Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Disney Parks DESTROYING Walt's Legacy: Haunted Mansion Censorship, Drag in Disneyland and MORE!

They're getting rid of the hung body in the stretching room in the haunted mansion for ... "sensitivity."

I don't even have to tell anyone what the excuse is.

Seems they have some advisory group running aroud in the parks looking for stuff to be upset about. Because they get paid to.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 3:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#2]
Disney’s UPDATED Paid Lightning Lane - How Does it Stack Up?

These lane bypass services are a hellscape and insane.

Walk in the park and go to the ride you want?

Nooo.

The fastpass system(s) have intentionally made the "walk up to the line and wait" obscenely longer. So you have to have your face stuck in your phone and tethered to real world misery and scheduling and etc.

Increase park capacity and let people have fun and disconnect from daily life vs controlfreak everyone and datamine them ... they always choose the latter.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Warning, some eye-bleach content in the video from 10:15 to 12:15 or so. NOT for kids.

O'keefe dropped another vid. Some guy named Genie gurnani, a creative marketing director in disney entertainment television.

Oh, and when he's not working for disney, he's a drag queen. A berkley grad (shocking, would have ever thought...)

Catfished on bumble.

BREAKING: Disney Marketing Director Genie Gurnani Reveals Push for More LGBT Content and Drag Queens

The then current projects he said he was working on coming out over the next four or five months is ... yep, you guessed it, alphabet pride.

When asked if he wanted children to see the alphabet content he said yes, and that the kids seeing that stuff is the "unspoken thing."

And now there are alphabet pride nights are being done and organized by *disney itself.*
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course it’s the unspoken thing. To speak it out loud is admitting to grooming, which they insist isn’t the intent.

But anyone who doesn’t realize it now, what with the goings on at all the recent “pride” festivals and the specific targeting of children in so many ways is willfully ignoring reality.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Naamah:
Of course it’s the unspoken thing. To speak it out loud is admitting to grooming, which they insist isn’t the intent.

But anyone who doesn’t realize it now, what with the goings on at all the recent “pride” festivals and the specific targeting of children in so many ways is willfully ignoring reality.
View Quote

Well,  anita bryant lived long enough to be widely proven right..
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Yet so many parents act like it's frickin child abuse NOT to drag their kids to Orlando to see the lgbtmouse...

"Well we went there when we's was kids"-  is one of the stupid ass replies I've heard from parents. Well dumbass, it's a lot different now and I don't know hell, maybe try to be smarter than your parents and actually protect your kids against some of the dumb stuff in the world?? Crazy idea I know.
View Quote

We find out who our leaders are by watching what people do.

Parent knows it's bad for the kid. Kids and other parent want it anyways.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#8]
https://wdwnt.com/2024/07/disney-little-mermaid-casting-transgender-actors/

https://archive.is/SiI9C

Disney Park Opens ‘The Little Mermaid’ Casting Call to Transgender Men & Women

Katie Francis

July 5, 2024
A boat with three figures sails through an illuminated, enchanting cave adorned with glowing plants, sea creatures, and twinkling lights. Decorated arch framing the scene with seashell and ocean motifs evokes a magical ambiance reminiscent of The Little Mermaid.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios has opened a casting call for the upcoming “The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure” production to transgender men and women.

The new show, which is replacing “Voyage of the Little Mermaid,” is searching to fill roles, including leads Ariel and Eric. A call for auditions in New York revealed that the casting is explicitly inclusive of transgender men and women. In the past, the listings would state “man” or “woman” without specifying whether or not the individual had to be cisgender.
Casting Call for "The Little Mermaid - A Musical Adventure" at Disney Park, seeking actors for roles including Prince Eric: an 18-30-year-old white, transgender man, 5'10"-6'0", charismatic and fearless.

The listing for Ariel reads, “18 to 30 years old, White woman, transgender woman. 5’2? – 5’6?. A spirited, fun-loving, yet curious mermaid princess who longs to be a part of the human world. Lyrical pop soprano with belt to C.”

And for Eric, it reads, “18 to 30 years old, White man, transgender man. 5’10” – 6’0?. Charismatic and fearless, Prince Eric is a true romantic who never gives up on his heart’s desire. Non-singing role.”

