BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a GOOD California King mattress and a marriage therapist.  They're 6' x 7' , and if you both can't fit on there with tons of room to spare, try to pick up some old Richard Simmons videos and workout a little.
View Quote

Poor and short people disgust me, but I'm not sure which disgusts me more.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
No way. I love having her close, and she loves having me close. It's nice to be able to roll over and give her body a gentle caress....

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
No. We're not the Flintstones.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I also highly suggest box fans for you light sleepers.  Once you go pink or brown you never go back.  

My mom constantly complains of waking up several times a night but refuses to try a box fan.  I had to spend the night there recently and the term *deafening silence* is a thing for a reason.  Even when there wasn't a click of the AC cutting on or the ice maker in the fridge rumbling or the sound of a car driving down the street it was like my brain couldn't NOT focus on how quiet it was instead of shutting off and letting me sleep.  

I don't see how you people live like that.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#6]
We have slept in separate beds for probably the past 15 years. I am a snorer and she is a light sleeper.   She is a twitcher with rls, sleeps like Peg Bundy and will literally knee me in the back all night. Our sleep is so much better since we moved to separate beds. I know a lot of couples who sleep in separate beds for good sleep health.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I snore,...so.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I have insomnia and am up until 2-4 in the morning. To get any sleep she sleeps in another room. After being married for 43 years this is the way life is.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#10]
We sleep in separate chairs

I have bad hips and a bad back.  I found that I can sleep relatively well in a recliner cause of how it bends my legs and back when it is reclined.  My wife sleeps in the other one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I also highly suggest box fans for you light sleepers.  Once you go pink or brown you never go back.  

My mom constantly complains of waking up several times a night but refuses to try a box fan.  I had to spend the night there recently and the term *deafening silence* is a thing for a reason.  Even when there wasn't a click of the AC cutting on or the ice maker in the fridge rumbling or the sound of a car driving down the street it was like my brain couldn't NOT focus on how quiet it was instead of shutting off and letting me sleep.  

View Quote

Agreed.  

I can't sleep without a monotonous drone in the background.  When I travel I use a noise app on my phone.  Silence is awful.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#12]
F that Bud.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#13]
We did for a couple years until I got a CPAP.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Agreed.  

I can't sleep without a monotonous drone in the background.  When I travel I use a noise app on my phone.  Silence is awful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  

I didn’t used to need white noise, but after years of my husband sleeping with the fan on, it’s harder to fall asleep without. Not impossible, but harder.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I used the ocean, distant thunder, and rainstorm sleep sounds for the past few years when my wife is out of the house.
My current favorite is creaking ship.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Firstly, there is no turmoil in my marriage. We were talking tonight about how folks used to sleep in separate beds. We casually tossed the idea around because we both like to stretch out. We are already practicing this once a week where she sleeps in the bed and I sleep on our incredibly comfortable couch (Not lying. I've preferred couches over beds for years).

Anybody else sleep separately from their spouse?
View Quote

Hide the Pain
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife and I sleep on a split, sleep number bed.  She keeps her half at 35 and I keep mine at 80.  We have our own sheets and blankets, so we don't fight over them all night.  We both sleep like lambs.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In the history of monogamy, there have been zero healthy relationships that involve sleeping on separate furniture, let alone in separate rooms.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Sleep how you want and what works best for the both of you. Sometimes sleeping in the same bed just doesn't work for work or health reasons.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Firm believer in separate beds in the same room. It's the more common arrangement everywhere but here anyway.

If you've got the space, it just works out better.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#21]
King sized bed, petite wife, zero clothes.

Gargantuan enjoyment.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Same bed. Separate mattresses now, for a while.
King size with independent raise and lower feature.
My side is firmer too. I'm bulky. She's petite.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I’d like to create a system in which 2 separate beds/mattresses are on rails or tracks.  

The mattresses can be pushed together for doing the sex, then when it’s time to sleep I can shove off.

View Quote

That sounds like a hooker
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In the history of monogamy, there have been zero healthy relationships that involve sleeping on separate furniture, let alone in separate rooms.
View Quote

Ward and June Cleaver would disagree.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Sometimes my 3 year old comes and climbs in bed with us then the wife sleeps in the 3yo's bed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's awesome,  me and my ex wife loved it.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Hard for me to recall, but when we had a king bed - I think there was plenty of room for the 2 of us, and 2 medium sized dogs.  Add to that, I was away at work about 3-4 nights a week.  But it lacked all inclemency - you simply never got close to touching while laying in bed - so we downsized to a queen.  Net effect, the dogs got kicked out of the bed, but no real increase in intimacy.  When I started getting Covid symptoms, I moved to the far side of the house.  It had a full sized bed.  My wife stopped cleaning the top of the queen (it became a giant laundry pile) and she followed me to the full sized bed.  But the surprising thing, I don't have nearly as bad of allergies in that bedroom (it is off limits to cats and laundry).  My snoring when away.  Hers started.  Physically there is no room for a dog on the bed - unless one of us is out of town.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Weird being so rigid to not see both sides.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a fucking dumb and untrue statement.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I just got married, so not coming from experience, but neither me nor mine are going to be sleeping on the couch. We love our bed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just got married, so not coming from experience, but neither me nor mine are going to be sleeping on the couch. We love our bed.
View Quote

