User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a useless poor.......

Because I dont blow thousands of dollars on “cool shit” for christmas?

Typical GD nonsense.......

What did the guy say the say the other day on here? “Working a job you hate, to buy stuff you dont need, to impress people you dont know”.

Im going to go check my retirement account, then go fuck myself.
View Quote

And the day you retire you’ll probably be too fucking cheap things enjoy it and turn into the old money miser. One day your children will inherit it all and go out and enjoy all the experiences and things that they wanted to have and enjoy. You were so fucking concerned for retirement and the future that you forgot about the enjoying life and loving aspect. It’s okay though. You’ll be dead and never know.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

People who buy up ammo in hard times with the sole intention of flipping it for more money are fucking assholes. OP didn't do that. He's adding to the market, not adding artificial shortages.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the dipshits call you a gouger, but if you did it with real estate would call you a genius.

People who buy up ammo in hard times with the sole intention of flipping it for more money are fucking assholes. OP didn't do that. He's adding to the market, not adding artificial shortages.

lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have sold a few guns, but holding on to my ammo... for now.  As far a Christmas, I have decided to enforce a 3 gift limit for for my family this year.  I have had the idea for years, but never stuck to it.  3 gifts were good enough for Baby Jesus, good enough for my family.

I'll let you know if it lasts till next year.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Yesterday I found 1,000 rounds of 9mm and 2,000 rounds of 762.39 I forgot I have.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
this was supposed to be a "capitalist vs gouger" thread but morphed into a "spendy vs poors" thread.

Nothing wrong with buying your kids nice gifts as long as it is within reason (ie not spoiling) and not straining your budget (no debt, saving enough, paying down mortgage), more or less as the OP did.  I would not spend as much as he but I would still get them something nice.  Sometimes I would make it an experience rather than a thing if only so I don't end up with a house full of things.

I personally think its weird for husbands and wives to buy each other gifts because (to me) marriages are comingled finances, so I'm spending 'our' money on 'her'?  she would see the charge anyhow.  I realize thats not a common view but hey, as long as its not ruinous.

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I sold 1k green tips for $1200 a month ago. You fucked up.
View Quote

I would sell every round I have for that. Could probably retire...
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
So you really only made a $1000-$1200 profit? Still nice!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you blow $1800 on your wife and kids for christmas, you should not be allowed to own guns or ammo. (Unless you have like 11 kids)
View Quote

Aim higher than the trailer park, Cooter.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you blow $1800 on your wife and kids for christmas, you should not be allowed to own guns or ammo. (Unless you have like 11 kids)
View Quote

Well bah humbug to you too sir.  Seriously, if you cannot buy gifts for your loved ones why work. And you obviously are not buying Legos.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn if I'm going to sell ammo to buy gifts for others. Have ammo to make sure myself and my loved ones keep their stuff if needed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Good job op!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#12]
It's your ammo do what you want.  You have money now the ammo is gone. Then you can blow it on Christmas.  One or two presents are fine but , a grand per person dang dude that's pretty high priced.  If we spend a grand or so on Christmas that big time for me.  We had to pay for my son's rehearsal dinner with cash since we were from a different state.  Anyway I about cried when my wife laid out $1400.00 to pay for food and drink.  We brought home $400.00 worth of food.  I thought what new rifle or pistol I could have bought.  But my son is worth it and a million times more.  Just a different point of view.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#13]
$1 a round. You shorted yourself.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

? I usually spend 1000 per family member

So about 4K per Christmas.  

What does that have to do with owning guns and ammo?

(ETA, middle class income, we just like to buy cool shit for XMAS)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I dont make a ton but im single with a good job. Mom got a high end robot vacuum plus some more.
Girlfriend got a set of tires she needs plus a ton off other stuff.  1k per member is not crazy
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's your ammo do what you want.  You have money now the ammo is gone. Then you can blow it on Christmas.  One or two presents are fine but , a grand per person dang dude that's pretty high priced.  If we spend a grand or so on Christmas that big time for me.  We had to pay for my son's rehearsal dinner with cash since we were from a different state.  Anyway I about cried when my wife laid out $1400.00 to pay for food and drink.  We brought home $400.00 worth of food.  I thought what new rifle or pistol I could have bought.  But my son is worth it and a million times more.  Just a different point of view./media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1189118954741-14.jpg
View Quote

Lol bro. I pump out 850 rounds an hour with enough components to last my lifetime

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I know people that bought Bitcoin at 400 and sold at 1600. They thought they made out like bandits.

View Quote

Oh hell yeah, winky. If he sold it next year it would have been like 15 grand.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I told a guy $200 for 440 rounds of steel cased .223.  Am I way low?

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Could have sold it for 20x that in the boog
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why are you worried how he spends his money?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In before the dipshits call you a gouger, but if you did it with real estate would call you a genius.
View Quote

Hell, I think he left money on the table.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

More laws!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I bought 400 rounds each 5.56 and 9mm this last weekend for normal prices.   Plus 4 bricks of .22LR and some other misc. stuff.  Stores had plenty.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am a useless poor.......