The Little Mermaid — A Musical Adventure is set to debut this fall at the Animation Courtyard Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It will feature the same songs as “Voyage of the Little Mermaid,” plus “Kiss the Girl” and “Daughters of Triton.” A first look at some of the new puppets was released earlier this year.
View Quote

... It's like disney is going out of their way to confirm the leaked video.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 6:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I think the really shocking thing in that casting call is that they also put out a call for a “white man’ as well as a “white woman.”
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:

I think the really shocking thing in that casting call is that they also put out a call for a “white man’ as well as a “white woman.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:

Especially in light of the recent live action version.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

Video of the cast member in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeG5JU_UpyU

The pertinent bit starts at 7 Minutes and 22 seconds.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Warning, some eye-bleach content in the video from 10:15 to 12:15 or so. NOT for kids.

O'keefe dropped another vid. Some guy named Genie gurnani, a creative marketing director in disney entertainment television.

Oh, and when he's not working for disney, he's a drag queen. A berkley grad (shocking, would have ever thought...)

Catfished on bumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sntzHtOX5A

The then current projects he said he was working on coming out over the next four or five months is ... yep, you guessed it, alphabet pride.

When asked if he wanted children to see the alphabet content he said yes, and that the kids seeing that stuff is the "unspoken thing."

And now there are alphabet pride nights are being done and organized by *disney itself.*
View Quote

That strikes me as financial suicide.   I can't see how they're going to get enough people who are on board their rainbow train bullshit to make up for the people who just nope out of the whole thing.  There's no way I'd take a kid to see that.    That makes them a non destination for a huge amount of the population and still pushing for more.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Of course it's the unspoken thing. To speak it out loud is admitting to grooming, which they insist isn't the intent.

But anyone who doesn't realize it now, what with the goings on at all the recent "pride" festivals and the specific targeting of children in so many ways is willfully ignoring reality.

I remember when she got canceled all those years ago.  I knew she was right then.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:04:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#14]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Yet so many parents act like it's frickin child abuse NOT to drag their kids to Orlando to see the lgbtmouse...

"Well we went there when we's was kids"-  is one of the stupid ass replies I've heard from parents. Well dumbass, it's a lot different now and I don't know hell, maybe try to be smarter than your parents and actually protect your kids against some of the dumb stuff in the world?? Crazy idea I know.
View Quote

My nephew and his wife used to go and talked about taking their little girl to Disney once she was old enough..............once I enlightened him to the goings on there, he said Hell no, he would never take his child there. I haven't been in forever and will never set foot in that place again

Eugene McCarthy and Anita Bryant were both right...............I'm just wondering how long until Universal makes Harry Potter a tranny............May Disney go bankrupt
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:34:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IceChimp] [#15]
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/global-box-office-inside-out-2-passes-minions-5th-highest-grossing-animated-film-1236061950/

Disney finally has a movie making money in theaters right now, sitting at 1.22 billion globally.

By all accounts it's not their best movie ever but is supposedly reminiscent of the good old days of Pixar and agenda free. Who knew they could still make money when they just don't push lgbtpq+++ on people and have a decent quality product instead.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By IceChimp:
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/global-box-office-inside-out-2-passes-minions-5th-highest-grossing-animated-film-1236061950/

Disney finally has a movie making money in theaters right now, sitting at 1.22 billion globally.

By all accounts it's not their best movie ever but is supposedly reminiscent of the good old days of Pixar and agenda free. Who knew they could still make money when they just don't push lgbtpq+++ on people and have a decent quality product instead.
View Quote

They have everything they need to learn the lesson and stop it, but they won't, because they allowed the place to be effectively 100% ideologically captured by the left and the sexual anarchists.

It wont stop till they don't have the resources to do it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
The competency crisis caused by Didn't Earn It is impacting WDW.

Disney World BEGS for Guests in July: Attendance DOWN, Experience CRATERED -- The Dire State of WDW!

Mobile phone ordering systems and etc were down in the whole park.

Customer service replaced by "use your phone."

No food could be sold because the system was down.

Rides down and  not functioning; screwing whoever's in the virtual queue.

Nothing to do in epcot besides whatever festival may be going on.

Can't leave the park any way but by ferry because the monorails are going down/down.

Experiences like this pile up and word starts getting around.

Apparently they are not using air conditioner in places where they should ... in orlando!??!

WDW/Epcot used to be fun in the 90s and 00s, if you had a day to shoot and were in driving distance.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#18]
We paid for a 'Walk Around The World' family brick at WDW Florida back in 98, but all the bricks were torn up and throw away in 2019.
I'm actually glad they threw our brick away, so our family name isn't apart of that place.

