Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 503
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:31:12 AM EDT
[#1]
???????????. ????????? ??? ??????? ????????? ???????? ????? ?? ?????? ???????
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Lol. Some kind of space alien. " Big as an elephant and arms like an octopus"

Громозека
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/download__1__jpeg-3224643.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Forbes read the inscription on the Russian tank-turtle "Gromozek" as "Homosek" and wrote in the article in English:

"One infamous turtle tank "Homosexualist"" 👀

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOj8FVEXMAACFmn?format=jpg&name=large

https://t.me/ukrcadet/16751

Lol. Some kind of space alien. " Big as an elephant and arms like an octopus"

Громозека
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/download__1__jpeg-3224643.JPG

I actually watched this after seeing the reference, you can see the 45 minute movie here with English subtitles:

The Mystery of the Third Planet (1981) Soviet Sci-Fi Animation with English and Russian subtitles

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:57:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#3]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Regardless, the PRC has to attempt to do the largest amphibious invasion since D-Day except on a far larger scale . I'm not kidding when I'm saying that I don't even think we could do it.

https://www.cfr.org/article/why-china-would-struggle-invade-taiwan
View Quote

Lots of their civilian ferries, RORO, ConRO, ROPAX, ROLO ships and coastal trading vessels were built as dual use ships to support military landing operations.

But maybe they try to blockade Taiwan and starve them into surrender instead of a landing operation under fire.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:06:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]

Considering the constraints, Taiwan's best move is to bide time allowing them and us to improve posture and defenses . Not to mention, the PRC's changing demographics don't do it any favors as time goes on. Regardless, the PRC has to attempt to do the largest amphibious invasion since D-Day except on a far larger scale . I'm not kidding when I'm saying that I don't even think we could do it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By planemaker:

All Taiwan has to do is pop an aircraft or ship that crosses the line. You warn, you warn again, if they come into your space, you sink/shoot the bastards. The Chicoms aren't stupid, though. They know where the line is and they stay on their side of it. For now. These exercises are practice for the real thing. They hope by doing these on the regular, they can lull the Taiwanese into complacency, making them vulnerable for when ChinaIsAsshoe decides to actually strike.

All exercises are practices for the real thing and striking a Chinese asset has very real strategic consequences for Taiwan and the US.

I know this is GD but

War with China is coming.  The question is what terms it comes under.  Do we let them continue what's happening right now towards its obvious conclusion - real attack at some point - while scratching out heads and guaranteeing we're caught with our pants down?
If we want to prevent the war we need resolute and drastic action NOW.  As in an ultimatum via the USN and USAF that another such exercise will be taken as a hostile act.  As in stationing air defense and theater nuclear weapons on Taiwan.
Neither one of those is likely to come from either administration we end up with in November.

The brewing of a war started in 1979 when the US recognized the PRC as the legal government of China. Every single administration since has been kicking the can down the road. I also believe stationing nuclear weapons along with a US trip wire force akin to the one in S. Korea would've been enough to keep the peace but those days are long over and you're right I don't think any administration will have the balls to make such moves.

But for discussion sake, let's just pretend Taiwan shot down two J-16s that violated its airspace. How do you think the PRC would respond? Do people here truly believe they'd allow themselves to lose face by not responding militarily?

If Taiwan takes the bait China will attack.
If Taiwan ignores all provocations China will attack eventually anyway.
There is no best choice for Taiwan, unless they can pull nukes and a delivery system out of a hat.
Frankly, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan all need nukes and an IRBM right fucking now.
The only best choice is as I said, an immediate ultimatum from us, which won't happen due to inertia/greed/cowardice/incompetence.

Considering the constraints, Taiwan's best move is to bide time allowing them and us to improve posture and defenses . Not to mention, the PRC's changing demographics don't do it any favors as time goes on. Regardless, the PRC has to attempt to do the largest amphibious invasion since D-Day except on a far larger scale . I'm not kidding when I'm saying that I don't even think we could do it.

