BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Enjoy these salad days, the end is near.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I think this is commonly lost on some. The more crazy the competition becomes the better cars become on all sides.
Enjoy these salad days, the end is near.
When I was young and muscle cars ruled the day, 14 seconds flat was an incredible quarter mile and people lied about high 13 second times.  Stock, customer owned C7 Corvettes can do 12.2 second quarter miles with air conditioning, smog equipment, safety equipment and a full factory warranty.  Definitely salad days.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't quite think that's in the same price range, but I agree with you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Worth repeating.
View All Quotes
" The driver, vehicle dynamics engineer Jim Mero, is known for his mastery of the Nurburgring behind the wheel of Chevy products. If anyone was going to break the record, it would be him. Chevy was keen to note that Mero is an engineer, not a pro-driver, which was definitely a dig at Ford, which set the record using Ford GT race driver Billy Johnson.

Also, like Ford, Chevy claims it wasn't going for a record, rather the time was set during validation testing for the ZR1. What's next? Dodge takes a Viper ACR, sets a new record, and then claims they didn't intend to set the record because a child was driving it, it was stuck in third gear the whole time, and the kid parked it near where the oak tree was for a brief picnic. It could happen. Probably? Maybe?"

In otherwords: Bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No dog in this fight but in the Rolex last weekend, Ford 1-2, Corvette 3-4.

Jus’ sayin’

TC

ETA: Who cares what the Dodges can do, they can’t turn. Anyone can go fast in a straight line...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/197999/300F9748-AA1C-47A9-8840-C1CB4B33EE51-437294.JPG
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, the Vettes can dominate 24 hour races. HOWEVER, the Ford GTs finished 1, 2 at Daytona 24hr last weekend.

http://fordauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Ford-GT-Le-Mans-at-Daytona-24.jpg
View Quote
Cant win them all. Vettes won the class championship last year..
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are three types of halo cars.  Engine cars.  Suspension cars.  Accoutrement cars.

Each type possess qualities of the other cars that blows average cars out of the water, but that is not their focus.  A Bentley has a powerful engine and amazing suspension, but it's all about the accoutrements.

Corvette is an engine car.

Ford GT (new one) is a suspension car.

You're comparing two different types of cars.
View Quote
Bear with me as I know very little, shouldn't the suspension car beat the engine car?
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bear with me as I know very little, shouldn't the suspension car beat the engine car?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are three types of halo cars.  Engine cars.  Suspension cars.  Accoutrement cars.

Each type possess qualities of the other cars that blows average cars out of the water, but that is not their focus.  A Bentley has a powerful engine and amazing suspension, but it's all about the accoutrements.

It depends upon the track and the difference between the suspensions.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oddly enough he still set a track record.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That driver was sloppy as hell. On one turn it looked like his 'drifting' days caught up with him and he almost went off the track - he got back on it way too early, like he wanted to throw the tail out and dirt track. I know the feeling. If you like to dirt track it gets to be automatic, but you can't let it get out on a freaking road course.
Oddly enough he still set a track record.
That's what I was thinking too
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And we care because.......?
View Quote
You cared enough to post in this thread......
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Since when has anyone ever given a shit about lap times on VIR?

Go run the ring.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Go run the ring.
View Quote
Its natural for folks to be passionate about driving a car they'll never own on a track they will never drive on.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How many laps can it do before it burns itself down due to cooling issues though?
View Quote
first post nails it. plus ZTK or whatever? never heard of it. so its some aftermarket boutique chevy against a box stock ford? sounds legit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hate VIR in that configuration.

Time for some Forza hot laps!

View Quote
That video is the first I've ever seen of anyone running that course.  I wonder if they chose that lower speed, twisty turning layout to take away a Ford advantage if they made a comparison using the full back straight where the Ford could run flat out for over a mile?
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pretty damn sure the 8 speed 6th gen Camaro has been doing that since its release and doesn't need to be optioned to close to $50k to do it.

The 2650 supercharger is the PD supercharger that's been needed to exist for a long time. VMP will have a field day putting them on mustangs too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love it. The new Mustang GT gets sub 12 seconds 1/4 mile stock and Camaro fan boys bitch and complain. The new ZR1 sets a lap record and people bitch for some reason or another. People always have lame excuses why one car beat another.

I'm not even a vette fan, but that's fuckin awesome. All I know is that as a Ford guy, when Chevy puts out something new and amazing, that means Ford has to step it up. Win - Win.
Pretty damn sure the 8 speed 6th gen Camaro has been doing that since its release and doesn't need to be optioned to close to $50k to do it.

The 2650 supercharger is the PD supercharger that's been needed to exist for a long time. VMP will have a field day putting them on mustangs too.
AFAIK there's been one STOCK Camaro run at sub 12, and I believe it was an LT1 or whatever their track car is, but I may be mistaken about that. The guy that tested the stock GT got 3 back to back sub 12 second runs the first time they tested it. Oh, and it's not 50k. You can get all the performance goodies without the frills for like 44k MSRP....which is like 40 OTD.

