BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did the United States Army rout those hippies?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
GD begged for them to get hickory shampoos at best.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bonus Army
Trail of Tears
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Ludlow, CO.

The Ludlow massacre.

National guard machine gunned a tent colony of miners and their families on 4-20-1914.  Killing men, women and children.

MLG
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the civil war
View Quote
The RevolutionaryWar
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
My initials aren't GD.

Thanks  

Now.
IF the police routed them, that wouldn't be an example of US Government tyranny.
It MIGHT be an example of state or municipality tyranny.
But that's another thread.

Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Only skimmed the thread, so might have missed if this was posted:

The Chemist's War
https://slate.com/technology/2010/02/the-little-told-story-of-how-the-u-s-government-poisoned-alcohol-during-prohibition.html

It was Christmas Eve 1926, the streets aglitter with snow and lights, when the man afraid of Santa Claus stumbled into the emergency room at New York City’s Bellevue Hospital. He was flushed, gasping with fear: Santa Claus, he kept telling the nurses, was just behind him, wielding a baseball bat.

Before hospital staff realized how sick he was—the alcohol-induced hallucination was just a symptom—the man died. So did another holiday partygoer. And another. As dusk fell on Christmas, the hospital staff tallied up more than 60 people made desperately ill by alcohol and eight dead from it. Within the next two days, yet another 23 people died in the city from celebrating the season.

Doctors were accustomed to alcohol poisoning by then, the routine of life in the Prohibition era. The bootlegged whiskies and so-called gins often made people sick. The liquor produced in hidden stills frequently came tainted with metals and other impurities. But this outbreak was bizarrely different. The deaths, as investigators would shortly realize, came courtesy of the U.S. government.

Frustrated that people continued to consume so much alcohol even after it was banned, federal officials had decided to try a different kind of enforcement. They ordered the poisoning of industrial alcohols manufactured in the United States, products regularly stolen by bootleggers and resold as drinkable spirits. The idea was to scare people into giving up illicit drinking. Instead, by the time Prohibition ended in 1933, the federal poisoning program, by some estimates, had killed at least 10,000 people.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My initials aren't GD.

Thanks  

Now.
IF the police routed them, that wouldn't be an example of US Government tyranny.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My initials aren't GD.

Thanks  

Now.

I’ll grant you +1 internet for consistency.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only skimmed the thread, so might have missed if this was posted:

The Chemist's War
https://slate.com/technology/2010/02/the-little-told-story-of-how-the-u-s-government-poisoned-alcohol-during-prohibition.html

It was Christmas Eve 1926, the streets aglitter with snow and lights, when the man afraid of Santa Claus stumbled into the emergency room at New York City’s Bellevue Hospital. He was flushed, gasping with fear: Santa Claus, he kept telling the nurses, was just behind him, wielding a baseball bat.

Before hospital staff realized how sick he was—the alcohol-induced hallucination was just a symptom—the man died. So did another holiday partygoer. And another. As dusk fell on Christmas, the hospital staff tallied up more than 60 people made desperately ill by alcohol and eight dead from it. Within the next two days, yet another 23 people died in the city from celebrating the season.

Doctors were accustomed to alcohol poisoning by then, the routine of life in the Prohibition era. The bootlegged whiskies and so-called gins often made people sick. The liquor produced in hidden stills frequently came tainted with metals and other impurities. But this outbreak was bizarrely different. The deaths, as investigators would shortly realize, came courtesy of the U.S. government.

Frustrated that people continued to consume so much alcohol even after it was banned, federal officials had decided to try a different kind of enforcement. They ordered the poisoning of industrial alcohols manufactured in the United States, products regularly stolen by bootleggers and resold as drinkable spirits. The idea was to scare people into giving up illicit drinking. Instead, by the time Prohibition ended in 1933, the federal poisoning program, by some estimates, had killed at least 10,000 people.
View Quote
That’s still a thing, criminals typically don’t try to sell it as potable alcohol now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Exactly. I'm shocked that more American citizens don't know about this. We must study history before we wind back up in the shit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Forced internment of Alaska Natives
Experimenting on Natives(diseases and radiation)
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Hangfire city.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One of the best, realistic, relatable example is the Battle of Athens in 1946
View Quote
Actually, the tyrannical part was solved with the Battle of Athens.