Because I dont blow thousands of dollars on “cool shit” for christmas?

Typical GD nonsense.......

What did the guy say the say the other day on here? “Working a job you hate, to buy stuff you dont need, to impress people you dont know”.

Im going to go check my retirement account, then go fuck myself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Most people who sell in times like this  have a stock that was purchased during salad days. Unfortunately many are too fucking ignorant to realize that.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This every LGS and online supplier, ever.  Why would you buy something and sell for less?
View Quote

You know what I'm talking about but you can continue to be deliberately obtuse, if you'd like.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:23:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol bro. I pump out 850 rounds an hour with enough components to last my lifetime

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64504/20201126_081800_jpg-1709302.JPG
View Quote

OMG you sold reloads!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Been trying like a son of a bitch to get one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP off to buy a PS5?

Been trying like a son of a bitch to get one.

I got you one. $1900.00 cash.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm keeping every round of my ammo.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just saying. Sold  2 cases case of 9mm, and a case of 5.56 for north of $1800.

Have it, don't shoot it... I reload.

Wife and twins are all set. I believe it to be a better investment than my 401k, roth and stocks.

Just saying.

View Quote

Now I see why you were rooting for Biden... For your own fucking pocket book....

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't blame ya
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Poll thread started in honor of you.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/How-much-do-you-spend-on-Christmas-presents-/5-2397517/

My wife and I make about $180k/yr and we spent less than $1k last year (two kids, 5 and 1). We plan on spending $1500 this year since the kids are getting older (6 and 2).

I'm not saying we're better than anyone else, just never felt the need to buy a bunch of shit we don't need just because it's Christmas.

$4-500/kid buys a lot of shit. We don't get each other presents (only do stockings with a $50 max budget), just enjoy spending time with our kids and each other.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some people love their families, who knew.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#35]
It’s your funeral, pal
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dad!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I sold 50 rounds of cheapo Remington 9mm at the range for $100.  I was testing some reloads, guy walks up, I said I might have a box of factory.  He slapped down the Bengie before I could state a price.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

GBPSE

He can do whatever he wants.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm just gonna give the wife and kids ammo
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

GBPSE
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OMG you sold reloads!!
View Quote

Attention store manager... we have a retard in aisle 5 who's being retarded.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah.

What kind of maniac spends a whole $600 each on his wife and kids for Christmas.

Probably even lets them come inside the house to eat too.

This country is getting soft.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just bought an overpriced case of 9mm, AND... I’m not worried about Christmas.

Christmas will come and go, wife and kids will be happy,  AND... I have more ammo.  

Yay!
View Quote

Link

I think my wife would love a case of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:08:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Got to take care of your family.  You probably could have gotten a bit more for your ammo and had a Glock to go with the Christmas presents
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not everyone is as poor as you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everyone is as poor as you are.
Yeah, I have spent $25K and $35K for Christmas in my history.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#47]
LOLOL

I was telling people at work GET AMMO NOW back Late Feb. First week of March.

When it started going up and it was getting harder and harder to get they started asking me if I had ammo to sell I told them YEAH SURE!!!

A buck a round.  

When 5.56 hit $1.00 a round I started to sell a little bit here and there.

LOLOL did they bitch BITCH BITCH BITCH!!! But they coughed up the $20 per 20 rd BOX of IMI M193.  

The whole "A buck a round fuck you buddy I ain't paying that" in July went to "UH Mr Rotorblade you still got ammo to sell.

Why yes you stupid FUDDY DUDDY Dip shit who cussed me not 4 months ago when I said $1.00 per round. NOW SUCK MY DICK OR Pay $20.00 for 20 Rds.

No homo cock sucking but $20.00 per Box of 20 rounds was paid at work.

Funny thing some on the board there BITCHED and BITCHED and Complained when I put up the IMI 556 193 for $1.00 A round. Sold some at .80 per round. Those who bought at .80 per round were very HAPPY.

Dip shits at work STILL ARE BITCHING.  I have heard more bitching from these GROWN ASS MEN in the last month, than a plant full of women all on the rag at the SAME TIME 15 years ago!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm up to $7k+ for just a wife and 2 kids for xmas gifts and I love every minute of it.  Work hard, make money, spread the joy
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I told a guy $200 for 440 rounds of steel cased .223.  Am I way low?

View Quote

Yes, very low.  I'm constantly selling steel case wolf on GB for $300-400 per 500 round chunks; so to make the math easy, its $600-800/case. And it sells no problem with 10-20+ bids and that is no joke.  Bought a SHIT TON over the last 25 years for $170-$240/ case.  Out of 58 auctions I've only had one NPB.

BTW, I have enough components to reload for the rest of my life and a good start of my kids lives.  Don't miss the ammo I've sold one bit because there is plenty left.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:23:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have the best way about summarizing my feelings into words.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top