Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2024 11:04:59 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone can answer a couple of questions that I have with regards to adding my son to my gun trust.

The trust specifically mentions my son being added once he reaches the age of 18. It says I have to get the exhibit A and B forms in the trust executed and attach them to the trust. This is pretty clear. The questions I have are in regards to what the ATF needs.

1). Do I send in the whole trust again with the attached exhibit papers mentioned in the trust, or do I just need to send in the two exhibit papers and reference my trust name?

2). Do I need to do all of the fingerprint and picture stuff for him? I am confused on this as some websites say yes and others say not until I add another item to the trust.

3). What other forms do I need if any?

Much thanks to anyone that can help.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#1]
No answers from me, but I hope to learn about this for myself.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The ATF gets noting just by adding him to your trust.

If you do any future NFA transfers or Form 1 submissions, then at that time you'll send them the updated trust documents that list him as being on it, and he would at that time have to do a responsible person questionnaire and the photo and fingerprints and all that.

But until you do another for submission like that for an NFA item, you don't send anything new to the ATF at all.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]
What D_Man said...

The ATF already approved the TRUST.  It's out of their hands what happens to it after that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1911LVR:
What D_Man said...

The ATF already approved the TRUST.  It's out of their hands what happens to it after that.
View Quote

I called and spoke with the agent who had walked thru my stamps after a screw up on their
part, in adding my grandson, daughter was preggers at the time.

he said
its YOUR trust YOU do what you want with it, nothing to do with us, it's approved.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
I called and spoke with the agent who had walked thru my stamps after a screw up on their
part, in adding my grandson, daughter was preggers at the time.

he said
its YOUR trust YOU do what you want with it, nothing to do with us, it's approved.
View Quote

Just a point these are examiners not agents.  Agents are law-enforcement, carry guns, kick in doors, arrest people, etc.  Examiners process documents.

I've worked with several examiners to help with atypical NFA transfers and they're really helpful.
Top Top