Site Notices
Fallout Amazon series (Page 37 of 37)
Page / 37
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
One thing that has been bothering me.  Moldaver is the head of the NCR right?  Why did she bring raiders into Vault 33 to try and kill anyone instead of NCR troops?  Are NCR troops in the series basically raiders?
View Quote

Not the whole NCR, just the outpost at the observatory.

The Vault 33 raid was just her fanaticism showing…she was fully aware that everyone in that Vault except Hank was innocent but sicced Raiders on them anyway because “the ends justify the means”.

She brought two types of people to the raid…the raider crew she ultimately betrayed, and a small group of NCR soldiers she kept with her that rounded up hostages to compel Hank’s surrender. Personally, I don’t get why she didn’t just bring more soldiers and bumrushed them at the initial ceremony. Send out some flash bangs as the door is opening and grab Hank before they could react. Could have been done with few to no deaths.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

The Vault 33 raid was just her fanaticism showing…she was fully aware that everyone in that Vault except Hank was innocent but sicced Raiders on them anyway because “the ends justify the means”.

She brought two types of people to the raid…the raider crew she ultimately betrayed, and a small group of NCR soldiers she kept with her that rounded up hostages to compel Hank’s surrender. Personally, I don’t get why she didn’t just bring more soldiers and bumrushed them at the initial ceremony. Send out some flash bangs as the door is opening and grab Hank before they could react. Could have been done with few to no deaths.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
One thing that has been bothering me.  Moldaver is the head of the NCR right?  Why did she bring raiders into Vault 33 to try and kill anyone instead of NCR troops?  Are NCR troops in the series basically raiders?

Not everyone.

Steph and Betty were both from Vault 31.

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

The show doesn't go into detail, but the "raiders" are possibly the remnant of the NCR from Shady Sands. Or they are just regular raiders that Moldaver leads in her little Griffith Observatory hippy commune Nude California Republic base.

Realistically the NCR had to have had far more towns and bases than just Shady Sands, and the show is kind of oversimplifying the NCR in both size and viability. Nuking Shady Sands would be like someone nuking Sacramento... it wouldn't suddenly make the rest of California vanish. I think the writers just wanted to eliminate the NCR as a faction and this was their way of doing it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

The show doesn't go into detail, but the "raiders" are possibly the remnant of the NCR from Shady Sands. Or they are just regular raiders that Moldaver leads in her little Griffith Observatory hippy commune Nude California Republic base.

Realistically the NCR had to have had far more towns and bases than just Shady Sands, and the show is kind of oversimplifying the NCR in both size and viability. Nuking Shady Sands would be like someone nuking Sacramento... it wouldn't suddenly make the rest of California vanish. I think the writers just wanted to eliminate the NCR as a faction and this was their way of doing it.

NCR still exists in some fashion, but they seem to have  lost control of the Boneyard after Shady Sands was nuked, most likely to the Brotherhood.

Watching the raid episode a few times, it seems that Moldaver had two different groups with her…a crew of raiders, and a small unit of NCR soldiers dressed as raiders. The real raiders were deliberately left behind once she, and her NCR team secured Hank….disposable muscle to distract the dwellers while Moldaver and her soldiers executed the real mission.

The troops at the Observatory were NCR soldiers, with the civilians that also lived there fighting alongside them as irregulars.

Todd and Beth’s antipathy towards NV is pretty clear, but it’s not because they didn’t make it….it’s because they want Fallout to stay a Mad Max type Wasteland forever, where civilization never returns and people are content to live with skeletons everywhere. New civilizations emerging and fighting others for primacy screws that up.

The true target audience for the series is Fallout 3 and 4 mains, for them it delivered in spades. For NV mains, not so much. For what it is, it’s quite good, I liked it. But I don’t like what they did to the NCR or the Brotherhood, or at least that Chapter, anyway.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Not everyone.

View All Quotes

Not everyone.

True, but I doubt she was aware of them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 10:00:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wingnutx] [#5]
Moldaver didn't start the NCR. That was Tandi.

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wingnutx:
Moldaver didn't start the NCR. That was Tandi.

View Quote
Tandi was the second president of the NCR after aradesh. shes one of the founders, but since she was a teenager at the time, aradesh probably had a lot more to do with it.  

she wasnt even in charge of shady sands.

but i guess we should be semi thankful that bethesda even bothered to glance over the source material
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked it. I feel like it stays close to the source material while also making its own, largely self sufficient story. I did not find it excessively DEI influenced except for the trans person.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:
I liked it. I feel like it stays close to the source material while also making its own, largely self sufficient story. I did not find it excessively DEI influenced except for the trans person.