Yep, it becomes more amusing when you see they plan to load up large, fat commercial vessels targets that can been by satellite that will be carrying the bulk of their supplies and military to the landing sites.  All at a snails pace of 15 knots while anti ship cruise missiles are everywhere, and subs, and torpedoes.

Of course they would have you believe that we would never see it coming, except for the insane amount of U.S. satellites and other assets meant for the job.

https://www.andrewerickson.com/2023/01/cmsi-china-maritime-report-25-more-chinese-ferry-tales-chinas-use-of-civilian-shipping-in-military-activities-2021-2022/

These satellite images are also very juicy targets for Taiwanese ATACMS missiles if it became go time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#5]

There’s no way to be certain of course, but most likely we’re talking 1-3 years tops.  We aren’t talking about waiting for generational demographic or economic problems to solve our China problems for us.  By the time they do the war for Taiwan will be long over.  Taiwan (and us) has 1-3 years to prepare and whatever can’t be done in that time isn’t going to be done.
Besides a US ultimatum, the best thing that could possibly be done is Taiwan, SK, and Japan going nuclear in secret and announcing it without warning and only once nukes were on IRBMs pointed at China.  This is thought to be possible, with Japan and SK being “turnkey nuclear states” that could have weapons very quickly.  With peace enforced at the point of nuclear missiles, THEN you can sit tight and wait for China to implode.
View All Quotes

All Taiwan has to do is pop an aircraft or ship that crosses the line. You warn, you warn again, if they come into your space, you sink/shoot the bastards. The Chicoms aren't stupid, though. They know where the line is and they stay on their side of it. For now. These exercises are practice for the real thing. They hope by doing these on the regular, they can lull the Taiwanese into complacency, making them vulnerable for when ChinaIsAsshoe decides to actually strike.

All exercises are practices for the real thing and striking a Chinese asset has very real strategic consequences for Taiwan and the US.

I know this is GD but

War with China is coming.  The question is what terms it comes under.  Do we let them continue what's happening right now towards its obvious conclusion - real attack at some point - while scratching out heads and guaranteeing we're caught with our pants down?
If we want to prevent the war we need resolute and drastic action NOW.  As in an ultimatum via the USN and USAF that another such exercise will be taken as a hostile act.  As in stationing air defense and theater nuclear weapons on Taiwan.
Neither one of those is likely to come from either administration we end up with in November.

The brewing of a war started in 1979 when the US recognized the PRC as the legal government of China. Every single administration since has been kicking the can down the road. I also believe stationing nuclear weapons along with a US trip wire force akin to the one in S. Korea would've been enough to keep the peace but those days are long over and you're right I don't think any administration will have the balls to make such moves.

But for discussion sake, let's just pretend Taiwan shot down two J-16s that violated its airspace. How do you think the PRC would respond? Do people here truly believe they'd allow themselves to lose face by not responding militarily?

If Taiwan takes the bait China will attack.
If Taiwan ignores all provocations China will attack eventually anyway.
There is no best choice for Taiwan, unless they can pull nukes and a delivery system out of a hat.
Frankly, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan all need nukes and an IRBM right fucking now.
The only best choice is as I said, an immediate ultimatum from us, which won't happen due to inertia/greed/cowardice/incompetence.

There’s no way to be certain of course, but most likely we’re talking 1-3 years tops.  We aren’t talking about waiting for generational demographic or economic problems to solve our China problems for us.  By the time they do the war for Taiwan will be long over.  Taiwan (and us) has 1-3 years to prepare and whatever can’t be done in that time isn’t going to be done.
Besides a US ultimatum, the best thing that could possibly be done is Taiwan, SK, and Japan going nuclear in secret and announcing it without warning and only once nukes were on IRBMs pointed at China.  This is thought to be possible, with Japan and SK being “turnkey nuclear states” that could have weapons very quickly.  With peace enforced at the point of nuclear missiles, THEN you can sit tight and wait for China to implode.

