Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2024 8:33:53 PM EDT
My Citizen Eco-Drive World Time A-T Men's Blue Dial Watch AT9070-51L seems to have lost it's mind.

Shows full charge, but the movement stops and it doesn't respond correctly to the A/B buttons.

I reset it and it worked for a couple days and then stopped.

Could this be a dying capacitor??

Is it worth getting repaired or should I just cut my losses, I only have 250 in it, bought it used in 2022 and it worked perfectly on my Europe trip in 2022.

I don't wear it much but I hate it when my stuff doesn't work.

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd send it in to the Citizen service center in Torrance, California and have them take a look at it.  I had an Eco-Drive world time perpetual calendar go all wonky like yours did a couple months ago.  It was a refurb so no warranty, I only had about $120 into it so I wasn't hoping for much.  After I had sent it in and a couple weeks went by, I called up the customer service line and asked what needed to be done.  They went ahead and replaced the movement and were boxing it up to send back to me, so that was cool.

That said, I've also paid for service, which I thought was reasonable as well.  I had a pretty banged up Eco-Drive perpetual calendar that functioned fine, but the case, bezel and crystal were so hammered I didn't like wearing it.  They ended up replacing the titanium casing and crystal completely, function tested everything, and did a waterproof testing on it before sending it back, that was about $200 all told.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:23:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: G_S] [#2]

First thing I would do, is sit in it direct sunlight for a few days. To make sure it has a full charge on it.
Then I would call Citizen
1-800-321-1023

And have them walk you through doing a full factory reset.

If it does need to be repaired
I would reach out to

Craig Johnson at
CWS
CITIZEN WATCH REPAIR
450 Century Pkwy Suite 250
Allen Tx 75013

972-234-4900
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of old Eco-Drive work watches. I quit wearing them 5 years ago when I retired and threw them both in a drawer. I got them out last year and they were both deader than a doornail.

I sent this one to the Citizen service center in Texas and it got a new movement and a new crystal to the tune of about $150.

I set this one under a desk lamp for about two weeks.

They’re both running fine now. I’d try charging yours first.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
It had been sitting in sunlight and when I press the B button to check charge it shows full on the gauge.

I have done the full reset, but I may give it one more try.

I'll plan to send it off to Citizen for an estimate.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G-lock:
It had been sitting in sunlight and when I press the B button to check charge it shows full on the gauge.

I have done the full reset, but I may give it one more try.

I'll plan to send it off to Citizen for an estimate.
View Quote

Call that 1-800 nunber I posted and they will talk you through the BIG one

If they give you a hard time drop me a PM

Link Posted: 8/12/2024 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G_S:

First thing I would do, is sit in it direct sunlight for a few days. To make sure it has a full charge on it.
Then I would call Citizen
1-800-321-1023

And have them walk you through doing a full factory reset.

If it does need to be repaired
I would reach out to

Craig Johnson at
CWS
CITIZEN WATCH REPAIR
450 Century Pkwy Suite 250
Allen Tx 75013

972-234-4900
[email protected]
View Quote

I couldn't get it to respond to a reset.  I'm pretty sure the capacitor is pooched.  I have to send it to CA as their website says TX can't service the Atomic Time Keeping watches which I believe this is.  I'll sending it off in the next couple of days.
Top Top