Jay
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 1:29:52 AM EDT
[#19]
WARNING EYE BLEACH THROUGH THE VIDEO IN RANDOM SPOTS.

Blurred out nudity and stuff you'd rather NOT see from pride prarades having to do with disney.

He got content and it looks like access to their internal comms and slack group.

EXCLUSIVE: Insider Leaks Disney's Hidden LGBTQ Youth Programs and Children's Pride Events

Internal official company networks used to pass around info for ... swingers groups!??!? (openly)

Pride nights, gay pride questionnaires, name change (think trans) clinics.

Disney sanctioned LGBT pride events in seattle advertise as being for kids of all ages.

And they have similar events listed across the entire country, including one in florida.

We're talking about the kind of events with naked dudes masquerading around on the street in front of minor children.

From the okeefe video:

They are partnering with a group called zebra youth
https://zebrayouth.org/
https://archive.ph/r8KRB
Zebra Youth is an organization that provides services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and all youth (LGBTQ+) ages 13 – 24.

Zebra assists young people facing homelessness, bullying, isolation from their families, and physical, sexual, and drug abuse with individualized programs to guide them to recovery and stability.

Link Posted: 7/12/2024 1:34:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JamPo:
I’m excited at the prospect of their demise.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2024 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Originally Posted By JamPo:
I’m excited at the prospect of their demise.

If desantis and wheels want a huge win, they can go after these events.

Desantis can probably BREAK them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 2:17:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Stuff like this makes me suspect of why sound of freedom got shelved by disney.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#23]
They are partnering with a group called zebra youth
https://zebrayouth.org/
https://archive.ph/r8KRB
Zebra Youth is an organization that provides services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and all youth (LGBTQ+) ages 13 – 24.

Zebra assists young people facing homelessness, bullying, isolation from their families, and physical, sexual, and drug abuse with individualized programs to guide them to recovery and stability.

View Quote

And the saddest part is that those kids and young adults are some of the most vulnerable. They’re mentally ill, confused, often severely depressed, and isolated. They’re more likely to run away, get into drugs, turn to prostitution, and predators leap on that like lions on a straggling gazelle.

Those kids need the help and support and resources, and unfortunately most groups that purport to “help” them are just a way for predators to have ready access to a renewable victim pool. The last thing those kids need is to be exploited for publicity and financial gain along with everything else.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:55:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Snozberry] [#24]
This fine. I was more than happy to grab their stock when it hit $70 and im just waiing for the opportunity to do it again.

Fan momentum will carry them for a bit. Deadpool x wolverine will give it a bump, but the ship is taking on water. Eventually theyll failed enough to be bought out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#25]
https://www.wired.com/story/disney-slack-leak-nullbulge/
Hackers Claim to Have Leaked 1.1 TB of Disney Slack Messages
A hacker group called “NullBulge” says it stole more than a terabyte of Disney’s internal Slack messages and files from nearly 10,000 channels in an apparent protest over AI-generated art.

A group calling itself “NullBulge” published a 1.1-TB trove of data late last week that it claims is a dump of Disney's internal Slack archive. The data allegedly includes every message and file from nearly 10,000 channels, including unreleased projects, code, images, login credentials, and links to internal websites and APIs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#26]
REVEALED: Disney GET Program Pushes Transgender Agenda; Uses Consumer Funds for Gender Reassignment

If you don't have much time, skip to 4 minutes and go till about 5:30.

We have known disney is taking your money and paying for their employees to get trans mutilation surgeries or chemical castration ... and also *for their children.*  But they will not pay for detransition.

Well, disney has been pushing trans ideology inside the company quite intentionally.

This is what your tickets the park and room fees and disney cruise and D+ and Hulu subs are paying for.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Disney SKY ROCKETS Streaming Subscription Prices Ahead of Earnings Call: Disney+, Hulu, ESPN Up 25%!

Disney is raising the price of of it's lowest cost offering up to $9.99 a month.

Walt Disney Co (The)
As of August 6, 2024 • 8:02 PM UTC
NYSE: DIS
89.97USD
+2.19(2.50%)

Earnings call is tomorrow, wed 08, 8am usa est.

Walt Disney Company Earnings Call Q3 2024 | LIVE Coverage, Reaction & Analysis
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#28]
They are also tanking Hasbro's earnings with partner brands Star Wars and Marvel quarter after quarter
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bunnysriflestock:
They are also tanking Hasbro's earnings with partner brands Star Wars and Marvel quarter after quarter
View Quote

I've been hearing quite a lot of that.

