Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/26/2024 8:44:07 AM EDT
Fact Check: Biden Claims He Was ‘Appointed’ to Naval Academy, Roger Staubach Prevented Him from Attending

CLAIM: President Joe Biden claimed during a commencement speech at the United States Military Academy West Point that he turned down an offer to play football at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.

VERDICT: False.

Biden has previously told different versions of this claim to graduates at the U.S. Naval Academy and the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado.

In his claim, Biden says he applied to the Naval Academy in order to play football. He was appointed to the Naval Academy by former Delaware Sen. J. Caleb Boggs (R) in 1965. However, the president graduated from the University of Delaware in 1965, which makes it unlikely he would have applied to attend the Naval Academy then.

Biden continues to claim that he turned down the offer after finding out that NFL Heisman Trophy winners Joe Bellino and Staubach were playing on the U.S. Naval Academy football team then.

Another issue with this claim is that Staubach graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1964, while Bellino graduated in 1961, Fox News reported.

“I was one of ten. I wanted to play football,” Biden told the graduates. “And, the day that I was supposed to go down for the interview, a classmate of mine who was also one of the ten appointed to be chosen from, named Steve Dunning, came to pick me up.”

Biden continued: “I found out two days earlier, they had a quarterback named Roger Staubach and a halfback named Joe Bellino. I said, ‘Oh, I’m not going there,’ I went to Delaware. Not a joke.”

During high school, Biden played football for Archmere Academy in Claymont, Delaware, and graduated from the Catholic college preparatory school in 1961.

Yahoo Sports reported:

Biden would go on to become one of the state’s best players his senior year. Over the course of eight games, he’d score 10 touchdowns, and his 60 points on the season ranked third overall in the state of Delaware.

Along with claiming he was appointed to the Naval Academy, Biden has claimed that he used to drive an 18-wheeler, that he was arrested during the civil rights movement, and that he was the first member of his family to attend college.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#1]
and about HALF the U.S. population will STILL vote for that lying sack of shit come November
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Did he tell about that time Beau was kilt raising the flag on Iwo?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
and about HALF the U.S. population will STILL vote for that lying sack of shit come November
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]
What mental midget would keep repeating a story after it has been confirmed to be a fucking lie?  Pedopeter is quite the narcissist as he turns everything into a brag story about himself.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Confabulation is the spontaneous production of false memories. Confabulation typically occurs due to brain damage or health conditions that affect the brain, such as dementia.

People who experience confabulation may create memories of events that have never happened. Confabulation can be a symptomatic manifestation of dementia.

The false memories that people may create can vary from mundane activities, such as remembering having a steak for lunch when in reality it was soup, to more elaborate or eccentric memories, such as that of being a pirate or a king.
View Quote

link
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#6]
He just makes up a bullshit story for whatever crowd he happens to be addressing.

If he was talking to the International Association Of Ass Cancer Survivors, he'd tell them about how he miraculously survived ass cancer.  Habitual fucking liar.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Love that guy
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What mental midget would keep repeating a story after it has been confirmed to be a fucking lie?  Pedopeter is quite the narcissist as he turns everything into a brag story about himself.
View Quote

it's literally a symptom of dementia
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#9]
He's always been a lying sack of crap but his "dementia" has added a new twist to visions of his own greatness. And yet....I know people who think he's a "great" president, idiots.

FJB
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Must be all that TBI from high school football that's caused him to lie for the last fifty years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#12]
He lies constantly.  Why anyone believes him is honestly beyond me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

link
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Confabulation is the spontaneous production of false memories. Confabulation typically occurs due to brain damage or health conditions that affect the brain, such as dementia.

People who experience confabulation may create memories of events that have never happened. Confabulation can be a symptomatic manifestation of dementia.

The false memories that people may create can vary from mundane activities, such as remembering having a steak for lunch when in reality it was soup, to more elaborate or eccentric memories, such as that of being a pirate or a king.

link

It's more of a former condition of pathology, modified by his current medical condition.

He's been a pathological, bullying lying asshole his whole political career.
Just, with the Alzheimer's, it has no boundaries or constraints. He doesn't have the ability to make it sound plausible now, so he just rambles on.

In other words, he didn't just start doing this. He's always done this. Just not as audaciously (and he is subjected to more scrutiny by his position of authority as well).
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is true, half or more of the country are true believers in communist ideology or just do not give a damn. They are perfectly content while the USA is being destroyed from within.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#15]
President Reagan did "senile old coot" with so much more class and style.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Biden is not trying to fool everybody.