If I recall the story a bunch of WW2 vets came home and said: "We all just left our blood on foreign soil to end this kind of thing...it is not going to fly here at home."
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The question shouldn't be restrained to the US government going tyrannical on US citizens, it should include all governments going tyrannical on their citizens. We aren't immune, which is why we have a 2nd Amendment.
View Quote
Well put. The Founding Fathers knew that government is like a living entity. That is why they put stops in to retard it's growth.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't recall reading a time limit to peaceable assembly in the First Amendment.
View Quote
I'd think common sense would tell you that the right to peaceably assemble is not the same thing as the right to set up a permanent settlement on someone else's land.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They were allowed to peaceably assemble (by setting up a shanty town) for weeks. They petitioned their government, the Senate declined to pass their bill, then they were asked to leave. Congress even picked up the bill for sending them home if they agreed to go. Why is the fact that the Army was used to disperse them supposed to be bad?
View Quote
...He said while completely ignoring the central issue of government overreach. So if the gov makes modern day slavery legal, it must be okay because it went through the official channels, amirite? Per your logic, the citizens are wrong for trying to resist this effort to enslave the populace because due process was legally followed. Yeah, you're full of bullshit.

Further, using the commander of the Revolutionary Army can be seen as a huge moral bludgeon. Going against bad government is one thing. Going against fucking George Washington is another. Yeah, sure. You're going up against a war hero and liberator of the United States. Let's stick around for that, kk?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
What an idiot.

The army air corp dropped nerve agents on rioters.

The army rolled tanks through DC on the bonus March.

The national guard shot rioters.

We interred an entire race during WWII

And on and on and on.

ETA not Patton
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'd think common sense would tell you that the right to peaceably assemble is not the same thing as the right to set up a permanent settlement on someone else's land.
View Quote
Define permanent.

And "someone else's land".

In the case of the Bonus Army they were on public land.
Owned, in part, by the very people who were ejected from it and their belongings burned by the Army.

If it's an unorganized organic mob of folks, not a recognized "organization".
Do you have to vet due process individually?
If not, how do they choose who speaks for the "group"?
What is my recourse if I don't want that guy to represent me?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LA Riots - Zoot Suit Edition 1943
View Quote
My uncle was a sailor. Pretty sure he busted a Zoot Suiter head or two.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

...He said while completely ignoring the central issue of government overreach. So if the gov makes modern day slavery legal, it must be okay because it went through the official channels, amirite? Per your logic, the citizens are wrong for trying to resist this effort to enslave the populace because due process was legally followed. Yeah, you're full of bullshit.

Further, using the commander of the Revolutionary Army can be seen as a huge moral bludgeon. Going against bad government is one thing. Going against fucking George Washington is another. Yeah, sure. You're going up against a war hero and liberator of the United States. Let's stick around for that, kk?
View Quote
The central issue is that refusing to give people a handout and evicting squatters is not a government over reach. Cool screed though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#20]
WWII... Japanese internment camps.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Define permanent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Define permanent.
Of indefinite duration, if you prefer.

Quoted:

And "someone else's land".

In the case of the Bonus Army they were on public land.
Owned, in part, by the very people who were ejected from it and their belongings burned by the Army.
Some of their shanty towns were on public land, some were on private land. Either way, public land isn't 'do whatever you feel like' land. Evicting squatters is not tyranny.

Quoted:

f it's an unorganized organic mob of folks, not a recognized "organization".
Do you have to vet due process individually?
If not, how do they choose who speaks for the "group"?
What is my recourse if I don't want that guy to represent me?
Are we still talking about the Bonus Army?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are we still talking about the Bonus Army?
View Quote
No I wasn't - I circled back to the Occupy fags.
Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Using the interstate commerce clause as a blanket excuse to do whatever they feel like.

New Orleans after Katrina

Plenty of misuses of eminent domain to support the projects of their developer buddies
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#24]
The left’s current soft coup d'état.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A piece of paper makes it all ok?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ruby Ridge
Branch Davidians
Officers were serving warrants in both of those cases.
A piece of paper makes it all ok?
Think the government can whip up any more paper?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#26]
April 15th
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Debating my high school government teacher - he says there aren't any examples of the US government committing acts that would allow any reasonable person to expect that we would ever need to defend ourselves with ar15s.