WCBS on youtube has a routine segment on that.

IIRC at this point hasbro is basically wanting to not even be a toy maker now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Snozberry:
This fine. I was more than happy to grab their stock when it hit $70 and im just waiing for the opportunity to do it again.

Fan momentum will carry them for a bit. Deadpool x wolverine will give it a bump, but the ship is taking on water. Eventually theyll failed enough to be bought out.
View Quote
DIS is down 49% over a 3 year period, while the S&P (of which DIS is a member stock) has had a +18% return.
If you think buying DIS is a sound investment, you're as delusional as Bob Iger is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Seeing thread bumped - just want to re-iterate.

56 years old here, two teenager kids, wife.
We stopped watching, paying, buying, traveling anything Disney years ago.

Once we realized where they were heading, we cancelled everything.

Even sold Disney toys.

Heck my screen name is "Solo" from Star Wars days in the 1970s (when I grew up), I even personally cancelled that shit for me.

Just saying.
I grew up with Disney. I used to absolutely adore their stuff. Adore it. Beyond love, adoration.

Now I can't watch a single thing of theirs, including the classics.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/11/2024 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#33]
$5 Billion BACKFIRE: SEC Filings Show Disney Schemed to UNDERPAY For Hulu, Comcast Levy's HUGE Bill

So disney already owned about 2/3 of hulu, comcast owned the last third with a contractual right to force disney to buy it from them, with the price being arbitrated. Comcast and disney would both have their own group (IIRC both big multinational banks) valuate the total value of hulu, and as long as both came within a certain margin, a set amount would be the cost to disney.  

If the two sides were too far apart in their estimation, they would have to find an outside third party to do a valuation.

Shocker, disney went for lowball, and the difference was too big.

Now it seems like disney is going to be forced to pay more for that last third hulu than the minimum they've already paid.

The range is zero to five billion, watchers are indicating that they can't fathom that it wouldn't cost at least 2.5bn more, and they wouldn't be surprised if disney got stuck with the full sticker price.

Topping it off, hulu appears to be what is making disney's streaming stable "profitable."
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Disney's CEO Bob Iger Wants OUT: Claims He's OBSESSED with Retiring as Star Wars and Marvel STRUGGLE
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#35]
The Acolyte got cancelled. I guess they are realizing they will have to give in to their audience's wants to stay solvent.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Rachel Zegler Boycott for Snow White?! Disney FEARS Hatred with Gal Gadot Could Kill Box Office!
Rachel Zegler Boycott for Snow White?! Disney FEARS Hatred with Gal Gadot Could Kill Box Office!
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#37]
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/08/25/disney-forming-committee-to-replace-ceo-bob-iger/

(AP) — Morgan Stanley Executive Chairman James Gorman will lead Disney’s search for a successor to Bob Iger, two years after the company’s longtime leader came out of retirement following a rocky transition to his hand-picked replacement.
Gorman, who joined Disney’s board earlier this year, has previous succession planning experience, as he oversaw the process at Morgan Stanley. Gorman currently serves as Morgan Stanley’s executive chairman after several years as its chairman and CEO.

“James is a highly respected leader, and we’ve asked him to serve as the new chair of the succession planning committee given his deep succession planning experience and long-term strategic mentality,” Disney Chairman Mark Parker, who most recently served as the committee’s chair, said in a statement.

Aside from Gorman and Parker, board members Mary Barra and Calvin McDonald will continue to serve on the succession planning committee.

Disney, which formed the succession planning committee in January 2023, said that the committee has met six times so far in fiscal 2024.

The committee, along with the company’s board, are considering internal and external candidates. Disney said that internal candidates are going through a preparation process that includes mentorship from Iger, external coaching, and engagement with all board members.

-------------

Drew Smith@DrewDisneyDude          Aug 15
My understanding is that, in addition to Frontierland and Tom Sawyer Island, Disney recently documented Liberty Square, as well.

Liberty Square was not included in the announcement of the removal of Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America, yet it could be a part of the transformation of Magic Kingdom Park.

While we don’t know why this documentation was done yet, it could be a sign that changes are on the way to Liberty Square in addition to the Cars-themed attractions in Frontierland.
Aug 15, 2024 · 6:00 PM UTC

Walt saying why they put it into the park.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#38]
https://www.indiewire.com/news/breaking-news/youtube-passes-disney-tv-viewing-1235042375/

How Huge Was YouTube in July? It Surpassed the Entire Disney Portfolio in TV Usage
July 2024 marked the first month the Disney suite of television channels and streaming services was not number 1.

