BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:48:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had no idea we had Culver’s in Alabama.
View Quote

We have one in the next County in Florida, I'm looking forward to trying it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I looked it up when you mentioned it and there’s also one in Florence.

So that’s fucking great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's in Madison, opened late last year or early this year. I keep wanting to try it but everytime I go the place is packed.

I looked it up when you mentioned it and there’s also one in Florence.

So that’s fucking great.

One in Florence.  Thats a hour from me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We have one in the next County in Florida, I'm looking forward to trying it.
View Quote

It’s good. The only place I’ve had it was in Panama City beach.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and a order of biscuit and gravy is a proper after workout breakfast.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#5]
They’re good. The real question is, which fast food burger are you going to claim is better? Culver’s is alright. Wendy’s sucks, BK sucks, Sonic Sucks. McDs sucks. Dairy Queen offers a regional menu I found out in KY, it sucked. The hunger/belt buster at DQ here is the only burger close to a Waterburger (how it’s pronounced).

In and Out, it’s a small, niche style burger. Pretty good, have to order a few and make it Whataburger style for it to be better, mustard as only condiment, no ketchup or stupid sauce. P Terry’s is the same (their fries are good though).

Whataburger is the best fast food burger by far. And their customers aren’t trendy libtards, a plus. “One Nation Under God” on all their windows. Dining rooms open no masks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I stopped eating there when those degens from Chicago bought the company. I don't miss it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:59:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ve always liked their biscuits and gravy, decent fast food but it’s hit and miss sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
May I suggest a patty melt meal with a Dr pepper and an apple pie
View Quote

He’s right you know
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We have checkers, aren't they similar?
View Quote

Yep !
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone mentioned Jack in the Box. We used to have several of them in my area. Most of them have closed. I remember them actually being pretty good a long time ago. The last time I went to one a few years ago, it was terrible. I noticed they don't advertise anymore.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Culver's is better
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Someone mentioned Jack in the Box. We used to have several of them in my area. Most of them have closed. I remember them actually being pretty good a long time ago. The last time I went to one a few years ago, it was terrible. I noticed they don't advertise anymore.
View Quote
Yeah, JITB tried to reinvent their image a while back.

I went there a few years ago and ordered a Jumbo Jack.  It came in a fancy box and was on an "artisan" bun.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#13]
They are apparently building a Whataburger in the town where I live, according to what I heard from the Mayor a few days ago.

I believe it will be the first in this area in about 40 years. They used to have them in nearby Nashville when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#14]
It's trash
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Only people from Texas think it's good.  It's crap.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Bunch of Hateful Jealous Fuckers on here....

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Overrated. Culver’s is alright but it’s still kinda meh. I guess it is great if you eat sweets because they have lots of ice cream and milkshakes. Their burgers though are nothing to write home about.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It’s fucked now since those commie pricks from Chicago bought a controlling interest in the company.

Fuck that family for selling out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#19]
So apparently most in Texas think it's awesome, and most not in Texas think it's shit. I love Whataburger. My favorites are the green chile double, the patty melt, and the sweet and spicy bacon burger. I really like their breakfast too...the breakfast tacos are decent, the breakfast on a bun is good and the honey butter chicken biscuit slaps hard. Fries are decent but they're nothing special.

ETA: for a little while they had a breakfast item called the breakfast burger. It was a hamburger patty, cheese, hash browns, an egg, bacon, and creamy pepper sauce (the same sauce they use on the patty melt) on a hamburger bun. I stopped one morning and got one with an added breakfast sausage patty. Talk about life changing...
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I like it enough.  Would go there bf the typical other chains. I don’t have one in my town, but when traveling I’ll drop in one for a quick meal.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It ain’t fast food that’s for sure. Don’t think I’ve ever spent less than 10 minutes waiting even if I was the only person.

I’m lucky to have three good ones near me, a fourth is not as good.

Double meat. Double cheese. Double bacon. Double grilled jalapeños. On Texas toast. No tomatoes. Large onion rings. Large Dr Pepper.

And then not rear the rest of the day and into the next.
View Quote

They are slow, no doubt but when you order

"Double meat. Double cheese. Double bacon. Double grilled jalapeños. On Texas toast. No tomatoes."