I can just say that Japan could become a nuclear power literally overnight.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Yep, it becomes more amusing when you see they plan to load up large, fat commercial vessels targets that can been by satellite that will be carrying the bulk of their supplies and military to the landing sites.  All at a snails pace of 15 knots while anti ship cruise missiles are everywhere, and subs, and torpedoes.
View Quote

Never underestimate an enemy.

China has spies and supporters all over Taiwan. They will do lots of damage before the first shot is fired.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:14:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

China has spies and supporters all over Taiwan. They will do lots of damage before the first shot is fired.

View All Quotes

Taiwan has the same in China.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#10]
As Capta had mentioned the other day, this helps illustrate a possible large gap in Russian radar coverage from these two attacks.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Israel/Gaza
View All Quotes
Israel/Gaza

🔴Eliminated in the precise airstrike in northwest Rafah: Hamas Chief of Staff in Judea and Samaria and an additional senior Hamas official.

Terrorist #1: Yassin Rabia

Rabia managed the entirety of Hamas' terrorist activity in Judea and Samaria, transferred funds to terrorist targets and planned Hamas terrorist attacks throughout Judea and Samaria. He also carried out numerous attacks, in which IDF soldiers were killed.  

Terrorist #2: Khaled Nagar

Nagar, a senior official in Hamas’ Judea and Samaria Headquarters, directed shooting attacks and other terrorist activities in Judea and Samaria and transferred funds intended for Hamas’ terrorist activities in Gaza. He also carried out several deadly terrorist attacks in which IDF soldiers were killed.

The strike also started a fire in a nearby refugee "camp" that killed 35 people, all civilians, of course.  

Palestinian tweet with graphic footage from the attack last night.  Warning: a dead baby  This was first posted shortly after the attack, and whether true or not, has been shared and spread all over.

Translation:  I don't apologize for the harshness of the scene

More video of aftermath of incident in Rafah

Translation from Turkish--We have a score to settle sooner or later

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Help Ukraine to identify air defense systems in occupied areas

"We are looking for Russian air defense in the occupied territories

Russian air defense installations cover military headquarters, accumulations or convoys of equipment, shoot down reconnaissance drones, helicopters and planes of the Defense Forces of Ukraine.

Help the Defense Forces to find and eliminate Russian anti-aircraft, so that our defenders can more effectively destroy the command posts and equipment of the occupiers. Report it to the chatbot isEnemy .

Air defense systems have the appearance of massive structures with missiles on the hull, towers and locators. The military needs information about:

•Osa
•Pantsir
•Tor
• Buk
• Strella

Forward this message to relatives and friends in the occupied territories. Be sure to warn them about their own security measures, including the need to delete correspondence with the chatbot and other compromising materials.

The request in eEnemy about the placement of enemy equipment is like intelligence from drones and satellites, so it is very valuable. The military checks it and makes a decision based on it. The defense forces need your help."
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Whatever the reason (intent or incompetence) the Biden admin has repeatedly shown themselves to issue orders to friendlies that they won’t enforce.  They tried to prevent any attack on Gaza at all.  That failed.  Then they demanded Israel not attack Raffa.  That failed.  They demanded Ukraine not attack refineries.  That at least partly failed.  They look like fools.
Everyone knows that Iran is driving for the bomb and their mutual alliance with Russia makes them more dangerous than ever.  Israel WILL ACT and they won’t ask permission.
Ukraine’s position and their mutual interest make this a mutually beneficial relationship for them.  Ukraine has plausible deniability too.  After all, they need to protect the western investment in F16s and those OTH radars are dangerous.
View Quote

I agree with everything you wrote. But I will add that Biden/Obama are pro-Iran and anti-Israel. No other way to say it. And this is by intent (and willful incompetence). Either they are Muslim Brotherhood (probably less likely with Biden) or they are stupid enough to believe that ALL the problems and conflict in the ME is because Israel exists and is strong, independent, and forcefully sovereign. "If only Israel was a weakling equal with the muslim shitholes in the region, they would sit down and negotiate away 1/2 of their territory allowing Palestine into existence and there would be nothing but joy".