By Tony Maglio
September 3, 2024 12:00 pm

According to Nielsen’s latest calculations, YouTube accounted for 10.4 percent of all TV usage in July 2024. It surpassed reigning champion Disney, which fell from 10.8 percent in June 2024 to 9.9 percent in July.

With the door open, YouTube became the first streaming service ever to finish first; believe it or not, Netflix still has a long way to go to catch up.

For an explanation, look no further than your own child’s tablet. With school out for the summer, nearly 30 percent of July’s YouTube viewership came from kids aged 2 to 17. The same group accounted for 13 percent of TV viewership overall. Fellow parents, we all need to chill on screen time. Disney still leads 2024 overall with 11 percent of total TV viewing through seven recorded months.

-------------------------

https://deadline.com/2024/09/disney-villains-show-hollywood-studios-1236077191/

Disney Villains Getting Their Own Show At Disney Hollywood Studios
By Tom TappSeptember 3, 2024 7:02pm

Ready to have a good time being bad?

Disney today announced a new stage production inhabited by some of it most iconic villains, coming in the summer of 2025.

The show is set in “the mysterious, reflective realm of the Magic Mirror,” according to Disney, with “dozens of the most infamous evildoers, with fiendish foes Cruella de Vil, Captain Hook and Maleficent each breaking through the glass to take the stage in live production numbers.”  

The production will take place at the park’s Sunset Showcase.

The new attraction presages the long-rumored — and recently confirmed — villains land in Orlando. That new attraction will feature rides, shopping and dining inspired by Ursula, Gaston, the Evil Queen and more of fans’ favorite Walt Disney Animation Studios baddies.

Disney corp doing what it knows best I guess.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#39]
https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/disney-data-leaks-show-disney-made-almost-3-4-of-a-billion-on-the-genie-add-on-service-streaming-data-and-more/

Disney Data Leaks Show Disney Made Almost 3/4 of a Billion On The Genie+ Add On Service, Streaming Data, and More
By Kambrea Pratt • September 5, 2024 • 4 minutes of reading

This past summer, Nullbulge hacked Disney’s internal Slack, leaking over 1 TB of data. The data contained information about revenue from Disney+, ESPN+, and Genie+, login credentials for the cloud, more than 44 million internal Slack messages, 13,000 PDFs, and more than 18,800 spreadsheets.

It is unclear if Nullbulge is a group of hackers or an individual, but they claim they accessed the information via an “inside man.”

Between the Genie+ launch in October 2021 and June 2024, Disney made more than $724 million in revenue from the free FastPass+ replacement, which is almost three-quarters of a billion dollars.

Genie+ replaced the free FastPass+ service. Instead of all guests getting the three-line saving passes with their entry fee, Disney decided to charge guests for the same thing and even started charging an optional fee per person for some high-demand attractions. It has apparently been quite lucrative.

Some even argue that the Disability Access Pass (DAS) is being changed because Disney wants to force even more revenue for Genie+. While many people with disabilities are being denied, Disney’s suggestion has reportedly been to buy Genie+.

Disney recently changed the name from Genie+ to simply “Lightning Lane” but it is the same service.

724 million off genie+ in only walt disney world over ~33 months. That's  21,939,393.9 million a month. Estimated 1,003 days in that period of time, so the average is 721,834.49 extracted from park goers a day.

If we take this site's estimate:

https://disneyparknerds.com/disney-world-attendance-by-day/

It’s important to consider that Disney World attendance by day varies significantly throughout the year.

What is the Disney World attendance by day? – The average daily attendance at Disney World is around 160,000 people visiting each day.

Magic Kingdom: 57,000 daily guests
   Animal Kingdom: 38,000 daily guests
   EPCOT: 34,000 daily guests
   Hollywood Studios: 31,000 daily guests

It's about $4.51 an attendee.

Divide that by three (two parents and one child) and it's 13.53 a day.  The small-ish numbers add up a lot, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see people gaming the system as hard as they can and some just dumping 60-100 bucks a day to fastlane everyhthing for their once in a lifetime trip.

It's no wonder disney corp doesn't care how hateful they make the fastpass/genie+/lightning lane system. Just so long as their intended marks keep using the system, they won't care.