Here's what I've got so far -

Tulsa race riot massacre
Forced sterilization of Native American women
Forced internment off Japanese Americans during WWII.

What else?
View Quote
Sorry, but your high school government teacher is an ignorant one if he doesn't think the U.S. Government has acted on it's own people.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Trump Impeachment Inquiry
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#31]
"he says there aren't any examples of the US government committing acts that would allow any reasonable person to expect that we would ever need to defend ourselves with ar15s"

How many times has the Govt held off going tyrannical due to the amount of AR15's in the citizens hands? I'd say at least 200 times with in the last 25 years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Robert O'Rourke
Dianne Feinstein
Safe Act
Just to point at a few glaring recent samples.

There's tens of thousands of examples of the .gov unconstitutionally forcing its way into the lives of the People and leaving with everything they're aren't stopped from depriving them of.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Battle of Athens GA
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone else wondering if the OP was trolling? He reponded to the first post then disappeared.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There is some background material needed about the Bonus Army.

We all know they were to be pay per diem for time in combat.  Since Pershing refused to penny packet out the American Army to reinforce the sagging Allies, he did make one concession and let the 24/25th Infantry and 9/10th Cav. and other black troops (including the Harlem Hellcats) fight first.  Thus it came to be that the black veterans would get the most bonus since they fought the longest.

Southern politicians could not have a sudden well-to-do Black merchant class.  So, to keep the social order, they passed a law to delay the payment of bonuses until 1940,  By that time, the vets (of all colors) would be middle aged and could not use it for a business start up.  It affected all vets.

So when the Great Depression hit, everybody need money and hence the Bonus Army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to play devil's advocate in regards to Bonus Army.

Weren't they just veterans demanding that they be paid benefits a lot earlier than they were promised? How was their claim legitimate?

If the Bonus Army happened today, I would think 99% of ARFCom would just dismiss them as "Free shit army". Now to be fair, you can't really apply the logic that these veterans "knew what they were signing up for"... because a lot of them were likely drafted.... only to fight in a bullshit war that amounted to nothing more than a bullshit extended family dispute. So that is definitely a valid counter point.

So honestly, I dont know what to think about it. I just know that ARFcom tends to have a very dim view of people demanding money from the government... which is essentially what they were.

Also, there were only two fatalities,... and it was police who fired the fatal shots... NOT MacArthur's army.

We all know they were to be pay per diem for time in combat.  Since Pershing refused to penny packet out the American Army to reinforce the sagging Allies, he did make one concession and let the 24/25th Infantry and 9/10th Cav. and other black troops (including the Harlem Hellcats) fight first.  Thus it came to be that the black veterans would get the most bonus since they fought the longest.

Southern politicians could not have a sudden well-to-do Black merchant class.  So, to keep the social order, they passed a law to delay the payment of bonuses until 1940,  By that time, the vets (of all colors) would be middle aged and could not use it for a business start up.  It affected all vets.

So when the Great Depression hit, everybody need money and hence the Bonus Army.
Ahhh... so it was the government that went back on their promise and delayed payments they promised.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Regardless of the precepts of the disagreement, they were peaceably assembling (see First Amendment), and were routed by the Army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to play devil's advocate in regards to Bonus Army.

Weren't they just veterans demanding that they be paid benefits a lot earlier than they were promised? How was their claim legitimate?

If the Bonus Army happened today, I would think 99% of ARFCom would just dismiss them as "Free shit army". Now to be fair, you can't really apply the logic that these veterans "knew what they were signing up for"... because a lot of them were likely drafted.... only to fight in a bullshit war that amounted to nothing more than a bullshit extended family dispute. So that is definitely a valid counter point.

So honestly, I dont know what to think about it. I just know that ARFcom tends to have a very dim view of people demanding money from the government... which is essentially what they were.

Also, there were only two fatalities,... and it was police who fired the fatal shots... NOT MacArthur's army.