They dont understand that on the same day Palestine comes into existence, they will start preparing for a war of extermination against Israel. If Palestine succeeds in exterminating Israel, the surround ME countries would attack them THE SAME DAY because they know Palestinians are a cancer to the world. It's not the Palestinians fault. They were born out of hate and envy and now cannot exist without hating and envying someone. (similar to communists)
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#19]
On Twitter and some media it's being reported that Egyptian and Israeli forces have exchanged fire at the Rafah crossing.

From Ha'aretz liveblog
Report: Egyptian sources say Israeli soldiers fired toward Egyptian forces at Rafah border crossing
View Quote

BREAKING: INCIDENT BETWEEN EGYPT AND ISRAEL IN RAFAH

Israeli Channel 13: An unusual incident between the Israeli and Egyptian armies in Rafah and Israel is conducting an investigation

Hebrew Channel 14: Egyptian soldiers opened fire on Israeli soldiers at the Rafah crossing, without injuries.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#20]

I can just say that Japan could become a nuclear power literally overnight.  
View Quote

Because of Japan's unique history, getting public approval for stationing nuclear weapons inside their country will be a problem. This would make them a target in any nuclear exchange, greatly increasing the possibility that they would suffer much more than they did after the atomic explosions ending WW II. They would also have to convince their very vocal anti-nuclear community that they need these weapons to defend the country, weapons the anti's have been working to abolish for close to 80 years now.

Japan, if pushed to war, is a formidable foe. The problem is, they haven't been on a war footing closing on a century now. This conversion is impossible inside a time frame that works without a nuclear shield in place to protect them in the meantime. IMO, there isn't a more cohesive society on the face of the Earth where their citizens are willing to sacrifice for the good of the nation and the good of their communities than the Japanese.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#21]

That would be terribly unwise to do and would give the CCP the excuse they need to take the island and for leftists/moderates to look away while they do it.
View Quote

Yeah. I think CCP is looking for a provocation to jump. Taiwan would be better off sinking as many Chinese ships as possible in that case. Downing aircraft also. Basically like Israel in 1967 pre-emptive attacks. They know it's coming so better to fuck up the CCP timetables.

I dont think Taiwan would do that though since it may give some weak-kneed allies (USA) an excuse to sit idle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

China has spies everywhere. Try being a spy in China, they are so paranoid of penetration that no foreigner on their soil goes unwatched. Literally every hotel phone is tapped when registered to a foreign guest, SIGNET and camera coverage is universal. I would wager that every single Chinese student that returns from western universities gets debriefed, is required to write in depth regarding their experience, whether they were sent as spies or not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Delivered on an F-16 schedule?  Sorry, I'm cynical about all the "soon" promises.  GET ALL THIS SHIT MOVING NOW!
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Forbes read the inscription on the Russian tank-turtle "Gromozek" as "Homosek" and wrote in the article in English:

"One infamous turtle tank "Homosexualist"" 👀

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOj8FVEXMAACFmn?format=jpg&name=large

https://t.me/ukrcadet/16751

View Quote

LOL! Thats the funniest thing I've read in weeks. Thanks for that.

Should become the official name for ALL RU turtle-tanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Oh FFS.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#27]

It isn't a matter of everyone needing to step up. If the economy collapses, then what?  People have to eat, pay bills, clothe themselves. What happens if the auto parts market collapses? Where will we get parts, have things rebuilt, etc. It's already difficult enough with all the foreign military vehicles in country. Try finding parts for a right hand drive vehicle here, yikes. My father is actually sending me some parts for my vehicle that he ordered from Manila.