View Quote

Yeah, branching off into an independent story was the better approach.  Trying to follow any previous protagonist would have been nitpicked to death, and would defeat the biggest feature of the games:  player choice.

And as far as Dane goes, I would point out that that was a trans character on screen for mere minutes before self-harming...
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm still not convinced that the character wasn't just a girl trying to fit in with the rest of the recruits.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DFARM:
I'm still not convinced that the character wasn't just a girl trying to fit in with the rest of the recruits.
View Quote

I agree.  She was more butch than tranny to me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wc22312:
Fuck Todd Howard, bastard ruined my gaming life.

Fuck what fallout has become. Ruined my favorite childhood franchise.

Fuck Amazon also and fuck arf for using them. Actually just fuck everybody.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I was thinking of building an NCR service rifle, but changed my mind.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74831/1000003299_jpg-3283395.JPG
View Quote

They should've included a legendary version of the service rifle named the National Match with black furniture and stainless barrel, deadly accurate but heavy as fuck.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By macaho45:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macaho45:

Except for that mustache  
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Except for that mustache  
View Quote

Originally Posted By nvgeologist:
Italian butch.
View Quote

I've seen some pretty "fuzzy" Hispanic chicks too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#18]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74831/1000003299_jpg-3283395.JPG
View Quote

Sexy. Details?
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:59:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DmacRTCo:
Loved it, just in the thread to see how many bitter joyless arfcommers dont.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Not everyone.

View All Quotes

Not everyone.

And those are just the "Bud's Buds" characters we are aware of currently. There may well be other Vault 31 sleeper agents "undercover" like Stephanie was.

And what about what was going on over in Vault 32?
Seems writing  "Death to Management" on the walls in human blood before committing mass suicide might indicate some "displeasure" with the leadership from Vault 31.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Except for that mustache

Originally Posted By nvgeologist:
Italian butch.

I've seen some pretty "fuzzy" Hispanic chicks too.
View Quote

Meet some Greek girls.  

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 3:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Couch-Commando] [#22]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:

Sexy. Details?
View Quote
A real life recreation of the "survivalist rifle" from the Honest Hearts expansion of New Vegas.

Attachment Attached File

It is an assortment of spare parts I had on hand including a Nodak slab side lower, a Geissele national match trigger and my old NRA high power sling until I get another cotton garand sling.

Upper is an H&R c7, barrel is a bear creek in 50 beowulf. The gun in the game is in 12.7mm. I used my wife's cricut machine to create a stencil of the trench art, and then carved it out with a dremel.

Next steps are to either apply a fakelite or fake wood grain finish to the stock, hog out the ejection port a little more, and potentially have clone markings engraved on the lower.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stillnothere] [#24]
A real life recreation of the "survivalist rifle" from the Honest Hearts expansion of New Vegas.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74831/1000003340_png-3284592.JPG

It is an assortment of spare parts I had on hand including a Nodak slab side lower, a Geissele national match trigger and my old NRA high power sling until I get another cotton garand sling.

Upper is an H&R c7, barrel is a bear creek in 50 beowulf. The gun in the game is in 12.7mm. I used my wife's cricut machine to create a stencil of the trench art, and then carved it out with a dremel.

Next steps are to either apply a fakelite or fake wood grain finish to the stock, hog out the ejection port a little more, and potentially have clone markings engraved on the lower.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74831/1000003339_jpg-3284589.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Did you knock the front sight frame out of alignment so it's game accurate?
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:36:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/want-42.jpg

Did you knock the front sight frame out of alignment so it's game accurate?
View Quote
lol, I based my parts list off of a similar build I found on reddit. That guy also got absolutely bashed for not doing that by non-gun people who don't realize how dumb that would be.

He also got trashed for not carving the stock. I went ahead and did that since it was a nasty beater M16A1 stock with multiple issues including cracks.

Whenever I apply the finish to the handguards and clear coat it, I might consider the radiator hose clamps. But probably not. Don't want to catch my hand on those under recoil.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Started rewatching and there are some major plot holes.

Moldaver is not a ghoul, but is over 200 years old.

If she was in cryo she wouldn’t have the 200 year old ghoul of Lucy’s mom, nor built an empire.

Moldaver knew and cared for Lucy and her mom yet sent someone to fuck and then kill Lucy?

Hank somehow didn’t recognize her when she infiltrated the vault, but then knows who she is at the end of the vault raid?

I genuinely think they changed directions at the very last moment to make Moldaver into a good guy and fucked some of their story up.
View Quote

Why would Lucy's mom be 200?
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Did Dr. Chicken Fucker know what he did to Thaddeus? When T was worried about radiation Dr said "well you don't have to worry about that anymore now" Or something to that effect. Like he knew that shit made him I mortal.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:05:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Started rewatching and there are some major plot holes.

