[#1]
My pants are notorious . . .

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
TerryC owns page 150.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Found this on page six.

Apparently, I unsubscribed accidentally on my phone yesterday, so this is just a post to resubscribe.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a call from my bank this morning, last night around midnight some dick decided to use my stolen debit card information to make a bunch of purchases.  They didn't get shit before the bank caught on but now I'm without a debit/atm card for 3-4 days and I have $12 in my wallet.  Fucking thieves.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
BTDT.

I was able to go to the bank and write myself a check for enough cash to hold me over until the new card came.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Software training, blah.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TerryC:
BTDT.

I was able to go to the bank and write myself a check for enough cash to hold me over until the new card came.

View Quote

At least I have a full tank of gas to get to work and back.  I'd have to leave work early to make it to the bank before they close so I'm going to try to make it until Friday.  This is the second or third time this has happened and while it's not the end of the world it is a big enough inconvenience that I'm considering going back to cash for most purchases.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
Software training, blah.....
View Quote

That sounds about as painful as OSHA training.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait, wut?

No one likes us? Seriously?

I'm fucking adorable, dammit!

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Wait, wut?

View Quote

If you're adorable, I'm godamned brad pitt.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:
Wait, wut?

I go too work for two days and you's guys let the place go to hell.  

I would like to think I was Anold....But John Candy would probably be closer.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Woke up to a blissful vision of staying curled up in bed all day along with some yummy food & maybe a nap or two while watching the ducks float by.  Turned on my cell to late night text from the boss with instructions for software trainer as he will be arriving late.  My idyllic bubble was burst, put on a dress, makeup, kissed my small boys & off to work.
Soggy hump day hugs from here Sa/oU!  

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:03:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#17]
View Quote

Quitter.....

Edit for I was thinking of moving that model 15 I posted a while back. The one he narrowed the trigger on and has the poorly finished grips.
It functions flawlessly though. What do you think it might bring. Can throw the old pictures back in if needed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#18]
HOLY sweet cinnamon buns, mother nature dropped over 6 inches of rain on us yesterday.  It was a long & lonely o'l night, house was shaking from the thunder, wind, lightening & torrential rain.  Didn't go down cellar last night or this morning, will tackle that potential mess tonight after work.  Felt refreshing to drive to work this morning & feel the glorious warmth of sunshine.

Thank all that is holy above software training is done, back to the files.  Put in quite a bit of extra hours so far this week, will be grateful for TGIF tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#19]
HOLY sweet cinnamon buns, mother nature dropped over 6 inches of rain on us yesterday.  It was a long & lonely o'l night, house was shaking from the thunder, wind, lightening & torrential rain.  Didn't go down cellar last night or this morning, will tackle that potential mess tonight after work.  Felt refreshing to drive to work this morning & feel the glorious warmth of sunshine.

Thank all that is holy above software training is done, back to the files.  Put in quite a bit of extra hours so far this week, will be grateful for TGIF tomorrow.
View Quote

Do you not have a sump pump down there?  I've considered putting one in my basement but it's really not worth the trouble since it usually only leaks once every year or three.  If we decide to stay here I'm going to dig out around the outside of the house and have it fixed but for now I'll just keep using the squeegee every now and then.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Just checking in.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By hooligan223:
Do you not have a sump pump down there?  I've considered putting one in my basement but it's really not worth the trouble since it usually only leaks once every year or three.  If we decide to stay here I'm going to dig out around the outside of the house and have it fixed but for now I'll just keep using the squeegee every now and then.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

Yes, have a new sump pump from this Spring, not sure if it's plugged in as I didn't hear it running last night.  Besides, tossed aside the hose that runs out into the lawn when I mowed last week. I'll be lucky if stuff isn't floating around, will be using the squeegee this evening.  Didn't have the energy @ midnight last night & wanted to get a early start this morning @ the office.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By golfroot:

Just checking in.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#23]
Good news, not much water in the cellar, didn't even have to squeegee.  Determined to escape from the office @ a decent time & make it home early enough to cook a nice dinner, success, was out before 4. Have couple yummy pork chops in the oven with baked potato & peas with onions.  Enjoying a cold cup of milk as I type.

