BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As time goes on more and more research is showing the harm it's causing to people. Pot is not some magical harmless drug.
View Quote
Very few people believe it is harmless.  Fact is it is far less harmful than alcohol and pain pills and many other drugs.  

People are gonna do drugs whether legal or not.  No law has ever reduced the demand or supply of illegal drugs.  Since the day I was born till today I can get any illegal drug that exists within an hour and so can anyone else.     The only one.that has ever been hard to get is peyote and that's just because it takes forever to grow and there isn't enough demand for large grow operations.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
….why isn’t it legal, regulated and taxed like alcohol…?
Seems to me .gov could make a killing off taxing it.

Also …what stocks are going to be the ones to own when it IS reclassified….
View Quote

Plus 1 Look how much it made Colorado a Better Place to live!
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yup, they were afraid the African Americans would get hopped up on marijuana and go around raping white women. The war on drugs is racist.
View Quote

Did you come up with that Dumb statement all by yourself??
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same with WA.  They taxed it heavily.  Did other taxes go down?  No.  Did other taxes still go up?  Yes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can't have a War on Drugs if the drugs are legal...
View Quote

Hey! Why not?

Guns are supposedly legal but the ATF will SWAT a legal gun owner just about the same as the DEA goes after people selling drugs. I'm sure the .gov will find a way to continue their drug war regardless.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I support legalization, but I’m already tired of having to smell the shit driving down every road in VA and having to explain to my little kids why people stink like skunks in stores.

Liberty and Responsibility were meant to exist together. We’ve lost the responsible part.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The black market price will always be cheaper and sell better.
View Quote

The best quality is pedigree weed. Expensive true.  Sort of like a top shelf bourbon or scotch vs bootleg.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yup, they were afraid the African Americans would get hopped up on marijuana and go around raping white women. The war on drugs is racist.
View Quote

LOL. No.

That film was propaganda .
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It should be legal since it is so easy to test drivers for being over the legal limit, right?
View Quote

Because anyone who would be impaired and drive (illegal) would worry about having MJ (illegal).

Do you all listen to yourselves?

We use the same argument against gun laws. Murderer isnt bothered breaking a law against owning a gun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't know a single person in a legal state who still buys black market weed. It might be cheaper but the quality, for the most part, is nowhere near the quality of the legit operations.
View Quote
Hell even where it's illegal most people I know are just getting it from where it is.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:The "regulate it and tax it" proved not to work in California, because government greed ruins it all, if legalization is going to get the criminal element out of the trade, it needs to be like radishes... grow it, use it, knock your socks off, and other than maybe sales tax, the government can GTFO.
View Quote
Do you have any evidence or artifacts to sustain your claim?

I understood that arrests and convictions for cannabis were WAY DOWN following the legalization of the it, I'd need hard proof before I believed otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It goes back further than that. There were concerns about it being habit forming and some states regulated it well prior to the marijuana tax act.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It goes back further than that. There were concerns about it being habit forming and some states regulated it well prior to the marijuana tax act.

I’d say it is habit forming. I have a sister who’s been smoking it for 47 years and she’s a 65yr old brainless wasteoid.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#14]
There are studies showing a direct correlation between early teens smoking weed during formative years and mental health issues

Keep in mind that this isn’t the weed smoked at Woodstock. The THC levels are often 3 or 4 times what they were.

I’d add in Spice and other synthetic variants along with people sprinkling or spraying other narcotics on weed as a separate issue.

I’d imagine routine alcohol use while the brain is forming would be bad as well.

I really don’t care if grown adults choose to smoke weed and I’d be cool with simple possession being a traffic ticket type offense but I don’t think it should be legalized and I definitely wouldn’t want my family using it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just like the thriving alcohol black market.

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

'Cause it can be grown just about anywhere, by anyone, so the government can't control enough of it to ensure the desired profit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
.why isn't it legal, regulated and taxed like alcohol ?

Also  what stocks are going to be the ones to own when it IS reclassified .
View Quote
it technically was, but they refused to issue tax stamps for it same as the NFA stamp for a post '86 machinegun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Same with WA.  They taxed it heavily.  Did other taxes go down?  No.  Did other taxes still go up?  Yes.
View Quote
And, legalization also brought with it the corresponding decline in quality of life that you seem to see everywhere it's legalized.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't know a single person in a legal state who still buys black market weed. It might be cheaper but the quality, for the most part, is nowhere near the quality of the legit operations.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There are studies showing a direct correlation between early teens smoking weed during formative years and mental health issues
I doubt anyone here believes legalized weed should be sold to minors.

Keep in mind that this isn’t the weed smoked at Woodstock. The THC levels are often 3 or 4 times what they were.
Irrelevant.  That's just a result of decades of selective breeding

I’d add in Spice and other synthetic variants along with people sprinkling or spraying other narcotics on weed as a separate issue.
For a legal dispensary, this would be treated no differently than if they sold food or medicine they had intentionally poisoned.