----------------------------------

https://thatparkplace.com/leaked-disney-plus-financial-data-reveals-troubling-statistics-on-revenues-per-subscriber/

Leaked Disney Plus Financial Data Reveals Troubling Statistics on Revenues Per Subscriber
September 5, 2024  ·     WDW Pro

The following article uses data from respected news sources on the web. However, the data ultimately comes from an alleged breach of Disney security. That Park Place never condones illicit and unethical obtainment of corporate data and does not report on such findings until and unless other news sources make it readily available in the public.

The Walt Disney Company has spent tremendous resources on building up the Disney Plus streaming platform into its flagship dissemination tool for nearly all its media. It has sacrificed the Disney Channel for it (though it still remains as a vestigial offering on American cable plans). It has destroyed the secondary market of Blu-Rays and DVDs so that Disney Plus gets all the goods. To a large extent, it has damaged the box office with customers often waiting until they can get it “for free” when it comes to streaming. And yet for all that effort, a new data dump reveals the return on investment for Disney is shockingly bad.

To explain why these numbers are so bad, we need to examine how many Disney Plus subscribers are currently enjoying the service. Our good friends at Statista have that pegged at 153.8 million accounts. So… for an entire quarter, 153.8 million accounts generated $2.4 billion in revenues. Let’s do some more simple math.

For that quarter then, each account generated a total of $15.63 in revenue (on average). It’s easy to determine that simply by dividing the total amount of revenue by the total number of accounts. However, that’s not the full story. For you see, a quarter is three months of time. And Disney Plus accounts pay mostly by-the-month. So how much did they generate in revenue per month instead of by quarter? The answer there is $5.21. So why is that a huge problem?

Well, the lowest subscription plan in the United States to have Disney Plus in your household is going to cost $7.99. It only goes up from there. And accounts paying $7.99 have to watch advertisements. Those ads should be adding to Disney’s revenues for their “flagship” streaming service. Yet the revenues globally per account are on $5.21… far less than the cheapest accounts.

This indicates that globally, Disney is taking in miniscule numbers in order to drag that revenue total down to such a degree. The alternative is that, perhaps, Disney is generating far less money than even the lowest subscription plan costs because many of those accounts are perhaps tied into promotions and third party sharing.

That ... is ugly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#40]
https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/disney-data-leaks-show-disney-made-almost-3-4-of-a-billion-on-the-genie-add-on-service-streaming-data-and-more/

Disney Data Leaks Show Disney Made Almost 3/4 of a Billion On The Genie+ Add On Service, Streaming Data, and More

This past summer, Nullbulge hacked Disney’s internal Slack, leaking over 1 TB of data. The data contained information about revenue from Disney+, ESPN+, and Genie+, login credentials for the cloud, more than 44 million internal Slack messages, 13,000 PDFs, and more than 18,800 spreadsheets.

It is unclear if Nullbulge is a group of hackers or an individual, but they claim they accessed the information via an “inside man.”

Between the Genie+ launch in October 2021 and June 2024, Disney made more than $724 million in revenue from the free FastPass+ replacement, which is almost three-quarters of a billion dollars.

Genie+ replaced the free FastPass+ service. Instead of all guests getting the three-line saving passes with their entry fee, Disney decided to charge guests for the same thing and even started charging an optional fee per person for some high-demand attractions. It has apparently been quite lucrative.

Some even argue that the Disability Access Pass (DAS) is being changed because Disney wants to force even more revenue for Genie+. While many people with disabilities are being denied, Disney’s suggestion has reportedly been to buy Genie+.

Disney recently changed the name from Genie+ to simply “Lightning Lane” but it is the same service.

724 million off genie+ in only walt disney world over ~33 months. That's  21,939,393.9 million a month. Estimated 1,003 days in that period of time, so the average is 721,834.49 extracted from park goers a day.

It’s important to consider that Disney World attendance by day varies significantly throughout the year.

What is the Disney World attendance by day? – The average daily attendance at Disney World is around 160,000 people visiting each day.

Divide that by three (two parents and one child) and it's 13.53 a day.  The small-ish numbers add up a lot, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see people gaming the system as hard as they can and some just dumping 60-100 bucks a day to fastlane everyhthing for their once in a lifetime trip.

It's no wonder disney corp doesn't care how hateful they make the fastpass/genie+/lightning lane system. Just so long as their intended marks keep using the system, they won't care.

https://i.imgflip.com/sw12o.jpg

https://thatparkplace.com/leaked-disney-plus-financial-data-reveals-troubling-statistics-on-revenues-per-subscriber/

Leaked Disney Plus Financial Data Reveals Troubling Statistics on Revenues Per Subscriber

The following article uses data from respected news sources on the web. However, the data ultimately comes from an alleged breach of Disney security. That Park Place never condones illicit and unethical obtainment of corporate data and does not report on such findings until and unless other news sources make it readily available in the public.

