BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does it work if someone moved to California, and has some icky guns ?
View Quote

There are 2 ways, first is to fill out paperwork and pay (at the time it was 35$ per firearm) and register the guns

Second is covered buy the "Shut your fucking mouth" clause of the second amendment
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In Texas it takes longer to fill out the yellow form than to make the purchase.

I want that one.
*Hands carry license and cash.
Fill out yellow form
Have a nice day.
10 minutes top.
View Quote

Yellow form?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Geez OP, it might have been cheaper to move to another state, buy the pistol, then move back.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I couldn’t handle that shit.  Just plain couldn’t.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice pistol - and great choice BTW. Sorry you got raped though. I'd contact your representatives and report this obnoxious abuse though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Move to a free state.  I know.  Which one is that exactly?  G'head...make me a list.  I've heard it before, ya' know -- I've been around - I've seen things... in GD for a few years, so that's not the point of this thread...
View Quote

N.J. ain't no picnic either.

I'd deal with the CA hassles in exchange for the nice weather any day.

Plus, CA has pre-ban guns/magazine and tons of places to shoot.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There are 2 ways, first is to fill out paperwork and pay (at the time it was 35$ per firearm) and register the guns

Second is covered buy the "Shut your fucking mouth" clause of the second amendment
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a flat fee of $19 regardless of how many firearms it is now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
California Uber Alles...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Shit, there's a Glock 19X on GB right now sitting at $2,000 (25 bids placed) before tax, DROS, or FSC and the auction still has four days on it. Why? CA transferable.

This fucking state.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Geez OP, it might have been cheaper to move to another state, buy the pistol, then move back.
View Quote

it crossed my mind.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I couldn't handle that shit.  Just plain couldn't.
View Quote

it didn't help my blood pressure, I can tell you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shit, there's a Glock 19X on GB right now sitting at $2,000 (25 bids placed) before tax, DROS, or FSC and the auction still has four days on it. Why? CA transferable.

This fucking state.
View Quote

That is fucking ridiculous
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

N.J. ain't no picnic either.

I'd deal with the CA hassles in exchange for the nice weather any day.

Plus, CA has pre-ban guns/magazine and tons of places to shoot.

View Quote

but you've got the Jersey Devil ...seems fair.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This fucking state.
View Quote

I think only Gen 1 are gtg in California, may be wrong. So a Gen 1 new would be 500 bucks. same gun not Gen 1 is exotic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think only Gen 1 are gtg in California, may be wrong. So a Gen 1 new would be 500 bucks new. same gun not Gen 1 is exotic.
View Quote

Actually only Gen3 is GTG for new purchase by non-LEO. Gen 1 and 2 are not on the list, nor is 4, 5, X, etc.

Gen 1 and 2 are also not being made, so there aren't any new purchases, anyway.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Actually only Gen3 is GTG for new purchase by non-LEO. Gen 1 and 2 are not on the list, nor is 4, 5, X, etc.
View Quote

Thanks I knew it had something to do with that
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think only Gen 1 are gtg in California, may be wrong. So a Gen 1 new would be 500 bucks. same gun not Gen 1 is exotic.
View Quote

pretty sure it's good up to  (only) gen3.  I could be wrong.  I have a gen4, but bought it off roster, and remember  thinking at the time I could get the gen3.

corrected above...thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Am I understanding correctly if I a Texas resident have say a used Glock 19X.  I couldn’t legally sell it to you and ship it to your FFL? The second hand market comes from CA cops selling non-roster icky guns?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Am I understanding correctly if I a resident have say a used Glock 19X.  I couldn’t legally sell it to you and ship it to your FFL? The second hand market comes from CA cops selling non-roster icky guns?
View Quote

Face-to-face or consignment only. Seller and buyer have to physically show up at a dealer at the same time, or the seller has to consign with the dealer and then the registration can only be performed at the dealer where it was consigned.

Didn't see your state. You as a TX resident can't sell directly to a CA resident, you could only send it to a dealer. The dealer can't treat it as a private party transfer (PPT) because those are only allowed between CA residents.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Am I understanding correctly if I a Texas resident have say a used Glock 19X.  I couldn't legally sell it to you and ship it to your FFL? The second hand market comes from CA cops selling non-roster icky guns?
View Quote

off roster pistols have to be transferred in PPT (face to face) transactions through an FFL...with both parties present and with proper documentation.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I want that one.
Fill out yellow form
Have a nice day.
10 minutes top.
View Quote

I've filled out so many of these that the form takes about 45 seconds to fill out.  I spend more time shooting the shit with the guys behind the counter than anything.  

Oh and I'm glad you got a check for being a "Patriot", those of us who make too much on our IRS returns to receive such funds I guess aren't patriotic enough
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on the kind of icky involved.  For the average person, a firearm that meets the Ca definitions of assault weapons can't be legally imported.  Handguns that aren't "assault weapons" but just aren't on the "Roster" can be brought in by a new resident.  And since they are now legally in the state, can be transferred with no problems (beyond the regular PITA).

Note that there is a requirement to "report" ownership of firearms you bring into the state.  While they pretend this is not registration, they lie.  Ramifications?  Not sure if limited to failing to report.  A handgun not recorded by the state can't be put on a CCW.  