Found & purchased a nice bag for the new build, has plenty of mag room & other zippered compartments.

Still wish to find a small bag with necessary tools to tuck away in x-tra space, will try to find 1 of those in the near future & I'll be GTG should the need arise.

Off to take a hot shower, slip into my comfies & relax, been a long ass week.  Way toooooo much useless programming codes rambling around in my head.

Lots of love from here Sa/oU.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice bag Miss B.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Good news, not much water in the cellar, didn't even have to squeegee.  Determined to escape from the office @ a decent time & make it home early enough to cook a nice dinner, success, was out before 4. Have couple yummy pork chops in the oven with baked potato & peas with onions.  Enjoying a cold cup of milk as I type.

Found & purchased a nice bag for the new build, has plenty of mag room & other zippered compartments.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/photo156_zpsdb82ef47.jpg
Still wish to find a small bag with necessary tools to tuck away in x-tra space, will try to find 1 of those in the near future & I'll be GTG should the need arise.

Off to take a hot shower, slip into my comfies & relax, been a long ass week.  Way toooooo much useless programming codes rambling around in my head.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/photo157_zpse12fed59.jpg

Lots of love from here Sa/oU.  
View Quote

Love that bag

I got this one for my .357

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#26]
Been a long week back. Sitting down with a Modelo tall can for a quick peek at the net. Both you lady's have nice bags, no offence.
Well cases, It sounded funny in my head. I was thinking of spending a few bucks on the new Magpul pink AR furniture for my daughters one.
Bonus points if they fit the 22 AR knock offs out there. That might be her birthday present. The old Cav arms stuff is showing some age.
Took me forever to piece it together. Was a very limited run in that color. They never thought it would sell.
More of a bubble gum pink.

Plus they matched her shorts. You lady's worry about these things.

Edit for she is a lot older now but refuses to have a photo taken of her at all.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm back.

Tested for my CDL. Of which there are three parts; pre-trip, skills and road testing. I'm disappoint.

We arrived early to the test site and I practiced.  They had two courses set up and I could circle from one to the other after completing the straight backing, offset backing and 90 degree alley docking. I came in and nailed the 90, but had issues with the offset. My co-driver waved me to the next set up and I nailed the offset, but not the 90. So I circled around to the first set of cones and  continued to practice for about 2 hours before the examiner arrived.

And that's when it all went downhill fast...  When you're driving a combination vehicle,  a little bitty "S" can mean a whole hell of a lot. As in "bring your driver's license, med card, insurance card and registrations". So one would be wise to ensure the registration for the semi and THE FUCKING TRAILER is among the items collected prior to driving a big rig for a couple of hours only to be told,  "No registration, no road test". (Yeah, pay no attention to the PERMANENT licence plate on the trailer!)

Passed the pre-trip. Which was a surprise as IIRC I even called out "theJesus nut on the gonculator shaft is well mounted and properly lubed with cotter key in place".

On to the skills portion.  No problem on straight line backing & nailed the offset. 90 degree alley docking. . . I resembled a retarded snake with its head cut off.  It wasn't pretty and I ended up discontinuing the test. Aside from the frustration of not being able to road test due to the missing trailer registration, my co-driver who helped me practice - lined me up with cones on the incorrect side of the truck as the start position.  So when the examiner had me begin on the opposite side I had practiced, it threw my mental capacity into a tailspin.

Oh,  and I mentioned I'd nailed the 90 right out of the gate when we were practicing, right?  Turns out, that was set up for "B" class cdl. Which is smaller trucks than I was driving.  So, it's not that I can't do it.  It's just @ that moment, I "couldn't" do it.

