Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I will keep buying 2-4 suppressors per year but won't have to pay the $200 tax stamp and wait 6 months to a year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If this passes we will enter a whole new phase of firearms development. I predict integrated suppressor technology to jump leaps and bounds. The military will adopt a new upper at the very least. This will be a huge game changer. Just like when the modular rails hit the scene.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All you guys better dang well be looking for threaded barrels for your guns. Suppressors are easy, threaded barrels will be sold out and backordered to oblivion.
View Quote

Almost all barrels that get made are going to be threaded.
Unthreaded barrels are going to be like 10 round magazines:  They'll keep making them for ban states, but nobody else is going to want them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
5 minutes after vote, walk into shop, buy Omega.  Wait for bill to go into effect, pick up Omega.

Meanwhile, home build 22lr.

See how light an aluminum can can be and still handle 5.55.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If this passes we will enter a whole new phase of firearms development. I predict integrated suppressor technology to jump leaps and bounds. The military will adopt a new upper at the very least. This will be a huge game changer. Just like when the modular rails hit the scene.
View Quote

This guy. This guy knows.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
integrally silenced 10/22 for my boys to learn to shoot on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe a SiCo Omega 9 or the Sico 9mm suppressed handgun.  Nothing is really going to change for me since I bought 9 last year in the span of 3 months.  

Wait until a must have is released that truly changes the industry.
View Quote

This will hit fast forward, more people buying them will mean more R&D money.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
integrally silenced 10/22 for my boys to learn to shoot on.
View Quote

I have a bolt gun that would be integrally suppressed the weekend after.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#9]
If it passes I'm going to use my solvent trap for other than cleaning my gun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]
See if any of my cans qualify for the tax rebate.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#11]
To spend about three hours in Lowe's and then the rest of the weekend in my garage.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#12]
5.56 suppressor.
Threaded barrels for various guns and adapters
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm already on the verge of buying threaded barrels for a few guns and pondering sending off a few that need threads

might play with some DIY cans while waiting for the supply to catch up with demand
View Quote

If you want threads now is the time to get them.   Good luck finding threaded pistol barrels for a while if the HPA passes.

I don't expect factory threaded pistol barrels to be a whole lot more common than they are now; a lot of people aren't going to be able to own them, or cans, and the cost of threading a zillion barrels will add up for manufacturers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Already available.   https://www.roninpro.com/collections/rimfire-solvent-trap-kits/products/1-25-rimfire-solvent-trap-kit-9-37-long-gen-2?variant=20705507137
View Quote

...or on borrowed time.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#15]
.308 and .40
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#16]
22LR handgun
17 hornet
9mm
10mm

A 6 pack oughta do it for me
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...or on borrowed time.

-Emt1581
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already available.   https://www.roninpro.com/collections/rimfire-solvent-trap-kits/products/1-25-rimfire-solvent-trap-kit-9-37-long-gen-2?variant=20705507137
...or on borrowed time.

-Emt1581
SDTA demonstrating intent by publishing instructional videos on how to turn their solvent traps into silencers was their problem.  It doesn't affect the rest of the solvent trap industry.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My plan would be to look at all the threads you guys post with your cool suppressors, since we in the gulag won't ever be able to see those dangerous things.
View Quote

SEC. 4. Preemption of certain State laws in relation to firearm silencers.

Section 927 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: “Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, a law of a State or a political subdivision of a State that, as a condition of lawfully making, transferring, using, possessing, or transporting a firearm silencer in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, imposes a tax on any such conduct, or a marking, recordkeeping or registration requirement with respect to the firearm silencer, shall have no force or effect.”.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]
When does the HPA come up for a vote?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Section 927 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: “Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, a law of a State or a political subdivision of a State that, as a condition of lawfully making, transferring, using, possessing, or transporting a firearm silencer in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, imposes a tax on any such conduct, or a marking, recordkeeping or registration requirement with respect to the firearm silencer, shall have no force or effect.”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My plan would be to look at all the threads you guys post with your cool suppressors, since we in the gulag won't ever be able to see those dangerous things.

That doesn't help the people in states that outright ban them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Has to clear committee first.  I haven't been able to find a schedule for either of the House committees or the Senate committee it was referred to.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Buy more of these?

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#23]
short term will make the .22 shortage look like a non event
the neckbearding and reselling of cans will be astronomical

count on it
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Every backyard machine shop will be making them. I will buy one for each rifle and pistol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Omega 9k
Saker 762
MP5-SD SBR
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Every backyard machine shop will be making them. I will buy one for each rifle and pistol.
View Quote
You'll still need an 07 FFL to make them for anything but personal use.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd probably buy a rimfire can, since I've got a .30cal Saker and a .45 Osprey that cover the rest of what I want. Maybe a 3-lug 9mm can.

What I would really want to see is more interesting integrally suppressed guns. I like weird guns so stuff like that would be right up my alley. Modernized DeLisle carbines, HK53SDs in .300blk, even (be still my fluttering heart) some VSS and AS-Val clones?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Suppress all the things and set my debit card on fire.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Pick up a suppressed nagant revolver.

Maybe grab one for my Ar and Fnx .45.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
purchase a lathe and build my own 
View Quote

Machinist friend already has the equipment. I will be making my own at his shop since I predict everything will be back ordered for two years the day after it takes effect. Three cans planned for now.

9mm
.22/.223
.30 caliber
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm going to buy one in the next few days since that shit ain't passing, and if it magically does, it'll a long time before it goes into effect.

ETA: I already own a mill, lathe, and plenty of stock.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#32]
My wife will be upset.... 

probably a pistol can in 9mm, and a threaded barrel for my sp01
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So how does this work. Would  the law allowed  you to build your own.

Wouldn't fall under the same as making your firearm. With the restrictions that it can't be sold or difficult to sell.

Or is it considered like accessories. a set of sites., flashlight, that dot that kind of thing
View Quote

The bill as written would treat them as a non NFA firearm. No different than building a AR 80% lower.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Be happy for you guys in America.

Sit on the sidelines and applaud your victory from here, behind the lines in Dumbfuckistan.
View Quote

My understanding is that the bill has preemption.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My sig brace pistol will get the first can, pinned and welded, and a new stock.
View Quote

This on my 300 Blackout pistol as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Be happy for you guys in America.

Sit on the sidelines and applaud your victory from here, behind the lines in Dumbfuckistan.
Not exactly.  They will still be banned in states that ban them outright.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#38]
My plan is to complete a couple 80% kits to hold me over until the market stabilizes and we enter the silent salad days.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not exactly.  They will still be banned in states that ban them outright.
View Quote

Well there is still hope.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=206&GAID=13&DocTypeID=SB&LegId=84166&SessionID=88&GA=99
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
223. 308, 30/06

9mm, 45acp

22lr,. 22wmr

The price will double due to demand....
View Quote

Very doubtful...and if so, it will only be right at the beginning.  

In fact over time, the exact opposite will happen and they will be available for at least half price I would say.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#41]
All of my .22s will have dedicated suppressors.  All of them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Has to clear committee first.  I haven't been able to find a schedule for either of the House committees or the Senate committee it was referred to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for answering my question.  
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top