Likewise, (This quote is in context of new resident owner reporting, not a general statement about all of California, all the time, etc.) "There is no firearm registration requirement in California except for assault weapon owners and personal handgun importers. However, you must submit a Firearm Ownership Report (FOR) Application (BOF 4542A), pdf to the California Department of Justice (the Department) for any firearm you are seeking return where no other record is on file with the Department identifying you as the most recent owner/possessor. Having a FOR application on file with the Department will authorize the return of your firearm in the event it is subsequently lost or stolen."

There are also some ramifications when it comes to concealed carry, and some vehicle carry situations if not properly containered/locked, etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

off roster pistols have to be transferred in PPT (face to face) transactions through an FFL...with both parties present and with proper documentation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I understanding correctly if I a Texas resident have say a used Glock 19X.  I couldn't legally sell it to you and ship it to your FFL? The second hand market comes from CA cops selling non-roster icky guns?

Baby steps by fucking gun grabbers
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#25]
So glad I moved.

Background checks on ammo now too...

ETA: You need to make friends with a cop n get what you want.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've filled out so many of these that the form takes about 45 seconds to fill out.  I spend more time shooting the shit with the guys behind the counter than anything.  

Oh and I'm glad you got a check for being a "Patriot", those of us who make too much on our IRS returns to receive such funds I guess aren't patriotic enough
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought a non-Legion 229 with Short Reset Trigger kit and E2 grips second hand for $550 in Feb.

Sorry about CA OP.  My state is probably not that far behind VA.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So glad I moved.

Background checks on ammo now too...

ETA: You need to make friends with a cop n get what you want.
View Quote

yeah, well, we're working on that
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yellow form?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want that one.
Fill out yellow form
Have a nice day.
10 minutes top.

Yellow form?

The 4473 was once yellow..

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Move to a free state
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice pistol.  Sorry you had to pay so dearly for it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#32]
What happens if your 5 year “safety certificate” expires?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Move to a free state
View Quote

You're gonna fit in just fine, noob
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want that one.
Fill out yellow form
Have a nice day.
10 minutes top.

Yellow form?

The 4473 was once yellow..

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/BATF_Form_4473a.png

I know, was just wondering if you’ve purchased a gun in the last 15 years or so  
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have to renew before you can acquire another firearm. If you're not buying, it has no effect.

ETA: for a fun history lesson, it started as the Basic Firearms Safety Certificate, you paid once, took one test, and it was good forever. That doesn't raise very much money, does it? So then it became the Handgun Safety Certificate, and that was good for 5 years, then you needed to renew, but it was only for Handgun purchases. A couple years back it became the Firearms Safety Certificate, and applies for all firearms purchases, same 5 year expiration.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

yeah, well, we're working on that
View Quote

On moving or brown nosing the kings men?

ETA: You should sell all your guns at super inflated retard/California prices... then move to a more free state and buy a machine gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#37]
good score OP

on a different note when I see sights on guns like these I always think of the colt python threads where people try to argue modern cnc is just as good as hand fitting. My VP9 sights sit with a space on them also.

Attachment Attached File

Cool gun, though.

People should always be mindful CA is the beta test for the rest of the states.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have to pay and do it again before you buy again, has no effect on what you already own
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Sig. lol. I wouldn't pay $2000.00 for it if it came with lips
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice pistol OP that pistol retails for around $1400 where can you buy it nib for $839?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been a lurker for many years
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#42]
At least the pistol is worth what OP paid (in CA). I doubt CA will un-commie any time soon and start supporting the Bill of Rights again.

Everything is relative. I love CA, most beautiful State imho.

I learned to shoot in CA, where my dad still lives. I spent all my summers there with him in L.A. When I was a kid, he would take me to the Beverly Hills Gun Club (was not actually in BH) and we would rent different guns and shoot. My dad hated shooting and doesn't like guns but did it for me.

I bought him a revolver a few years later just so he would have something. He was glad for it during the Rodney King riots...

The first gun I bought was in NJ in the 80's. What a fucking hassle that was. Basically like NFA, having to get the Chief of police of my Town to sign off on it...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#43]
DON'T FEED THE BEAST! STARVE IT!

that is all.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What happens if your 5 year "safety certificate" expires?
View Quote

Mine did 2 months ago.  That's why I had to pay to take it again before we could start the rest of the transacftion.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Move to a free state
View Quote

what was your old name?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Previous SN?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

On moving or brown nosing the kings men?

ETA: You should sell all your guns at super inflated retard/California prices... then move to a more free state and buy a machine gun.
View Quote

did you sleep underground last week?  California successfully fought off the ammo background check law....then it freedom got squashed again a day later.  It's under review....but we still expect a much drawn out win.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
good score OP

on a different note when I see sights on guns like these I always think of the colt python threads where people try to argue modern cnc is just as good as hand fitting. My VP9 sights sit with a space on them also.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123940/sights_1_-_Copy_JPG-1392819.JPG

Cool gun, though.

People should always be mindful CA is the beta test for the rest of the states.
View Quote

thought that was for cocking?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sig. lol. I wouldn't pay $2000.00 for it if it came with lips
View Quote

Please, I have more expensive mastershop sigs.  No poors allowed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice weapon, fuck California politics...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top