Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I love everything about the VP9 trigger, except the trigger blade safety.
After a lot of shooting, my finger gets a little raw from that thing.
What I wouldn't give for a lighter, higher cap, modern P7.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone here use the Lobos? That’s the way I’m currently leaning at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Finally got some time to drive up the road and shoot my new blaster. Yeah... the trigger is pretty good. I might not mess with it.

Would like a bigger mag release. The paddle makes sense but I'm so used to a button it would be nice to have something bigger while I get used to it.

Can't find a fucking adapter plate for my RMR to save my life.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a VP9 when they were on sale for under $500 on a Black Friday thing a few years ago   I don't shoot it a lot, but clearly it is a great gun and I shoot it well.  I would not mess with the trigger or anything else on it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's another thing about the VP9 and HK firearms in general: the initial fit between components is very tight, almost too tight. As a result, these firearms are a bit rougher in terms of function until they are shot enough to be broken in. The same goes with the VP9's trigger. Once the pistol has 1,000 rounds or so fired through it, the trigger has smoothed out considerably and the pull weight drops a bit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The VP9 trigger is fantastic out of the box, I don't know why you would need to mess with it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone with a VP9 done any work on their trigger? Planned on an Apex only to find they don't provide a VP9 trigger upgrade.

Damn them to hell

So what to do? Getting this new blaster dialed in for EDC, have a light, holster and RMR on order.  

Need a tits'd out trigger.
View Quote

What holster did you get for your pistol? I'm still looking for a IWB light mounted holster setup for my VP9.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I understand the VP9 has a “good” trigger. The PPQ blows it away and any decent 1911 will blow it away. For people that don’t want to modify it because they aren’t skilled enough or want to spend the money that’s also fine.  Some people like Honda’s and some like Audi’s. Just because something is oem doesn’t mean it’s the best. Just like “Mil spec” is often the cheapest that would get the job done. I’ll throw a trigger in mine since I like to work on my own stuff and if I do it myself the gains are well worth the trigger investment.  As for paying someone to do it, that probably won’t be cost effective and worth it  unless you have some money to burn and months to wait without your firearm.  There is enough evidence to show that changing a spring and the trigger does improve the VP9 a great deal and I like all of my firearms to be the best they can be.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What holster did you get for your pistol? I'm still looking for a IWB light mounted holster setup for my VP9.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone with a VP9 done any work on their trigger? Planned on an Apex only to find they don't provide a VP9 trigger upgrade.

Damn them to hell

So what to do? Getting this new blaster dialed in for EDC, have a light, holster and RMR on order.  

Need a tits'd out trigger.

@zerlak

I ordered a Tier One Concealed holster. Don't have it yet.

https://www.tier1concealed.com/
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Vp9b is the answer to the queer, paddle  nonsense. If you are seriously  complaining  about being let down by the vp9, and its trigger, Guns are not for  you,seek a new hobby.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Finally got some time to drive up the road and shoot my new blaster. Yeah... the trigger is pretty good. I might not mess with it.

Would like a bigger mag release. The paddle makes sense but I'm so used to a button it would be nice to have something bigger while I get used to it.

Can't find a fucking adapter plate for my RMR to save my life.
View Quote

The trigger is great out of the box.

I didn't need to change mine out, I wanted to.  If the lazy wolf system sucked I could remove it.

The new trigger dropped trigger pull weight and gave me a nicer break.  Being that it's a flat trigger, pull weight will depend on finger placement.

In my old thread I took weight measurements and measured take-up and overtravel pre and post install.  I tried looking for the thread, but its been deleted.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I found the best HK VP9 trigger upgrade

It's called the HK P30
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's called the HK P30
View Quote

I love HK DA/SA pistols but no. The VP9 trigger is one of the best out of the box triggers around, the P30 has one of the worst DA/SA triggers in the HK collection.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Being that I’ve worked on my own cars and guns for the last 20 years I’d beg to differ. Anything stock can be better. My truck has performance parts, if I do brakes I upgrade them. Same with U joints and everything else. My home is fully upgraded as well. If you have the knowledge and drive why wouldnt you want it better? Enjoy your soft non calloused hands. I’m sure your wife enjoys someone else’s too :)  
Vp9b is the answer to the queer, paddle  nonsense. If you are seriously  complaining  about being let down by the vp9, and its trigger, Guns are not for  you,seek a new hobby.    
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh yeah definitely "tits out" the trigger on your EDC gun.  Make sure you carry AIWB and post pics after you plug yourself in the inner thigh while trying to reholster in a gas station bathroom.
View Quote
Do you actually own and use any firearms, or are you just repeating bullshit that wives thought they heard was written in gun magazines in the 90's?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's called the HK P30
View Quote

Yeah, No.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#17]
The standard VP9 trigger is great. Having said that, my VP9L OR is at GrayGuns right now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's called the HK P30
View Quote

I love both the VP9 and P30 pistols. I too prefer the P30.

That being said, the VP9 trigger out of the box is considerable better than the P30, mainly the reset. The P30 is ridiculously long with an equally long pull from the reset point to the break.

If you add the GrayGuns short reset kit to the P30 though, the two become much closer in quality (comparing the SA of the P30 to the VP9).
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#19]
The trigger reset is a bit clunky and slow. The HK spring kit did the trick.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everything? The trigger was easily the most disappointing. Hitch-ey, mushy, shit reset. Gigantic shelf sitting on the web of your hand. Ridiculously priced mags. HATED the paddle mag release. Not very accurate.

After reading so much online about how great it was, it was easily the biggest letdown in a long, long time. Maybe even ever.
View Quote

From my experience I think it was just a lot different than what you were used to, so you hated it.  I have bought guns that I initially thought were great and a year in, had found issues I did not like.  also had it the other way around, and one of those was VP9.  When I first got it, I thought "whatever"  and set it aside.  As I was shooting more a few years later I began to realize it was a great gun.   And while there are other guns I enjoy more, VP9 is what I would want as a side arm if I carried one and expected to need it.  Yes, over Sig226, 320, Glock, CZ75 etc.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's a little grindy, maybe I just need to shoot it some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The VP9 trigger is fantastic out of the box, I don’t know why you would need to mess with it.

It's a little grindy, maybe I just need to shoot it some.

Mine was too, but after 150 rounds it smoothed out to perfect for me.

Much better trigger than any glock
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I refuse. The VP9 is shit and will have a short service life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please gtfo of my thread.
I refuse. The VP9 is shit and will have a short service life.

Operator incompetence isn't the pistol's fault. glocks are lowest common denominator level tools.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If the only thing keeping you from shooting yourself in the dick is a nice trigger, maybe you should reevaluate carrying a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh yeah definitely "tits out" the trigger on your EDC gun.  Make sure you carry AIWB and post pics after you plug yourself in the inner thigh while trying to reholster in a gas station bathroom.

If the only thing keeping you from shooting yourself in the dick is a nice trigger, maybe you should reevaluate carrying a gun.

Truth!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top