You enter a new slower level of slow.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is it good? We also recently got a Culver's, but haven't had it. I liked it when I tried it in Indiana many moons ago. Theres a new place called Bobby's Burgers that has a self serve toppings bar that is the bee's knees.
View Quote
a la Roy Rogers
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is this the place with the shitty fries? The burger can be tits, but if your fries suck I ain't having it. That's why I won't go to steak n shake. Good burgers, but I hate those tiny ass fries.
View Quote

Arbys crinkle fries are the shit !
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Used to be better.

A plus is that they're open 24/7 , even the dining room. At least around here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this the place with the shitty fries? The burger can be tits, but if your fries suck I ain't having it. That's why I won't go to steak n shake. Good burgers, but I hate those tiny ass fries.

You misspelled curly fries.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#26]
My wife is counting the days until we get one up here.  I think they are good for fast food burgers, but I don't crave them like she does.  I do miss their breakfast burritos though.  Nothing spectacular either, but they are juicy.    

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is it good? We also recently got a Culver's, but haven't had it. I liked it when I tried it in Indiana many moons ago. Theres a new place called Bobby's Burgers that has a self serve toppings bar that is the bee's knees.
View Quote
Eeeeeew, condiments touched by the masses
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#28]
guess they have to move into areas that have never heard of them or eaten at one before...
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#29]
I used to love them when I was younger. I always stopped to get one when I was down on the panhandle on vacation. The last few times I ate there (several different locations) I was disappointed. I don't know if my tastebuds changed or they've cheapened the ingredients over the last 15+ years. Also once I had my first In-N-Out burger it ruined every other chain burger experience for me, forever.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They actually give you a fresh, cleaned set of tongs that you use, and they supposedly wash them after each use. Not sure if that's standard, or just covid protocol.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
its

possessive
View Quote

My bad, Adolph. It was getting late and I neglected to keep my auto correct in check.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Burger, no mustard, add lettuce and tomato.  Large meal.

Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strip Sandwich with pickles lettuce and tomato.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Patty melt + extra slice of cheeseextra grilled onions + grilled jalapeños.
View Quote

1:1 cheese:meat ratio for me please (you do you).  

That said, I can't say I've ever had a bad Patty Melt from there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Used to be better.

A plus is that they're open 24/7 , even the dining room. At least around here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Whataburger was better before the Chicago company bought them. Been going down hill every since.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Whataburger was better before the Chicago company bought them. Been going down hill every since.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Hope it’s better than the hype In N Out gets. They just opened here and Whataburger is being built.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Whataburger can vary dramatically based on location.

The one in my town is mediocre on a good day, but the one 5 miles away in the next town is pretty damned good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#39]
It's ok. Incredibly overrated. The only people who I ever see saying it's amazing are tards from Texas that don't know any better.

Culvers blows whataburger out of the water
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#40]
We have a couple of locations near me. They are okay. They always have an insane number of people in the drive thru line, so apparently a lot of people like them. There's a Chic-fil-A a block over. That drive thru line is typically wrapped around the building... three times. And that is from open to close for them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Buddy from TX has been hyping it up for years.. I tried it when I was in Jacksonville FL for work. Bacon double, mustard, onions, and pickles. Tasted exactly like Sonic. Will not eat again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I ate at one when I was in Texas a couple years ago. Frankly, it sucked. I didn't even finish the meal. I'm hoping it was just that location and all of them aren't that bad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm sure a good bit of it is childhood nostalgia.

However, I do like a Whataburger with grilled onions/jalapenos.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I’ve always liked Whataburger. Burgers are good. The restaurants in my area recently put up an American flag/“God Bless America” graphic in the front windows.
View Quote

Flaggotry doesn't make me any more likely to patronize a business. Every Whataburger I have had has been mediocre. 5 Guys is not as good as it used to be but still the best chain burger.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Prepare for disappointment
View Quote

This^^^^^

Mediocre at best. 5 Guys is still the best chain burger even if the franchisee isn't on their game.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They have the best ketchup on the planet.

Haters gonna hate.
View Quote

HEB sells all the Whataburger sauces, ketchups, mustard and honey butter.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#47]
If it is fresh it is good. Too many horrible workers don’t take pride in the food they make or follow protocol. Thus you get inconsistent food. Best to go fast food during lunch Monday through Friday where best manager is working and usually best employees.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This^^^^^

Mediocre at best. 5 Guys is still the best chain burger even if the franchisee isn't on their game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prepare for disappointment

This^^^^^

Does 5 Guys have a green chili double cheeseburger with grilled onions?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I wish we were getting one here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#50]
It is first?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top