I’d imagine routine alcohol use while the brain is forming would be bad as well.
It is, and this is well known.  It's why underage drinking is already illegal.

I really don’t care if grown adults choose to smoke weed and I’d be cool with simple possession being a traffic ticket type offense but I don’t think it should be legalized and I definitely wouldn’t want my family using it.
View Quote

Notes added.  The statements in blue are in conflict as well.  

I don't care about pot.  I have no interest in using it.  The war on drugs has resulted in a panoply of civil rights abuses.  Legalization would at least force that effort to focus on drugs that are significantly more harmful.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's because you don't live in the hood.  Some people don't care about quality, they only care about price.  This was explained to me by, um, someone who has lived this life for over 50 years.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#22]
The cartels and other organized crime groups that move it in bulk arent going to give up some percentage of their revenues to any government

Well, they sort of do by paying off congresspeople and senators
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Some of the prices in the dispensaries in Washington are like 10-15% of what it was when some kids I knew in highschool were buying it.

That's a legitimate issue, also, how can you tell if the guy who just drove your forklift through a door and off the dock got high two hours ago or on Saturday night last week.
View Quote

Add a Weed rider to your policy.   Shouldn't be much more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#24]
follow the money
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Biggest guess at a federal level is pharma has a ton of control over the government and if it becomes too legit they lose billions in lack of pain pill sales and probably more billions in drugs to treat people dying from alcohol.  I'd imagine corporations invested in alcohol pressure against it as well.

The government tried to ban nicotine vapor products which are exponentially less harmful than smoking just to keep cash flowing from tobacco taxes.  

The government and corporations have no problem killing you if the price is right
View Quote

Tavern league, alcohol and beer industry lobby against it also
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's because you don't live in the hood.  Some people don't care about quality, they only care about price.  This was explained to me by, um, someone who has lived this life for over 50 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get rid of the federal prohibition and the tobacco companies might just get into the game and sell pot right alongside their other product lines.  
Even if they don't, removing that prohibition would permit a significant increase in the scale of production, which brings with it significant cost reductions for the potheads.  While it may not price black market sellers out of the market, it will make their customer base largely disappear as the safer alternatives will be affordable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Missouri did that . . . well, the people of Missouri did through the initiative petition. It's seems to be working out well:

"Since Missouri’s marijuana sales began in 2019, the state has collected more than $150 million in revenue from taxes and program fees . . . State Rep. Dave Griffith, a Republican from Jefferson City and the veterans committee chairman, said the numbers are encouraging.
“The amount of sales that they’ve had with commercial marijuana has been just record-breaking and exceeded all expectations and projections,” he said."

Missouri marijuana revenue will mean nearly $20 million to support veterans this year
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Big pharma.  If people can grow thier own drugs legally, they won't go to the doctor to get a script for big pharma drugs.  

Also, look how much money the .gov pumps into the drug war.   How much would the prison system shrink if drugs were legal?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus you don't have to worry about Fentanyl being in it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, just like people still buy moonshine liquor cooked up in the woods instead of going to the liquor store on the corner. Legal booze everywhere but the bootleggers are still thriving . . . oh, right. Never mind.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Add a Weed rider to your policy.   Shouldn't be much more.
View Quote

I don't understand what you mean.

I was trying to point out that when someone has an accident in the workplace, they're normally sent for a drug test. If they are drunk, they can see that(BAC), so if they drank on Friday night and had an accident Monday morning, they will be able to test and see that they are sober. I don't believe a test for THC exists that can tell if the person is currently under the influence of it vs having used it at some point in the recent past.

If it's legal, I don't think you could have a zero tolerance policy for it. Can you have a policy that says employees can't drink alcohol outside of work?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#32]
lol buy cannabis stocks now. Cry about the devils lettuce all the way to the bank.
Waiting for Florida to have both constitutional carry and legal weed to watch the Fedboi and statist heads explode.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Pretty sure it was about the hemp trade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure it was about the hemp trade.

^^^ This^^^
They're trying to tax legal pot out of business but it's bumping up business for the cartels.  Someone needs to pay for the human trafficking and slave labor camps!
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#34]
In IL taxing marijuana was supposed to be an economic boom that would solve all our problems.  Not seeing it.

There absolutely is a black market for weed where it is legal.

That's what the whole medical card scam is.  Go to a doc-in-a-box.  Tell them you have PTSD.  Boom, medical card for tax free mj.

What do you think happens to weed that doesn't pass the dispensary QC process?  You don't think it is actually destroyed do you?  It goes out the back door to be sold at a in non-legal states.

If you know where to look, you can do an Uber Eats type deal.  That's how a lot of the under 21 crowd, hs or college kids, get their weed.

As for investment, I know several people who have invested big into mj.  The only ones who have made money so far were the ones who cashed out.  Legally, banks can't touch mj money.  It is difficult for courts to enforce mj related contracts.