The Walt Disney Company has spent tremendous resources on building up the Disney Plus streaming platform into its flagship dissemination tool for nearly all its media. It has sacrificed the Disney Channel for it (though it still remains as a vestigial offering on American cable plans). It has destroyed the secondary market of Blu-Rays and DVDs so that Disney Plus gets all the goods. To a large extent, it has damaged the box office with customers often waiting until they can get it “for free” when it comes to streaming. And yet for all that effort, a new data dump reveals the return on investment for Disney is shockingly bad.

To explain why these numbers are so bad, we need to examine how many Disney Plus subscribers are currently enjoying the service. Our good friends at Statista have that pegged at 153.8 million accounts. So… for an entire quarter, 153.8 million accounts generated $2.4 billion in revenues. Let’s do some more simple math.

For that quarter then, each account generated a total of $15.63 in revenue (on average). It’s easy to determine that simply by dividing the total amount of revenue by the total number of accounts. However, that’s not the full story. For you see, a quarter is three months of time. And Disney Plus accounts pay mostly by-the-month. So how much did they generate in revenue per month instead of by quarter? The answer there is $5.21. So why is that a huge problem?

Well, the lowest subscription plan in the United States to have Disney Plus in your household is going to cost $7.99. It only goes up from there. And accounts paying $7.99 have to watch advertisements. Those ads should be adding to Disney’s revenues for their “flagship” streaming service. Yet the revenues globally per account are on $5.21… far less than the cheapest accounts.

This indicates that globally, Disney is taking in miniscule numbers in order to drag that revenue total down to such a degree. The alternative is that, perhaps, Disney is generating far less money than even the lowest subscription plan costs because many of those accounts are perhaps tied into promotions and third party sharing.

That ... is ugly.
View Quote

Amazing that with "disney adults" and people who basically won't quit disney (like a drug), they still have this going on
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

Amazing that with "disney adults" and people who basically won't quit disney (like a drug), they still have this going on
View All Quotes

That ... is ugly.

I've heard speculation from people who are far more involved with this stuff that WDW might be something like 70% of their income.

It's wild.

I think everyone in florida knows at least one person/family that vacations yearly at WDW.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#42]

I've heard speculation from people who are far more involved with this stuff that WDW might be something like 70% of their income.

It's wild.

I think everyone in florida knows at least one person/family that vacations yearly at WDW.
View All Quotes

That ... is ugly.

It's wild.

My coworker despises the trans movement and DEI nonsense, but yet multiple times a year, she vacations at WDW with her children and grandchildren. When I pointed out the contradiction, she just shrugged her shoulders and said “but I love it and so do the kids!”

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#44]

My coworker despises the trans movement and DEI nonsense, but yet multiple times a year, she vacations at WDW with her children and grandchildren. When I pointed out the contradiction, she just shrugged her shoulders and said “but I love it and so do the kids!”

View All Quotes

That ... is ugly.

It's wild.

If the topic comes up again and you want to say something, you might point out to her that her money that she's giving them is being in part used to chemically castrate and surgically mutilate disney employees and their children.

Here, so you don't have to dig through the OP to find it:

https://nb.fidelity.com/public/consultingportal/disneyportal/file_view.php?file_name=QA_Gender%20Affirmation%20Coverage_Revised%205192021.pdf

Disney's Gender Affirmation Coverage Q&A

Gender Affirmation Coverage under Cigna Medical Plan Options Do the Cigna Medical Plan options cover Gender Affirmation procedures and services (transgender, gender transition)?

Yes. Coverage for Gender Affirmation/Transition procedures and services based on medical necessity (as defined by your doctor and medical team) is covered under the Cigna medical plan options.

What procedures and services are covered under Disney's Gender Affirmation Coverage?

The Gender Affirmation Coverage applies to two populations. For adults (age 18 and over), covered procedures and services include breast augmentation/reduction, chest contouring, hair removal/transplantation, facial feminization surgery, genital implant or prosthesis, rhinoplasty, trachea shave/reduction, and vocal surgery/speech therapy. For adolescents (younger than age 18), coverage may include puberty-suppressing hormones, for those who have reached a certain stage of sexual development, under direction of an experienced pediatric endocrinologist.