But here you go...making excuses again. I'm not bashing the Camaro. It's an amazing performing car, what is it with people that come in and say "YEAH BUT!!" why can't you just be happy that the 2018 GT appears to be a little faster in the 1/4? If you're not, you should be because that means the 2019 Camaro will come out even BETTER.
Like I said, it's a win-win, no excuses or justifications required.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Still a vette. Meh.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think most people would prefer the "get around the track faster than stink" car. However the engineers make that happen is on them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
first post nails it. plus ZTK or whatever? never heard of it. so its some aftermarket boutique chevy against a box stock ford? sounds legit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many laps can it do before it burns itself down due to cooling issues though?
I don't think ZTK is an aftermarket brand, I think it's a GM RPO code...kinda like ZR1, Z06, 1LE, ZL1 Z51,Z71, ZR2, lb7,lly,lbz,lml,lmm, ls1-9 lt1 lt4 etc.

It's a GM thing for regular production order codes to become the public name for the option.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#20]
dey don't thank dat supacharger be like it do.....but it do

that sound though
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

AFAIK there's been one STOCK Camaro run at sub 12, and I believe it was an LT1 or whatever their track car is, but I may be mistaken about that. The guy that tested the stock GT got 3 back to back sub 12 second runs the first time they tested it. Oh, and it's not 50k. You can get all the performance goodies without the frills for like 44k MSRP....which is like 40 OTD.

But here you go...making excuses again. I'm not bashing the Camaro. It's an amazing performing car, what is it with people that come in and say "YEAH BUT!!" why can't you just be happy that the 2018 GT appears to be a little faster in the 1/4? If you're not, you should be because that means the 2019 Camaro will come out even BETTER.
View Quote
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427506

Four. Bone stock. On a forum that is made up of mainly older people who don't race or mod their car as much.Probably way more out there An 11.9 in 12/2015. Pretty sure there's people in the 10's with bolt-on's.

1LE is the track package

If I had the money yeah i'd have a PP1/10-speed/3.55 GT out of all the cars out there right now. The one I configured was $47-48k on a GT Premium. No excuses to be made. I'm not a brand loyalist in the slightest. This past fall it was either go back to school or buy a Ruby Red 13-14 GT. I chose to learn how to program robots.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Four. Bone stock. On a forum that is made up of mainly older people who don't race or mod their car as much.Probably way more out there An 11.9 in 12/2015. Pretty sure there's people in the 10's with bolt-on's.

1LE is the track package

If I had the money yeah i'd have a PP1/10-speed/3.55 GT out of all the cars out there right now. The one I configured was $47-48k on a GT Premium. No excuses to be made. I'm not a brand loyalist in the slightest. This past fall it was either go back to school or buy a Ruby Red 13-14 GT. I chose to learn how to program robots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1LE is the track package

Cool. The GT was 11.8 I think....as long as we're comparing prices, what's a 1LE go for?

Anyway, people get all defensive and my point is that competition is good for everyone.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#23]
what trim/package do I order so I can win LeMans?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Its natural for folks to be passionate about driving a car they'll never own on a track they will never drive on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go run the ring.
The Ring is much more of a power track than VIR is.  The difference could very well be even more clear there.

The absolute best comparison is a variety of courses: power course, very technical trwisty course, and a course that is a very even mix.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
at least you could actually buy a corvette
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

read this.

C4s dominated SCCA so much they were outlawed and given their own race series.
View Quote
Were any Euros that may have had a proper suspension able to compete? I bet most of that was due to everyone else having a shit solid rear axle vs the Corvette IRS.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
You just call these people, tell them what you want to do and they will handle the rest...

http://prattmiller.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That driver was sloppy as hell. On one turn it looked like his 'drifting' days caught up with him and he almost went off the track - he got back on it way too early, like he wanted to throw the tail out and dirt track. I know the feeling. If you like to dirt track it gets to be automatic, but you can't let it get out on a freaking road course.
View Quote
If only you were there to help him then maybe he could have set a track record....
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Ford vs Chevy dick wagging contest.

Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:54:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The statement is false.
The Corvette cannot be a 2019 production model if production is only starting in May.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Chevrolet announced today it was able to lap a 2019 ZR1 equipped with the optional eight-speed auto and ZTK performance package around VIR in 2:37.25. That's 1.37 seconds quicker than the Ford GT's time, making the ZR1 the fastest production vehicle to ever lap the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7j1gCM6-5M

Man do I love the new muscle car wars. We are all winners.

The statement is false.
The Corvette cannot be a 2019 production model if production is only starting in May.
You should really learn the terms "non-saleable" builds and "saleable" builds
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ford vs Chevy dick wagging contest.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/1490392.jpg
View Quote
Well at least it is not a manual vs auto contest.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:59:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Cool. The GT was 11.8 I think....as long as we're comparing prices, what's a 1LE go for?

Anyway, people get all defensive and my point is that competition is good for everyone.
View Quote
1LE is around $44k last time I checked. It's M6 only and Ford is bringing out a PP2 to hopefully compete. One advantage the Camaro still has M6 wise is the more reliable Tremec 6060. Wasn't trying to be a shithead. I can see how the tone stated that. Both cars are now a lot closer. Autos with 8 and 10 speeds keep heavier cars in their happy place.