Moldaver is not a ghoul, but is over 200 years old.

If she was in cryo she wouldn’t have the 200 year old ghoul of Lucy’s mom, nor built an empire.

Moldaver knew and cared for Lucy and her mom yet sent someone to fuck and then kill Lucy?

Hank somehow didn’t recognize her when she infiltrated the vault, but then knows who she is at the end of the vault raid?

I genuinely think they changed directions at the very last moment to make Moldaver into a good guy and fucked some of their story up.

She wasn't 200 yrs old. She became a ghoul after Shady Sands was nuked. There a lot of "plot holes" that could just be things that haven't been explained yet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Did Dr. Chicken Fucker know what he did to Thaddeus? When T was worried about radiation Dr said "well you don't have to worry about that anymore now" Or something to that effect. Like he knew that shit made him I mortal.
View Quote

From what he said, yes, pretty sure he did.

Good plot twist since he was such a staunch supporter of hunting down all the gouls.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

Good plot twist since he was such a staunch supporter of hunting down all the gouls.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

Ghoulification is an effect of radiation though.

I still say it's a mutation serum. It lines up too well, and your plot point of it being a giant "fuck you" to him still fits as the BoS detests all varieties of mutants just as much, if not more, than ghouls.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:48:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#32]
NVM.

I kind of doubt that dude was walking around with stuff to concoct fev but he definitely knew what he was doing.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Ghoulification is an effect of radiation though.

I still say it's a mutation serum. It lines up too well, and your plot point of it being a giant "fuck you" to him still fits as the BoS detests all varieties of mutants just as much, if not more, than ghouls.
View Quote
Who wants to bet that the new actor for Thaddeus next season is Michael Dorn?
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Gutter1000:
Season two better have the Minutemen and Castle.  And scortchbeast queens.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4331_png-3189979.JPG

And mothman.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4332_jpeg-3189980.JPG
View Quote

Fallout is not a multiplayer game. 76 is not canon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Gutter1000:
Anyone catch the easter eggs, like the phone number they put up on the screen in episode 6, call it.  I did.  Funny!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njqj9lhhkmM

Oh....

Figured out where Betty came from.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4366_jpeg-3190029.JPG

Was wondering when they were gonna play the best game theme song ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCPVj1NXTWU
View Quote

I called the number.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 9:53:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DJLTX] [#36]
The show is set in the same post-apocalyptic world as the beloved video game series, and from what I’ve read, they’re really trying to stay true to the original vibe. The creators are Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, the same team behind Westworld, so that gives me hope it’ll be good. They’re reportedly focusing on the unique blend of 1950s retro-futurism and gritty survival that makes the Fallout universe so special. Plus, the casting choices, like Walton Goggins, have me pretty hyped.

On a related note, I recently read an interesting article about the best streaming services, which could be helpful as we all get ready to binge-watch this series. The article breaks down which services offer the best variety of content, user experience, and value for money. If you’re planning to subscribe or switch services to catch the Fallout series, it might be worth checking out the article to see which streaming platform suits you best. You can find it here: https://cashyeah.com/blog/what-are-the-best-streaming-services
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

I totally agree with your assessments. I think they did a great job on this show.

To respond to txrabbitbane about the Ghoul/ cooper Howard, if you watch an interview of Walton Goggins or Cooper Howard in the show any of his scenes outside of the movie sets, he speaks in a regular Southern accent. In the movie set scenes he exaggerated his accent.

The Ghoul has been insanely traumatized. He has reverted to one of his characters. Like a child coping with something, he has gone to his comfort zone. He was actor so his zone was being something he really isn't. Over 200 years the character became the man.

As an example.https://youtu.be/lmFuRJCvq2k?si=va7jLfhFpusQSWGV
View Quote

Sort of like John Wayne…
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 9:00:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#38]
Originally Posted By DJLTX:
The show is set in the same post-apocalyptic world as the beloved video game series, and from what I’ve read, they’re really trying to stay true to the original vibe. The creators are Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, the same team behind Westworld, so that gives me hope it’ll be good. They’re reportedly focusing on the unique blend of 1950s retro-futurism and gritty survival that makes the Fallout universe so special. Plus, the casting choices, like Walton Goggins, have me pretty hyped.
View Quote

Hope you haven't read any posts, since the series has been out all year.  

I think you'll like it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Still surprised Amazon was able to put out a good show.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:
Still surprised Amazon was able to put out a good show.
View Quote

They need to dump their money into this instead of Rings of Power.
Page / 37
Next Page Arrow Left
Fallout Amazon series (Page 37 of 37)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top