If there is no normalcy here, many people will simply lose their shit. We have gone through a lot in over two years of this. I'm amazed I still have my sanity. I'm glad my girl can still buy food, have a roof over her head with utilities, and go buy what she needs at a store. Those insignificant jobs and things people do behind the line enable us to get what we need quickly and reliably. It allows us to work and not worry about family being ok. We need them doing what they do. Are there some guys that should go sign up? Definitely.

The biggest issue with mobilization is paying those new troops, clothing and equipment for them, and the obvious medical care when some eventually winds up injured. Trust me, they are already having problems paying the soldiers we have. We are currently 4 months behind on our combat payments. We still receive our 20000₴ base pay and deployment bonus of 30000₴, but $1300 USD/month doesn't go very far when we pay for fuel, vehicle maintenance, and any equipment/tools we need. Other units are funding drones, vehicles, medical supplies, etc.

Ukraine needs air defense and the ability/ permission to strike inside Russia. If we continue to just "hold the line", yeah more people will die. If society collapses here, even more will perish.
View Quote

Thank you as always for your perspective. It has 100K more value than my emotional opinionating. Watching this all unfolding from afar is frustrating.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#28]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOkZGHWWYAE0sIX?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOkdPGdWUAAoJdG?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOiJV3TW4AALVS9?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Every one of those victims (along with the thousands of others) should have a Tomahawk donated and named after them, in honor and sent into Russia.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By doc540:

Delivered on an F-16 schedule?  Sorry, I'm cynical about all the "soon" promises.  GET ALL THIS SHIT MOVING NOW!
View Quote

IMO, the announcement of F-16's should be when it can no longer be denied.

Public dithering and date changing by politicians has the effect of deceiving our foe.

Once more Russian radar systems have been destroyed, I hope and pray for a mass attack that destroys all known HQ's, the Kerch bridge and anything important 100+ miles inside Russia's borders.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Haub:

Oh FFS.

View All Quotes

Oh FFS.

It makes it much easier on the Russian soldiers conscience to Rape and murder civilians and children when absorbing this Russian “political training”.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Needs more onion.

Sunflower seeds, too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Life in the Legion as a logistics unit.

Many understand that we are basically the guys that support the direct action teams and anyone else within the squadron. Whether it be clothing, food/water, equipment, vehicle repairs/upgrades, weapons, mines, mortars, rockets, missiles, grenades, ammunition, or weapon repairs we handle it. The reality is it doesn't stop there.

We spend a lot of our time and resources keeping our vehicles in good working order. Regular maintenance, and upgrades are very typical. We after all, have to deliver everything we supply. We need our vehicles for normal daily tasks, and during operations. That means sometimes we have to do customizations to make our job safer and easier.

I have spent some of my leave time upgrading my vehicle. I bought some new all terrain tires, since my vehicle is 4x4 and can go just about anywhere. I added some IR lighting so I can drive without white light. I have also been isolating warning lights, brake lights, and other such light sources in an effort to be truly blacked out with the flip of a switch. Reflective surfaces are painted over with matte finishes. Squeaks and rattles are fixed so you don't hear me coming from miles away, so to speak. My vehicle is over 25 years old, but extremely capable for the work I do. Other vehicles in our unit are also well looked after.

This is a sharp contrast to other battalions I have worked with. Many unfortunately don't see the value in keeping their vehicles ready at all times. A good portion of our time is spent repairing such vehicles that are neglected until they just won't go anymore.

Some recent operations have kept us awake for days at a time. The first day of the last OP had me on the road for two days straight. I made close to 10 deliveries to the Forward Operations Base. This was done with enemy drones overhead, FPVs hunting, and the threat of aviation bombing us. Great care is taken to stay off of a schedule, move quickly, and constantly avoid a routine/same vehicles.

Other things arise as well. There are times when maybe a drone was jammed or lost somewhere. We are the guys that will go find and retrieve it. Some of these drones are $50,000 - $100,000+. Often times there is very limited Intel. We simply have a last known coordinate, and go hunting. Our physical fitness is always critical. Too often when I was an instructor I witnessed young recruits complaining about the amount of PT they were required to perform. "My feet hurt", "I broke a nail",... I believe age has a big part in this factor.