Main point of my post was that I was glad GM chose the 2650 supercharger to put on the ZR1. It has a lot of promise and seems to be way more efficient than other PD superchargers of comparable size. That and the 1.7 on 6.2 in ZO6's is a wee bit undersized.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't think ZTK is an aftermarket brand, I think it's a GM RPO code...kinda like ZR1, Z06, 1LE, ZL1 Z51,Z71, ZR2, lb7,lly,lbz,lml,lmm, ls1-9 lt1 lt4 etc.

It's a GM thing for regular production order codes to become the public name for the option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's in the article linked in the OP.

"The $2,995 ZTK package gives the car a whole bunch of aggressive features, including an adjustable carbon fiber wing, a front splitter, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, and track-ready magnetic ride control."
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can't wait to get old and buy a Vette so I can drive it 5 below the speed limit.

Lol!
View Quote
This!
Every vet I see is blocking traffic and driving like shit!
Are you required to go half the speed limit to match your IQ or what.
I always loved vets but would never want to be one of "those"
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol the ZR1 is a production car made by Chevy.  ZTK is an option package available from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, but it'll never have the prestige as owning a Ford GT. Lap times are overated for us mortals, like comparing hp numbers. We're splitting hairs here. It all about the driver, weather, and track conditions at this level.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You just call these people, tell them what you want to do and they will handle the rest...

http://prattmiller.com
View Quote
I want that big, 8 wheeled, sumbitch in that video thumbnail on their defense page.

I could completely fuck up the drive-thru at a drive-thru liquor store in one of those.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#38]
10 production car lap records, I'd be more impressed if GM went after those records instead of Ford "we weren't really trying so when you beat us it doesn't matter"
No forced induction and no fancy transmission, they gave that car one hell of a send off.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:44:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
10 production car lap records, I'd be more impressed if GM went after those records instead of Ford "we weren't really trying so when you beat us it doesn't matter"
No forced induction and no fancy transmission, they gave that car one hell of a send off.
View Quote
Translation: "Id be much more impressed if GM followed my arbitrary guidelines because, hmph."
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:03:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 inadvertently sets lap record at VIR The beastliest Corvette ever is so fast that it set a lap record at America's toughest track with an engineer at the wheel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:07:55 AM EDT
[#41]
well dang, crossing a Ford GT off my shopping list
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:44:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Given that fewer than 1% of either car will ever see a track - its all magazine fanboy racing.
View Quote
That's also how many Corvettes make it past 3k RPM.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:46:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think they put a lot of effort into cooling the ZR1, the early Z06 problems were just really embarrassing.   They also when full retard on the aero for the ZR1, and to say that the ZR1 isn't a suspension car is just silly.    Say what you want about GM, Ford didn't license suspension tech to Ferrari, or put spool valve dampers on a pony car, or a pickup.

There are places where GM pays attention, and they are pretty badass, then there is everywhere else.  
View Quote
MRC is flat out amazing tech.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 3:35:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Regurgitated bullshit.  The cooling issue has been resolved for several years.  ZtK is an options package.  Nothing aftermarket about it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:27:41 AM EDT
[#45]
I respect and would love to own both of them. That said, you Ford guys are going to crying rivers, and you Chevy guys are going to be tugging each other like crazy when the mid engine Corvette comes out soon.

Ford is going to have to offer a special edition or something. I think the mid engine Corvette is going to have a lot of their competitors not knowing what to do.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Sales Managers entering their mid-life crisis must be rejoicing around the globe.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#47]
I like how the driver just said fuck it and started plowing over the curbs and wake up strips.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
All the new production sports car's are awesome, remember it was not too long ago that most cars sucked bigly!
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The Corvette is a sports car.

Supercars have their engines in the back. The Corvette is not a Supercar. It's a damn good Sports car, but it isn't a supercar.

Just like the Mustang in all of its forms isn't a sportscar (too many seats, and yes, the GT350R gets lumped in there too, because its based on a car that came with too many seats )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Corvette haters gonna hate! As far as I'm concerned, the Vette is an amazing supercar, and the cherry on the top? It will beat 90% of supercars costing 3 and 4 times as much!! 'Murica!! Just thought I'd add that a 2017 Z06 did 2:39.77 @ VIR, not too shabby for a sub $100,000.00 car!
The Corvette is a sports car.

Supercars have their engines in the back. The Corvette is not a Supercar. It's a damn good Sports car, but it isn't a supercar.

Just like the Mustang in all of its forms isn't a sportscar (too many seats, and yes, the GT350R gets lumped in there too, because its based on a car that came with too many seats )
Wrong on both counts. First supercar is not determined by engine placement, but rather performance. An old VW beetle has it's engine in the back, it's no supercar. Also, the fact that a car has rear seats doesn't disqualify it as a sports car, and example of this would be the Porsche 911, a sports car that has back seats. Just sayin'
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Damn, computer graphics are really getting realistic. When does the new GTR game come out?
Page / 5
Top Top