He is trying to fool the people who believe anything they are told.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#17]
He's like that fat dude on the Twilight Zone, telling tall tales to aliens.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Fact Check. Everything FJRB JR has uttered in the last 87 years is 99 87/100% fucking lies except the part about banning guns.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's more of a former condition of pathology, modified by his current medical condition.

Just, with the Alzheimer's, it has no boundaries or constraints. He doesn't have the ability to make it sound plausible now, so he just rambles on.

In other words, he didn't just start doing this. He's always done this. Just not as audaciously (and he is subjected to more scrutiny by his position of authority as well).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

link

It's due to his stutter
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#20]
He serves his father, The Father of All Lies, and gleefully does his bidding...there is no truth in him

John 8:44
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#21]
10 td would make you one of the best back then Delaware?

Lol there's kids scoring that in 2 games nowadays
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope he actually writes a memoir.

I want to know how he stopped WW1 by killing Hitler.

Was a member of the Manhattan Project and Oppenheimer was a bad dude.

How he desegregated the schools.

How he beat Ali and Frazier at the same time in LA during the King Riots.

That we was on the grassy knoll when Regan was shot.

Oh boy it’d be a fun read.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's due to his stutter
View Quote

Vaguely recalling...something that drove him to great heights?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#24]
They passed over him after his fight with Cornpop
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#25]
After being constantly rewarded for all his bullshit and lies = why should he stop?

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#26]
College football star, medical draft deferment
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wrong, its is a symptom of being a POS.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#28]
There are two aspects of his constant lies that should scare people.  

One is that the majority of media never corrects it so the majority of his voters think its all true.

Two he probably believes whatever spews from his mouth and he is currently in the WH with his finger on the button.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Can we keep an official list or would that crash the site taking up too many resources?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
College football star, medical draft deferment
View Quote

Dat asthma doh
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Fuck Joe Biden is absolutely perfect for the asswipes that vote for him.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#34]
So when he said as a young black boy he was the first to operate a toaster. We should not believe
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

wrong, its is a symptom of being a POS.
View Quote

This.  As another poster mentioned he was always a lying sack of shit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I suppose Roger also prevented him from serving in the military and getting a ‘conspicuous’ medal

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They passed over him after his fight with Cornpop
View Quote

... Not a joke.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
There are two aspects of his constant lies that should scare people.  

One is that the majority of media never corrects it so the majority of his voters think its all true.

Two he probably believes whatever spews from his mouth and he is currently in the WH with his finger on the button.

View Quote

This ,  back in 1988 , MSM hammered his ass and declared his national political days were over for lying .

Now ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#39]
He's a real Forrest Gump-type guy, ain't he.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He serves his father, The Father of All Lies, and gleefully does his bidding...there is no truth in him

John 8:44
View Quote

As bad as Joe is my ex wife makes Biden look trustworthy in comparison
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Remember, Joe doesn't lie.  He just tells stories to 'relate to people.'  Now, Trump exaggerating his inauguration crowd size, that's a lie.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because Joe Biden lies. That’s exactly what he does.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
10 td would make you one of the best back then Delaware?

Lol there's kids scoring that in 2 games nowadays
View Quote

Roschon Johnson scored 10 in one game in the playoffs for Port Neches-Groves HS in 2017.
https://www.panews.com/2017/11/18/indians-survive-behind-johnsons-10-tds/
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So when he said as a young black boy he was the first to operate a toaster. We should not believe
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Surprised he didn't weave his dead son Beau, who died gallantly on the field of battle, into the speech.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#46]
“I as appointed to the Naval Academy but this Navy Captain who used to fly F-14’s with my father before he died had my papers sidelined.  He didn’t tell me until years later when I was training for an attack on an enemy nuclear weapons production facility that it was my mom that asked him to.  It pushed my career back years.”
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

It works for him. He's been lying for decades, and his political career prospers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#48]
We currently live in a “post truth” society, where a democrat can literally make up and say anything with no fact checking, but if a republican so much as pronounces the word “potato” wrong it becomes a national scandal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#49]
If he said, "I was born a poor black child" the press wouldn't correct it and MSNBC would probably start calling him the 2nd black president.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

C'mon man, at least he knows who to honor a few days before Memorial Day!

Attachment Attached File

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top