is a local police force???
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#30]
just start coughing up a storm and pretend you don't hear them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Careful.  Likely to get a slap on the wrist talking about cops harassing citizens...
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is it common for Sheriff's of a County to go into cities or towns and issue tickets for stuff like this when there is a local police force???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not.

I can't answer that specifically (not qualified) but I can tell you that the Sheriff cars are all over M-59 and the side roads so I would guess so??
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Utica is the municipality, Macomb is the county. Its possible the county guys went into the city to enforce it, because they technically have overlapping jurisdiction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That matches our system here. We have city, county, and state police. In the more rural areas, it's pretty much only the county police, as the state police seem quite content running speed traps on I-5.

OP's description of what he overheard seems quite plausible to me, though it seems that many of our LEO members are quite sceptical. I'm quite anxious to see what Macomb County's response is, one way or the other.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Give it time. The longer this goes on the less patient and compliant the populace will be. Things will start getting interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If white middle class America started reacting to this the way the hood does. Shit like this would stop overnight.

Give it time. The longer this goes on the less patient and compliant the populace will be. Things will start getting interesting.

Like the "uprising" in "V for Vendetta"

Brits got their balls back.....sort of
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not.

Depends on the area. Its possible.

In my area, the answer is no, its not common at all. The deputies get bent out of shape when they have to go into the city to take city runs, which usually only happens if every city unit is tied up on a critical incident or if the deputies are trying to get into the action for Live PD...
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I can't answer that specifically (not qualified) but I can tell you that the Sheriff cars are all over M-59 and the side roads so I would guess so??
View Quote

I can see on the highways but going into a city/town and enforce stuff when there is a local PD.......seems unusual.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Depends on the area. Its possible.

In my area, the answer is no, its not common at all. The deputies get bent out of shape when they have to go into the city to take city runs, which usually only happens if every city unit is tied up on a critical incident or if the deputies are trying to get into the action for Live PD...
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That matches our system here. We have city, county, and state police. In the more rural areas, it's pretty much only the county police, as the state police seem quite content running speed traps on I-5.

OP's description of what he overheard seems quite plausible to me, though it seems that many of our Leo members are quite sceptical. I'm quite anxious to see what Macomb County's response is, one way or the other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP's description of what he overheard seems quite plausible to me, though it seems that many of our Leo members are quite sceptical. I'm quite anxious to see what Macomb County's response is, one way or the other.

You and me both!  I'm really starting to feel like an asshole here.

Also,
Z said that I sound like a cop hater in an earlier post.  I can assure you I'm not.  I've had one ticket put under advisement 22 years ago.  Been pulled over maybe 3 times in my 22 + years behind the wheel.  Got pulled over once last summer for absolutely no reason and posted about it here.  I was pissed about it but I'm not a law enforcement hater.  Hell, a local DNR and I text or chat quite often, he's a super guy!  Just explaining that's not the case here.  Nor am I trying to start shit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I can see on the highways but going into a city/town and enforce stuff when there is a local PD.......seems unusual.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps the Governor has more pull with the county, and has demanded that they start enforcing her edicts.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Also,
Z said that I sound like a cop hater in an earlier post.  I can assure you I'm not.  I've had one ticket put under advisement 22 years ago.  Been pulled over maybe 3 times in my 22 + years behind the wheel.  Got pulled over once last summer for absolutely no reason and posted about it here.  I was pissed about it but I'm not a law enforcement hater.  Hell, a local DNR and I text or chat quite often, he's a super guy!  Just explaining that's not the case here.  Nor am I trying to start shit.
View Quote

Oh shit don't feel like an asshole........I believe you thought what you were seeing was as you told it.

Calm down for god's sake.

If this is happening in places we will eventually hear about it either way.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Perhaps the Governor has more pull with the county, and has demanded that they start enforcing her edicts.
View Quote

Could be..........
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Where EXACTLY is this happening?  How about some facts to go along with this tale. Any proof of $1000 tickets actually being issued would be helpful.  There isn't any mention of it in the Michigan media and they damn sure would be all over a story like that.  This is starting to look like a typical GD bullshit story that's posted to get everyone all worked up.
View Quote

On Detroit fox 2 news.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Careful.  Likely to get a slap on the wrist talking about cops harassing citizens...
View Quote

Not if he’s telling the truth. If he’s lying about it and created a thread just to stir shit that’s a different matter
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oh shit don't feel like an asshole........I believe you thought what you were seeing was as you told it.

Calm down for god's sake.

If this is happening in places we will eventually hear about it either way.
View Quote

Appreciate it.

I just don't want to be 'that' poster who's just trying to stir the pot or get people riled up by posting ridiculous shit.  Wasn't my intent.  I should have titled it differently (which I did change).
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Michigan went for Trump in 2016.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our dumbass Governor Karen won't even let landscape supplies like mulch, top soil, plants to be delivered to your fucking driveway.

Where they will be NO DIRECT CONTACT with other people.

She is a stupid fuck beyond description yet the people in my dumbass state voted her in easily.

Our legislature just voted down her attempt to increase the stay at home order for ANOTHER 70 days (copying Governor Coonman's order).

That would have extended it until roughly the END OF JUNE.

Good bye Michigan economy if she did that.

She really is a dumbass, and all she does it go on about how the state is on its own and the government isn't doing anything.  She's just becoming more and more radical so she can pander to the dems and be Uncle Joe's running mate/personal sniff toy.

The people in this state are cucked beyond belief and praising her for going after Trump.  Unfortunately the Southeastern portion of this state where I reside is full of hipsters and pot monkeys who both love her.

Michigan went for Trump in 2016.

And went for Gov Half-Wit in 2018.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Also,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also,

You created a thread indicating local cops were ticketing customers at a Home Depot based on their purchase. You got the kids all stirred up, and now you’re backing away.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Appreciate it.

I just don't want to be 'that' poster who's just trying to stir the pot or get people riled up by posting ridiculous shit.  Wasn't my intent.  I should have titled it differently (which I did change).
View Quote

I believe that you’re being honest and posted what you saw but the explanation could be that yeah maybe they gave him a ticket for some expired tags which he couldn’t renew or something like that.

Or maybe he was just being a complete dick to the cops, maybe he told him to fuck off and he said oh yeah, here you go.

Meanwhile all the liquor stores are open
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#48]
oh potentially now. after being so sure.

damn the backpedal is real.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Probably some stupid fucking Karen complained to our stupid fucking Governor Karen and now the Gestapo hammer has fallen.

And, of course our stupid fucking Gestapo Governor Karen is for an AWB.

I honestly believe we have the WORST governor in America.

She makes Cuomo look great.

Oh and stupid fucking Biden might pick our stuipid fucking Gestapo Governor Karen as his running mate.
View Quote

@RDak If you're in Monroe county someday, I owe you a beer.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Run it's course.  Turns out to be false.  
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top