Yes it's true. Many of us are older guys. 30-50 years of age is very common with the veteran/senior units. I feel many of us come from a different mindset where we learned to ignore our aches and pains to get the job done. Whether for better or worse, we also seem less affected by some of the dangers out there. I find it best to have a plan, execute the plan as quickly as possible, and GTFO of there. We can make changes after and learn to improve from our mistakes. The battlefield is not the place to second guess yourself and linger. Have a plan that makes sense before you go out. Adaptation is key, but don't let it stop you from your tasks.

While we all have our defined roles within the unit, we all wear many different hats. I have been an Infil/Exfil driver, delivered gear to the front, mechanic, armorer, fundraiser, guard, and even an electrician.

The pre stages of the last OP had a call for getting electricity to a FOB for the medical team. I went out to a hot area, did an assessment of what was needed, and returned the next day with what was needed. Happy to say I got the house wired hot with some normally illegal shit, and the med team was able to run all of their life saving/ monitoring devices without any issues for the duration of the OP..

Simply put, we do anything to support the squadron and their needs. Our team is very capable and one of the best according to command. I love working with this team. I appreciate you guys for all the support and keeping us in your prayers.

Слава Україні 🇺🇦
View Quote

Outstanding!  I hope you have nothing but successful missions until Russia is completely out of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#34]

I know this is GD but
View All Quotes

I know this is GD but

If a Chinese vessel (or attack aircraft) gets to a point where it obviously has both hostile intent and is within the Taiwanese defense zones, then they have every right under international law to deal with the problem themselves. This is why the Chicoms don't push the line beyond which they know Taiwan will act. This isn't rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Thank you as always for your perspective. It has 100K more value than my emotional opinionating. Watching this all unfolding from afar is frustrating.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

It isn't a matter of everyone needing to step up. If the economy collapses, then what?  People have to eat, pay bills, clothe themselves. What happens if the auto parts market collapses? Where will we get parts, have things rebuilt, etc. It's already difficult enough with all the foreign military vehicles in country. Try finding parts for a right hand drive vehicle here, yikes. My father is actually sending me some parts for my vehicle that he ordered from Manila.

If there is no normalcy here, many people will simply lose their shit. We have gone through a lot in over two years of this. I'm amazed I still have my sanity. I'm glad my girl can still buy food, have a roof over her head with utilities, and go buy what she needs at a store. Those insignificant jobs and things people do behind the line enable us to get what we need quickly and reliably. It allows us to work and not worry about family being ok. We need them doing what they do. Are there some guys that should go sign up? Definitely.

The biggest issue with mobilization is paying those new troops, clothing and equipment for them, and the obvious medical care when some eventually winds up injured. Trust me, they are already having problems paying the soldiers we have. We are currently 4 months behind on our combat payments. We still receive our 20000₴ base pay and deployment bonus of 30000₴, but $1300 USD/month doesn't go very far when we pay for fuel, vehicle maintenance, and any equipment/tools we need. Other units are funding drones, vehicles, medical supplies, etc.

Ukraine needs air defense and the ability/ permission to strike inside Russia. If we continue to just "hold the line", yeah more people will die. If society collapses here, even more will perish.

Don't get me wrong. We ourselves, as foreigners, look at the dudes waiting tables, riding scooters to deliver food, and other such jobs. We wonder why they aren't serving at the front. In the end, it is hard to pass judgement on people when we don't know their whole story. I do see the younger guys giving my 4x4 some jealous looks, and think, soon you may have your own cool war machine. Careful what you wish for.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#37]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOk9qzBX0AIaR7J?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

As much as we suck at building missiles, we can still build them faster than China can build ships.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Ukrainian Drones Hit Voronezh-M Long-Range Radar in Orsk, Russia (1,800km traveled!)
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Video from inside the store.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOgUBJSWAAAWU9i?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOfNtaHXgAAkVC1?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOfNta5XcAAmyvh?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

These poor kids. I really wish I could adopt them all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

SCNR.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#41]
France to send instructors to Ukraine to train Ukrainian soldiers, Syrskyi says

Click To View Spoiler

Not exactly new news but more like public acknowledgement or official statement I suppose. Other EU nations leaders have stated there were already NATO training instructors inside of Ukraine a few weeks ago.