Regardless of the precepts of the disagreement, they were peaceably assembling (see First Amendment), and were routed by the Army.
Well, they *WERE* squatting. They were simply being forcibly removed from property they did not have a right to be living on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Just look at that time limit, I am sure the court can see it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall reading a time limit to peaceable assembly in the First Amendment.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Just look at that time limit, I am sure the court can see it
I would argue that the assembly of semi-permanent living structures was probably not what the founders intended. There is a definite difference between SQUATTING and Peaceable assembly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Appreciate you starting this thread, I will be taking notes on incidents mentioned that I have not heard of before.

I would make a nice list of incidents mentioned in here.  Might break em down by decade or not.

I would also turn the question around on your teacher.  There are a few ways to do it though.

Might ask what government disarmed tax paying peons and then did not overstep its bounderies.

Might ask about long running governments though, not sure if any short term governments did alright.

Might ask if any beat venezuela on its 12 year drop into hell.

Folks in here should have better way to ask the question.

Might also make the teacher define human depending no how this goes.  African tribes fought each other and used the losers as slaves.  Sold em as slaves.  Hitler felt jews and others were sub human.

I mean, why is teacher wanting to just go with this country and government?  Is he feeling like it is not fucked up yet?

I personally still like asking gun grabbers if they remember the standard cartoon of the bobby in england with his little baton.  England did not need guns.  Go run a search on today's police over there.  They got guns now.  Gee, how progressive.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
GD is pretty sure they should be shot on site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like it.

I don't recall them shooting anyone.
GD is pretty sure they should be shot on site.
then again, some in GD are better at critical thinking than others.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Debating my high school government teacher - he says there aren't any examples of the US government committing acts that would allow any reasonable person to expect that we would ever need to defend ourselves with ar15s.

Here's what I've got so far -

Tulsa race riot massacre
Forced sterilization of Native American women
Forced internment off Japanese Americans during WWII.

What else?
View Quote
Start with:
Do you know what a Constitutional Republic is?
Do you know what 'infringe' means?

Move on to:
Why are you concerned with AR15s instead of the fact that our government has violated its governing document?

Watch head explode ;)
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Macho Grande.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:56:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Macho Grande.
View Quote
I’ll never get over macho grande
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 2:56:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Whiskey rebellion
Demrat KKK
War of northern aggression
Jim crow
The draft
Literally every internal action since the end of ww2
Lets see....unlimited spying 9n every citizen for last 20 years...

Ur prof is a Marxist fuck and lying to u
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 3:46:54 AM EDT
[#46]
James Comey,  Robert Mueller,  Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, John Brennan and Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
One of the best, realistic, relatable example is the Battle of Athens in 1946
View Quote
This.

It can be argued, that the same situation exists at the state level currently, in too many states.
Voter turnouts in excess of 100% ring a bell?

Democrat Govt. appointees invalidating ballots?

The only recourse is a fractured, corrupt, and intentionally punitive drawn out process that checks all the lawyers boxes, so it is pervasive in every large City, and results in controlling whole states, even when the pukes are caught red handed.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/23/southfield-clerk-sherikia-hawkins-election/2419363001/

If the moron is too stupid, and too much of an ideologue to see the ultimate utility of the 2A, he needs to be working the fryer at the local truck stop...and kept far away from teaching a goddamned thing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:34:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A government and/or history teacher knows better; they're simply lying.   Arguing with commies is pointless.
View Quote
I had a history teacher ague with me, in Jr. High, that Nazi Germany was evil and the U.S. federal government was good and trustworthy. My position was that the USFG had done everything that Nazi Germany had done, at one time or another.
Every day for the next couple of weeks, we would study in class about another Nazi atrocity. I would go home that night and find a corresponding atrocity committed by the US Federal Government.
Usually it involved Native Americans, African Americans, or Chinese workers.

At the end of the semester, I got a D in the class, even though I tested B average on my tests.

I had fellow students thank me for exposing them to things they would not know otherwise. That is why it is not pointless.
Education, not indoctrination.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Sand Creek massacre
Wounded Knee massacre
Indian removal act
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wow

Ain’t that some shit.
View All Quotes
Miners with a MG. 'Merica

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top