Not saying they will for you, but things change. My wife and I slept on a twin mattress for the first year we lived together, and I am not a small guy. It was the most normal thing in the world at the time. Upgrading to a full seemed positively decadent.

35 years later, our relationship is apparently unhealthy because we're not in the same bed every night, LOL.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Been married 32 years.  We’ve slept in separate beds and rooms for over 20 years.  Don’t have to listen to each other’s snoring, temperature preference, TV on or off, etc.  We don’t love each other any less, we just preferred to SLEEP differently.
View Quote

Same here and pure survival. She runs an ED at night and I supervise psych units opposite her schedule. Separate rooms it is. And I still tiptoe...
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#34]
We have twin beds right next to each other that they look like a king. We both have adjustable beds but she prefers to lay flat and I usually have my head elevated for comfort.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#35]
We sleep together, twisted up like a pretzel.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#36]
We KNEW we were going to sleep in different bedrooms when we retired. Our retirement place was built with that in mind. She's a night owl and I'm up at 4:30 every day. Her wing has a fireplace and my wing has the swimming pool. Married 47 years and it works for us. When it thunders she'l slip in bed with me. When it rains I'll make the trip. It's damn near 40 yards.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#37]
We always start in the same bed together.

If I'm snoring, she may move to the guest room

If it's one of those insomiatic nights, I'll go to another room to let her sleep.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Uh no.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#39]
My grandparents had multiple homes and separate rooms to sleep in every one of those homes.  It never seemed to affect their marriage at all.

My wife and I sleep in the same bed (30+ years now) but I suspect the actual quality of sleep might improve if we had separate sleeping rooms.  She snores.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#40]
We sleep together. Most times there’s a dog up there with us.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
Been married 32 years.  We’ve slept in separate beds and rooms for over 20 years.  Don’t have to listen to each other’s snoring, temperature preference, TV on or off, etc.  We don’t love each other any less, we just preferred to SLEEP differently.
View Quote

There goes that theory.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Time for you to buy a king size bed. Don't sleep separate.  It matters. Unless one of you snores super loud and it keeps the other one from sleeping. That's about the only valid reason to risk it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#45]
If you sleep in a king size bed, you do.
Prove me wrong. ;-)
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes

She reads all night. I fall asleep.

She clicks off her light and wham. I am awake.

I am better off sleeping in the man cave.

Still do the nasty but can’t stand getting woke up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Sometimes I’ll spend a few weeks in our very comfortable guest room. We have a very happy marriage and communicate very openly and truthfully to each other. She likes to stay up late with the lights on watching shows on her iPad or TV, I like to go to bed early in complete cold and darkness with no noise/light.

No kids yet, hopefully we’ll have our first in 9-12 months.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://media.tenor.com/79CdhUDFdlcAAAAC/office-space-no-man.gif

I love sleeping next to my wife and I sleep poorly without her next to me. I definitely don’t understand this, in my opinion sharing a bed is part of the intimacy of marriage.

If you’re not into that, that’s fine, but I definitely find it bizarre.
View Quote

Wait till she cuts off the sex.  You will fell different.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#49]
@mudgunner1 my wife and I have slept in separate beds since we were dating. We are both light sleepers and I have a weird schedule with my job.

We’ve been together 11 years now, married for six and have a 3 year old. Sex still happens multiple times a week as long as the rid isn’t happening.

We built our master bedroom big enough for two queen beds. We love it, it’s been great for our marriage and our sex life. Sex happens more often when your spouse is well rested.

Who cares what other people think. If it’s good for your marriage, it doesn’t matter. It is good for ours.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#50]
HELL NO!

Been married for 46 years in June.

We still snuggle up close/tight when we go to bed.  We use right at half that queen sized bed.  She's sort of in the middle and I'm on one side.

Nothing like being able to reach over in the dark and feel that smooth soft skin.  I rub, feel, squeeze because I like the way it feels.  When I 'm done she still thanks me, after all these years.  Then I tell her I don't don't do it for her, I do it because I like the way she feels.

It would be miserable to sleep in separate beds.  She's in the tub now.  When she gets out she'll come over on my side of the couch and we'll snuggle up right here till it's time to go to bed in two or three hours.

Something wrong somewhere if you don't enjoy snuggling/rubbing.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top