NATO Parliamentary Assembly supports Ukraine's right to hit targets inside Russia using Western arms

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#42]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#43]

BTR-82AM with extended cage armor in service with the Russian Army in Eastern Ukraine, May 2024.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Oh FFS.

View Quote

I was trained to hate russians, and almost 50 years later I still do. I don't get tired of watching them and their equipment explode.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Kinda fun watching China inch closer and closer to having every dock, port, and transport turned into a smoking hole.

Go on there General Mao. Take a "great leap forward." You're sooo close.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Destroyed or damaged Russian MT-LB and BMP with turtle counter-FPV shelters.
View Quote

The process of creating another shed on tracks from an old T-72A without remote protection from the Russian Armed Forces. Such a process is now no longer someone’s initiative, but a decree issued from above.
View Quote

T-80BV with some add on armor.

Another shed made from construction waste with a supposed rubber lining on the roof. Why is it there, did the “designers” of the barn really decide that the drone would bounce, most likely they just found rubber and stuffed it there
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#47]

FVP and F whover made this flyer. Spreading DNC propaganda is extremely retarded when remembering who was the first to send Ukraine weapons and who was absolutely against it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Don't get me wrong. We ourselves, as foreigners, look at the dudes waiting tables, riding scooters to deliver food, and other such jobs. We wonder why they aren't serving at the front. In the end, it is hard to pass judgement on people when we don't know their whole story. I do see the younger guys giving my 4x4 some jealous looks, and think, soon you may have your own cool war machine. Careful what you wish for.
View Quote

Yes. From my very limited perspective of watching the news, internet, etc. it looks like 90% of Ukraine is trying very hard to look and act as if everything is normal while I KNOW thousands of Ukrainians (and foreign volunteers) are fighting desperate battles every day and dying so things can look normal back home. I'm pretty sure that the Russian version of "GD" is posting lots and lots of vids showing UA guys getting droned, shot, blown up, etc. I'm no selfless hero but my instinct is to head towards to shooting and the images or normalcy trigger my OCD.

I also watch Hungarian news that loves to show Ukrainian men getting dragged off the streets presumably for "draft dodging" and also many drowning in the Tisza River trying to cross the border to avoid serving. I know this is Russian propaganda but to some extent it IS happening and also frustrates me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Of course they would have you believe that we would never see it coming, except for the insane amount of U.S. satellites and other assets meant for the job.

https://www.andrewerickson.com/2023/01/cmsi-china-maritime-report-25-more-chinese-ferry-tales-chinas-use-of-civilian-shipping-in-military-activities-2021-2022/

https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.44.55-AM-768x979.png
https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.45.38-AM-768x787.png
https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.47.05-AM-759x1024.png
https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.47.24-AM-768x902.png

https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.47.47-AM-768x979.png

https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.48.05-AM-768x981.png

https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.48.30-AM-768x984.png

https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.50.34-AM-768x904.png

https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.51.39-AM-768x520.png

https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-11.51.58-AM-768x370.png

https://www.andrewerickson.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Screenshot-2023-01-20-at-2.56.02-PM-768x549.png

These satellite images are also very juicy targets for Taiwanese ATACMS missiles if it became go time.
View Quote

Sure would like to see what a Moab or larger bomb would do there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#50]
https://i.imgur.com/wNkyDs2.jpeg

View Quote

I give them a "B+" for the camo but once that thing clears the wood line it will look silly. Looking forward to the explody video of it...
Page / 503
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top