Home built, DI45, GG mags.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Budget optics that are "just as good"

The only vortex that can take on EoTech is the polar vortex we just had lol
View Quote
I shot at a CW event in the cold and rain, high elevation. Everyone using Eotechs had massive fog problems to the point of being unusable. I shot a vortex razor and it was clear as day.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Alright let's really set people off here.

"Glock perfection." And people who try to claim they're good. Especially the triggers and ergonomics - they suck. Absolute shite. Total garbage triggers on trashy guns as well. Yeah, we get it, the thing goes bang every time you shoot it. Why couldn't they make a gun that goes bang every time you shoot it as well as not having a horrible trigger and worse ergonomics? If it was so perfect, why do people spend half or more than the price of the gun itself on frame jobs, trigger work, and new sights only to bring it up to par with the rest of the market? "Oh you just need to learn how to shoot it." No, just admit that they f**ed up the grip to epic proportions. Your gun sucks and hasn't innovated or done anything new and worthwhile in decades but you're stuck with it because it's a Glock brand Glock and they have the market share on aftermarket options because they were first. First doesn't mean best or only. Your gun sucks, just admit it. The only thing it truly has going for it at this point is reliability, but it's no longer the only gun that can claim that.

Quoted:
People who name their guns
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing makes me cringe, I just look at shit and think "I'm glad I have better taste than that" or "I'm glad I didn't hire that guy to cerakote my gun", and move on with my day.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
That Slayer Glock is pretty cool
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The people at the range with a full custom bolt action rifle with a scope that cost just as much as the rifle or more with a spotting scope that was almost as much as the rifle/scope combo who are shooting bulk FMJ ammo.
View Quote
I don't think I've seen that yet.

I have seen scope/gun/spotter combos that cost somewhere in the low five figures.  I don't cringe at that, I just go be poor somewhere else.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Holy shit lol. You win.

Except for that pipe rifle from Fallout, that's cool
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this thread, we post gun related stuff that makes you cringe, gives you "Forrest Whittaker Eye", makes you embarrassed, or otherwise, makes you want to vomit.

I'll start:
https://i.imgur.com/M3eDgcY.jpg
Too much culture for you?
I like it.
Must have douchebag ensemble, to go with douchebag gun:

https://i.imgur.com/3zpFtNd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CfkHgF6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d2DCP7F.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ug8Bzf4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KItU7q4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UOUHu6e.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lruPhm2.jpg
I guess they'll take yours
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When non-Brits call their gear "kit". That's the sign of an instant fag.
View Quote
"nice bit of kit".....like nails on a chaulk board.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"Glock perfection." And people who try to claim they're good. Especially the triggers and ergonomics - they suck. Absolute shite. Total garbage triggers on trashy guns as well. Yeah, we get it, the thing goes bang every time you shoot it. Why couldn't they make a gun that goes bang every time you shoot it as well as not having a horrible trigger and worse ergonomics? If it was so perfect, why do people spend half or more than the price of the gun itself on frame jobs, trigger work, and new sights only to bring it up to par with the rest of the market? "Oh you just need to learn how to shoot it." No, just admit that they f**ed up the grip to epic proportions. Your gun sucks and hasn't innovated or done anything new and worthwhile in decades but you're stuck with it because it's a Glock brand Glock and they have the market share on aftermarket options because they were first. First doesn't mean best or only. Your gun sucks, just admit it. The only thing it truly has going for it at this point is reliability, but it's no longer the only gun that can claim that.

https://i.imgur.com/qpr7xeI.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/30/3027744cb3689fcf67da639934d1ee828f1e7777933c7757023bafae20d0b702.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
People who name their guns
https://i.imgur.com/qpr7xeI.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/30/3027744cb3689fcf67da639934d1ee828f1e7777933c7757023bafae20d0b702.jpg
You seem triggered.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#25]
That did not end up where I thought it was going...   Woah!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Those fucking Mossberg Shockwaves.  And their owners.
View Quote
Easy there, lol.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's  KITT.

Do you even Knight Rider, bro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When non-Brits call their gear "kit". That's the sign of an instant fag.
Betta check yoself

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ebc76cf69ac2372da79334461581b7fc/tenor.gif?itemid=11569726
It's  KITT.