If you'll excuse me, Jasper Newton just dropped by with a "pick me up".
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
Been a long week back. Sitting down with a Modelo tall can for a quick peek at the net. Both you lady's have nice bags, no offence.
Well cases, It sounded funny in my head. I was thinking of spending a few bucks on the new Magpul pink AR furniture for my daughters one.
Bonus points if they fit the 22 AR knock offs out there. That might be her birthday present. The old Cav arms stuff is showing some age.
Took me forever to piece it together. Was a very limited run in that color. They never thought it would sell.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/P6280101.jpg

Edit for she is a lot older now but refuses to have a photo taken of her at all.

View Quote

That's a great pic!

I went with the Larue pink set for my little hurricane.  Well worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#29]
My pants are notorious . . .

View Quote

This should be your avatar title...
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I've trained more than a few. Pure and simple you have eight  points to give away. If you nailed forward then straight backing made the corner without killing the cone

Done the pull up without going over. You should have all eight demerits still there. They give you one for each pull up. Two for hitting a cone if memory serves.

Even if you know your going to hit a cone on your docking maneuver. HIT IT. two demerits you qualify. But if you keep pulling up trying to do it right your just getting yourself more.

He will tell you that was bad but you move on. Think of it as a intentional walk in Baseball.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By dpmmn:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/P6280101.jpg

That was a totally thrown together parts gun. I only spent a bit more on one item. Check out the Chrome carrier in that baby.

Why is it when you show up with a pink gun everyone wants to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#36]
We had been out shooting. So she looks a little disheveled. After her bath she wanted another so here it is.
Looking much better. Pretty proud of herself.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:19:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#37]
I've trained more than a few. Pure and simple you have eight  points to give away. If you nailed forward then straight backing made the corner without killing the cone

Done the pull up without going over. You should have all eight demerits still there. They give you one for each pull up. Two for hitting a cone if memory serves.

Even if you know your going to hit a cone on your docking maneuver. HIT IT. two demerits you qualify. But if you keep pulling up trying to do it right your just getting yourself more.

He will tell you that was bad but you move on. Think of it as a intentional walk in Baseball.
View Quote

Thanks M1. Though in the Intel world, I believe this is known as "time late information".
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:44:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

Thanks M1. Though in the Intel world, I believe this is known as "time late information".
View All Quotes

Well if I'd had frigging known. Your ducks need to be in a row on the test truck. Even though you passed pre trip you will have to go through a new one on the retest. You will not be scored on it though.
But if you half ass it he may deny you a road test with no explanation. Some of those guys can be pretty picky. If you have a hazmat endorsement you will need to drive the truck like it was placard even though it isn't.
Off the throttle and cover your brake peddle when going through intersections. You need to drive the way he wants you to. For one time. Then you will be free. He will ask about signs you have already passed.
Bridge hight is a notorious one but speed limit changes are good ones too. He wants to know if your paying attention to what you have passed. Not just spending time like the bumper cars around you.

That's a hard habit to change. Good luck!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah but, "he" was a "she" M1. Why are you trying to confuse me!?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:10:33 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Well nit picking and telling you your wrong will be very natural then.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I guess that's why she stayed out of the cab while I maneuvered the course.  Otherwise she'd have just driven the damn thing from the passenger seat!

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Yeah, I guess that's why she stayed out of the cab while I maneuvered the course.  Otherwise she'd have just driven the damn thing from the passenger seat!

View All Quotes

You said that...I didn't.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:35:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#44]

At work today and not wanting to be here this morning.   Rough task ahead of me but it's time to nut up and get it done.

I hope you all have a great day.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

If i didn't have to work tomorrow, i'd join ya..
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:14:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#48]

Originally Posted By Berettastarlight:

Love that bag

I got this one for my .357

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q597/Berettastarlight/20140814_204147_zpsc2401rnz.jpg
View Quote

Damn girl NICE, never really thought about decorative bag for individual pistols/revolvers, duh!!!  Usually keep mine in the hard cases or have a 5 pistol case for hauling several to the range at once.  Have a few pretty rifle bags in various pink camo, if you have a rifle or shotgun that isn't scoped, PM me your name & address will send 1 over just for you MrsM.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Do you work night shift MrsM?

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

She works the normal 9-5, but didn't sleep very well last night.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top