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It IS legal, taxed, and regulated here in Michigan.

The Fed Bois aren't doing the Civil Asset Forfeiture dance at dispensaries and they're not taking the taxes as Ill gotten gains.

I'm picking up some edibles for my girlfriend later today.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It IS legal, taxed, and regulated here in Michigan.

The Fed Bois aren't doing the Civil Asset Forfeiture dance at dispensaries and they're not taking the taxes as Ill gotten gains.

I'm picking up some edibles for my girlfriend later today.
View Quote

Does it make your girlfriend want to rape black men? That's risky.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To add, with all the fentanyl laced shit out there, why would anyone buy black market stuff. Why take the chance?  Unless its your hippie uncle selling to you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s exactly the same, often in the same packaging.

ETA: We’ve taken it off our son and his friends when they were younger when we lived in CA. It’s the same stuff and smells so strong it was easy to catch them with it. We even caught him with a brownie that was packaged and labeled for stores.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In IL taxing marijuana was supposed to be an economic boom that would solve all our problems.  Not seeing it.

There absolutely is a black market for weed where it is legal.

That's what the whole medical card scam is.  Go to a doc-in-a-box.  Tell them you have PTSD.  Boom, medical card for tax free mj.

What do you think happens to weed that doesn't pass the dispensary QC process?  You don't think it is actually destroyed do you?  It goes out the back door to be sold at a in non-legal states.

If you know where to look, you can do an Uber Eats type deal.  That's how a lot of the under 21 crowd, hs or college kids, get their weed.

As for investment, I know several people who have invested big into mj.  The only ones who have made money so far were the ones who cashed out.  Legally, banks can't touch mj money.  It is difficult for courts to enforce mj related contracts.

View Quote

That’s because JB Pritzker just took all the money gained from the taxes and added it to his food budget.  He literally eats all the profits.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Eventually the Federal government will enter the market and do like they did with the beer and liquor industry and poison the black market, literally with adulterated products.
Your seeing it now in Illinois with Fentanyl
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pharmaceutical companies also lobbied for it to be illegal because it has legitimate medical uses, and they didn’t want to compete with something you can grow in your back yard.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Control.

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#44]
A better question is why do NIMBY's always want to tax the living hell out of things they don't like?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
.why isn't it legal, regulated and taxed like alcohol ?

Also  what stocks are going to be the ones to own when it IS reclassified .
View Quote
Let's see.

Nixon was a prick......We can start there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Seeing cannon is hyperemesis syndrome almost daily at this point
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Good. Blow over the limit at a drug screen you should have your offer yanked.

Not going to waste my time arguing causation, but there is absolutely a correlation that as weed has become more acceptable....

Homelessness has Increased
Depression + Suicide Increased
Crime Has Skyrocketed
Vehicle Accidents and Intoxicated drivers have skyrocketed
Vehicle Insurance has increased
Drug use in teens has increased
The Great Resignation happened
Skilled Workers have vanished

Our society is sick and getting worse.

The push for legalization is because they want us sitting at home, fat, dumb, stoned and watching Netflix of playing Xbox. It's literally the modern day "opium for the masses" .

As time goes on more and more research is showing the harm it's causing to people. Pot is not some magical harmless drug.
View Quote
Annnnnd here we go with the reefer madness bullshit again.

The act that Nixon signed making Mary Jane a schedule 1 along side heroin etc if you look at the actual requirements guess what else should have been on there? Alcohol and Tobacco but they got special exemptions.

Anything can be abused. But Cannabis does have things that do help pain management and other ailments.  

The war on Marijuana has cost us billions of dollars and countless lives ruined....For what? Because the fear of some political idiot? Listening to the Governor of Florida's reasoning for being against it and I quote "it stinks" .....Sorry dip shit thats not a valid reason.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#48]
We need a Marijuana subforum. KColg should be the moderator.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Biggest guess at a federal level is pharma has a ton of control over the government and if it becomes too legit they lose billions in lack of pain pill sales and probably more billions in drugs to treat people dying from alcohol.  I'd imagine corporations invested in alcohol pressure against it as well.

The government tried to ban nicotine vapor products which are exponentially less harmful than smoking just to keep cash flowing from tobacco taxes.  

The government and corporations have no problem killing you if the price is right
View Quote
Funny enough one of the big concerns within the legal cannabis market is big pharmaceutical getting too much control . They fight against legalization however at the same time making in roads within states that are legalizing to knock the little guy out of the market.

They also don't like it because weed is remarkably easy to grow. With home grow kits, advanced lighting etc you can produce weed that's better quality than a lot of what the commercial market has. You can't make your own asprin etc.  Pharma doesn't like weed because it is something they can't control.

And yes I am in the cannabis field in CO but I was interested in the medical benefits of this plant long before. I've learned a hell of a lot living in CO when it comes to Mary Jane. We tend to focus on the liberal hippies but there's a shit load of freedom loving folk who want it legalized as well.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top