Gender Affirmation Coverage under Kaiser

And they knew they had to hide it:

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/16/walt-disney-company-annual-shareholder-meeting-vote-transgender-coverage-payment-political-donations/

Disney Board Wants To Hide Political Donations, Spending On Sex Changes From Shareholders, Docs Reveal

The 2024 proxy vote ballot for Disney's annual shareholder meeting, scheduled for April 2, reveals the board doesn't want the public, or even their own shareholders, to know how much Disney spends on "gender transition compensation and benefits" for its staff. Despite the board's suggested vote to shareholders, the National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC) and National Center for Public Policy Research (NCPPR) are urging the company to release the data.

In Disney's 2024 "Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders and Proxy Statement," Disney details how the NLPC and NCPPR notified the company that they intend to present proposals focused on these issues. Within the same document, Disney "affirms" that people who suffer from gender dysphoria can "transition to a different sex."
Similarly, Disney doesn't want shareholders to approve the publication of the company's charitable and political donations. The board recommends a vote against "requesting a report on political expenditures" and "publication of recipients of charitable contributions."

In their recommendation, NCPPR argued that there are "issues" with donating to certain groups who support sex-change surgeries, not just for the potential legal and medical issues listed above, but because is it "time Disney stop injecting itself into controversial and significant social policy issues," the proposal stated.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#45]
The Disney World Attendance CRASH Is Epic: September Crowds So LOW the Posted Wait Times Are Broken!

Legend: red is long wait times. Green is short wait times. Length of line indicates length of wait time.

TL:DW - wait times are around 24 minutes.

BUT - wait times can never be zero. They have to count the time it takes you to walk through an empty queue to get to the ride itself (and maybe the cycle time of the ride for you to get on).

Effectively, WDW right now is walk on for everything.  WDW is reportedly 1/3 of the company's revenue flow.

And disney is ... adding ANOTHER tier to the smartphone hell app to allow people to buy quicker entry to rides.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I mentioned previously Hasbro products were not doing good with Marvel and Star Wars. A rumor is going around Hasbro wants out of the license for Star Wars.

Star wars Rumor zone
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Marcus Leshock@marcusleshock          Jun 10
The last few times I have been to Disney World, I have noticed the wait times in the standby lines take far less time than the posted times. For example…

Yesterday, Frozen had a posted 55min wait. Only took 24min.

Today, Haunted Mansion had a posted 30min wait. Only took 9min to get to the Doom Buggy.

Something to think about if that standby wait time looks intimidating .. it might not take that long!

Reportedly - Disney: 'times should not be used to judge the value of your purchase' - or something that means that. What' s the purchase mentioned? Spend money to get on the ride faster. Oh hey, here's the current wait times! *coughlookabove*

Sleazy lawyers won't let us say there are four lights.  But everyone can see how many lights there are.

Are Lightning Lanes a SCAM at Walt Disney World? Wrong Wait Times, Surprising Legal Language & MORE!

Why run everything at capacity?

Why add another gate?

Why allow disabled quick entry if that cuts into sales?

Why build new rides if that would shorten lines?

"Make your guests uncomfortable and than charge them to access the fix for the misery."
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 4:42:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#48]
Originally Posted By Bunnysriflestock:
I mentioned previously Hasbro products were not doing good with Marvel and Star Wars. A rumor is going around Hasbro wants out of the license for Star Wars.

Star wars Rumor zone
View Quote

The kenner toys made a MINT for everyone involved on the original 3 movies.

Just surreal to watch them strangle the golden goose to death.

ETA:

From your link

And I want to add an observation: all the recent toy reveals are fan channel / Amazon / Pulse releases. What they are NOT are Walmart or Target releases. In short: both retailers won’t carry the toys. At all.

In fact, when was the last time Hasbro revealed a slew of new figures… and none of them were Walmart or Target exclusives? There are still some, a few, but the number of exclusives has greatly declined. And while you may at first think “great” this is bad news for Hasbro. Because if a retailer believes in a brand they will ask for exclusives. If they no longer want exclusives this is bad news. It means they are losing faith in it, even as a loss leader.

OUCH.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Meh, plenty of disney cucks to keep the pedo train rolling.

A bunch of them post here.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 5:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tallahasseezz] [#50]
When I went with my kids they still had the machines to print the fastpass with the time to come back.  I had to run around the park with their passes to manage it. My Daughter wants to go back one last time, but I'm not feeling it with all the woke and money sucking strategies.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top