Do you even Knight Rider, bro?
Yeah well he answer to KIT too!
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't even have to try hard to picture exactly what the owner looks like.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Didn't Cutshaw die a long time ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any article by Copypasta Charlie Cutshaw.
Didn't Cutshaw die a long time ago?
Not too long ago; but I guess “too long ago” is subjective. I swear every article he did was the same 500 words mixedand matched with catch phrases like “put it through its paces” “rounds down range”... It was mind numbing after years of the same dribble.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol on the other hand people are usually pretty shocked to find out how into metal I am so I guess you never know
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lol on the other hand people are usually pretty shocked to find out how into metal I am so I guess you never know
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We both know that "into metal" and "puts SLAYER on a Glock" are at opposite ends of the "how into metal are you?" spectrum.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We both know that "into metal" and "puts SLAYER on a Glock" are at opposite ends of the "how into metal are you?" spectrum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah fair point.

I would just get the pentagram, the Slayer is just too much
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Surprisingly, I don't hate glocks, I just dislike them. They are solid reliable guns with good aftermarket, I'll give them their dues in that regard. It just makes me cringe when people act like they're the end-all be-all with no faults or shortcomings, when really their reliability is about the only point they've got going for them now that the aftermarket for other guns has expanded.

The gun doesn't make me cringe - the fanboys do. "Glock Perfection," not necessarily Glocks themselves.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah fair point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah fair point.

Now let's imagine if that said "PANTERA"
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah fair point.

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Did these Two about 10 years ago as a joke that spiraled out of control, his and hers MP5s, yes they are NFA items...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did these Two about 10 years ago as a joke that spiraled out of control, his and hers MP5s, yes they are NFA items...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/19372/HKPRO2584_jpg-833533.JPG
View Quote
I don't care what anyone says, that is cool as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't care what anyone says, that is cool as fuck.
View Quote
Agreed. I'd rock either of those with a startling lack of shame. Even if they were just SBR'd and not FA.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Holy shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How am I the first to post this?  GD's gettin' rusty.

https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/8/4/0/4/9/webimg/1019050044_o.jpg

And . . .the full video for the uninitiated (if you exist):  Cringeworthy Costa
Holy shit.
Holy shit is right!! I always thought that guy was douche but that just took it to a whole other level!
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Surprisingly, I don't hate glocks, I just dislike them. They are solid reliable guns with good aftermarket, I'll give them their dues in that regard. It just makes me cringe when people act like they're the end-all be-all with no faults or shortcomings, when really their reliability is about the only point they've got going for them now that the aftermarket for other guns has expanded.

The gun doesn't make me cringe - the fanboys do. "Glock Perfection," not necessarily Glocks themselves.
View Quote
The same could be said of any fanboy, yes?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's been more than 15 years since you served, right?  Pretty common in the current military; probably an outgrowth of working with the Brits. Combined operations are a thing now...

Edit: No free loading: Most of the stuff in the NRA catalog.  Some of it is just... wow!
View Quote
It is common in many sports, yep it came about because the Brit sports leak into America quite often.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The same could be said of any fanboy, yes?
View Quote
True. But at least most other items that people fanboy over (apple, cars, etc) make it more of a subjective difference with pros and cons on both sides, whereas I'd argue that the Glock is objectively inferior to the competition, and most times I have the discussion it comes down to "well it's a glock so that means it's the best."
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Any handgun from CZ
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#47]

That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Decorated guns.  Guns customized by non-professional gunsmiths.   Guns customized for no practical reason.  Guns carrying accessories that serve no practical purpose.   Cheap guns marketed to appeal to those at the lowest socio-economic class.  Hi-Points.  Jennings/Bryco/Raven/Ruger shit.  (Someone's going to get triggered there... )

People who fail to understand the greatness of such classic designs as the M1 Garand and the Colt M1911.

People who put down effective, utilitarian pistols like Glocks, which are reliable and in some cases remarkably accurate despite their "duty oriented" trigger and general setup.

People who cheap out to the extreme and bitch about their budget built guns not running right.

Budget optics.

People who buy the best guns money can buy, build, and configure,  and never go out and shoot them.   Not because they're serious collectors, but only because they want bragging rights.   "I've got a Barrett M82A1!"   "Yeah?  How's the recoil?"  "I don't know, I've never shot it and never plan to."

Anything and everything made by JJFA.

Any polymer AR magazine made by any company other than Magpul.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Those fucking Mossberg Shockwaves.  And their owners.
View Quote
No dumping, bruh!

Attachment Attached File
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top